Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
04-09-2020, 09:00 PM
The white wolf was curious as she was afraid. She didn't know what drew her to here at all - in fact she knew nothing of this pack! Kaizer had told her it was fine, but her sister said she would meet up with her later. Wanting to find more about adravendi. Liz didn't know if there was any Adravendi in this pack so how would her sister even know! No it wasn't that, it was the fact that her sister told her to start asking around but Elizabeth didn't want to spend her time asking around until they found somewhere to go. She wanted a pack to settle down into, it didn't matter if there was a chance of something else happening. Elizabeth knew her mother probably would have wanted her to have a bit of security as well.

She stood nervously on the edges of the Vericona plains border. The scent filled her nose and it almost stunk the healer moving back a bit, she wasn't too close was she? Did the wolves inside smell her. Simple she would call introduce herself and see if she could get some information from there. Her mother had said the last name was well known so they had to be equally as careful right? Liz gave a bark, and then maybe a small howl to catch the attention of whoever was inside the pack lands. This was a dumb idea, why didn't Kaizer come with her again? She was off searching elsewhere and would meet up with her, what a joke!

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
04-11-2020, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2020, 09:50 PM by Aurielle.)
Aurielle Adravendi

She was getting her paws dirty with Paladin. They were busily planting the herbs that would sprout in spring with careful tending over the winter. It was a distraction from her cycle, and Paladin, being well trained and accustomed to ignoring the scent she exuded, was a wonderful companion to garden with.

“I’ve been considering various other livestock for our herds. The sheep are alright, but they aren’t the hardiest…”

A howl brought her to a pause in her conversation and Paladin nodded at her, motioning that he would be fine without her. She nodded and gave her paws a washing before heading to greet the caller.

She moved with her usual easy regality, head and tail casually raised, mane and tail flowing. With the washing of her paws she was nigh on spotless, the vision of a - quite literally - glowing Queen.

She slowed to an easy walk as she spotted the white form at the passage in the wall, and took her time in the last few yards to study the girl.

Finally, she stood before her, muzzle dipping as she greeted quietly, “Welcome to the border of Valhalla. What brings you to our wall?”

Softly spoken though she was, there was no denying the quiet authority in her bearing or voice.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Elizabeth

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
04-11-2020, 09:57 PM
Elizabeth was not expecting to be greeted by such a beautiful wolf. Part of her blushed as she looked away for a moment. This was the alpha! Oh boy she didn't even know fi she could do this now. No she told Kaizer she would so she was going to. She turned back towards the alpha and dipped her head respectfully. Despite being the daughter of a previous queen she knew well enough to respect authority at all costs. "Hello there!" she grinned though her chipper voice was sometimes hard to ignore. "My name is Elizabeth Adravendi. I was hoping to seek a rank in your pack." she wagged her tail back and forth as she asked this trying to keep eye contact.

"I am quiet a skilled healer and navigator. Although new to Boreas as I was born elsewhere so I'm still getting used to the herbs and the lands." Though she was hoping the mentioning of her last name sparked something. That's always what she was hoping when she had introduced herself these days. Her mother told her the family was vast, adopted, blood, it didn't matter and many hadn't even known of Heather. However already Elizabeth felt at home here in Boreas.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

04-11-2020, 10:12 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

She wondered if she’d ever get used to the surprise her glowing coat brought to those who’d not met her or had known her before it had begun to set in. None of the discomfort showed in her features or eyes. Instead, a gentle smile settled upon her lips as the girl introduced herself. Another Adravendi? Was this one of the adopted lines, or the true blood?

With the wind in her favor, she breathed in subtly, confirming that this Elizabeth was indeed of the line and not of a branch adopted into the family at some point. She listened patiently as the girl listed immediately what she felt she was good at. A navigator and Healer.

Perhaps, if this girl showed ambition, she would make for a decent first member of the Messenger’s Circle. The Spirit finally introduced herself.

“I am Aurielle Adravendi. We’ve always a need for good healers, and a navigator would find her skills just as appreciated.”

Her head cocked slightly as she considered the taller wolf shrewdly. While the name was something of a perk, actions would be watched to ensure that Elizabeth could prove herself ambitious enough to rise through the ranks of whatever Circles she chose to run in, rather than laying recumbent and lazy and not pulling her weight.

“How would you tend to a woman in labor, whose first pup is presented wrong—across the birth canal? What herbs would you give her, and what methods would you take to re-position the pup?”

Those dual-tones blue eyes were intense as she locked onto the younger wolf’s gaze, clearly expecting an answer. If she was to present herself as a skilled healer, then she’d best prove her skill, even if only in theory.

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Elizabeth

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
04-11-2020, 10:31 PM
Elizabeth tried to hide her excitement when the other introduced herself. Her search felt like it was approaching a bursting point. Hopefully they'd accept Kaizer just the same. The healer though did not know if the herbs here were the same as her homeland. Well she supposed this would be her homeland now - her mothers homeland at least. Aurielle was a pretty name too and Liz was certain serving under her would bring joy to her life for years to come. At least hoping that Valhalla does not meet the same fate as Montra did.

She questioned her, a test. As soon as it hit her ears she heard her fathers voice. Quickly now, this happened twice in her pack. "It depends on the position of the pup - feet first or butt first." she began. "I would suggest Trillium but that's not always readily available. Back home we would use red rasberry leaves and spearmint as it helps with contractions, though pain management is most improtant next to controlling bleeing as the mother passing out would be troublesome. Then you can go one of two ways to reposition the pup, press gently on the abdomen and find the pups head in an attempt to push it the right way around. You can also seek help by asking another wolf to help reach inside and reposition the pup but this is difficult considering our anatomy compared to a monkeys. The two times I've done it we were able to reposition the pup by pushing on the abdomen. Normally if those fail there isn't much I was taught to help the mother nor child." Elizabeth was hoping this satisfied the alpha. This is simply what she had been taught and from experience. Many of the females in her pack had trouble giving birth due to the horrible positions.

