Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
Ice Bridge ExplorerWealthyHomebodyDouble MasterExplorerVolcano
1KTreat 2019
04-19-2020, 05:41 PM
Tyrian roved over the Range in search of Fireside's newest member. After making sure Mint had been taken care of, Tyrian had given her the night and most of the morning to settle in. Now that the sun was at its zenith he felt he had kept his distance long enough. It was time to show her around and answer any questions she may have thought up since the last time they'd talked.

He strolled through the Range and let his gaze rove lazily over the scenery. In his mind's eye the place was rife with livestock and the assorted necessary paraphernalia that came with it. Fenced off areas and lean-tos. The works. He promised himself that someday it would be real and true. Someday they would have so many critters they would need those things. But! Not today.

The young king rounded the barn and then stopped to snuff at the air. Mint was around here somewhere. The grounds around the old barn were full of old buildings. They ranged from sheds to sunken in carports to what may or may not have once been an outhouse. All but the last made for decent sleeping so Tyrian thought she may have set up shop somewhere close by. He called softly, "Mint?"
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Mint

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
04-21-2020, 09:11 PM

Green eyes fluttered into view beneath heavy black lashes. The babe woke as a breeze swept over her. Being woken up from wind was something she was fairly use to but with time she'd be determined to build a proper den. It was a shed that had been worn down by time. The elements did a toll on the wood but somehow there was still enough structure to allow a roof and four walls. She'd eventually need to cover the many broken bits. The roof being of primary concern. But, all of that would come with time. Somehow Mint would need to balance her personal projects as well as her overall ambitions.

As she silently planned out her ideal home a call came forth from the distance. A supple smile played at her lips as she stood. After briefly shaking out tired limbs the crimson babe trotted towards the young King. It didn't take long for his massive form to come into view. Upon closing the distance to just six or seven tail lengths Mint lowered her head into a polite bow. After only a moment she raised her head and eyed him with a curious yet fiery gaze. "Good morning, my King." Her grin was playful and her expression flared with amusement. Was it time to get aquainted with her new home? Or did he just want company? Either worked for her. "Did you sleep well?"

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
1KTreat 2019
05-01-2020, 03:10 PM
Being addressed as 'my king' was just the sort of ego boost he could get used to. Damn it was nice on the ears. Tyrian returned her playful grin and dipped his head in a regal bow that was only slightly exaggerated. "Milady," he teased back. The word rang lamely in his ears, but there was no taking it back. He could have kicked himself and he wasn't sure why. It didn't matter too much if a joke fell flat or rang hollow once or twice, so why did it feel like he'd lost an opportunity somehow? The strong need to impress someone was relatively new to the boy so he was baffled by the way his heart raced. Sure there had been times growing up when he'd wanted someone to like him, but this felt different. Like there was more at stake. He was going to have to do some serious soul searching later to figure this one out.

"I did but I think that's a question I should be asking you," he said with a laugh. "I hope you found everything alright and the Range treated you well. There's this family of skunks around here that have taken it upon themselves to police the place and I guess I'm hoping if you saw any of them they didn't give you too much trouble on your first night." He was only partially kidding. Not only had Righty, his companion, inherited her mother's mischievous nature but so had every one of her litter mates. The Range was now rife with snarky, bullying skunks.
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Mint

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
05-01-2020, 09:41 PM

Mint let forth a gentle laugh as he offered a 'Milady' in response to her use of 'King.' She could sense his nerves but the babe did not think his retort was lame. It brought a true smile to her lips as those light green eyes washed over his form. The young leader's expression made her grin even more. It made her think about how it would feel to rule a pack at such a young age. Figuring out yourself and your pack at the same time. Mint hardly had her own life in grasp let alone others looking to her for answers. Maybe Tyrian was born with a mind for leadership.

The mahogany babe listened to the males explanation with a raised brow. With a tiny wrinkle of her nose she displayed distaste at the thought of Skunks governing the range. She looked around curiously before allowing those mint green eyes to settle on his visage.  "I will not stand for such shenanigans. My mother once told me of a few ways to ward off Skunks... I will have to remember the herbs she used and put a barrier around my den." Mint did not like the idea of her new den being ransacked by the stinky creatures. She had plans to rebuild and make the wooden structure into a proper home. There was no time for set backs like skunk stench or thievery from the sneaky things.

Mint then cocked her head to the side, "May I request a tour? If you aren't too busy with your Kingly duties that is." A smirk replaced the smile as her tail swished playfully.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
05-09-2020, 04:57 PM
Tyrian bit his lip. Boy was she in for a surprise. The skunks patrolled the Range like a small, smelly mafia. Lefty, the matriarch and his father's nemesis, was a shrewd little thing. They were lucky she wanted nothing more out of life than to win small victories over her wolf neighbors. "I would be very interested in learning these tricks sometime," he said with a laugh. "Anything to give me an edge in this fight."

She asked for a tour if he wasn't busy and Tyrian replied teasingly, "Oh, I think I can make time for that."  He then glanced around trying to decide on the best course of action. "Shall we? We're starting at what I think is the most fascinating place, honestly." The young king used his head to motion towards the barn before walking towards it. "This thing has been standing for who knows how long - and it's made mostly of wood! Like to joke that nothing but sorcery is keeping it up at this point."

He stopped in front of one of the barn's massive doors. It was cattywampus and hanging by the upper hinge; the bottom one having been busted by who knows what. The red and white paint had long since faded leaving curly flecks of pale pink and yellowed white here and there. Still, Tyrian was enamored with the structure. It hinted at great creativity and he found it inspiring. "Sometime I'd like to fix it up. Something this time-tested and spacious could be really useful."