Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Church
06-17-2019, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2019, 09:02 PM by Rain.)
 Set immediately after Crooked teeth

He grinned gleefully at the lioness’s enthusiasm and found himself ducking his head bashfully at being complemented so ecstatically.

“Fauldr taught me some of it, for my first year of life I traveled with my father and we encountered several wolves with different methods of healing.” He explained, unable to help the lit of excitement from his own voice. “My name is Rain, who are you if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve never seen a cat as big as you before.” He said with an easier grin, his form now completely relaxed.

“If you don’t mind I’d be happy to treat some of your burns, or any aches you might be feeling as well.”

speaking Thinking   You

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
06-17-2019, 09:05 PM

Cannival

She hesitated slightly at the offer, as she had when Epitaph offered to treat her. Cannival felt very badly to be taking from Abaven's healing stores, especially when the fire left them all so vulnerable and injured. This wolf however, was not from Abaven. Surely it couldn't hurt to let him assist, and possibly learn something in the meantime. "My burns don't bother me as much as my leg does." She admitted quietly, lifting her left paw off the ground and holding it there in his direction. "I leapt off a tree to save my friend from the fires. Possibly I didn't take enough care, because it hurts to walk on it now. A quite painful sharp, shooting pain." She knew from prior teachings that it was important to put a label on how it felt, to better diagnose what was wrong internally. "I'd gladly take whatever help you could offer. You seem very skilled." Trusting eyes fell upon the male, wondering what he could possibly do to help.

"You."
"Think."
"Speech"

Rain

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Church
06-17-2019, 09:19 PM
“I’ll have a look.” He said with pointed seriousness then sat back on his hind legs while he examined her paw. It looked swollen at first glance and he quickly called his companion over to take a look at the injured leg. The baboon muttered something into Rain’s ear while the wolf nodded solemnly.

“Not broken thankfully, just sprained.” He explained his voice quiet as if he were talking to himself rather than her. “Some liniment should help, I can mix some now if you don’t mind waiting a moment.” He said with great finality, turning her gigantic paw over in his paws, marveling at the sharp claws and large pads.

Almost against his own wishes he let her paw drop and shrugged off the pack he had been carrying on his back to rifle through it.

"Are you from here by any chance? You smell of pack" He comented idly as he dug through his supplies

speaking Thinking   You

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
06-17-2019, 09:31 PM

Cannival

Cannival nodded solemnly as he concluded his inspection, as if she'd considered what he had said and agreed. In reality, she would have went along with any diagnosis he might have announced- for the sake of appearing slightly less clueless. "I see." She murmured at his desired course of action, following his movements with her eyes as he moved to his satchel. "Are you from here by any chance? You smell of pack" Cannival hesitated at the question, unsure of how much she was allowed to divulge of Abaven. He seemed to be a good enough wolf, however. He'd surely given Cannival no reason not to trust him. "Yes, Abaven has offered me a home and sanctuary." She gave her response cautiously, though there was a trace of bitterness in her soft voice. "I don't think... I am one of them. I live there, but I have no rank or anything. To be honest it's been so hectic with the fire and everything else... I'm not sure where I stand. I do know that Shaye has taken me off probation and given me free-roam, however." The alpha had used the word family when she'd asked Cannival if she would stay, though it still felt... wrong, in some ways. Did she want to be a part of a family where she was ashamed to be a lion? "Long story short, I guess, yeah. I'm living with the Abaven wolves." She tried to change the subject then, nodding towards the supplies through which he dug. "What will you be making the ointment out of, may I ask? I like to learn. So many herbs are still unknown to me."
"You."
"Think."
"Speech"

Rain

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Church
06-17-2019, 09:55 PM

“This balm will be made from camphor, clove oil and mint oil.” He explained while the monkey withdrew several small bottles along with a small block of fat. Working quickly the monkey poured a few drops of each oil onto the fat and began to mix it with his hands, the smell of the herbs strong and slightly alkaline as it was worked into a liniment. “You’ll want to put this on twice a day.” He explained “I’ll have it put in a small jar for you to use, just don’t try to use it on burns, it will be very painful.” He added.