"I'm a quick learner as well if shown what to do, it isn't hard for me to catch onto something." she knew this was all just words, but if she could show her what she could do Liz knew she would see. Actions spoke louder than words and she knew that to the bottom of her core.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

04-11-2020, 10:48 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

The Spirit listened quietly as Elizabeth gave her answer, one ear twisting slightly. Had the girl missed her indication of the positioning of the hypothetical pup? She’d clearly stated it as being across the womb, rather than breech of paws first. However, the young wolf’s explanation was sound, and Aurielle added gently, “A light dose of Valerian would also help the mother with her nerves at such a complication in her labor. A lubricated, blunted, sanded down stick could also be implemented with great care to push the child back in the womb and give both the contractions and the pressure from the healer outside a chance to shift the pup into proper presentation.”

Such an application of skill would likely prove less risky than a wolf’s paws or jaws.

She glanced to the sky as she hummed thoughtfully. How to test a wolf in Navigation… For now, she said, “If you will walk with me, I can give you an overview of our laws, our ranks, and our customs. It won’t be as in depth as I can make it, but it will give you an idea of whether this is truly the place in your heart – one you can see yourself striving to be better and make better within – without giving away too much of our information should you wish to look elsewhere. Forgive the caution.”

She stepped beyond the wall and took to striding amicably along the outside of the border, waiting for the girl to come abreast as she began to speak, first of the laws, then of the ranks, and then of the customs. As she had said she would, she kept the descriptions vague but serviceably understandable—The Healer’s Circle, the War Circle, and so on.

She finished with, “If you join but are not sure of what Circle you desire to run in, then you will be ranked as an Outlander, until you’re chosen or make your choice. And in the meantime, I can find a way to test your skills in navigation.”

They’d reached one of the more northern-facing passages in the wall by the time she came to the end of this explanation and she stopped to face the girl, ears pressing forward as her head cocked. “So, are you willing to stay and obey the laws of this pack?”

Her expression was not unkind, but instead carried the same intensity that her father was known for.

Elizabeth

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
04-12-2020, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 10:10 PM by Elizabeth.)
Elizabeth didn't realized until after that she had gotten too excited. She had looked over what Aurielle had said but still she did think the answer she provided was good given her experience. Though the alpha did her one greater and Liz couldn't help but have her eyes wide. She never thought of that! She did suppose her family had though that after they did what they did, there was no choice. Not to mention the lack of trees where she had come from so sticks and branches were not always readibly available. She would take note of the lesson though, something to be proud of as considering this too was an Adravendi and exactly what she had been looking for. She tried to tone it down if she was too excited she wasn't going to be able to listen to her fully. It was then that Aurielle explained that she couldn't give too much away something she understood fully.

"No need for me to forgive, you try your best to protect what you have. I'm familiar with pack structure, at least one.... My mother was queen of a pack called Montra two seasons journey from here. The pack fell and I came here - I'm happy to listen to the information that you provide." Having to navigate to Boreas was a challenge. Although she was more of a healer than anything but her skill secondary hadn't been polished until she was forced to use it in order to get her family here.

There was a certain sensation to being accepted into the borders of a pack. Liz never had been granted this feeling but now she did. As she stepped in beside the strange and beautiful alpha she shivered a bit. Feeling in the air, these lands she could call home and she was happy about that. "Oh test my navigation! Nobody has ever... asked me that before." she admitted. "At home we were told implicitly the only concentrate on what we were good at and we could only be good at one thing. Mine was healing." even though she loved the stars and what the world had to offer - navigation came in handy when searching for herbs - she was forced to concentrate on her studies as a healer via her father.

When Aurielle asked if she was officially ready Liz stood tall her tail raised. "I am! Ma'm. Loyalty is of the utmost important to me and has been a part of my family. My mother requested that I seek out family upon her death and I have found it. Where to go I will follow. More over, wherever Valhalla goes I will follow." betrayal was something she hadn't even considered. Liz did not make decisions feebly or on a whim. She had thought about this recently.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

04-21-2020, 04:31 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

Aurielle listened to each of Elizabeth’s answers, digesting them as they came. The young woman was determined, she could see that. Thus, as settled into her decision.

Turning to fully face the Adravendi woman, she studied her as she spoke calmly, “Then you are welcome to join. You will be ranked as Flame. I expect you to meet with Paladin, as he is our most experienced healer, and work hard.”

Paladin would be able to bring Elizabeth fully up to date with any herbs she wasn’t familiar with, although all those she’d listed in the little theory test had been ones Aurielle herself had heard of.

She set herself a note in the back of her mind to find a way to test the woman on her navigation. Perhaps this would be the first wolf to walk in the Messenger’s Circle. She stepped aside with a flick of her tail, nodding inward at the territory.

“Feel free to explore and get to know the pack. I have several duties I must attend to.”

With a dip of her muzzle she turned and glided away, beginning her patrol for the day.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Elizabeth

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
04-21-2020, 05:55 PM
Elizabeth was met with a feeling of success. As such she was excited to share the news with her sister when she got the chance. Though she did know Kaizer had said she'd join her but Kaizer always had her own decisions bubbling in her head. Liz would think about it later. A Flame! The name itself filled her with pride and determination. This beautiful wolf had given her a home and a purpose again. Of course Aurielle was busy Liz nodded her head.

"Then I will get a lay of the land and contact paladin when I have for training. Thank you! I will work hard." Liz dipped her head and began watching the spirit wander off. The name fit her perfectly, as Liz turned around she jumped up a bit happy as could be. Now... where did she want her den and where to store her herbs.

-end-