size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
05-06-2019, 06:48 PM
Shaye made fast past to The Orchard, avoiding stepping too close to pack territory as she did so. She glanced towards the Range, through she couldn’t see far into the territory from her vantage point. She knew things were strained, terribly so, between Rhyme and Rhythm at the moment. Her Alpha companion had wanted to march straight to Legion and challenge for his mother. She had managed to convince him it would be like putting her back into slavery, but it had been a close thing.

She hadn’t see Rhythm in a while, and she missed the motherly figure in her life, so she could only imagine how painful it must be for Rhyme. But then, his mother was alive. she had to choke back that thought, it hurt too much to dwell on.

She raised her head and called for her Aunt, through she wasn’t certain if Rhythm would hear her, or is she would respond. Would she think meeting with anyone in Abaven would be a bad idea about now? It was entirely possible, but Shaye hoped she came anyway.

She greatly wished to speak to the woman, and she had spoken to her gentle little tree swallow, Feather, and they had decided something together. As an Alpha, Shaye was too active, constantly moving, and her little, gentle hearted companion could never keep up. She wanted somewhere warm to doze, gentle companionship, a peaceful place to retire. The thing was, she also had a feeling Rhythm would benefit from having a seeing-eye companion, as well as being an easier wolf to keep up with then Shaye. The gesture was more then just retirement for the bird, it gave Rhythm an easy way to reach out to Shaye, and, if either so desired, Rhyme as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-10-2019, 04:00 PM
To say Rhythm was affected by the loss of a relationship with her son would have been an understatement. The old woman's heart was filled with pain everyday that went by that the issue was not resolved. Though she had been distracted by Valentine’s most recent… litter. Though she still wasn’t sure about his explanation about that she had agreed to be a help. The old man could hardly be expected to raise the boisterous pups on his own, and she had rested her loyalties with him.

They were a welcome distraction from the strain she felt with her ties to Abaven. They made the ache in her heart lessen just a little bit. Her thoughts lngered on the pups as Shaye’s call could be heard coming from the direction of the orchard. She was calling for her aunt.

Rhythm debated for a long moment about appearing before her niece, unsure what the woman could need or want from her. Knowing Shaye she would be here to help rebuild what had been destroyed, and Rhythm longed for that to happen. However, she had little hope of Rhyme forgiving her for her choices.

The old Destruction’s chocolate paws carried her to the border, deciding ultimately that no matter what being in Shaye’s presence would be welcome. She was rather quick on her paws, and managed not to run into anything on her way to the alpha’s presence. Since she didn’t know how Shaye thought about everything she refrained from running to embrace her, instead she slowed and stopped a bit in front of her Niece.

”Shaye,” Her voice was cautious but hopeful as her sightless gaze fell on Shaye’s form.

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

05-10-2019, 06:29 PM
Her auntie appeared with only a short delay, and stopped a little distance away from the Alpha. Her aunt was treating her with a caution she had never before shown to her niece. Shaye, having none of that, would move forward. She would give the other woman only once chance to deny her, before Shaye was pulling her into an embrace. She held her frail bones with a tight, gentle love. She breathed in the scent of her, and was reminded of home in a way that hurt and pricked at her eyes.

She wasn't Motif, she could never be Motif, but there where times.. too many of them, when she had loved Rhythm more then her mother. She breathed in a shakey breath, that scent of family making her feel young. She steeled herself and stepped back, taking in Rhythms form with sore eyes. Did she look even older? She had passed another birthday, had she not. She felt the terrifying passing of time, the reminder that Rhythm might not be long for this world.

She lost her self control and fell back into Rhythms arms. And would stay there as she spoke. She tried to sound like an alpha, not a lost child. "Rhythm" she whispered to her Auntie. "H-how have you been?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-13-2019, 11:23 AM
Rhythm only stopped a moment before Shaye acted, the old woman stood still as her niece was quick to wrap her up in a loving embrace. Rhythm felt warmth spread through her limbs as she clung back to Shaye. Knowing the woman didn’t share Rhyme’s views on her decision, or at least not enough to refuse her presence, gave Rhythm heart. She sighed heavily into Shaye’s fur before the Abaven alpha backed away for a moment. Rhythm offered her a loving gaze before she was again wrapped up in Shaye’s arms.

She chuckled softly as Shaye attempted to regain the dignity one of her position needed to show, but all Rhythm saw was the pup that had been so hurt and confused at the decision her aunt had made about where she wished to live.

