Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
06-13-2019, 12:35 AM

Shaye Destruction

It was a few weeks since the fire that had taken the Thicket, and Shaye felt she could breathe once more. Abaven was a far cry from back to normal, but things where a little less dire. She could stretch, and think about other things for a moment. That was what brought her to the battlefield in the early morning of the day.

This early, the sun hadn’t had a chance to burn brightly, and its light was only cool. The dry earth felt cracked beneath her feet, and she worried that they might face more such fires before the season was out.

She cursed the dry season, as the Alpha came to a stop in an empty area, and took a look about her. She was fully garbed in her raven bracers, Winter on her shoulder. She rolled her shoulders, and stretched out her legs, anticipating the fight to come, before tilting back her head, and letting a cry roll from her lips, a summons of sorts for any who wished to spar with the Alpha.

"Speech"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-13-2019, 12:43 AM
she had not been here yet but the scent of blood and fur was unmistakable. Heloise had traversed other areas such as this before. this was a fighting ring and another was already calling out a challenge. heeding the words, she'd swing her body toward the origin and walk toward it slowly. if she was patient, she could watch a fight between the challenger and the challenging. though when she arrived, she was loathed to admit disappointment. there was a singular female and not anyone else.

compared to herself, this being was quite large. she was getting used to being a sort of 'runt' in this land. not only that, but a companion was with her. her first encounter with a familiar here. Heloise felt her steps walk toward the older woman, noting the way the wolf was confident in her challenge. "well met" the ivory beast would begin, dipping her head as a show of respect. "if no one else has met your challenge, I will take it" if she so wished, that is. the rejection was a part of life just as acceptance. lifting her head now, she went on; "if you accept, please start first."

she would gauge and react accordingly to the more experienced fighter.

[Image: sgvfyko2_o.gif]
heloise has a male gyrfalcon named kresnik with a fifty-inch wingspan
always assume he is in threads nearby and in battles with her
as her love acere praetor is allowed in any of her threads regardless of tag

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

06-13-2019, 01:06 AM

A small scarred wolf would answer her cry, and Shaye would note her as she moved into view, and how she seemed surprised to find Shaye here alone. The Alpha offered her a smile, and Winter gave a soft squawk on her back. “It would be my pleasure.” Shaye said easily, eyes scrutinising the scars that littered the girls body, without staring. She was contemplating what sort of lifestyle would have marked her so.

She let her body fall into the familiar rhythm of defense’s, paws spreading out in balance, tail lifted like a banner behind her. Her chin tucked to her neck, and she rolled her shoulders forward. She didn’t know the fighting level of the woman before her, so Shaye would take the approach that felt most appropriate - brute strength, to match her greater size.

She left forward, and swallowed the distance between them in a few easy strides. Winter lifted from her back and circled closely above them, cowing in a distracting manner. Shaye rose her right shoulder upwards as she finished her last push, and aimed to drive it into the left side of the other woman’s neck. She hoped to throw the other girl off balance, but whether or not she succeeded, she would twist her head towards her and attempt to scratch her teeth across the woman’s far left cheek. Careful to go nowhere near the woman's eye, it was only a friendly spar after all.

Shaye vs Heloise for spar
Round 1/2?
Size: extra large
Build: medium
Offensive Accessory: raven braces with spikes
Defensive Accessory: raven bracers
Companion 1: battle Raven
Fight Skill Level: expert

"Talk" "You" Think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-13-2019, 01:23 AM
the other woman would move with the grace of a seasoned fighter - it was as she expected. most older wolves had the experience to survive this long, their skills honed and tempered with wisdom. Heloise was inwardly excited to have her first bout with this woman. what wonderful things could she learn? only time would tell, for the woman wasted no time in advancing on her. she'd bash into the ivory lady without a second thought, raising her shoulder as she did so.

