size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
12-14-2019, 05:44 PM
The Destruction man was taking his rank in all seriousness, he was a crafter and he was determined to show off his skill to his new alpha. To prove his worth in physical objects was his goal and he was only just setting himself up where he could begin really crafting. His den and forge were in completely different places, Song found a perfect place to make a den. His forge was placed near the old metal ship.

He did learn how to make a good fire from his previous alpha Ignatius. He was going to have to put a whole lot more work into his crafting area before he could work any kind of metal. For now he focused on leather working and making his weapons from antler and bone.

Song’s supplies weren’t very stocked either, but now that he had a goal and a place to set himself up. He hadn’t been as focused in Fyri, but now that he was closer to his calling he felt eager to build himself up. At the moment he was organizing his raw items in his chosen hole. He was at the bottom of the ship where metal met ground and he’d found a gasp in the hull. Beyond didn’t seem to connect with the rest of the ship. This was its own private area that he could do with what he wished.

His huge form stood half inside and half outside his chosen space his ivory tail swayed softly at his hips as he put everything in its place.

Polaris I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
CloudyNight

Valentines 2020Treat 2019
12-18-2019, 12:42 AM
She’d snuck off again, this time returning before she was caught but she didn’t come alone. Well, okay, as far as living things went…she was alone. In her mouth, however, were a few very sharp marble rocks. She’d searched and searched and had finally found a few that were flat instead of round, parts of them were jagged and had actually caused a few cuts on her tongue and gums, but nothing too major. The biggest problem she had was that she had no idea what she was going to do with them. All she knew was that she wanted to bring them home and figure it out.

Of course, she was avoiding the den area, in hopes that she wouldn’t run into her father before she was able to stash her find. She’d neared the hull and froze for a moment, ears coming forward as she stared at the wolf half in and half out of the ship. After a few moments, she moved forward, offering a muffled woof to the wolf to announce her presence. She needed to hide her prizes before Acere found her…maybe he could help? She dropped the marble carefully on the ground, the pale stone stained red from blood. Licking her lips and flinching, she tilted her head slightly. “Can I keep these here?” She asked, her voice hushed, as if she didn’t want anyone but him to hear.
[Image: Polaris_pixel.png]

Song ii

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
12-18-2019, 09:55 AM
Song moved supplies from a haphazard pile to their preferred place on the dilapidated shelving of his chosen hole. He didn’t notice the young wolf coming up behind him until he heard the muffled voice of the girl. The massive Destruction pulled his ears back curiously and shifted to poke his golden marked features towards the child. Bright blue eyes took in the child of Acere, for there was no mistaking her as such.

He perked his ears curiously as she asked about keeping some of her items with him. The Blacksmith tilted his head curiously as he eyed the marble pieces. She was being a bit sneaky about them, but they didn’t seem like they would harm anyone if he was the only one to know about their location. ”I think I could find a place,” he offered with similar secrecy.

He ducked his head and made a few exaggerated motions looking around the smithy. He didn’t have a lot of experience with kids, but he didn’t dislike them either. Maybe the girl had a penchant for crafting? At least he might be able to foster one if she liked to collect things. ”What are they?” He noticed the blood as he took a few steps closer to inspect them. ”There’s blood, are you okay?” He looked back up to her dual toned eyes, seeing the tiny bit of blood on her lips.

Polaris I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
CloudyNight

12-18-2019, 02:18 PM
The heavy set wolf turned to face her, striking flares of gold adorning his face with ice blue eyes focused directly on her. Orcas mismatched gaze shifted ever so slightly, instead of boldly looking in his eyes she diverted to just below. An instinctive show of submission, showing she didn't want trouble. 

When he spoke, his tone just as secretive as her own, she would grin - wincing slightly at the pain in her mouth. His head ducked down and looked about, as if trying to find a place for the marble stones. She did the same, looking from her viewpoint for an easy place to access but also out of sight. " How about here?" she asked, walking over to a space off to the side and out of the way of his current organized area. She didn't want to take ove his...whatever it was. Orca was about to ask about his storage space when he spoke, moving closer to the marble stones. The girl looked at him strangely, brows raising as her head cocked to the side. " They're rocks..." Orca trotted back over to them, which was when he looked at her mouth and asked if she was alright. " They were sharper than I thought." She offered, stretching her mouth wide so they he could see the small cuts on her tongue and if he looked close enough, perhaps some on her gums as well.

