size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
KatG2

The Ooze ParticipantValentines 2020Critical Fail!Trick 2019
04-15-2020, 02:07 PM
With a fat rabbit in her jaws Poem returned to the den that she now shared with her poorly sister. Seeing Motif the way she had when she came back awoke a protectiveness in the yearling girl she didn’t know she possessed. Whatever Motif needed, Poem was determined to provide it for her. She needed help in more ways than physically, but a full belly seemed like a good place to start. She was working hard to put weight back on her litter mate.

Never the best hunter, Poem was forcing herself to learn. She had to. Their temporary home came into view, and Poem was reminded of her own conundrum. When they returned to their home would her mother’s den still be standing? did she want to resume living in the place of her birth or would the memories be too painful? Shaye’s loss.. Epitaph’s disappearance…

She shook the sad thoughts from her mind. She couldn’t be anything but completely focused on Motif. Poem could let the emotions overwhelm her when she was alone. Hopefully Mo was still asleep when Poem pushed through the entrance and placed her kill near their breakfast nook. ”Mo?” She asked softly, enough to gain her attention if she was awake but not loud enough to wake her if she was asleep.

Motif

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

Trick 2019
04-15-2020, 02:46 PM
It was both a sweet and painful thought to consider Poem as a motherly type. On one hand, no wolf could ever replace what she had lost. On the other, it was good to feel protected and safe again. She believed in Poem, who had come for her, found her, and released her, no matter the cost. Poem had proven she would keep her safe. Without her sister, she didn’t think she would ever feel anything like safety again.

She startled a little at her sister's voice, for a moment in two places at once. On one hand, she remembered the taunting voice of Deathbelles daughter, but reality brought her back, and it was her real name that was spoken. It was just Poem. she was safe.

She blinked open her eyes and looked to the familiar creamy tones of her sister. She offered her a very reluctant smile, the expression feeling funny on her muzzle. “He Po” she returned softly.
[Image: IdzUBSO.png]

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
KatG2

04-15-2020, 04:51 PM
Poem missed her mother everyday, but she didn’t once blame her sister for it. She may have taken the guilt on herself but Poem didn’t put it on her. Taking care of Motif came naturally to her, especially with the additional weight of carrying Shaye’s spirit. Even if she wasn’t here physically anymore Poem had a piece of her beloved mother always. When she was taking care of her sister, especially when Motif smiled a certain way, she could feel Shaye there with them.

Motif stirred violently, Poem made note to be even more careful about waking her sister the next morning. ”Good morning, beautiful.” She offered softly as she moved to where Motif lay. With a gentle nuzzle she offered unabashed affections as she encouraged her sister to her feet. ”I brought breakfast.” She offered, giving her another smile and moving back to the rabbit she’d hunted at daybreak.

Motif

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

Trick 2019
04-15-2020, 05:03 PM
She blinked sleepily at her sister, pulling herself from the furs - also supplied by Poem - and snuggled into Poem’s side. But Poem wanted her to her feet, so she pulled away and got up, shaking out the last dregs of sleepiness and nightmares. “What time is it?” she asked softly. She often lost track of time and days. Everything seemed to bleed together since she had come back, since her mother had died.

“Thanks Po” she said softly, offering her sister another partial smile, as she nosed the rabbit. “Have you eaten?” she asked softly. She didn’t want her sister to go hungry because she was supplying Motif with food. The girl knew she wasn’t doing a fantastic job of living her life. She was just sorry Poem had to deal with it.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
KatG2

04-15-2020, 05:40 PM
Motif snuggled against her sleepily, but Poem was awake and not ready to go back to sleep. The day was progressing, and her sister would do better on a schedule. She was trying to rouse her roughly the same time every day, and limited their naps. ”Its mid morning.” She replied easily as she led the way over to her meal. ”You’re welcome,” Poem would do whatever it took to see her sister into health and happiness. ”Not yet, I’m not really hungry though. I had a big dinner.” She wasn’t lying, and she wanted Mo to have her fill. ”Eat what you want and I’ll finish up.” Poem offered smiling, trying not to remember all the times Shaye had said those words to the pair of them or Epitaph. ”Think you’ll be up for a patrol after our meal?” She asked carefully, not wanting to push her too far but still needing to get her out of the den and in the fresh air. Exercise and oxygen.

Motif

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

Trick 2019
04-15-2020, 05:58 PM
Motif gratefully took the rabbit, she was hungry, even if a lump lived permanently in her stomach, a lump of emotion that she didn’t know how to work through. She ate slowly, working through the motions of chewing and swallowing, and digging around the bones. She was careful not to make too much of a mess on the pile of straw that lined the bottom of their den.

“Sure Po, if that's what you want” she agreed, putting aside the last bits of the rabbit for Poem to eat at her leisure. Motif got to her feet, and stretched quietly. She padded to the entrance and peered outside, blinking in the sunlight. The thought that this was Shaye’s pack struck her, and she quailed. It was her ma’s anymore. Motif wasn’t even a princess. She was just another wolf in the ranks. Her mother was gone, and she would never see her again. The world was not fair.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
KatG2

04-15-2020, 06:30 PM
Poem smiled as her sister devoured the meal she’d provided for her, she hadn’t quite found her way back to her healthy weight. Her sibling was determined though, and she pledged by winter she would have a thick layer of insulation for the cold season. As Mo began to finish Poem stepped up to take her fill of the last pickings. She cracked and ate a couple of bones and picked the rest of the flesh Motif left her. She licked her lips as she finished and looked back up to her sister as she stretched languidly.

