gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Treat 2019
12-02-2019, 06:12 AM
When he returned to Winterfell with Avalon Felicien felt a lightness in his heart that had not ever been there before. He had a mate… someone he truly loved and intended to spend the remainder of his days with. That was the biggest blessing he could have asked for.

That afternoon, as the light began to fade over the pines as the sun started to set, Felicien emerged from the den he shared with Avalon. He took a deep breath of the Northern air -- warm enough now that spring was here. He could feel the grass at his paws where the sun had taken care of the snow. When summer came it’d be far warmer here than most other lands and heck, even nice.

The old mercenary stretched and felt various bones pop as he did so. Maybe he’d live to see summer… or even the rest of the year if the world allowed it. Regardless he felt content… Even with all of his regrets nothing could touch what he felt now.

After an afternoon nap the blind male had decided that, against the odds, he was going to make an attempt to hunt for his beloved. Wolves had survived blind before… maybe it wasn’t too late for this “dog” to learn some new tricks.

He managed to get on the scent of a hare… now it was just a matter of finding the damned thing and trying to catch it…

---

About an hour later found Feli near the edge of the pines, winded, as he had just lost the second damned rabbit he found. How did he realize it? By nearly breaking his damn ankle in the little beast’s hidey hole.

He flopped down beside it grumpily. The sun’s light was barely touching the sky and a fading orange light was giving way to hues of purple overhead.

...maybe he really was getting too old...
  • Félicien's current avatar is by Northworn on DeviantArt.

Winter

Loner

Expert Fighter (130)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveChristmas 2019Trick 2019
12-02-2019, 07:03 AM

She was out and about exploring the pines, the girl using her time to find things to distract her so she didn't have to think so much about her mothers disappearance. She breathed in a heavy sigh as she traipsed across the ground, her larger feline-like paws making her movements clumsy instead of the graceful stride felines usually had. She was slowly getting used to her misshapen paws and the horns on her head were growing. At this stage, they looked like the horns of a young goat. A kid, her dad said. It was a weird name for a baby goat but she was learning to live with the oddity. She had seen another boy around with horns, too. Only she was told they were antlers like a deer and that hers weren't going to grow in looking like his. The young girl stopped and scraped her paws against the dirt, leaving behind deep furrows as she continued to scratch the earth.

Not long after, she heard the rush of footsteps and glanced up to see an old man chasing rabbits, and quietly she would watch him through the trees as he eventually flopped down, unsuccessful at catching food. Frowning, she wondered if he didn't know how to hunt. But that was impossible, right? He looked pretty old...didn't all adults know how to hunt? While she was young, her dad had taught her how to hunt small game and how to use her unusual claws to hook them once she got close enough...glancing around, she decided she would help the old man and catch him some dinner. It took a bit of time, but she eventually managed to snag a rabbit from its hole and she proudly carried it in her jaws. Sauntering over to the old male, she dropped it in front of him and sat back, tail wagging as she tilted her head to the side. Would he be happy she tried to help? Or mad she hunted for him because she had seen him fail? She was unaware that he couldn't see, so she said nothing and simply waited for his reaction.

"Speech"

Félicien

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Treat 2019
12-02-2019, 07:25 AM
A heavy sigh passed Feli’s lips as he lay there. He wasn’t sure how much time had passed… but eventually he heard pawsteps. They were lighter, all things considered, and he breathed in the scent quickly. A young wolf… and… a rabbit? He frowned deeply, brow knitting together as he lifted his grayed muzzle and turned sightless gaze towards her as she set the prey down. Had she… seen him fail to hunt? Embarrassment churned in his gut at that… and a bit of shame. He hadn’t ever thought a day would come when he relied on others so heavily… especially to help provide for himself and Avalon. He shifted a little, waiting to see if maybe she’d speak first. She hadn’t and, providing his nose worked as it should she had to be quite young… not even half a year old yet. He gave a soft sigh and dipped his head.

“Merci beaucoup, jeune fille…” His words, while they expressed gratitude, carried a hint of disappointment he found himself unable to mask as well. He offered a bit of a sad smile. “What’s your name, mon petit ami? Who are your parents?” He didn’t really… know anyone in Winterfell yet but… he had time to learn their names, right? He was still breathing at the moment so he may as well. He didn’t rise from where he lay, even if his head was lifted at least to show he was trying to be attentive.

