Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterValentines 2020Treat 2019Promptober 2019
07-28-2019, 03:27 PM
dark mists are cloaking what the eyes can see

Éldi continued on his way seeking to catch more fireflies with the help of his companion Kaler. The cat had eaten a good number of the ones they'd caught previously and now the pair were seeking to make up lost ground. Finding a good swarm they sprang into action, seeking to knock as many as possible into their little jar. This was keeping him limber he had to admit. Maybe after they could polish of the fish and take a good nap before the festival started winding down. His ears flicked forward as he thought he caught the signs of movement of something larger than fireflies. He half wondered if there were bears out this way… but no, surely not here.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
07-28-2019, 03:54 PM
The Titan had never heard of anything quite as foolish as this. Wolves catching fireflies? He didn’t see how he could snatch one from the air without crunching it beneath his fangs. Storing it in the silly contraption he had been given was equally as odd. The only good thing from this, was the light they occasionally gave off that glowed through the glass… when they weren’t scared silly of the wolves around them.

He had watched this for a time, and now he was ready to act. It was Zee’s fault, she had egged him on when he told her he would never drop so low as to attempt this. Foolish slave girl, but he was prove that he could best these tiny bugs.

He had Marshall with him after all, and the large Vulture settled easily on his back. This was his trump card, the bird would have a much better chance at keeping up with and snagging the pesky creatures.

The Titan approached the glowing part of the festival, and with a word the bird on his back took to the air, and he would see Marshall zero in on a bug, even as he turned his attention to the wolf that appeared before him. He gave his head a polite, very slight tip, in greeting to the man.

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

07-28-2019, 04:12 PM

Pleased with how he was doing so far with the help of Kaler, Éldi continued to hunt the small creatures. A collection on a nearby rock caught his attention and he dove to scoop the group into the jar. Kaler close behind. The rustle of grass caught his attention and Éldi turned to see a large man with huge fangs. The man dipped his head in greeting and the viking nodded back. "Nice evening. I don't mean to pry but your fangs caught my attention. I group up with three youths with similar fangs. You wouldn't happen to know a man named Aesir would you?" It was unlikely but Éldi couldn't help but ask.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
07-28-2019, 04:34 PM
Seer was fascinated to watch the man's attempts at catching fireflies. He was yet to put much thought into the activity himself, but now that he was attempting it, he was determined to succeed. Seeing the way this wolf had caught fireflies on the backs of rocks, Seer cast his eyes about him to find any such similar catches.

Marshall was still swooping in the sky above him, seeking out the pesky little insects with his quick beak. He turned his gaze back to the stranger as he spoke. He knew of others with fangs? He was intrigued, for it was such a rare trait among his own people, and he knew little about his own heritage. “I do not know this name” he admitted “I’m Sirius, do you know much about their origins?” he asked, genuinely curious. The chances of him being related to these wolves was astronomical, and then, even if he was, what did it matter? But he couldn’t stop himself from wondering.

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

07-28-2019, 04:48 PM

Éldi stalked around the rock and found another clump which he quickly attempted to sweep into his jar. Kaler ricocheted off a nearby tree truck as he attempted to swat one out of the air. All in all he was about at the point where he was ready to stop. They didn't do to badly he felt and the festivities were starting to tire him out. The man who introduced himself as Sirius was not familiar with Aesir's name and he nodded lightly. "That's alright, it was a shot in the dark. They are from my homeland, far up in the north. Aesir was born with two brothers. They each had horns. Come to think of it I'm not sure if they all had such long fangs or not." He chuckled and shook his head. "Too many nights without proper sleep. Are you from the east here?"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-28-2019, 09:16 PM
Sirius took a startled step back at the sudden appearance of a bobcat as it rocketed free a nearby tree and swiped some fireflies on his way down. The Titan blinked, but otherwise kept his expression neutral. He took a moment to swipe some of his own fireflies that where crawling up a tree branch, before that bobcat had a chance to pinch them. He was only just realising what his competition looked like, and he cast a glance upwards to ensure that Marshall was still wheeling in the sky, and swiping them from the air as best as he could.

”Horns?” Sirius asked, his attention returning to the conversation. That was a new one, and he wondered how well that would match to his fangs. He would be interested in testing his mettle with another wolf that had mutations similar or different to his own. “I’ve come from the Ashen Empire, it lay a ways from here” he said, without going into details on its new rise in these lands.

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

07-29-2019, 08:47 PM

Éldi was glad Kaler was asleep so he didn't have to endure the cats commentary. Carefully he lowered his head, pinning his ears tightly to his crown before he dove his head down once more. He came up in time to hear the fanged man mention the horns. He grinned and nodded enthusiastically. "Oh yes, there used to be a rumor that they were cursed in the womb by a witch. However, as I wander these worlds and see more fascinating creatures such as yourselves I don't think it is the case. Do you come from any such place steeped in superstition?" His ears flicked to the side as he spied Askr landing nearby Kaler. Oh dear… was the raven going to start pestering the bobcat? As long as they didn't drag him into it!

He nodded at the mention of the Ashen Empire. "Ah, I have not heard of the Ashen Empire before, is it new or do I just not get out enough?"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-30-2019, 03:29 PM
He barely refrained from an eye roll at the mention of a curse in the womb. No, he did not believe in superstition. He believed in what he could see, and touch. “I do not, I believe it is something in my heritage passed down from my parents, or their parents… but not a curse” he explained to the man. Of course, this talk that there could be an option for developing a mutation at the end of the festival was… a very strange one.

The Titan’s eyes glanced to the cat and the raven, and thought them a rather unlikely pairing. Still, if it worked, it must give this earthy wolf advantages in both air and ground. He paused to scoop up some more fireflies, and to give Marshall a chance to deposit hihs catch in the jar.

“I would like to meet these horned wolves one day” he admitted, the chances that they were related to him where nill, but his curiosity was still there.
“No, the origins of the Ashen Empire are far from here, but perhaps you will start to hear of its rebirth soon.” Sirius admitted, a slight grin pulling back over his fangs.

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

07-30-2019, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2019, 05:23 PM by Éldi.)

The fanged man didn't believe in curses either and felt it was his heritage that led to his particular gifts. Éldi had always believed such mutations to be gifts having frequently sparred a woman with retractable claws and men with horns and extended teeth. He always felt like the real under dog of the match being such a plain creature in comparison but that was fine with him. He'd always had to fight and struggle and it gifted him strength and perseverance.

"Perhaps you will. They were here in Boreas for a time but alas I think they have headed back to the motherland." Éldi caught the sly grin and returned it. "Sounds good to me. Perhaps in my many wanderings I will stumble upon your borders some day. My name id Éldi by the way."  As he passed a pool a flash of scales caught his attention. Ok, he still wasn't giving up. He was going to throw this one right at Kaler's fuzzy little head. Taking a break from fireflies he twisted toward the pool, head diving down as he tried to catch just one more fish.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-30-2019, 05:22 PM

“A shame” Sirius commented as the man admitted that these wolves may have headed back towards the motherland. Still. Boreas seemed to promise many unique and interesting things. Perhaps he would still get his chance to see such a sight, and maybe he would even learn a little more about his heritage through it. He doubted he would find a relative, but if there was any information on how such a trait passed on through a wolf's young, he might still discover something.

Giving his jar a shake, as he judged it almost full, the man would go for another scoop of fireflies, hoping he didn’t lose any in the process. He glanced up in time to catch Eldi’s return grin, and felt a grudging respect for the man. “If you do, give me a call.” he said, offering the man an almost friendship as he gave Seer his name. Eldi already knew the Titan’s, so he didn’t repeat it.

"Speech"