”I would. I always enjoy a walk with you.” She tried to smile as Motif moved to the entrance of the den. It wasn’t hard for Poem to pick up on what she was thinking. What they were always thinking. Without hesitation Poem moved closer to Motif and huddled close, feeling the loss as keenly now as she had the day it happened. She just hid it, for Mo’s sake. She had to be strong for her sister. Still, she wasn’t immune to the pain and it was all too easy to bring it to the surface, as could be seen in the misty look her eyes took on.

”What would you like to do?” She asked softly as she nuzzled into her sister’s scruff. To give comfort as much as she needed it herself.

Motif

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

Trick 2019
04-15-2020, 06:43 PM
Not one to disappoint her sister, Motif would push past the lingering sadness, and turn back to the entrance of the den. Poem was there in a heartbeat, physical and emotional support as Motif looked out at the world beyond. She remembered hunting lizards, and running through the long grass with Cannival. Or plotting revenge against Noir whenever he was mean to her sister.

“What happened to Verse, and Noir?” she asked suddenly. Some part of her had known that Theory was the last of her litter in Abaven, but with the death of Shaye, it had all gotten tossed to the side. She hadn’t gotten to know Verse, and never likes Noir, but it made her sad for Theory’s sake. She had lost so much more of her world. She had lost a mother twice, and all her siblings. They all had their dad, and Motif had Poem. she was struck with the sudden desire to tell Theory that she was their sister too. Shaye had adopted her, and she had been one of them. She had begun to sleep in their den after her mother had gone missing. Shaye had been her mentor, and she had as much a claim to Shaye as the rest of them. The three sisters were all that remained of Shaye.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
KatG2

04-15-2020, 07:14 PM
They shared a childhood filled with wondrous memories. A time that felt like ages ago, when they had been innocent to the world and all of its horrors. When life had been easier and their biggest problem had been how best to stick it to their grimy brother. Poem hadn’t really expected her sister’s question. She stopped hiding then as Motif sought out the truths of their world. ”Noir left during the eruption. No one’s heard from him.” She couldn’t believe that he was dead, after everything that happened between them, how he’d tried to push her into the thicket’s fire…

”I haven’t seen Verse in a long time, about the time of the eruption as well.” She offered sadly. No one really talked about them, it was too hard to say what was likely the truth. That the volcano had claimed them. She agreed internally with Motif’s inner thoughts. Theory might as well have been their full sister. They were the three descendants of Shaye. If not in body then in spirit certainly. Poem took up her mother’s weapon and armor, Winter had taken to looking after Motif, and Shaye’s feather, the one that had been given to her by their grandfather Shai, was now tied on Theory’s fur. Shaye truly did live on in all three of her daughters.

Motif

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

Trick 2019
04-15-2020, 07:28 PM
They vanished during the eruption, her sister explained. The same one that had helped well she had been 'safely' far away. She had thought her parents dead when she heard about. Her whole family, gone in one instant. No, just some of it. She hadnt been close to those two siblings, but it would be wrong not to miss them. Shaye would have told her to forgive them.

"I think... I think mum had intended to train you as heir, and me to support you. Life got in the way, and I dont begruge theory taking your place. -Do you?- " the question was a quick, startled one as through she hadnt considered it until that moment. She didnt give her sister a chance to answer straight away. Motif was worried if she stopped she wouldnt be able to finish her declaration. "I want to support Theory, and I want you to be with me, too. I want to be one of the best warriors Abaven has ever seen. To protect Throry, and this pack, and you. I dont want to be helpless any more."

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
KatG2

04-22-2020, 08:10 AM
The yearling would sit quietly with her sister for as long as she needed. Besides Rhyme, Motif seemed most heavily affected by their mother’s death. Poem felt the sharp pain daily, she wanted her mother to return to them more than anything else in the world, but she knew it was impossible. She was gone, and they were left to continue on and pick up the pieces. They could only hold tight to their memories and the lessons that Shaye had instilled inside of them. Poem felt tears prickle in her eyes as she moved closer to her mother’s spirit. She grit her teeth as she held her sorrow in and leaned more heavily against Motif, seeking comfort for herself.

”You’re right. Mother wanted to see the two of us lead Abaven at first.” She said quietly, the emotions filling her voice. She wanted to cry forever, but her tears would not bring her mother back. She could wallow in her sorrow until the end of Boreas itself, and Shaye would not return to her. ”I’m proud of Theory.” She said simply, did she think that she could have led Abaven as skillfully as their sister had through tragedy after tragedy? ”I don’t envy her position, but I want to be here for her. She doesn’t deserve the heavy weight she’s looked to to carry.”

Poem felt similarly to her sister, she wanted to be someone that Theory could count on, she wanted to stand strong beside her and Motif and tell the world to think twice before coming after the three sisters. ”I’ll help you.” Sh epromised as she nuzzled into Motif’s cheek. ”I’ll stand beside both of you,we’ll make Abaven stronger than its ever been.” She promised as she wrapped her slate and ivory legs around Mo’s shoulders. ”We’ll do it together.” She, Theory, and Motif would bring Abaven back stronger than ever before.