size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Athena I

Beevent
03-12-2020, 11:55 PM

White tipped paws came to a stop a healthy distance from the obvious pack border. His eyes scanned the open expanse of land ahead of them with a curious and cautious eye. He had no doubt that this pack would be safe for them if it was as his mother described it, but plenty of time had past since she was last here. There was no way for him to tell if the pack had changed leaders or rules or if they would even welcome them in... All he could hope was that this whole journey was worth it.

”I guess we made it, huh?” he asked as he looked down at his mother with a soft smile. It had been a tough journey for them and very slow going, but if this was his mother’s last wish then he would have moved mountains to make it happen. If it had only been him making the trip he probably could have made it in a few days, but since he had been keeping pace with her and letting her rest as often as she needed it had taken them far longer. He gave his fur a shake and dipped his head down to press his nose to Baine’s cheek. ”What do you think? Do you recognize these scents?” He waited for her to decide if it was safe to call for someone or if it was best to look elsewhere for their remaining family.

Báine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
03-13-2020, 12:10 AM

She had expected to have a lot of emotions when they finally reached the borders of her old pack, but the weight of them still surprised her. There was the relief of having actually completed the journey that had hit her when she realized how close they had gotten. That had been enough to push her though the last little bit of the trip. But when they reached the oh so familiar Plains and she noticed that the scents were still at least vaguely familiar... She could have collapsed from the happiness and relief she felt. She had made it, it wasn’t too late. With whatever time was left she could make things right. She nodded to confirm Nolan’s question over if they had made it, her tail wagging gently behind her. ”We did, one way or another,” she said as she looked up at her son with a proud smile, quoting what he had told her when she had asked for him to help her get here. They would get here one way or another. And so they did. He had been her biggest surprise, blessing, and wake up call all in one.

She smiled adoringly at him as his muzzle dipped down to her cheek, giving him another nod to confirm this still seemed to be her family’s pack. A different generation perhaps, but familiar all the same. She looked back out over the Plains that she had roamed for so long as a young woman wistfully. The sun had begun to set a while ago and now there was just enough light cast around them to still see easily. She felt bad for disturbing everyone so late, but she couldn’t stand to wait until morning. Taking as deep a breath as she could manage, she lifted her muzzle to let out a howl, the pink quartz hanging around her neck shifting against her chest with the motion. She sang out for any of her family that may still remain here, but her heart longed to see her older brother. Her guilt had drawn her back here to see him and now she could only hope that he was here to hear her.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
03-13-2020, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 01:11 AM by Aurielle.)
Aurielle Adravendi

She was patrolling, ever restive with the autumn. It had been such a long time since she’d ever considered that she might meet any of her aunts again. She had vague memories of Baine’s pale form, to the point that she sometimes wondered if she’d actually met the woman.

Perhaps it was only her father’s stories that had brought the face to life in her mind—he was, after all, an incredibly good storyteller, and worlds came to life when he told them. If only in her own mind. When the call came, feminine and seeking family, she turned from the wall, the point where the grizzly had broken through, and studied the distance for a moment. Which was it?

Acapella had been banished for sharing far too much to a dubious outsider, the very wolf that had fully blinded her in the raid by Talis. She doubted the woman would have returned, and either way, she would likely have passed on—she’s been at least as old as her father when she’d joined so long ago.

That left the unlikely Faite, who had vanished many years ago after founding Lirim. Zuriel? What had happened to the healer? Was it Rasiel or Kieryn? Or…

As her paws brought her to the call, she set eyes on the figures, one quite large, waiting in the passage in the wall. The smaller figure was moon-pale, but bore a blush that was the mark of her middle-Aunt. For the moment, she disregarded her own otherworldly appearance as she drew near, from the mane and the tail, the long canines, and the new, now fully formed and bright glow that permeated every hair along with the moonstone shimmer.

Her eyes studied the older woman as she drew to a stop in the gentle dusk. For a long moment she gazed at the woman, then finally spoke simply, "Aintín Báine."

The Old Tongue fell easily, fluidly from her tongue, inflected with reserve as she turned her eyes to the large boy by her aunt’s side. A son, perhaps. He was touched with the pale skin, though he was primarily a brownish grey, with accents of white, rather than the rose-tinged purity of her aunt.

Her eyes returned to her kin and finally, she spoke, almost gently.