the denser bone within it knocked Heloise easily backward. her neck stung - and surely there would be a bruise there soon - from the impact. the young woman knew she could not hope to defeat her partner with her meager size difference. she would rely on her wits, for whatever that was worth. not even skipping a beat, the other would lunge forward, teeth attempting to graze her skull. Heloise was just grateful this was a friendly spar; her inexperience would have cost her an eye. using the closeness to her advantage, the young woman would now try to gain something.

she had let the other wolf get a few good blows in. a few flecks of bleeding started on the cheek she had been scratched at. it was time to repay the favor. trying to move fast, she wouldn't let the other put distance between them so soon. using her own jaws, she'd nip at the woman's front left leg. her aim was to do some small damage - nothing major and no brutal force was behind it. though her other goal was to hinder the movements of the larger wolf in some way.

Round 1/2
Size: medium
Build: light
Offensive Accessory: n/a
Defensive Accessory: n/a
Companion 1: n/a
Fight Skill Level: beginner

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

06-13-2019, 01:33 AM

Her blows caught the other woman too easily. She was accustomed to sparring with her large Alpha partner. She felt the jar as she connected, and in truth it almost knocked her off balance. She wasn’t the rock her heavier set, larger friend was. Her teeth grazed the woman's cheek, and Shaye almost regretted it as she tasted blood. She moved her head a small measure backwards, a drop of blood flicked between them.The smaller wolf would offer some retaliation here, as she ducked her head down to nip at Shaye’s left leg.

The Alpha let her have the attack, letting the smaller wolf dip her head, before attempting to push her chin down on the back of the woman’s head. As she did so, she felt her opponent draw blood as her nip made contact on her leg. Shaye would attempt to drive her weight down on the other wolf, at the same time as moving her right leg closer, aiming to shove her leg into Heloise’s front right leg, in the hopes that her forefront spiked raven bracers might draw blood.

Round 2/2
Size: extra large
Build: medium
Offensive Accessory: raven braces with spikes
Defensive Accessory: raven bracers
Companion 1: battle Raven
Fight Skill Level: expert

"Talk" "You" Think

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-13-2019, 12:11 PM
the weight was troublesome. the experience... well, she knew when she was outclassed. at this point, Heloise admitted defeat with dignity and grace. she would just try to hold on until the end when the other had their fill of the adrenaline and allowed her respite. the other woman wasted no time in using all her skills to her advantage. when Heloise dipped her head down to bite at her leg, she felt pressure at the back of her skull as the other pushed there.

though she had drawn some blood, it wasn't enough to deter the other. trying to use her weight against the ivory woman, she'd force it down on her. Heloise felt her back buckle as she tried to resist being pushed to the ground. it was no use. as she gained ground closer and closer, the other woman lifted her leg to try to press her battle accessory against her leg. it was all Heloise could do to twist at the last second, to roll onto her side and avoid the spiked bracer making contact. as she rolled, her teeth flashed out and tried to make contact with anything she could grab a hold of. hopefully, the other woman was close enough.

she knew she was beaten. this was a last-ditch effort. and a blind flail at that.

Round 2/2
Size: medium
Build: light
Offensive Accessory: n/a
Defensive Accessory: n/a
Companion 1: n/a
Fight Skill Level: beginner

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-18-2019, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2019, 05:25 PM by The Judge.)

And the winner is...

Shaye
Heloise must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Shaye: 234.51
Heloise: 187!

- Judged by Nyx

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-25-2019, 03:49 PM
it didn't work. all it did was leave her with a sense of vertigo. "I submit" Heloise panted, stumbling away from the woman. or at least trying to. the other had won. there was no shame in that, in learning how to fight more. her voice was clear despite the effort, attempting to be dignified even if her ego was wounded. still, her tail swayed behind her in an attempt to be a formal and graceful loser. there was an obvious difference to their power levels.

this woman had practiced and trained longer than she. her head bowed to the experienced fighter. "thank you for the bout. you fought well. might I know your name?" there was no need to be rude despite her loss. she was interested in knowing who had beaten her. her exhaustion showed, and she'd need to rest soon but still, she continued to stand. refusing to show more weakness to a stranger. "I am Heloise."