Winter

Loner

Expert Fighter (130)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

12-17-2019, 06:01 PM
She didn't have to wait very long before the old man turned to look at her, “Merci beaucoup, jeune fille…” Her head cocked nearly all the way to one side, ears perked with interest. Was that...the common tongue? If so, she had never heard that phrase before and had absolutely no idea what it meant. What she did understand was when he asked her name and who her parents were. "My name is Winter, my daddy is Acere the alpha and my mom well...her name is Heloise but...I dunno where she is anymore. She left us a few weeks ago," She cleared her throat and shifted her paws uncomfortably. The girl also trying to hide the sadness that slowly started to form on her face but she turned away and took a deep breath before turning back to him. "What's your name? I never seen you around before," She shifted until she was sitting upright again, "Also...what did you say? I didn't understand that, was it common tongue?"

Félicien

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Treat 2019
12-18-2019, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 02:20 AM by Félicien.)
The little girl spoke, introducing herself as Winter. She was the daughter of Acere, the king that Avalon had sought to follow and the man who gave him refuge. She mentioned her mother too, her tone and shifting on her paws enough to tell the old wolf that her mother’s disappearance bothered her. He hummed softly before he spoke.

“I met your dad once, a while before I joined this pack. There was a tournament held at the end of winter one year, before my sight completely left me.” Felicien spoke calmly, his french accent an undertone. “He was one of the wolves I was paired to spar against. I was impressed by his strength.” Feli confessed. “The only man I ever willing came to stand under as a pack member either if that tells you anything.” He smiled ever so slightly, still set in his ways to guard his emotions more. A touch easier, he supposed, since his eyes no longer reflected what he felt. No, the milky film brought on by age helped shield them from revealing anything.

“Must mean there are great things coming for you too, Winter.”

He shifted a little.

“I am afraid I have never met your mother… but I know that we can live good, long lives. You may very well cross paths with her again someday. It may not be this year, or even the next, but one never knows who they will see again or what path they will walk throughout life.” Feli shook his head. “I speak from personal experience, mon petit ami.”

Then she turned the tables and began to shift the attention on him.

“Felicien Desrosiers,” He spoke with a touch of pride. “I am a newer addition to Winterfell. I came here to stay with Avalon when the volcano erupted. I’m glad that I’m here. Packs always seemed “odd” when I was younger. To put it simply.” No need to trouble her with all the complex nonsense.

“Ahh…” He smiled a bit more noticeably now.

“Non, Winter, it is not. It is a language called French. It is the language my mother spoke primarily and, as a result, I learned it myself. I slip into it sometimes as a force of habit… or maybe to remember her. Merci beaucoup, jeune fille… In common tongue it means thank you very much, young one.”

{{Ooc:: Lets ignore the technical incorrect translation there cause I’m not sure why I have it translating to “Thank you very much, young girl”. x’D Shhh.}}

Winter

Loner

Expert Fighter (130)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

12-19-2019, 11:48 PM
She listened quietly and with interest as Felicien told her how he came to meet her daddy. Lavender gaze grew wide when he said they met at a tournament and got the chance to fight him. And after that, he was the only wolf that Felicien felt was worth following. "Woooow! You fought my daddy!? You must be a real good fighter too! My daddy is the best fighter I know and someday I wanna be just like him!" Her tail wagged at the thought of fighting. While she knew she was young, she did want to start training so she could be the best fighter ever!

"Must mean there are great things coming for you too, Winter.” She smiled at that, puffing her chest out with pride. "Thank you Sir," She had to admit, she really liked him. He was old and gray but those were the best kind of wolves right? It meant they had been through it all!

Then he shifted to the topic of her mother and she grew sad again. She felt her heart clench as she listened. But she understood what he meant. She did hope that someday, she would see her mother again. He of course also said more unfamiliar words but she wasn't as focused on that as everything else he said so far. She missed her mother terribly, but waiting for her to come back wouldn't do any good, would it? She had to keep going. Had to keep moving. Had to be strong for her dad and siblings if they couldn't be or weren't feeling it themselves.

He then introduced himself, and explained a bit about why he was here and stuff. "Avalon? I kinda know her. Daddy says she's the oldest wolf in all the land!" She didn't understand how someone could live so long, but she was glad they did. It meant her daddy would be around for a long time, too. "You're real lucky Mister. She's such a pretty old lady,"

When he explained about the words he used, her eyes grew wide with wonder. "Wooow! French? The words sound so pretty! Think you could teach me some words when you have time Mr. Felicien?" He would be a great teacher! She hoped he would teach her, because then she could go and talk to other people with those pretty words!