"Tá áthas orm go bhfuil tú i do chónaí. Inis dom. Cén fáth ar fhill tú anseo tar éis chomh fada? Cad a tharla?."

There was a clear note of authority, a subtle demand for an explanation, though the true explanation she knew her father would want to hear. The reasons why his Little Moon had simply left without a word.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Báine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
03-13-2020, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 01:45 AM by Báine.)

When her howl faded and the silence found them again, the pale woman let herself settle onto her haunches to wait. She could feel her son shifting nervously at her side and she had to admit she was anxious as well. She was nervous over how she was going to be received after all this time and while they waited she began trying to piece together what she could say to explain herself. None of it felt right and in the end she knew all she could do was tell the truth.

Baine had half expected to see her brother’s large, red form come into view, but instead came a beautiful, softly glowing woman that Baine hardly recognized as her niece. If it hadn’t been for her addressing her as “aintín” and how similar her scent was to Regulus’, Baine may not have guessed it on her own. She blinked with surprise, but a soft smile still pulled at her lips. ”Aurielle. D’fhás tú an oiread sin,” (Aurielle. You've grown up so much,) she replied in greeting even though the language didn’t fall from her lips nearly as beautifully as it did from her niece’s. It was a skill she hadn’t kept up with over the last few years, but it came back fairly easily all the same.

The questions over her return and disappearance began far quicker than she had been prepared for, but she understood the purpose. She knew that redemption was earned, not just given. ”Níl ach maireachtáil ach tá eagla orm. Tháinig mé chun leithscéal a ghabháil le Regulus sula rithim as am. Chomh maith leis sin ...” (Only just living I'm afraid. I've come to apologize to Regulus before I run out of time. Also...) Baine paused, knowing that Nolan would not be able to understand most of what she was saying and knowing this might be the only time she could tell Aurielle one of the main reasons why she had come without him knowing. “Níl mé ag iarraidh go mbeadh a fhios aige faoi seo, ach theastaigh uaim cuidiú leis teach a fháil sula n-éireoidh liom. Ní raibh mé ag iarraidh go mbeadh sé ina aonar.” (I don’t want him to know this, but I wanted to help him find a home before I pass. I didn’t want him to be alone.) It wasn’t that she minded him knowing that she worried about him - she was his mother, she was supposed to worry for him. She just didn’t want him to think that she believed he wouldn’t be able to live on his own. He could do that perfectly well. He was a strong, smart young man. She just wanted better for him than she had done for herself.

Letting the old language rest for a moment so she could bring Nolan into the conversation, she added, “Aurielle, this is my son Nolan.” She glanced up at him with a smile. He was and would always be her only son and the pride she had in him radiated from her in a way that surely embarrassed him, but she couldn’t care less. “Nolan, this is Regulus’ daughter, your cousin.” She looked to the shimmering, regal young woman both curious and hopeful as she asked, ”Is Regulus here?”

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

03-13-2020, 02:11 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

The Spirit listened patiently, though her aunt’s answer told little. She supposed she would hear the whole of the story through her father, but as Baine shifted the subject to her son, admitting that she wanted the large boy to have a home, Aurielle refrained from glancing at the male, letting nothing show that the words had been about him. “I see.”

She shifted easily to the accented common tongue, her father heavily present in the rich, lilting mixed accent, though the subtleties that Surreal’s accent had held were more faded, far more like Paladin or the Nomads’ speech. It was possible that over the generations that inflection [assed down from Surreal’s father would long die out, whole absorbed by the lyrical Old Tongue’s bi-product.

Finally she turned her attention to Nolan as Baine introduced him in the Common Tongue, dipping her muzzle in a nod, and adding, “Spirit of Valhalla.”

Baine’s query as to her father sent her eyes scanning the plains over her shoulder. It must have been that he was sleeping, perhaps. He napped more these days—after all, he was ten now. Her breast throbbed sharply at the knowledge of his age, and how short the years were that remained with him. He was stubbornly sticking around, strong enough despite his advanced years. He wanted to see his daughter happily mated, and his first grandchildren.

“I believe he’s resting. I truly hope you will tell him the entire story from beginning to end about why you left, what you saw throughout the years, and your journey back. He won’t settle for just ‘I’m sorry’. If anything, it’ll be another tale to pass down.”

