Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
Ice Bridge ExplorerWealthyHomebodyDouble MasterExplorerVolcano
1KTreat 2019
02-22-2020, 10:06 PM
Leaving Alarr, Tyrian made his way over to Ashmedai. It was his older brother's turn to learn about the position he was aiming for. Ashmedai wasn't green when it came to leading, he'd had his pirates for years, but Tyrian wanted to be sure his brother knew what he was getting into here. There could be no jet-setting if he wanted this position. "Ash? Hey," he said as he walked over. Even though his brother was a great deal older than him and it was a little weird to be addressing him as a superior, Tyrian ignored the feeling and pressed on.

"I wanted to go over the duties of the Master-of-the-Guard with you before you committed to the rank. It's a lot and I know like most of our siblings you enjoy the ability to come and go as you please and if I'm being honest, anyone who holds this rank is going to have to spend a great deal of time at home." He thought about that for a second, then clarified, "I'll want them to devote a lot of time to the pack. So I thought we should talk about expectations, both yours and mine, you know?"
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

Intermediate Intellectual (35)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
02-24-2020, 05:54 PM
Tyrian, who was Ashmedai's brother and was also younger than his first kid and near the age of his younger two kids, wanted to go over the requirements for the rank he chose at the meeting. Although it was a little strange the way all the things worked out, Ash was ready to respect his kid brother's leadership. He had no qualms with the boy and Sparrow had taken such a strong shining to him that Ashmedai, while having had the idea to initially pull her away to the pirate band, was now reconsidering.

Tyrian talked about how much he knew Ash liked to explore and have freedom and how this rank wouldn't really let him. Ashmedai let a sharp, lopsided smile tag onto his face, "Good, I need something to keep me anchored here for now." He said he wanted to speak about their expectations and Ash's smile faltered a bit. His icy eyes directed at Tyrian, "Listen, ki- Tyrian, I'm gonna be honest with you- I'm goin' back to the pirates at some point. Either that or I'm bringin' em here. I don't know if that's a decision Sparrow is ready to make yet- as much as she want to live that life, look at her. Look at the way she idolizes you. She loves it here. I can't ask her to come with me, but I can't make her stay. I think it would tear her in two, so I figured it'd be best to bury myself in work here for a while."

The smile crept back on Ash's face, "I think Talon would be fine. And I'd trust you with Sparrow any day, but I can't just leave my kid yet." A light chuckle resounded in his chest. When did he become like this? When did he become such an old man? "When she's old enough, I'll leave and she can either have this rank or she can become a pirate, but I'm sure it'll be one of those two exact choices that she'll be forced to make at some point. Make sense?"
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
1KTreat 2019
03-01-2020, 07:14 PM
Tyrian's gaze settled on the ground thoughtfully as Ashmedai spoke. It was strange and interesting to hear Ashmedai speak so seriously about the future. Not because he didn't think his brother couldn't be serious or anything like that, but because their relationship had never really involved serious conversations. Even though they were brothers the years between them, his age and Tyrian's friendship with his niece had made it impossible for he and Ashmedai to be on equal footing. Now suddenly he was an alpha and with the position came an expectation of some amount of respect. It was an odd shift in dynamics.

His gaze rose as Ashmedai mentioned he would trust him with Sparrow's safety. It was a deeply humbling compliment for the freshly minted alpha. Tyrian nodded in understanding. "Yes it does." He almost thanked Ashmedai for the compliment but couldn't quite find the words for it. "Well I can't promise to keep you anchored here but I can promise to keep you busy. The Master-of-the-Guard is in charge of basically everything combat related. As Master you'd be in charge of all the fighting men and women, and you'd be tasked with making sure those that are fully trained remain fighting fit and getting those that aren't to train until they are. I would expect you to host training events, pair mentors, stuff like that. I plan on making a council of sorts out of the Masters so I would also expect you give input at our meetings and coordinate offensive ventures with me when the time comes."
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
03-05-2020, 06:43 PM
Ashmedai was eager to finish this serious chat of theirs and return to the status quo. No matter how serious Ash had to be to handle things, he always liked to keep that part of his personality to himself. It was much less fun to show this side of himself and he didn't particularly enjoy it, but he understood when it needed to be done. It was easier to play the fool, but it was better to have this now, hammer out any and all serious details right up front, and then resume the previous position.

Tyrian promised to keep him busy and Ash gave him a curt nod, "Busy's all I can ask for." He nodded along to the rest of the requirements for the job, "I can do all of that, and I'm filled to the fuckin' brim with input so have at it." Ashmedai flashed a toothy smile at the young adult. "I guess the question here is how often do you want me to do what? Just guess, so I have an idea."
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
03-07-2020, 11:29 AM
Ash's quip earned him a lopsided grin from Tyrian. That was more the Ash Tyrian was used to seeing. Once they'd had time to adjust to the new order of things Tyrian hoped they could strike a balance between their natures and the seriousness that their roles required. He hoped none of his family members grew to think of him as all work and no play. With a laugh he answered, "I would expect nothing less."

He sobered quickly as his brother asked him a serious question. Tyrian pursed his lips, his expression thoughtful, as he considered the question. "A good place to start, I suppose, is as often as you think necessary. We're just starting out so perhaps in a few seasons we can evaluate everything and make adjustments. I don't have any targets in mind, yet, but I would like to start raiding soon so an evaluation of skills to know what we're working with is in order." He was quiet for a beat and then added with a smile, "As for your input, that's also at your discretion." It would take time to find a balance.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
03-13-2020, 07:59 PM
Tyr seemed to lead into the fact that he was leaving a lot of the details to Ash. He liked that. He liked that a lot. Ash couldn't stop the toothy character that grew into his smile as Tyrian mentioned raiding. "Yeah that'll be good. Real good." Things had been much too quiet as of late, and Ash liked the idea of being at the forefront of the chaos. He was only a little sad that Abaven hadn't done anything to piss him off lately. Maybe he should pay them a visit- but he wasn't all too sure Tyr would like that.

The boy- no- the alpha said that Ash's input was up to his discretion. "Discretion?" He asked with a full-bodied chuckle, "What's that?"

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
03-15-2020, 07:14 PM
In response to Ashmedai's quip Tyrian let out a long-suffering sigh and rolled his eyes as though he were exasperated. In an instant the expression was gone; replaced with a good-natured smirk. He knew his brother was joking but Tyrian did expect him to give his input whenever he thought it necessary. Tyrian was young but he wasn't so naive to think he could handle everything on his own. Even though he was confident enough to do his own thing he knew better than to be so convinced of his prowess that he didn't need advice from other. Ashmedai (among others) was older and more experienced than Tyrian. He would be foolish not to learn from Ashmedai and the other Masters.

Okay back to the important bit. "As for raids..." he shrugged leadingly and cast a sly look his brother's way. "All's I'm gonna say is the sooner we knew where everyone is at skill-wise, the sooner we can go out and...play."