size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
08-19-2019, 05:33 PM
The two Alphas had come to some very hard decisions, and now they had to fulfil their plans to enact them. With Vail’s death, Motif missing, Shaye felt like everything was crumbling away from her into ruin. It was hard to keep a straight face, but she forced herself to as she sought her little pupil. The eager to learn, sweet Theory, who always had a smile and something kind to say. She knew she was making the right decision in her. She just wished Poem and Motif could be here as well.

She called for Theory, thinking over her words carefully as she waited for the younger wolf to arrive. She knew Thoery wanted to help Abaven, and work towards its greater good. She had been training to be a diplomat, which was a great cornerstone towards becoming Heir. she wouldn’t be entering this training blind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-19-2019, 06:00 PM
There was plenty on her mind since the festival, but Theory answered Shaye's call as eagerly as always. Meeting her relatives(?) had been a strange, eye-opening experience. She hoped that maybe one day, she could somehow mend the rift that had torn between them. Theo didn't fully understand what had caused the separation in the first place, but like any over-confident kid, she was sure that she could fix it.

"Hi, Shaye," Theory murmured, swishing her tail in a relaxed greeting. There were troubling things on the horizon: Motif was still missing, but Theo was a chronic optimist. Her sister had to be okay, there were no other options. Noir, Verse, and even Poem had been making themselves scarce. Although she was concerned, she tried not to let the worry project on her face. Shaye had enough to worry about. Did she call her here for... bad news?

""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

08-19-2019, 06:09 PM
Theory was quick to arrive, as she always was when the Alpha called. The larger wolf offered the pup a smile. In truth, there wasn’t a great deal of distance in their heights any longer. Soon, Theory would be an adult, and Shaye wondered if she would rival her for height.

“Hi Theory” she said, returning the greeting, and leaning forward to brush her nose into the girls furr across her forehead. Theory had become a daughter to her, over the course of their training, and her easy acceptance of Shaye in her life. “I have some news to share with you, will you take a seat?” she offered, seating herself, and looking across at Theory. Would she be overjoyed or frightened at the idea of taking on so much responsibility? “Poem isn’t ready to continue her Alpha Training at the moment, she wants to concentrate on finding Motif, but the pack still needs an Heir, someone trained and ready to take on the position.” she didn’t mention her own plans to retire, she would talk them over with the girl later, once she was a year, if she took on the position.

“I want to offer you the chance to train as Heir to Abaven. There is a very real possibility that you will become its Alpha, and Poem may join you in the role later in life. If this a responsibility you would be interested in taking on?”

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

08-19-2019, 06:31 PM
A cold shiver raced down her spine. Whatever she had been expecting, this surpassed it by leagues. She wanted to find Motif too! But if Poem was already stepping down, someone had to step... up? Theo folded her ears nervously and her face away from Shaye for a moment. Thousands of thoughts raced through her mind, but the future of Abaven was at the forefront. She hadn't met the new puppies yet, but their smell was everywhere.

With Vail's recent passing and Eulogy's timid nature, the innocent needed to be protected. Motif's disappearance was important, but if Poem was looking for her, then Theory was assured of her safety. It was only a matter of time until their sister was returned. "I... would like to accept," she began, turning back to look at Shaye. Not for the first time, it struck her that she was almost as big as the Alpha. "I mean, I will accept," Theory corrected herself. "I'm sorry. It's a lot to take in."

""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

08-19-2019, 06:43 PM
Theory looked away, and Shaye patiently gave her some space and time. It was a lot to take in, she knew the full scope of responsibility, Shaye had impressed upon her the importance of looking after the smaller, or less able in the pack. A lesson Theory had taken to well. Whatever compassion Noir had missed at birth, Theory seemed to have gained in the bucket loads.

She reached over and kissed the girls cheek, offering her a soft smile. “I know, you can take some time to adjust” Shaye promised her. But she could see the determination in the girl, and didn’t think it would take long for the fire of the idea to grow. Yes of all the youth in Abaven right now, Shaye well knew her reasonings for picking this girl. Her heart ached for Poem, but she pushed aside the feeling. “But know that I believe in you, and I’m ready to begin your training once you’ve adjusted to the idea’ she promised her.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

08-19-2019, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2019, 06:59 PM by Theory.)
She already knew her answer: it burned brightly in her heart. The new life in Abaven, and all those weak or underserved, must be protected. If Poem was determined to look after their family, then Theory had to look after the pack. It was the only solution. With a soft sigh, Theo leaned into Shaye's kiss. "You'll still... help me, right? I can't do this on my own. Not yet," she pleaded. Theory had never felt more unprepared in her young life.

