size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
03-21-2019, 07:07 PM
Seeing Poems disagreement, she shot Rhyme a quick death-glare, ensuring not a single puppy saw it. "Poem, walk with me for a moment?" She asked her small daughter. She looked at her pale form, and thought of another time, a world away, yet something that had taken place not far from here. Her and Motif and one of the disagreements they had had. She remembered digging in her paws and cause her mother grief. She swallowed back a chokeful of emotion, and managed to offer her a sad smile.

She pulled her daughter away, and walked a while until they where out of earshot of the others. If she thought doing so would help with the memories, she was wrong.
"My mother was called Destruction, as was her mother before her. Have I told you about your grandmother? She was a fierce warrior, a leader of warriors. She lead the fighters of Abaven back at the beginning, before I was even born. She was a headstrong woman, who wasnt afraid to fight for those she loved. Your great Uncle Bass Destruction created this pack from nothing. He lead it in war and in peace, with his wits and his strength. This pack was the largest pack in his days.. and recently its become so again. The largest pack in this land. The Destruction name... it goes back a long way, and has a lot of rich history. A history that lives on in you and your sister.."

she never thought any of her children would wash their paws of this name. How did the harsh Imperels grant more respect for a name then the Destructions, who lead with peace and love. She wanted her children to carry her name. She wanted her fierce little Poem to hold it with pride. She was going to Rip Rhyme apart for putting this thought in her daughters head.
"What part of the Destruction name do you object to?" She would learn that lesson from her mother - she wouldnt just put her foot down, say no and offer punishments. She would share some of the rich history, and then listen to what Poem had to say.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

The Ooze ParticipantValentines 2020Critical Fail!Trick 2019
03-21-2019, 07:50 PM
Poem blinked in confusion as her mother led her away from their little meeting. Her ears fell to her skull as she looked up at Rhyme hopefully, he encouraged her with a forced smile and a nod. The effort was enough and Poem continued on with little more hesitation except for Noir giving her the stink eye. She was being singled out and he didn’t like it. That was enough to put a spring in her step and she perked up and sped up behind her mom.

They walked a little longer than she expected, but when her mother stopped Poem couldn’t see Noir looking on in envy anymore. She turned her head back to Shaye, eyes bright and curious as she sat at her paws and looked up at her. She listened carefully as her mother went over her family history, speaking at length about her sister’s namesake.

Then the question. Why hadn’t she chosen Destruction. ”I don’t.” She said innocently. ”I like Cavaliere. I wanna be like Tato.” She didn’t hold any disdain in her voice, it was the honest truth. She beamed up at Shaye, unaware at the turmoil beneath the surface of her mother because of her decision.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

03-21-2019, 09:43 PM
She wanted to be known for rhymes name because he was her father. Then what about destruction? The name of her mother. But children didnt always know what they said would hurt, so she didnt address it. Instead, she looked at Poem with gravity and love, and thought about what she wanted to say. As much as she loved Rhyme and allowed him into their lives. And she did love him, even with the ups and downs that had been their relations from the beginning. In the end, she considered Poem and Motif hers in an almost possessive manner. She loved her children with all of her heart. "Ah, but you are also your mother's child, and I have yet to tell you exactly what that means" she said her voice holding weight so Poem would know she spoke of important matters, but there was a twinkle in her eyes that spoke of love.

"You are the Child of the main Alpha of Abaven" Noir was a bully, Verse was too sickly, and well Theory had promise.. the truth was, she wanted to pass on the mantle to her own blood. To the Destruction line and name. "That means you are a potential, an heir to the Destruction pack. If you wish it, and train for it, you could one day become the leader of Abaven. Either by yourself, or beside Motif. But this is your heritage, yours and Motifs, as my daughter and a Destruction. You could one day lead the largest pack in the land. I was waiting until you where old enough to be apprenticed, but I believe you should know now what it means to be a Destructon" she explained to her sweet Poem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

03-22-2019, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 03:04 PM by Poem.)
Poem tried to comprehend where her mother was going, this topic was important and it seemed Shaye put much more weight on this decision than her father. The girl watched wide eyed as the alpha looked down at her child, her unconditional love obvious in her bright blue gaze. Shaye hadn’t spoken to her like this before, she hadn’t needed to be bothered with such weighty topics in her short life. Poem blinked up at Shaye as she began, her words serious as she explained why her Destruction name was so important.

