Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
Ice Bridge ExplorerWealthyHomebodyDouble MasterExplorerVolcano
1KTreat 2019
03-15-2020, 07:50 PM
Tyrian roved over the hills with a spring in his step and no purpose to guide him. He was pleased with how things were coming together. Soon enough they would begin raiding and he would be able to fill these knolls with sheep, horses and whatever else caught his fancy. It was exciting to think about. A world of potential was laid out before him. In addition to raiding he was kicking around the idea of hosting a market like the vikings had done. It would be a neat way to sell their wares and feel out the other packs. He wasn't sure he was ready for the commitment that came with capturing slaves, however. Or the drama for that matter depending on who they got their paws on.

He stopped beneath a huge tree and sat down in its shade. From up here he could see for miles around. The sight was, in his opinion, a rather spectacular one. This was home and it was full to the brim with potential. He was excited for the days ahead and he hoped the pack was too.

OOC: Tyrian is up for nearly anything! Come talk to him, learn something, teach something, or spar, or fight large predators. Anything.
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Balian

Avalon
Undecided

Expert Fighter (170)

Expert Navigator (130)

gems
size
Large species
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Attack!1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Treat 2019
04-26-2020, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2020, 05:59 PM by Balian.)

He had spent a considerable amount of time among the wolves of this pack. Though he had mainly kept to helping Jupiter if he wasn't grazing or wandering around the outskirts of the pack. But considering he'd been here so long...nearly a year now? It was high time he made a decision on what he wanted to do, no? He didn't intend on staying a servant or what have you forever...he had been doing that long enough. The desert prince headed deeper into the territory, the literal monkey on his back sitting there while he whittled a stick. Balian didn't know who to talk to about his situation...but he supposed the alpha would be a start, right? From what he gathered living among the wolves, the alpha was the leader and he figured he was likely the one to have final say in anything. He walked along at a brisk pace until he spotted the large wolf sitting beneath a tree on the hill. Walking up towards him, he didn't feel the need to really announce his presence since it was likely the male could hear his footsteps. "You're the alpha, right? I'd like to speak to you about something." He stopped at the top of the hill a few feet from Tyrian, his amber gaze not breaking contact with the wolf.
"Speech"

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
1KTreat 2019
05-01-2020, 01:33 PM
The sound of hooves alerted him to the presence of the horse. At first he startled out of instinct thinking it was one of those damn bison, but quite quickly reason overtook instinct and he recognized the sound was different than the noise the heavy, pointy toed bastards made. It was a rounded sound. Heavy, hollow, but not sharp. Jupiter's pet horse. Or...Jupiter's...horse...slave? He wasn't sure what his nephew had going there but he understood the horse to be smarter than the rest of its kin or something like that. It was special in some way.

Christ on a cracker it spoke. Tyrian eyed the beast skeptically, but the expression soon gave way to curiosity. He'd never met a talking horse, but having a trio of talking companions had opened his mind to the possibility of there being equals in the animal kingdom. The thought was intriguing enough to motivate him to give the horse a chance.

"I am," he said as he got to his paws so the horse didn't tower over him too much. "What is it you'd like to discuss?"
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Balian

Avalon
Undecided

Expert Fighter (170)

Expert Navigator (130)

gems
size
Large species
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Attack!1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Treat 2019
05-19-2020, 06:09 PM

He couldn't deny that he was feeling a little nervous. After all, he didn't know what to expect with these creatures. Jupiter, he learned, was a total wild card. And he knew very little of the other pack wolves since he mostly kept to himself outside of helping Jupiter when the boy needed him. His ears flicked back to the sound of gentle scraping as Idu continued whittling, deciding that the monkey probably wasn't going to help him speak to this toothy beast. That was alright...he could do this himself. Or at least, he had to try. "I thought as much. My name is Balian, and as you know I've been with Jupiter for quite some time now..." He doubted Tyrian cared about his name or anything of the sort, but it was in his own nature to state it anyway. "I'd like to discuss my place in your pack. I don't wish to be a...servant...to Jupiter forever. And while I am grateful he took me from the predicament I was in, I would like to start proving that I can be more valuable than a common mule." There were a plethora of things he felt he could do or help with. He could fight. He could navigate and read the stars and weather. He had heard talk of raids, and he hoped the alpha would give him a chance to prove he could be more useful than just pulling carts.

"Speech"

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
05-22-2020, 02:23 PM
Tyrian regarded Balian with a curious expression as the horse said his piece. When he was done Tyrian was left with a dilemma. "There's no use in softening it: you are a slave..." He then trailed off as he considered his own statement. Tyrian didn't struggle with the morality of owning other creatures. He kept herds of beasts to eat, after all, so the plight of a horse - who was not destined to be eaten as far as he knew - didn't concern him much. No, the dilemma here was whether or not he would take a possession - even a clever one - away from one of his packmates. That was what the horse was getting at, no? Freedom would come at Jupiter's expense.

A soft "hmm" left his lips as he considered the situation. "Let's play a little game of what if's shall we? Say I speak with Jupiter and he agrees to free you. How do you think you can benefit the pack more as a free..." having almost said the word 'wolf' he eyed the horse before continuing, "man? What makes you more valuable, as you say, than one of our sheep? Or as the simple puller-of-carts that Jupiter uses you for?" Seeing as Fireside was a pack of predators, they seemed like fair questions to Tyrian.