Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Lyra
12-21-2019, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2019, 12:21 AM by Osiris I.)
image code

Fresh grass tickled the male's paw pads, seeming to wander to wherever his companion may have scampered off to. After all, she had decided to venture towards her homelands, and knowing a little where the location was; Osiris thought it would be a perfect opportunity to make sure everything was alright with her. The volcano was still a concerning issue as far as the male was concerned, but his heart seemed to clench when the thought of Priscilla possibly getting hurt flooded his mind. After all, she was his only friend in this land. Though the brute had knocked into a few lovely individuals and some...not so trustworthy, he at least wanted to make sure the lass was safe and sound before wandering off again.

The smells of the landscape erupted through his nose, his ear's flicking for any indication of prey or wolves. Though some soot and other undesirable fumes wafted into the air, at least it wasn't that close from where he resided. Heck, the young wolf even wondered if his brother had witnessed the destruction like he did. He had to be around here somewhere...right? Osiris shook his crown slightly in frustration before moving forward once again. He had heard briefly about Priscilla having some family in Lirim, so perhaps he could go this direction and maybe knock into her without wandering into pack territory. His tail swayed freely behind him as he trotted forth, despite the grim situation looming over the land, he still considered the day to be rather lovely. For nature was still the same no matter how one looked at it: for it had it's destructive moments, but could be downright beautiful.

""

Priscilla

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Belle

Trick 2019
12-21-2019, 02:57 AM
She had lingered on the island a little while, at least long enough to speak with her uncle Torin about her plans before she slipped off again. She didn’t plan to be gone long, a quick visit to the mainland around Lirim to see if she could scent Osiris or Cottontail. She was certain if either of them came looking for her they would check the lands the pack had inhabited before the eruption. She had told Osiris about them what to look for… and worry gnawed at her while she wondered if they were alright. She had less hope for her companion… but surely her friend had made it through? Not that the thought of losing either of them was easy to bear…

She scolded herself for thinking like that as she trailed past some of the willows. It was colder than she liked, despite the spring, and the bleak skies looming because of the volcanic activity were dreary. She shivered, glancing around her home. It hardly seemed better, even after the rain that had been there when she and her uncle had been there before. Some more ash had settled and though it wasn’t as bad as before she still saw her home struggling to stir back to life. Her ears fell back against her skull and she sighed, knowing as she neared the borders that things would get even rougher and heading towards the lands closest to the volcano would be disastrous.

Thankfully she had barely set a paw outside of Lirim’s lands when she noticed someone moving in her direction. For a moment Priscilla stood frozen as she stared at the individual making his way towards her. Maybe he was more focused on the earth below his paws, or something else entirely, but ‘cilla felt he hadn’t noticed her yet. Her heart began to race and in an energetic bound she began racing towards him as she cried his name.

“Osiris!! A mix of relief and joy at seeing her friend filled her.

Thank goodness he was alive and, from what she could see, unhurt.

The larger woman didn’t even slow as she neared him and she knew as she closed the distance that she didn’t need to. She brought her legs up under her body and kicked off with the intent to pounce on the smaller male and nose him happily should she be successful.

Osiris I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Lyra
12-21-2019, 11:20 PM
Luckily the male didn't have to wander too far. The scent of other wolves happened to grab the young male's attention, his eyes wandering slightly to make sure that there was no one present. However before he could, he heard the familiar sound of a female call his name...in a rather excitable tone.

Before the man could even bat an eye, his cranium shifted to see his friend bounding towards him in breakneck speed. One thing he noticed however, was how small he was in comparison to her; and with Priscilla running at him so fast...He prayed to Siri that he lived to see her as he accepted his face. Her entire body collided with his own, causing all the air to be knocked out from his lungs. Osiris wasn't even sure if any time had passed, but it surely felt like an eternity when the man manged to bring any form of oxygen back to his lungs. But, the gentle nuzzling that followed from his friend made it all the more worthwhile; at least she was alright and safe as relief washed over him.

"It's...nice to see you too, 'Cilla," Osiris coughed, getting up after the tackle he'd received from the woman, shaking his body out to try and pull himself together. His dual-colored orbs focused on her as a warm smile spread across his maw, his tail swaying slightly to convey his happiness. "I'm happy to see that you're safe! It's been a while," he explained, titling his crown slightly with interest, "Is everything alright with your pack?"

