gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-28-2019, 08:33 PM

Chrysanthos focused on his breathing as he soaked up the warmth of the red rocks that stretched out beyond his makeshift den. The warming weather was agreeing with him. He still hadn't given much thought to his situation, only that he was glad to be getting better and in some ways he was glad to have a place to call home, at least for the time being. He knew he'd have to work off his debt to the empress but that was a small price to pay for his life. Bolla crawled out of the den to offer him some comfrey tea which he drank readily. She turned back towards the den to clean up and organize his pack while he laid his head back down on his forelegs to rest.

Pestilence

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1BeeventBronze Medal 2020Critical Fail!
1KValentines 2020VolcanoTreat 2019
12-29-2019, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2019, 02:43 PM by Pestilence.)

Pestilence seemed unable to shake off this dreaded mood no matter how hard she tried. The young pup stomped along Redwater Rocks with her head hung low, and she couldn't even find the energy to poke her head into the craters in the rocks to look for mice or other small prey to practice on. Her training spot had been ruined by her sister and Gadreel finding out about it, Ashen still couldn't move back home, Sirius and Aunt Zee were so far away, and this new woman - Sirius's sister - was not a massive warlord like her brother and Pestilence could not be more disappointed in her foiled plans to learn strength from a powerful warrior woman. 

As she walked, a new scent reached her nose. Or was it new at all? She pup couldn't put her finger on it, though one thing was certain she didn't think this smell belonged to an Ashen member. She followed the trail boldly, until she reached a den not far off. As she came closer the scent became mingled with familiarity, and she couldn't help but poke her head inside to investigate. "Hello?" She called out into the low-light, her eyes struggling to adjust.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Chrysanthos

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

12-29-2019, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2019, 03:47 PM by Chrysanthos.)

Chrysanthos lightly dozed, stretched out on the red rocks while Bolla rustled around in the den, pulling items out of his pack and making the den a little homier. His coat blended in perfectly with the rocks, he appeared to be nothing more than an interesting stone himself. Bolla thought it might be good to get a little project together for Chrysanthos to work on. She pulled out a number of bones and sinew that they'd been saving to make a portable sundial. Perhaps now would be a good time to work on that. She'd just gotten everything together when a wolf head popped in the den and spoke. She screeched in surprise and dropped the items she'd been holding.

Outside the den Chrys stirred at his companion's startled yell. Golden eyes opened as he spied a familiar black and white form. Wait a minute… was this the girl he'd seen at the viking festival some time? The one he'd told about dog violet and elderberry? "Princess, is that you?"

Pestilence

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1BeeventBronze Medal 2020Critical Fail!
1KValentines 2020VolcanoTreat 2019
12-29-2019, 03:59 PM

Pestilence's ears perked excitedly at his reply, her body vibrating with happiness. "Poop guy!" She greeted in turn, dashing into his den without invitation. With the shortage of interesting adults in Ashen, Pestilence was glad to see this useful font of knowledge. "What are you doing in Ashen? I hope you're allowed to be here, because I really don't want my mom to sick Sirius on you." She looked saddened for a moment at the thought of her friend's potential and tragic murder-to-be, but then dismissed it and brightened once more. "Have you come to teach me more ways to prank my siblings? I need it now more then ever, they're driving me up the wall and there is not enough poop-plants in the world to deal with it."  She sat upon the rocky floor, her tail thumping happily behind her. 

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Chrysanthos

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

12-30-2019, 10:16 PM
Chrysanthos smiled through a wince as the girl referred to him as 'poop guy'. Well, she had been pretty young when they'd met so he supposed he should've realized that's what he'd be remembered for. Ah, well, it was still good knowledge to share even if the girl had wanted it for less than virtuous purposes. She seemed to be growing strong and healthy and he was grateful for that.

"Actually, my name is Chrysanthos, but you can call me Chrys. I hope you've been well since we last met."

She asked about his presence and he felt it best to explain honestly. "I got sick. The Empress took me in and is helping me heal. I'm now indebted to this pack and I hope to work for the Empress as a healer until the time my debt is repaid."

Pestilence continued, asking if he had any neat ways to prank her siblings. Ah dear, he'd been afraid of that. Chrys had been quite a serious child so he didn't know to much about pranks. "Well, I suppose as a new Ashen healer it would be my duty to instruct the newer generation. What would you like to know? Maybe something for healing battle wounds?" He hoped maybe she would turn her thoughts to more productive pursuits.