Her gaze returned to her aged aunt and finally, a gentle smile settled into her features, much akin to that of her great grandmother, although Baine had never met the renowned healer. There was still steel there, but it was a challenge as she turned to Nolan. “Much has changed since the days of Celestial, and much is to be explained and told. For now, I will tell you of Valhalla. You may decide whether this is a place you wish to make your home.”

Her eyes turned to Baine once more as she added, “I welcome you both… I hope you will make this your home once more. I’ve missed out on time with my aunts and Uncles. Laisren disappeared before the Eruption of Mount Volkan. Tornach nearly lost his life to it, and barely made it here with his last remaining elk. He’s well now, though. I hope you two will be able to find one another again.”

She turned, gesturing for the two to follow as she fell into a graceful stroll, one Baine would easily be able to match as she began to speak in a lyrical, almost storytelling voice, depicting the changes of the pack’s name, the ranks and laws, how the Circles worked (though she was vague about how the Shadow Circle worked, intentionally so), and what the pack valued and required of its wolves.

“Honorable ambition and initiative are vastly valued here. I need wolves who want to climb the ranks, not only for their own goals, but for the betterment of the pack as a whole.” Her eyes flicked to Nolan as she said this, though her strides didn’t pause.

“If you decide to stay, Nolan, what Circles do you think you would desire to rise through? Where would you feel happiest?”

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Nolan I

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Athena I

Beevent
03-26-2020, 05:09 PM

Nolan waited for someone to answer his mother’s call with as much patience as he could muster. It was a mix of being excited to meet these wolves that he had heard so many stories about and an eagerness to get his mother somewhere for her to rest. He was acutely aware that her health was not in the greatest of shapes and even though he knew she wasn’t going to pass away right this very moment, he still wanted to hold on to every minute with her that he could. He tried not to let on that he was worried for her, but he was sure she could tell.

Soon enough a wolf - or at least he thought it was a wolf - came to greet him but he wasn’t sure if he was actually seeing a living, breathing wolf or some kind of spirit. His eyes widened and he made a quick glance toward his mother to make sure that she could see this as well and he wasn’t suddenly just being haunted by a ghost. He tried his best to maintain his composure, but she was glowing! He was shocked at how calmly his mother greeted the stranger and it was probably for the best that she hadn’t expected him to speak right away.

The shimmering, pale woman in front of them spoke in the language that he recognized as the one his mother and aunt would say short phrases to each other in from time to time, but none of it really quite made sense in his ears. He could pick out a few words here and there, but his knowledge of this old language was certainly limited. Hearing this wolf that appeared she had come from a different planet speak in such a language only added to her mystique and Nolan found himself dumbfounded by it all. As they began talking back and forth he suddenly wished he knew more of the language so he could tell what they were saying. His mother had taught him a little bit here and there, but he honestly hadn’t had much time to spend on it. Between his father and aunt passing and his mother’s declining health, he hadn’t had much of a chance to focus on anything other than caring for his family.

He dipped his head politely to Aurielle as his mother introduced him. ”Pleased to meet you,” he replied in his own masculine, gentle tone. His voice leaned on the deeper side of tenor with an indistinguishable accent that seemed like a mix and match of everyone he had grown up around. For the most part he was quiet and attentive as his cousin spoke to explain the ways of her pack to them. If there was one thing that had been instilled in him from a very early age it was to be respectful. He followed along behind the ghost-like woman, keeping on an eye on Baine as they walked while still paying close attention as Aurielle spoke of Valhalla, the ranks and laws, and the culture of it all.

His pale pink gaze shifted fully to Aurielle when she addressed him specifically, asking which of the circles he would choose if he stayed. He honestly forgot that he had a choice of staying or not. He had assumed that if they were welcomed into the pack that he would stay, there had been no doubt in his mind for the whole trip here. It had been what his mother had wanted so he didn’t question it. However, even given the choice, he thought he would still stay as long as they wanted him to. Family was incredibly important to him and if this was his chance to connect with more of his family then he was happy to do just that. ”I’m equally confident with fighting and hunting. I know enough about healing to get by, but I wouldn’t say that’s my talent. Honestly, I’m happy to do whichever would benefit the pack the most if you have a need for any particular skill.” He didn’t want to insist on being a fighter if she needed a hunter or vice versa. Caring for and protecting others was deep in his bones so wherever he would be the most helpful was where he wanted to be.