”I’m well, child.” She offered back, ”Sad though.” She added as Rhyme returned to her thoughts. ”Rhyme’s told you then?” She asked afterwards, pulling away just a little as she said it. Their conversation that day… her heart hurt just thinking about how she had hurt her son.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

05-13-2019, 03:48 PM
Rhythm called her child, and she was one of the few wolves in her lives that still could. Her Auntie had earned that right, and would never lose it. She was Rhythm’s child, in heart if not in blood. She clung to the older woman as she spoke of her sadness. She breathed in the frail scent of her, felt the age in her coat. Her Auntie had always been a gentle, vibrant presence in her life. Why did she have to go and get so old? Many wolves didn’t live past their tenth year, and Rhythm was now eleven, and many of those years had not been kind to her.

Shaye took a shuddered breath, and allowed Rhythm to pull away a little when she wished to. “He did, he.. Needed a little talking down that day.” she admitted, remembering how he had wished to storm Legion and fight for his mother. It was the gentle reminder that Rhythm had only just left one prison, that had kept him from doing do.

“He’s doing alright, and maybe he’ll understand one day” like she had. She only hoped he came to that realization before Rhythm.. Passed. Even the thought hurt, and she didn’t want to think what poor Rhyme would be like if he realised what he had let himself lose, only after she was gone.

What Shaye would give to see her mother, one last time.

She swiped away tears she hadn’t realised had been there, and cleared her throat. “I ah, actually came here because of Feather” she explained, as the little blue tree swallow fluttered down and landed gently on Rhythm’s forehead. “My life is a little too exciting for her, and I was wondering if you would want to watch over her?” she asked her Auntie.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-21-2019, 12:22 PM
Shaye did not hide her emotions very well from Rhythm’s perception as she honestly answered about Rhyme. She had been forced to talk him out of some rash decisions, and Rhythm was glad that Shaye had been there to do so. The old Destruction hadn’t anticipated the reaction that Rhyme gave her, otherwise she might have tried to warn her niece of it. She tried to let Rhythm know that he was doing alright, which would be enough for now. He had alpha duties and his brood of six month olds to try and raise.

Rhythm didn’t press any further, of course she wanted details of her grandchildren and how Rhyme was really doing, but Shaye swiftly moved on to the real reason she had come here. Her little bird, Feather, was in need of a new home.

The bird landed softly on her head, twittering quietly as Rhythm absorbed the request. A smile touched her lips after the sadness passed. ”Of course, Shaye. I think retirement will suit her well.”

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

05-29-2019, 12:29 AM

She didn’t linger long on the topic of Rhyme and all that had befallen the relationship between mother and son. She would assure Rhythm that Shaye did not feel the same, and that she would do her best to stick by Rhyme, and talk him around. Other then that, she wasn’t sure what else there was to say. Rhyme wasn’t going to forgive or forget easily, and it was a touchy subject for the moment.

Mentioning Feather did bring a heaviness to her heart. She would miss the little fluff ball, but she knew that this was right. Rhythm smiled as the little blue bird landed on her head, and Shaye smiled at the sight of it. “I know you two will keep each other company.” she said, before leaning forward and pressing her nose to Feather’s little chest. “You’ve been a loyal and beautiful companion, I wont forget all that we’ve been through, but I know you and Rhythm will get along well. I’ll miss you, but i’ll see you any chance you get. After all, your with one of my favourite wolves in the world.” she smiled and pulled away, trying not to cry as she did so. Just because it was the right decision, didn’t mean it came easily.

"Speech"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Rhythm didn’t want to linger on thoughts of her son, she knew she had hurt him and knew the rift would not be so easily repaired. She loved that Shaye still held her in high regard, and the fact did well to lift Rhythm’s spirits. She could easily hear the emotion in Shaye’s voice as she said goodbye to the little bird. The old woman knew it was the right decision though, if Feather was feeling anything like she was in her old age the slow down would be perfect. She and the blue feathered avian could use the same arthritis tinctures, and Rhythm knew a set of eyes would be welcomed in her remaining days.

”Head up, Shaye. I’ll take good care of her. You know this won't be the last you’ll see one another.” Rhythm didn’t have any plan on dying in the near future. She planned on hanging on as long as possible, despite how hard it might be. ”Now, let's speak of happier things. How are my grandpups?” A grin spread over her maw, losing a relationship with them had also caused her much worry.