Nearby, Alouette watched curiously. Her young companion was clearly distressed, and although Theory used her frequently as a confidante, she wasn't privy to Shaye's current conversation. It would be something that they would discuss later, she was sure. The raven picked over the cold dirt at her feet, looking for any tasty vittles left behind.

"But of course, my answer is yes. A million times yes. I love Abaven," she said, a bit choked up. This pack would always be home. Her mother and brother were buried here. She had lived almost her entire life within in its borders; she knew nothing else, needed nothing else.

""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

08-19-2019, 07:11 PM
Theory leaned into her, and Shaye pulled the young girl closer. She felt her age a lot these days, especially around one still so young and innocent like Theory. Despite all the sadness in her heart, she managed a soft laugh when Theory spoke next. “Yes, I’ll be training you, and i’ll be here every step of the way” she promised Theory. She had told the girl there was a very real possibility that she would be Alpha. But she wasn’t about to throw her into the deep end and see if she could swim.

“I’m glad, I love this pack too, and I want nothing more then to pass it down to someone who understands what Abaven means, and wants to grow its values.” she said, her heart easing more than a little at seeing Theory’s joy, “Alright, well, since that's settled, we need to go over a training plan” she said, treating Theory like the adult she almost was, and had already forced to be. “You’ve already started learning about diplomacy and where the packs lay in the land, I'll also need to teach you a small bit of each skill, hunting, healing, fighting, ect. You’ll need to learn to pass every job around not take it on yourself, but understanding what needs to go into it will help you deligate” she explained

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

08-19-2019, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2019, 07:50 PM by Theory.)
Theory nodded shyly, still too overwhelmed to speak. Being alpha of Abaven was something she had secretly dreamed about for so long, but hadn't ever breathed of to her siblings or parents. The best she thought that she could obtain was ruling alongside Poem, and now Shaye offered her the heir position outright. It was a frightening responsibility. How would she break the news to Poem? To her other siblings? Perhaps Shaye had already told Poem, but she wasn't sure.

"Who else knows about this... change?" She asked, a hint of nervousness in her voice. Theo knew why Noir was being punished. Did this put her at risk too? Would they need to announce this to the whole pack? Suddenly, she felt a bit queasy. Compared to those questions, Shaye's reminder that she would need to learn a little bit of everything seemed like a cakewalk. "I've already assisted in a pack hunt," she said shyly. Hunting with Brandr, Benedict, and the strange female had been a lot of fun. "I helped drive off some coyotes." Theo was unable to keep some pride from creeping into her voice.

""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

08-19-2019, 07:55 PM
She knew the news was still hitting Theory, but she was more than happy to give the girl all the time she needed. She waited a moment as the younger wolf started to look a little nervous, and then explained what she was feeling. “Poem and Rhyme both know” she explained to Theory, she wasn’t making this decision alone, the previous heir and alpha partner where equally privy to the knowledge. “After securing your agreement, we will call to the pack and let the rest of them know, as well.” she explained.

“There’s… more” she said, taking a soft breath, and pulling Theory close. “Rhyme will be stepping down from Alpha position to concentrate on hunting for Motif.” she explained. “You have been busy” she said, letting pride instead of concern leak into her voice at Theory’s words. She couldn’t switch from treating her like an adult, to a kid, as she pleased. Even if it did worry her to hear about theory chasing off a pack of coyotes.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

08-19-2019, 08:11 PM
She nodded seriously, took a deep breath, and said: "I accept." It made her feel better that Poem knew. Although this was like a dream come true, she didn't want to betray her sister by going behind her back. The news that Rhyme was stepping down caught her off guard, though, and she frowned. "I... understand, but will he still be able to help me?" It felt selfish to even ask, but Theory couldn't help herself. Motif needed to be found, but... she would be found, wouldn't she?

"Nevermind," she added quickly, "It's more important for Motif to be found - but she will come home." Theory stressed. There weren't any other options for her. There was plenty of help to be had from other members of Abaven. They had a habit of taking care of their own.

""