Báine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
03-26-2020, 05:18 PM

A soft sigh of relief left her when Aurielle mentioned that her brother must be resting. Her real concern had been that he would have left or even passed without her knowing. He was older than her after all so the possibility wasn’t out of the question. She nodded with understanding when her niece made the point that she would need to fully explain what had happened. ”Of course, I wouldn’t expect him to accept anything less.” She understood that she had explaining to do and also knew that she may have made this trip to earn her brother’s forgiveness in vain. There was nothing that would easily earn her place here and she knew that. All she wanted was the chance to try.

As they walked, Baine listened to the explanation of the pack as well as it was told to them and noted how it had shifted and changed while she was away. There was nothing she had qualms with - in fact she was happy to see that it still seemed to be doing well with a fresh leader at its head. Aurielle certainly carried herself like a leader, she would definitely give the young woman that much credit. It seemed like their family’s pack would continue on and for that she was grateful. With the time she had left she just wanted to instill how important it was into Nolan so he wouldn’t make the same mistakes as she had. Maybe he could be the one to help change the course she had started. She smiled a little when he told Aurielle his skill set and left it open for her to choose what she needed. She wished he would take more charge in his own destiny, but she understood that this was just who he was. He was a caretaker that just wanted to do what made others happy. He was such an old soul.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

04-06-2020, 04:19 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

Aurielle nodded an acknowledgement of Baine’s words—it was true to her father. Simple explanations for something that obviously had a lot more to it would never do for him. He needed to know the whole story from beginning to end, and not a detail lost in between. It was part of his love for stories and interest in hearing them. But in this case, it would hopefully tell him that it wasn’t his fault nearly all his siblings – hell, all of them, by now, with Laisren having gone missing – had left or disappeared.

Her attention turned to Nolan as he took in her explanations of the pack and its laws, and as he responded, clearly thinking before he spoke, she smiled gently. He should run well with Red, and they needed more hunters and fighters. This would be perfect for the pack.

“I think that you would run well in both War and Hunting Circles, and so you shall. You will be ranked as Nerved Trace, which are both the lowest rank of each Circle. As I stated, you’ll rise through the ranks with your effort and skill, and your initiative. I’d like you to keep an eye out for Red—he’s got long saber canines, stiff hackle fur. He’s red, black, and brindled with gold, so he shouldn’t be difficult to recognize. He’s our most experienced hunter, and also running in the War Circle, so he would be a good candidate for a mentor. Otherwise, I’d be glad to take you on as my apprentice as well.”

She turned to Baine, smiling as she stated, “Due to your health and age, you will be ranked as Wisdom. Don’t let that be an insult, Da’s in that rank too. When you feel well enough, would you be willing to pass on your knowledge to the younger members of the pack?” She flashed a brief wink as she added that her father was now officially an “old wolf” ranked member, making it clear she jested.

Glancing back to Nolan she added, “When would you like your test spar?”

Nolan I

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Athena I

Beevent
04-26-2020, 02:52 PM

Nolan nodded in agreement when Aurielle assigned him his rank. He was glad that he wouldn't be limited to focusing on one particular thing. He liked to learn lots of different things so this gave him the opportunity to do that. "I'd be happy to learn from both of you," he replied after he listened to the description of someone named Red and how he or Aurielle would be good mentors. He liked getting more than one perspective on things so he never turned away the chance to learn from someone new. He was sure that Aurielle and Red both fought in very different ways so there would be plenty to learn from the both of them.

He grinned a little at his mother when she was told that she would be in the Wisdom rank along with Regulus, enjoying the teasing that Aurielle added on to the news. It was a little bitter sweet for him, knowing that his mother was getting older, but it wasn't something that was new information for him. He had watched his father grow old and eventually pass away and he would see his mother do the same. It was something he had already come to terms with, but it still lingered on his mind from time to time.

His gaze turned back to Aurielle when she gave him a question over when he would like to spar. He shot her a grin that only a young, excitable man could possibly wear, the kind that said he would throw himself into a fight right this very second if she wanted it. Logic told him that maybe they should get some rest first considering the trek they had just been on so he tried to meet somewhere in the middle when he replied. "Maybe in a few days? Just so we have enough time to get settled in and all."

"Speech"