gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
11-04-2019, 12:01 PM

His time with Aryn having been spent he sought out another of his children, cautiously aware of Lachlan's need to explore and wanting to keep him safe on the island until they could return to pack lands. He'd be a year soon and as such he'd be free to explore beyond the protection Torin could offer. He silently prayed the boy would choose to stay within the pack, and idly wondered if he ought to include a rank for him. Something they could talk about whtn the time comes.

For now he'd simply seek out the boy. He was worried about all of them really, he knew the erruption had been scary and wanted to assure his children they were more than safe, especially as the volcano had started to clam some.

"Silent Treatment" & Deep thoughts

Image by Hagon
[Image: jBaYOuX.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Lachlan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
11-07-2019, 09:18 AM
Lachlan kept to himself mostly, with his sister being sick he’d been even less likely to utter a word. He was quiet but that didn’t mean he had disengaged. He listened when he was talked to, and he tried to encourage his sister to get better, but really he just enjoyed his alone time. He wasn’t sure how many times he had been over their island. The near yearling knew every rock, grain of sad, and blade of grass. He was ready to go back to the mainland. There was so much more to see and discover. He didn’t disobey though, with everything going on the considerate boy didn’t wish to give his father anymore trouble. So he continued again, pale paws carrying him around the sandy beach and its perimeter.

The pup had bounced back from the eruption quickly, more curious than scared about the after effects. Deep down he wanted to go explore, to see the volcano and its wrath up close. Of course he knew if he even mentioned that pipe dream his father would likely have a heart attack. The thought made his lips pull back into an amused grin. Maybe someday when he was granted his freedom, he knew his dad wouldn’t keep him here forever. Bright blue eyes caught sight of Torin’s form on the beach and with no hesitation Lachlan made his way towards his father’s huge form. As time went on it was being assumed that Lachlan would not find much more in the way of height.

Silently, as was usual, Lachlan made his way to Torin’s side, with just the hint of a smile he matched his dad’s gait and walked along the beach with him.

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
11-15-2019, 07:49 PM

The sand was cool on Torin's pads, shifting beneath his toes as he wandered the beach. He spotted his son on the horizon and it seemed that Lachlan had in turn noticed him. The boy approached and fell into step with him and Torin leaned over to nose at his son's head. Only one of his children seemed to be reaching close to his own height, the rest were trending shorter than himself and despite himself he couldn't help being a bit happy about that, they'd always stay his little children. Even as they neared a full year old.

Torin didn't feel the need to say anything for a moment, he was more than happy to feel comfortable in silence with his son. Especially with his daughters being more rambuctous than he'd expected. Finally though he broke the silence, wondering what it was his son had gotten up to since they'd evacutated. "Found any exciting places on the island?" He'd leave it up to Lachlan to decide what contituded exciting, but with his son's proclivity for exploration he'd not be surprised if he'd already seen every inch of the island already.

Image by Hagon
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Lachlan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

11-18-2019, 08:27 PM
The ivory and rust boy smiled as his dad offered a bit of affection, and it felt good to walk beside him in silence. Lachlan appreciated that he wasn’t pushed too hard to do what he didn’t want to do. Torin understood he didn’t like to talk a whole lot and the silence was comfortable between them. The pair continued along the beach, Lachlan a far cry from his father’s full height. His build was similar, if not miniaturized. Eventually though Torin began a little small talk.

”A small cave with some green gems, and waterfall I think my sister would like.” He managed not to cry like a toddler about how worried he was for his sibling. ”Nothing else exciting There were a few places of interest, but they weren’t worth mentioning. ”Do you know when we’ll leave, Dad?” He asked hopefully, completely sick of the small island.

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
12-01-2019, 10:48 PM

Torin loved that while he had a few high energy children, or more accuratley that his daughters all seemed to be high energy, that he had some children he could enjoy peace and quite with. His sons seemed to take after their parents more than their sisters, where his daughters got their boundless enthusiasm from he'd never know and certainly he loved them for it but as a naturally quieter, more secluded wolf Torin found it comforting how easy it was to get along with his sons.