Song ii

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
12-18-2019, 04:59 PM
Song managed to get a little grin out of the child, she seemed more than pleased with his actions. He could play games if that’s what she wanted. Her treasures were only rocks so it wasn’t like she was hiding some great secret. She looked for a nice spot andfound a decent place for them to rest. ”That would work.” It was by the entrance and low enough to the ground he wasn’t likely to run into them very often.

”Rocks yes, but do you know what kind they are? Do you have a purpose for them?” He asked curiously as she explained why her mouth was a bit bloody. ”Maybe we should get you a bag if you’ll be collecting in the future.” Song could figure out a way to make a nice sling for her to use.

Polaris I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
CloudyNight

12-20-2019, 01:39 AM
Orca would grin when he agreed it was a good spot for her rocks. She didn't readily pick them up, however, instead she opted to plopping down on her rump and regarding the massive wolf as he asked her what kind of rocks they were and their purpose. She hadn't given it much thought, she only knew they could be useful...she hadn't thought of their actual purpose. "Umm...I don't know...maybe as traps....or..." She trailed off, unsure of herself now. 

When he mentioned a bag to carry things in the pup would perk up. "Really? Can you show me how?!" She asked excitedly. Maybe he could show her how to make a bag that would fit her for now and then she could make more as she needed them? "What do you think they could be used for?" She asked, looking down at the rocks once again. She really wanted them to be useful...but maybe they weren't.

Song ii

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
12-23-2019, 11:37 AM
Song certainly did not assume a trap for the use of her chosen rocks. Maybe a puppy trap? leave some mildly sharp rocks outside someone's den? Seemed a bit malicious to him but, ”What kind of trap do you think they’d work for?” He asked curiously, trying to keep her thinking.

She was very excited for a possible lesson, and her eagerness caused the heavy wolf to smile. At least she seemed like a rather bright student. ”Of course I’ll show you. First, do you want fur on, or just leather?” He asked as he tried to show her his selection of furs, it wasn’t huge but there was enough she could pick from. ”They are kind of pretty rocks. Maybe you could make some jewelry, or facet them onto some armor.” He suggested, unsure of the full scope of how they might be used. ”I’m Song, by the way. If I’m going to be teaching you we’d better know each other’s names.” He chuckled softly.

Polaris I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
CloudyNight

12-24-2019, 12:27 AM
He continued to question her, but he didn't seem disappointed in her answers. His question on the type of trap made her look down at the rocks, peering closer at them as she tried to think. "Could put them in a rabbit hole...then chase rabbits into it?" It didn't occur to her that the rabbits would probably steer clear of the den after a wolf was around it. Wouldn't they just dart for the closest hole they could find? She wasn't sure what kind of trap they could be used for..she didn't really know the different types of traps either though. 

When Song agreed to teach her she grinned widely at him, excited to learn. She followed and looked closely at the small selection of furs and then grabbed one, it was a lovely mix of gray and white fur and soft on her mouth. "This one?" She asked, voice muffled by the fur in her mouth before she plopped it down between them. She made a face at the mention of jewelry, she didn't care much for pretty things that had no use. Why waste the time, energy and resources? Maybe one day she would like it but for now it was just like boys- gross. The mention of armor, however, had her nodding eagerly. "Can you show me?" She asked, she couldn't exactly picture herself wearing armor...but then again she had never thought of it. "What kind of armors are there?" The excitement she felt dripped from her voice as she barely managed to stay somewhat still, nearly dancing in place. Song was his name and she nodded in acknowledgement before giving him her own name. "I'm Orca."

Song ii

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
12-24-2019, 11:40 AM
She was sweet, and her answer wasn’t the one he was thinking. Thankfully. He nodded approvingly, if she could convince the rabbits into the hole after she’d dropped the rocks in. Maybe if they scattered a few throughout a warren she would have more luck, but he’d expand upon that when they got there. The topic was dropped as she went to his collection and picked out the one she desired.

”That will do.” He offered her as he looked at the chosen piece. It was roughly the correct shape, just a little bit of effort and it could be easily slung over her shoulder. He gently took the fur and folded it in half, creating a pocket between the leather. ”It’s rather easy. We fold the leather in half long ways, then we have to fasten the ends to make the pocket.” His attention was turned to his supplies. He has a couple of long thin strips. After the put a few holes in the leather they could tie it together easily.