Priscilla

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Belle

Trick 2019
12-26-2019, 05:18 AM
Priscilla didn’t think, didn’t pause for one moment to consider just how much taller and bulkier she was than the male. When they collided, Osiris went down far too easily, though, had he tried to move it may have saved him some bruises later. ‘Cilla had been unable to help herself though. Happiness welled up inside her as she nuzzled his cheek and neck, relief in finding him unscathed after they were separated. The eruption had been terrifying, animals fleeing away from the volcano’s influence. It was as herd animals had come crashing through the territory they had been in that the two had faced being parted. They could hardly wait and try to find each other with the danger from smoke, ash, and other creatures that could trample them looming… thank goodness though he was alright.

She continued to stand over him, nuzzling and nosing gently, until she was satisfied he truly was unharmed. She knew Osiris was a healer, could tend hurts… but could he tend to his own if something happened? She shifted back, giving him room to stand as she breathed out the breath she hadn’t realized she’d been holding for so long.

“I was worried.” She confessed, ears lowered some. “I didn’t want to think badly but… there was so much chaos the night the volcano erupted. I couldn’t see you or Cottontail when all those herd animals started charging by…” She gave a soft whine. “The thought of never seeing you again… if you had been hurt or worse… It…” She faltered and shook her head. It took a second but she reigned in the fears and doubts.

“No, those thoughts don’t matter because they didn’t happen. We’re both safe.” She let out a small breath.

Osiris asked of her pack and though she wished she had better news to tell him it wasn’t the worst that could have been presented. “Not quite… but it could have been worse.” She glanced towards the lands behind her. “I’m sure that our lands didn’t suffer as much as those closer to the volcano but ash still coats the ground. I’m not sure it’s safe for us to come home just yet.” She frowned deeply. “My uncle has temporarily moved the pack to an island but I fear the resources are not enough to sustain us. We have his pups, one of which has narcolepsy, that are not quite a year yet… and elders too. We can’t risk staying there and letting those resources drain completely or we’ll lose them.” She looked back to Osiris as her tail began to wag a bit behind her.

“I thought I’d check out this way too for a temporary home. I’ve already found one place and though it’s not the most ideal it may not be the worst option for a season. Hopefully by then we can come home to our true lands.” Her gaze softened.

“Hey Osiris? Promise me something, will you?” She paused for a moment. “Make sure you always come back, okay? And I’ll do the same…” She couldn’t help but feel her face heat at the words. “I care about you a lot… I can’t lose you.” They had been side by side for quite some time, traveling, learning together… they slept side by side when it was cold and saw so much. It was hard to think she had been without him at all… and it made Priscilla realize just how much her heart ached at his absence. She had to know that somehow, no matter the distance, they would always find each other again.

Osiris I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Lyra
12-26-2019, 02:41 PM
Osiris listened intently to the larger woman, his ears flicking slightly to signify he was listening to her every word. Though her pack had fallen on tough times, at least they had one another and the volcano had seemed to calm down a tad, which was definitely a good thing. After all, the young male was definitely worried about Priscilla and what had become of her during their times apart. He would hopefully be able to help her and her family any way he could, even with the pups and elders being at stake as well due to this sudden catastrophe. However, her next string of words did catch the dark-hued male off guard.

She wanted him to always come back? Well, they were here together right now weren’t they? The chances of being a part again were slim… but, after all, anything could happen especially if he were to join her pack at all. A gentle smile spread across his maw as the grey male walked over and nuzzled the tan-colored fae in a calm fashion.

“You don’t have to worry too much now, Priscilla. After all, you are my traveling companion. At least we found each other again, and that’s all that matters in the end. But, I promise, if I join your pack I’ll do anything I can to help them,” he reassured, his tail swaying slowly. “Besides, we won’t be apart then,” he assured, eyes lingering upon hers for a solid minute, feeling heat start to radiate from his cheek. “I care a lot about you too, ‘Cilla. I ask that you try and be safe too if we ever are separated like this again. I pray that will not be the case, at least for a long while but, thank you for being with me for so long and keeping me company.” He explained, smile widening across his face.

I...also want to say, ‘Cilla,” Osiris hesitated for a moment. What if he ended up making a fool of himself? After all, she could easily beat him in a fight if he ended up saying something rather idiotic instead of heartwarming. Though he doubted Priscilla would ever want to attack him, for she was definitely a kind soul and he admired her for that. A gentle giant is what rang in his head, though he would never call her that via voice. “I...I want to say that you’re my treasure,” he explained, turning his cranium slightly due to shyness. Hopefully he didn’t appear to be some kind of dunce saying that, for it was true. Osiris knew she was a huge part of his life now, and all the adventures the brute wanted to take...he wanted the she-wolf to stay right by his side too to experience it all with him.