The monkey carefully stepped over to the lioness and spread the acrid smelling balm over her paw, making sure to spread it under her fur and bring it as close to her skin as he could. “I’ve heard cats are quite partial to mint. Is that true for you?” He asked curiously.

speaking Thinking   You

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
06-17-2019, 10:12 PM

Cannival

Cannival did not recognize a single thing that Rain used for the ointment, but that didn't worry her. Hopefully if she were ever to notice these plants again, she'd be able to remember them and their uses. She was doing her best not to inhale the mixture's scent, as she'd rarely come across herbs that smelled pleasant to her. The lioness wasn't quite sure how an ointment would fix a sprain, but he knew much better then she did. He warned her to keep it away from her burns, however, and Cannival gave an affirmative nod to show she understood, golden eyes boring quietly and curiously on the wolf as he rubbed it into her skin.  

As he worked, the male spoke once more. Cannival's ears perked at his question and she sniffed the air cautiously. “I’ve heard cats are quite partial to mint. Is that true for you?” The mixture smelt unfamiliar, but there was something intriguing mingled within. "How so?" She cocked her head to the side as she sniffed. "It smells a bit like.. food, I guess. But also not like food at all." Her eyes squinted in confusion, and she exhaled hard through her nose to clear her head of the smell. "I don't think it grew where I lived, I can't say I've seen it before to be partial to it." For some reason, she wanted to lick the mixture off her arm to sate her curiosity.

"You."
"Think."
"Speech"

Rain

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Church
06-19-2019, 04:52 PM
“You should feel a cooling sensation that might tighten your muscles, but it will be followed by a warmer sensation that will relax the muscles.” He explained. "You should also take a few herbs to prevent future injury." He paused momentarily, the gears in his mind slowly turning as he remembered the foxglove. He couldn’t say with any certainty that his plan would work, for all he knew the bell shaped flowers would cure some kind of digestion problem she may have been suffering from.

“A lion for the empire.” His mind whispered, the thought far too tantalizing not to act on.

“This herb should do the trick.” He said, gesturing with his paw to the sprout of foxglove. “It’s called Petalcup. I’m sure you can see why.” He said with the same enthusiasm he had shown her earlier as he lied through his teeth.

“It promotes circulation which should help the sprain heal faster. If you have any problems you can find me in the south, in Auster, you’ll be looking for a pack that lives in a castle, ask for Rain.”

speaking Thinking you  

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
06-19-2019, 06:07 PM

Cannival

Cooling sensations, warming sensations, Cannival didn't care what she felt as long as the pain in her leg went away. "Thank you, sincerely." The male gestured then to a last bundle of herbs, and the lioness leaned forward to sniff it- maybe it'd smell as good as the mint he had offered her prior. Unfortunately, the acrid scent from the ointment still lingered strongly in her nose. If this Petalcup had a smell, she couldn't distinguish it.

She looked at Rain as he explained where to find him, and nodded simply before wrenching her neck forward to take the plant into her mouth. It tasted awful, but that didn't worry Cannival; she had not heard of a medicine tasting good. She grimaced as she finished swallowing and opened her maw, panting air through her mouth in a sad attempt to cleanse her tongue of the taste. She smacked her lips a few times, then shook herself out as a chill came over her. Once more, she met Rain's gaze. "I appreciate your help, and how much of your stores you've used on me. I'll remember where to find you, but I'm sure I'll be fine." She paused, wondering if this is where they'd head their separate ways. Cannival still had so many questions, and it was so very nice to talk to an experienced healer. "My name is Cannival. I hope to see you again, maybe next time I'll have my own herbs to use." A gentle laugh pulled from her lips, and she turned away. "Have a safe journey home."

-exit?-

"You."
"Think."
"Speech"