She was the heir. Poem hiccuped in surprise as Shaye explained where her future might lie. Training, desire… very few requirements need be met before she could be in her mother’s position. Poem’s wide eyed expression didn’t change, but she hadn’t expected these words from her mother. Still, why would her choice of last name effect her ability to lead? They were just words… but Shaye made that obvious. She was descended from a very long line of woles. Her mother led a pack, neither grandmother ever claimed the title of alpha but her grandfather was a king. Her great grandmother Lyric led Ahlon after Novel stepped down to come to Boreas. And her namesake before Novel, her great great great grandmother led beside the first Destruction, Series.

The history meant little to Poem. She was too young to grasp the gravity, but she could tell how important this was to her mother. ”But… Tato…” She mumbled, torn between having her own way and making her mother happy. She looked from her mother’s features back to where her father and siblings lingered. She stared at them for a long time, unsure of herself and her decision as she looked back to Shaye for guidance.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

03-26-2019, 05:06 PM
Shaye reached down and nuzzled Poem gently on the cheek. The gesture soft and loving. Her daughter was too young to grasp the gravity of their history, of the long line of Destructions. She didn’t know how much Shaye ached for the past, why her sister held the namesake of Shaye’s mother. That to hear Poem wish to cast aside her name without a seconds thought hit home in a way that Shaye had to hide from her.

“Your father loves you Poem, and knows how beautiful and bright your future is. He has so many children to carry the name he choses. But you, you are my heir, my beautiful girl, and this name and all it holds is my gift to you.” she kept her voice gently, and banished away the anger she was still holding at what Rhyme had said to her two girls. How easily he asked them cast away their name, knowing himself the important of names, hurting over what his father had done over his name. And yet, without a second thought, he would have her beautiful girls leave behind the Destruction name, without so much as mentioning it to Shaye, let alone talking it over with her. But she couldn’t hold onto that anger. Right now, her attention was for Poem, and for her daughter, all she felt was love.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

03-26-2019, 08:40 PM
The Destruction name was old and dusty as far as Poem was concerned, not new and shiney like Rhyme’s proposed name. However, even with this feeling Shaye managed to coax her from the decision she had made so hastily. Her mother wasn’t forcing anything on her, she could still choose to take her father’s name. The alpha caressed her cheek lovingly, and steared her gently in the intended direction.

Shaye was good at hiding the true emotions beneath the surface, Poem didn’t see any of struggle. All she felt was the intense love that her mother held and offered to her as she spoke. Poem couldn’t understand how strongly Shaye felt about everything she said. The young she wolf smiled brightly as her mother called her beautiful and heightened her above her siblings.

”I love you, Momma. She told her enthusiastically as she nuzzled in to her mother’s features. ”I’ll keep my name!” She couldn’t find herself able to refuse a gift from her mother, especially on that meant so dear to her. Poem pulled back to look into her mother’s bright gaze, eager for more praise before they returned to her father and Noir’s sour look.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

03-26-2019, 10:35 PM
She laughed gently as her daughter said she loved her. "You are my bright song on a rainy day" she told the young wolf, stepping back to get a good look at her tiny, lovable features. She lasted only a moment before she was leaning in again, and brushing butterfly kisses across her cheek. Her seriously lost in the bright innocent smile of her daughter as she had looked up to her mother and said that she loved her.

She would go on to accept Shayes words, through she knee that her daughter was mostly just saying what her mother wanted to hear, she didnt iunderstand the inner workings if why it was so important to her. "Thank you, I know your just agreeing to a dusty old woman, but I thank you for it" she said gently, glancing also back to their small family as Poem did so. She saw Noir, looking at them with a sour expression across his face. "Try to break the heir news to Noir gently, eh?"
She teased, but in truth, she wouldnt mind seeing his expression when he heard it. She hoped he grew out of his bullying nature, but in the mean time she was rooting for her daughter.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

03-27-2019, 01:47 PM
Poem beamed as Shaye told her how much she meant to her mother. She loved being showered in her love and adoration. Unlike Noir Poem wouldn’t crave the attention, she enjoyed the affection freely given. She pushed eagerly against her mother’s affection and returned it with a few eager kisses to Shaye’s cheek. The Destruction alpha was quick to thank her daughter for her drawn out decision, and maybe one day Poem would grasp the entirety of the weight behind her name.

Shaye also told her to be nice when Noir was eventually made privy to the same information. Poem wasn’t about to just willy nilly tell him though, she was going to have to wait until the exact right moment. The next time he thought he had her, Poem was going to bring it down like a ton of bricks.

”If I have to, Momma.” She told her mother as she circled around at her paws and headed back in the direction of their little gathering.