Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
03-30-2020, 03:25 PM
His wife had brought home a stranger. And, well she had an all-blanket approval from the Warlord to accept wolves, it was unusual enough to make him curious. He wanted to know who had caught his Wife’s attention, and what about them marked them as special to his beloved Wife.

With this in mind, he would seek out the wolf known as Tamsyn, to find out how she was settling in and where she had decided to make her den. He walked to the communal center of the pack, where the Obelisk and food stores lay, before raising his head and calling for the wolf. He would know her on sight for her black coat and teal eyes that Zee had described to him.

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Double MasterCritical Hit!WordyPride - Bisexual1KBeevent
Bronze Medal 2020
03-30-2020, 03:55 PM

The ebony woman had spent a good portion of the morning putting the finishing touches on her den. The furs that Resin had gifted to her had made the biggest difference in making this place feel like home and it had encouraged her to really shape her makeshift den into something more permanent. She had gathered a small pile of thin branches and had spent some time using them to reinforce the entrance and walls that she had dug out a few days before just to make sure her handiwork wouldn’t come crumbling down any time soon.

Just as she was finishing up her work, an unexpected howl caught her attention and it took her a second to realize that the call was directed toward her. It caught her off guard and she quite nervous as she slipped out of her den and went to make her way toward the center, communal pack area since it seemed that was where it had originated from. Tamsyn began to wonder if maybe she had done something wrong or they had changed their mind about letting her stay, but she did her best to keep these thoughts at bay. Her pale, mint eyes found the massive male that was clearly waiting for her. She trotted over to meet him, giving him a respectful nod of her head when she came to a stop across from him. ”Hello,” she said in greeting, though her posture and expression still showed her nervousness mixed with her curiosity. ”Did you call for me?”

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
03-30-2020, 04:05 PM
The wolf was small, but not as tiny as others he had come to know. There were hints of scars across her skin, pockmarks of fur where the scar tissue stood out too strong for her coat to grow back. She had been harshly used at some point in her life. The sight of it brought a darkening to the Warlords' eyes. Now that she was his, she would never be ill-used again in her life. If those that had hurt her ever sought her out, they would find nothing but death at the ends of his fangs.

The pricetvie instinct was stronger then it had been only a year past. Wife and Children had softened him, mallowed him out. No longer did he agree that wolves should know pain to learn. There were lines, and Zee had taught him where they stood. Zee, his wife. She had put claim to this wolf, and for her he would doubly ensure this wolf's protection.

“I did. You’ve already met my Wife, Zee” he explained to her, softening his stance so she would not be frightened. “I’m Sirius, the Warlord here. How are you settling in?” the pleasantries felt stiff on his lips, but he uttered them regardless.

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Bronze Medal 2020
03-30-2020, 04:34 PM

Once she heard that this was Zee’s husband she immediately began to relax and was able to offer him a more genuine smile. Zee had such a special, highly regarded place in her mind that she couldn’t possibly believe that someone as close to Zee as her husband would be someone untrustworthy. Even though it was pretty clear that going though these niceties wasn’t exactly something that came comfortably to him, he put in the effort to do so and she appreciated that. ”So far so good,” she replied with a gentle wag of her tail. ”I’ve gotten my den just about finished. Resin agreed to help me with my training so I can start learning to fight as well.”

She paused before she added, ”I’ve thanked Zee, but I want to thank you as well for letting me live here with you. I wasn’t sure I would find a pack that would want me... or that I would trust for that matter. But Zee changed my mind.” Her ears flicked back as she spoke, embarrassed by her own confession, but it felt like something that needed to be said. She wasn’t sure how often they heard the appreciation they deserved for what they were doing here so she figured she might as well be the one to say it.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

03-30-2020, 04:44 PM
He took a seat, listening as she spoke of her den, and Resin helping her. He was surprised to hear the reclusive old warrior would be helping the stranger, but was pleased at the news. It would be good for the both of them, the newcomer to settle in, and Resin to feel more like this pack was family.