”There are lots of different kinds of armor. The most common, and easiest to craft, is just simple leather pieces placed on the most vulnerable parts.” He offered as his attention was turned to the ends of the bag as he put holes in with his teeth. ”The holes are for this leather cordage. We need to fasten the ends so your goodies don’t fall out.”

Polaris I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
CloudyNight

12-25-2019, 01:57 AM
He didn't comment on her trap idea, instead he chose to continue with the lesson. Taking the fur and folding it in half, she listened and watched intently as he described what they were going to do. He added thinner strips to the pile and she nodded with understanding, it would be just enough to slip over her neck and shoulder to carry. Of course, as she grew she would need to replace the straps...but hopefully not for awhile. 

He spoke of armor, of using leather to cover vulnerable areas and she looked at him curiously, watching as he went from that subject back to poking holes in the fur. "But...you bit through it easy..how would that protect me?" She asked, confused. "Can I try?" She gestured to the straps before grabbing one and trying on her own to put it through the hole he had produced. Orca realized quite quickly that it was not as simple or easy as she thought it would be. She tried with her teeth, then tried with her paws but found herself fumbling awkwardly for a few minutes before huffing and looking back to Song.

Song ii

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
12-25-2019, 01:05 PM
She watched as he worked, her bright dual toned gaze trained on every motion. Her words were curious still, and questioned his method of armor. Song chuckled as he wove the thinner cordage through the holes so carefully placed. ”Anything is better than nothing.” He made sure she knew. ”There are a few solutions though, the first: make sure to use thick hide. The bigger the animal the more thick its skin will be. Bison and bovines are particularly well suited. Additionally, there are methods to harden leather. Placing it in heated water is one of the most common. Also using dried pelts instead of tanned.” He spoke at length, not sure how much she would understand. He said all of this as she made an attempt at his method of bag making. Eventually she gave up and returned the bag to him. ”It takes practice.” He tried to encourage the young pup. ”You’ll get it.” He smiled at her, sure that Acere’s kid would succeed in most anything if she tried hard enough.

Polaris I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
CloudyNight

01-15-2020, 05:14 PM
Orca listened intently as he explained how anything was better than nothing. She nodded slightly, brow furrowed as she thought about it. Eventually she let the thought fade as he continued by telling her certain animals were better than others and certain ways of curing it were better than others for armor. Her head cocked to the side, she knew from finding carcasses that the hide was stiff after it'd been in the sun too long. Sure it was hard but sh imagined it was hard to mold and wear. "It's harder to move though?" She asked, uncertain. Maybe she was missing something? Perhaps she completely misunderstood.

He encouraged her to keep trying, and so she did. She took the cordage and after a long struggle and many frustrated growls...and admittedly, pulling some of the fur off and away from the hole she finally made it through. "I did it!" She exclaimed, puffing out her chest proudly as she looked up at her new teacher.

Song ii

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
01-21-2020, 10:19 PM
She was still uncertain about what he was explaining. Maybe she was a little right, but there were ways around a stiff set of armor. Orca was a bright little thing, and Song was glad to hear her asking so many questions. ”Some armor yes,” he offered her a nod as he gave her an imaginary point for being right. ”If you put a lot of smaller pieces together you can greatly reduce the effects.” Song told her as she began to try at the leather bag once more. He watched patiently as she worked at it, and after she pushed through and didn’t give up when she got frustrated the young she wolf managed to complete her task. Her pride was obvious and he beamed a similar emotion. ”You did!” He congratulated her with a tousle to her head. ”Good job, Orca.”

Polaris I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
CloudyNight

01-24-2020, 09:47 PM
The girl was a sponge, absorbing the knowledge that Song spoke, she nodded eagerly, even when she was confused. It seemed some armor was stiff, but not all armor…or at least…there were ways around it. She couldn’t wait to try it out! “Can you show me?” She asked, hoping that she had found a sufficient teacher besides her dad. Who wanted to listen to only their father anyway?

His praise would cause the pup to beam even wider than before, her excitement and pride clearly shown on her countenance. “Thank you Song! I gotta go show dad!” She grinned, scooping her pouch awkwardly over her head so it bounced on her neck. For a moment, she merely looked at it, feeling the way it lay against her neck and chest. Then she’d look back to Song and giggle. “Thanks Song! I’ll come back for my rocks and another lesson!” She then bounced off to go find her father, her head held high and her chest puffed out proudly.