Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf
05-25-2019, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2019, 11:16 AM by Seshet.)

Seshet mostly stayed at her lord's sides, basking in the glow of his brilliance and feeling more than a little blessed that not only had she been accepted by her lord but he seemed to embrace her presence. Still, she dared not try and stop his wanderings, his mind needed stimulation and she was but a lowly mortal. So he often left her side and she would awake some mornings to find him gone. Many of those days she spent waiting for him to return but some days she felt the itch to explore, to find and discover new things. She could not let her mind deteriorate if she did she'd lose the right to remain beside her lord.

So today the woman was exploring a nearby land, she had spotted the steam on the horizon a few times as she'd walked near the land but never answered her curious question about it. Until today. The pools of water had fascinated her at first, natural bowls to hold the water. Then she'd discovered the warmth of the pools. That had held her curiosity for some time, she'd searched around at first trying to determine a source. Then she'd slowly remembered the hulking mountain that loomed over this area of the continent. Maybe it was volcanic? It made sense to her that any potential underground lava could heat the pools.

Once her multitude of questions had been answered she had settled next to one of the pools, draping her long legs so that her toes just brushed the surface of the pool, swirling them idly as she basked in the summer sun. Slowly she closed her eyes, tipping her head back to allow the warmth of the sun wash over her face.

"Talk" & Think

Art by DappleFox
[Image: Sdxzho8.png]
Much of Seshet's art shows gold chains, she does not yet have them.

Bastet

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
05-25-2019, 12:26 PM
LOSS HAS NO END, IT BINDS OUR CONNECTION

Bastet continued her exploration of the east. So far she'd found no trace of her family and it frustrated her even though she knew better than to be surprised by it. Did she really expect to run into them right away? Even if it seemed like she was ceaselessly praying. And why did it matter now? She didn't need them before, she didn't need them now but no matter how her mind tried to wrap her heart in logic it just would not obey. Though, perhaps her motives weren't as pure as one might believe.

She rolled her shoulders forward, enjoying the stretch for a moment. She'd been traveling long and her muscles ached. Bastet yawned and glanced up at the noonday sun for just a moment. It was time for a catnap. She followed along a stream, looking for a good place to shelter when she came upon several pools, steam rising from a few. Oh, hot springs! Now that was just what she needed. As she moved closer she noticed a pale wolf with brilliant magenta striping. Oh what a pretty little thing. What was she doing out here?

Bastet moved like a cat, quiet and lithe as she stretched out on the other side of the pool, across from the girl. She dipper her front paws into the water, sighing at the sensation. "There are few better ways to spend ones afternoon, would you not agree?"

Speech

Seshet

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf
05-25-2019, 01:36 PM

Seshet, slowly opened her eyes, tilting her head back down to face the sandy stranger as she approached. Seshet let her gaze wander lazily over the woman, while she wasn't certain anyone could possibly compare to her lord she wouldn't deny the woman was pretty enough. "There isn't much else that I can think of that compares." She agreed, stretching her neck luxuriantly.

Seshet was hardly concerned about the other woman, though her curiosity was piqued she didn't bother to shift from her lazy position; either too relaxed or to cocky to be all that cautious. "Though sharing time with a beautiful woman springs to mind." Seshet teased, her tone suggestive as she once more ran her gaze over the stranger. There could be no harm in playful flirtations. She was devoted to her lord already, and she'd return to his side soon enough but she didn't hold him to being solely devoted to anyone... And she was curious to push those boundaries for herself.

"Talk" & Think

Art by DappleFox

Bastet

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
05-25-2019, 04:09 PM

Inch by inch Bastet let her feet soak, shifting her body so that all four paws were massaged by the warm water. Ahhh… that was so much better. Her brilliant emerald eyes fixed on the lovely little stranger. Well, not so little. She was comparable in size to Bastet if not larger. Bastet considered submerging her whole body but she opted to move slowly and let herself get used to the temperature of the water. It wouldn't do to burn herself in front of the stranger.

"Though sharing time with a beautiful woman springs to mind."