“Good, fighting is invaluable, and a requirement in this pack. If you need any help with your lessons, seek me out” he said, giving her blanket permission to ask for aid from him.

She spoke of Zee, and he paused, a soft, distant smile on his lips. “That's my Zee” he agreed “She has a way of making you feel you belong” his gaze drifted to the side, a mix of love and possession fleetingly passing his expression. He shook away the distraction, but the stranger's attachment to his Wife would only work in her favour.

Pleasantries aside, there were other matters he needed to speak to Tamsyn about, now that he had seen her. “Will those that gave you those scars be a problem for you?” he asked softly. He needed to know if they would likely come calling, and how many he might need to kill for her.

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Bronze Medal 2020
03-30-2020, 05:05 PM

She smiled to his invitation to ask for his help and nodded in response. ”Thank you, I will.” Not being able to offer much in the way of skills had been a big worry for her when she had decided to attempt living with a pack again, but so far everyone had been so willing to help her learn and that was enough to eliminate most of her worries. She still didn’t know if she was going to be any good at it or not... But surely with enough practice she would get the hang of it. She noticed the change in his expression when he spoke about Zee and it made her smile. To have someone that looked like that even just at the mention of his wife... Zee certainly was a lucky wolf.

When Sirius turned the conversation to the wolves that had given her the scars she wore around her leg and jaw, her smile faltered and she glanced down at her foreleg thoughtfully. ”No... I don’t believe so,” she finally replied after a moment of hesitation. ”I doubt they even know I’m alive. My father wounded me pretty badly before he banished me from their pack. I hope they think that I died in the wild on my own so they won’t come looking for me.” It seemed easier to talk about her past now. Between her experience with Zee and having Resin to turn to it didn’t seem quite as overwhelming as it once had.

She brought her gaze back to the Warlord’s and went on to explain a bit more. ”Long story short... I didn’t fit the mold that my family and pack had for me. Females had a very specific role and I refused to bend to fit it. All of these are from punishments my father and brothers gave me,” she said, nodding to the layers of scars scattered around her leg. She turned her head to the side for a moment so he could see the larger scar that marked her neck right bellow her jaw. ”This is from him attacking me before he sent me away. I guess it was his way of killing me without having to do it himself.”

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

03-30-2020, 05:21 PM
Her smile flickered out, like the last embers in the communal fire pit, when all fuel had run out, and nothing remained to hold its spark. Her answer was hesitant, and uncertain. He did not think they would come looking for her, but the chance was still there. He was surprised to learn that it was her own father that had hurt her, but he let none of his thoughts show. “Very well. If they come seeking you, it will bring them nothing but pain.” he promised her. He took the safety of his wolves seriously. She was no longer her own. She was his, the Armada’s, Zee’s. She was a piece of a whole, and for it she was granted safety and love.

She continued to show him her scars, and he moved closer, carefully, so not to startle her. One giant paw raised, and touched the last scar carefully, feline claws unsheathed to touch the raised skin of the scar. “You are my wolf now. No one will ever hurt you this way again and live.” there was finality to the words, and a touch of anger. He could only hope he and her father crossed paths.

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Bronze Medal 2020
03-30-2020, 07:18 PM

She was honestly surprised by the possessive, protective response he had to her story, but it wasn’t an unwelcome one. Her ear flicked from the feeling of his claw grazing her scar made her ear flick in response. More and more she fully believed that some kind of fate had brought her here. She still hadn’t fully figured out why or how, but she was grateful either way. Zee finding her may have very well saved her life and being here around wolves so willing to protect her basically guaranteed that if her family ever came looking for her there would be no way for them to touch her.