Lachlan explained about the various places he'd found and Torin couldn't help wondering where these places were. But quickly his son began to wonder about being allowed to return to the mainland and Torin sighed. Not because he was particulary annoyed by the query but because he wasn't certain he could give his son a proper answer. "Soon I hope." He admited. "Things are starting to calm down on the mainland but I'd rather not risk bringing the pack back to an uninhabitable land just yet." The truth was he was mostly afraid for his kids, they would be yearlings soon and he'd not be able to keep them from making their own choices but he didn't want to risk them being exposed to danger any more than he they had to be.

Image by Hagon

Lachlan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

12-04-2019, 08:35 AM
Lachlan could tell that his father was more at ease in his presence. His sisters were always a bit much, but he and Paddy were quieter. However much trouble Lachlan liked to get into when he wandered too far. He was older now though, and he hadn’t been chastized in a long time. Of course he wasn’t a big rule breaker and after boundaries were established he stayed within them.

Torin didn’t press about the placed Lachlan had explored, but had he been asked the boy may have elaborated, however both wolves were quickly focused on the return home. Lachlan was more than ready to get his ivory paws back on the mainland. However Torin was very much unsure about the when of things.

”I hope so too.” He offered back quietly with the hint of a hopeful smile. Lachlan sighed as his paws carried him easily next to his father. ”What’s it going to be like, in the future?” He asked curiously, though he wasn’t one to seek out answers so brazenly. ”You’re the alpha, and lily is your heir.. but what about the rest of us?” Did he have a plan for his other children? Lachlan didn’t have the first clue about what he wished to do as an adult. He wondered if Torin had the ability to show him the right direction.

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
12-09-2019, 05:29 PM

He wanted to offer his children some hope, give them the ability to return home under his care and attention but he wasn't certain he could offer them much yet. Maybe it was time to consult the rest of the pack on the matter. But Lachlan was quickly steering the conversation in a new direction, one Torin himself had been rehuminating on for a while.

"Well first, Lili isn't guaranteed to keep her position, if you or anyone else want it you're more than welcome to challenge her or approach me. I think there is potential in all of you for great leadership but I also won't force it on anyone." He said giving his son a pointed look, not that he suspected Lachlan was particularly gunning for heir, the boy seemed less ambitious than he'd been at his age and Lili was a force to be reckoned within her own right, even if she was going to need a lot more guidance than initially expected. "As for the rest of you, you'll be turning a year old soon which means you'll be moved to our training rank. There I hope we'll be able to provide you with opportunities to learn where you might want to go. And if in the end, you feel there isn't anything here for you, well I can't stop you from trying somewhere else." Though he'd miss every single one of his children who chose that. He considered for a moment. "Was there anything you're particularly interest in?" Maybe some kind of scout or diplomat role for his son? Something that would allow him to wander, to visit other packs and explore while still staying in Lirim.

Image by Hagon

Lachlan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

12-10-2019, 10:41 AM
His father explained without hesitation as they continued to walk over the sands of the beach. Lilli wasn’t necessarily going to be the next leader of Lirim, in fact he or any of his siblings could take up the position. Not that Lachlan had any real desire to take it from his sister. The last thing Lachlan was, was a leader. He did his own thing, but Torin saw potential within him despite the boys lack of desire. Lachlan wondered if his father really thought that he could be Lirim’s heir, it was an odd thought but he didn’t much feel like entertaining it.

Torin mentioned the plan he currently had for his children, to be placed in ranks to begin his training. There were many options, and Torin wouldn’t prevent him from trying to find his place beyond Lirim’s borders. Lachlan loved to explore, but he wasn’t sure what he’d do without his family.

”I like to explore.” He told his dad after he asked what he was interested in. He liked seeing new places and new plants. ”I don’t think I want to lead anyone.” Lachlan asserted quietly afterwards.