"Such flattering words, I was thinking much the same thing," she purred. "My name is Bastet. What is yours and what brings such a stunning creature as yourself to these heated shores?"

Speech

Seshet

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf
05-26-2019, 01:20 PM

Seshet watched the woman slowly begin to submerge herself in the pool, she half closed her eyes still feeling the warmth of the day tugging her into drowsiness. Still she wouldn't allow herself to be totally unguarded in front of a stranger. The woman responded and Seshet opened her eyes again, a pleased smirk pulling at the corners of her mouth.

"Seshet." She responded, slowly sliding her own front paws further into the water. "Simple curiosity," she watched Bastet and then fixed her with a teasing smile, "or perhaps divine providence." She shrugged and chuckled. "Though I don't claim to know that for sure." She was mortal after all, she believed meeting Thoth had been by his paws but that it wasn't likely her whole life was guided by the gods and their plans; she wasn't worth that much of their attention.

"Talk" & Think

Art by DappleFox

Bastet

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
05-27-2019, 09:52 AM

The water slipped up her legs and stroked her belly until she was chest deep in the water. It felt very good on her sore muscles after such a long journey. She'd have to keep this place in mind should she need to recover again in the future. Her gaze swept out across the pools of water, fixing for a moment on the falls in the distance. When the stranger spoke Bastet's gaze was quick to return to her. Her name was Seshet. Bast's ears flicked forward. "A lovely name, it sounds like it was given in the tongue of my homeland. I'm starting to wonder if divine providence is intervening at last. Tell me, do you travel alone or have you come across others bearing similar name sakes? You see I am searching for my family, the Ithuriels. Perhaps you've heard of them?" It was a shot in the dark but the more she gazed at the lovely woman the more she felt like this meeting was not by chance.

Seshet

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf
05-29-2019, 10:50 AM

The desert rose hadn't failed to recongize the name Bastet had given her, but she'd been particularly unmoved by it. Her family had hardly been the only one to name their children for the gods, though as far as she was aware they had been the only ones to do so with any actual intent behind their names, they were fads. So it hadn't really registered as altogether out of the ordinary.

That was until Bastet spoke futher, Seshet chuckled when the first part of the question reached her. She had met many whom carried similar names, her mind drifting back to Thoth. Then as a second familiar name was uttered a clear look of shock passed over her face.

Thoth had spoken of siblings of his, bearing a name that said they were children of the sun himself. Gods given mortal form; just as she'd always been told, and it was her duty to work for them when they finally arrived. She was a keeper of their legends, a scholar by name and destiny. Seshet rose gracefully to her full height for a moment, then smoothly she dipped her chest towards the ground, tucking her head and for a moment closing her eyes, a bow for the goddess standing before her. "سيدتي," Seshet spoke, her tone more formal now than before, "I have indeed meet one of your divine family." Seshet could not be certain the woman before her was necissarily a sibling of her lord, nor that she may even speak the native tongue of Seshet's home so she dropped back into the common tongue of the lands. "I have dedicated myself to the king of Wisdom, the one who fashions himself Thoth Ithuriel." Seshet lowered herself back onto her stomach, uncomfortable with how her positioning put her above Bastet.
"Talk" & Think

Art by DappleFox

Bastet

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
06-08-2019, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2019, 09:20 PM by Bastet.)

Bastet watched with a cool curiosity as Seshet rose to her feet and bowed gracefully. Bast's dark ears stood straight up as the woman spoke in her native tongue. It seemed that Seshet had met her family and not only that, she knew of and recognized their divinity. Now that was something! She smiled. "I am pleased to hear you say so Seshet. And it is good to hear the old tongue again. Some days I wonder if I've forgotten it."

She stated that she'd met Thoth and Bastet nodded quickly. She remember Thoth, though it seemed lifetimes ago. "This meeting was not by chance. The fates move in our favor." Bast quickly left the water, climbing out elegantly before shaking the water from her coat. "Can you take me him? I cannot tell you how I year for a familiar face."