Her mint green gaze shifted to him again with a small smile. Between Sirius and Risen she had never felt more protected in her life. ”Thank you,” she told him softly, unsure of what else to say. She had already been overwhelmed by the care that Risen had offered her thus far, but to have the Warlord of the pack tell her that he wouldn’t let them hurt her again spoke volumes about the pack that she had decided to join. She pulled herself up to put a bit of strength and pride into her stance which was an unusual feeling for someone like her. ”I’m going to find a way to earn my place here. I’m so grateful to you and Zee for giving me the opportunity and now I need to figure out how to use it.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

03-30-2020, 07:55 PM
Her words seemed to give him strength, a response that startled him. He had encountered cowering wolves before. Promised them safety at the cost of individualism. Some were grateful, some were scared. None had been inspired. She drew herself up, as through taking strength and pride from him. He looked at this scarred, injured wolf, and felt a stirring. A reason to protect her above and beyond an insatiable need to please Zee, and the ownership he felt over those he claimed. He would be strong for her, and it would grant her strength, and change. His touch on this wolf would mean something.

He pulled his claw from her wound, straightening some so he once again towered over her smaller shape. "I believe you" he said simply. And it came out sounding like a double meaning without quite intendinting to. He believed her, and he believed in her. He cleared his throat, a touch awkward at the emotions she had brought out in him. "Well. Did you need for anything? Some extra coats, food?"

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Bronze Medal 2020
03-30-2020, 09:37 PM

She wasn’t sure if he had meant to be quite so inspirational as he had been, but she was happy to take his few, but meaningful words and run with them. Ever since she came to Boreas she had been encountering more and more firsts that she hadn’t expected to have. She had expected the obvious ones like when she had been able to explore freely for the first time or her first time she brought down a kill on her own. It was the smaller ones that really got to her - like when she received her first gift from Resin or heard that someone believed in her from Sirius. It was all more than she was emotionally ready to process, but she noticed it and appreciated it all none of the less.

When he asked if she needed anything at all, she was quick to give a shake of her head in response. ”No, I’m all taken care of. Actually, Resin brought me a welcome gift right after I got my den set up so she’s made sure I’ve had everything I needed.” Without really realizing it, her expression softened when she talked about Resin and her wagged gently behind her. ”Thank you for asking though. I’ll definitely let you know if I think of anything.”

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

03-31-2020, 02:30 PM
He was surprised at the fondness of which she spoke of the old warrior. The interest his warrior had taken in this wounded wolf surprised him as well. He had intended to find more for which the reclusive fighter might respect in this pack. He desired to keep her interests here, so that she might stay. For the sake of his sister, who wanted her mother to be a part of her life. He just hadn’t expected Zee to deliver such a thing into his lap.

“Excellent, in that case, I'll leave you to it. Spare me some time tomorrow, and i’ll set you up with some basics in fighting.” he gently ordered. He had met the new wolf, found to his surprise he liked her, and ensured she had what she needed. He wouldn’t keep her any longer, and gave her some warning at the training to come. He would ensure no one ever messed with her again. Some of that insurance was to train her to defend herself.

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Bronze Medal 2020
03-31-2020, 05:08 PM

Surprise colored the smaller wolf’s face when Sirius insisted on getting her started with the basics of fighting tomorrow. She gave him a hopeful smile and nodded. ”Absolutely! I’ll be looking forward to it. She had no idea what to expect since she had only caught glimpses of the training her brothers had gone though. She was as excited as she was nervous and she couldn’t wait to start this new chapter of her life. She gave him a parting dip of her head before she turned to leave the way she came, heading back toward her den. Knowing how to fight and defend herself had seemed like a far flung dream once upon a time and now she was going to be able to do just that. Now she just had to hope that she wasn’t terrible at it!

She paused when she got back to her den and wondered for a while what she should do in the mean time... She thought about running to tell Resin about her conversation with Sirius, but decided against it. Surprising her with what she had learned seemed like much more fun. She grinned at the idea and instead set to work putting the last finishing touches on her home. Everything was slowly coming together.