Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
05-01-2020, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 07:17 PM by Aurielle.)
Aurielle Adravendi

They’d traveled well together, and Aurielle found that she’d been quite enjoying the tall male’s company. The majority of the journey had been sharing small stories about their lives, though thus far it was mostly her own life.

On occasion the restive nature of her season would take over, and she’d find some way to lead Red into a foot race or mock spar to rough out the energy before she was able to keep moving without wanting to sprint flat out or find some labor work to satisfy the restlessness. She’d thought she’d learned to handle it, but this year it seemed almost hellishly bad.

It was full dark by the time they reached what she hoped to be their destination. It was huge, bigger than any structure she’d ever seen. “I’m not sure we’d even be alive by the time we managed something like this…”

She was close enough to the great wall of the castle, a paw brushing the stone. Her fascination was on par with how Red had been when he first encountered Valhalla’s wall… a wall that seemed much smaller now that she stood by this monument.

Around the base and into a courtyard, and she gazed around with awe before grinning back at the man. “Where do we even begin? There must be so much to learn from this place.”

She gazed at the towering heights, and finally, she uttered softly, shifting to her family tongue, "Déanann sé mac tíre mothú beag. Shíl mé go raibh an oiread sin bainte amach againn, ach tá an oiread sin le déanamh fós."

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Red

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (55)

Intermediate Hunter (50)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Trick 2019
05-13-2020, 06:01 PM
Despite the pleasant company, and the interest of their new surroundings, despite even the races and playfights Aurielle contrived as a distraction, Red thought the interminable journey would never end, and his usually boundless nerves were stretched thinly by the time they came upon the castle. Not by spending time in close proximity to a female in heat - he'd spent enough time living around sisters and cousins, aunts and such that he was perfectly capable of ignoring the scent of heat and wasn't much bothered by the little itch in the back of his mind reminding him. No, it was just plain nervousness, thinking about the bundle in his pack, thinking about what he wanted to say, thinking about... everything. So he breathed a silent sigh of relief when the castle walls loomed over them and the wait was over.

He too, tilted his head back to study the wall hulking over them in the darkness. He gave a rumbling chuckle at Aurielle's initial comment. "Humans had the advantage of hands and long life spans," he said. "We must be content with what wolves can craft, but knowing what they were capable of fuels imaginations and allows us to push our own limits."

He watched her silently while she studied the castle with aw, his own gaze soft upon her, until she spoke. "Níor shábháil sé seo na daoine," he remarked in the same language, forcing his gaze to the castle instead, though he stared through it as his mind took him far away. "Sháraigh siad iad féin, agus sa deireadh scrios sé iad."

He shook himself til his bristles rattled, then smiled over at Aurielle, a glowing form in what was otherwise darkness. "This mighty works are not what is truly important in life, and while we learn from them it is important that we do not lose sight of that, as they once did."

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

05-13-2020, 07:12 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

Her ears cocked toward the man as he spoke, a soft hum of amusement given in answer to his first remark. Yes… it certainly did push her to consider ways to improve the wall, at least. Tall enough to see for a good long while at least… forewarning against attacks, or simply to see a good friend coming and be ready to greet them.

Her paws led them toward the steps that beckoned into the Castle’s depths, eyes roving over the many features. " Fíor ... Cé ... tá sé chomh aisteach nárbh fhada gur imigh siad, agus fós ní bhfuaireamar go leor comharthaí díobh níos faide ná mar a d’fhág siad ina ndiaidh. Cuireann sé iontas orm ... conas a d’imigh siad as radharc? Fágann muid ár gcnámha inár ndiaidh nuair a fhaigheann muid bás."

She mused thoughtfully, brushing past a rose bush that still held several flowers, releasing a soft scent on the night air. There were places where the integrity of the castle had failed, often where it looked as though there had been a wing added here, a room added here. It seemed especially prevalent where the shaped stone was, instead, brick.

Eventually she found a balcony that looked out, far out, over the plains they’d crossed, over the courtyard, and well toward the eastern shore of Auster. “Whoa…” The reaction came out in a breath, quiet delight escaping her with a sigh.

She cast a grin at him over her shoulder, adding, “I won’t ever lose sight of the important things. But I sure will enjoy the view.”

Speaking of important things… she did want to get to know him better. She’d grown to deeply trust him, and while she hadn’t opened up to him in the respect of the bottled up emotions she carried like a storm waiting to erupt, she knew that if she did, she could trust him. Even knowing as little about him as she did, even though they’d shared stories and little tidbits about themselves by way of amicable chit-chat on the long trip down here.

Which also reminded her. Twisting she dug through one of the packs until she pulled a wrapped package out and nudged it to him. “I’d like you to have this.”

Upon investigation, it was a beaded necklace, the cord glowing and unmistakably from the mane off her own scruff. A moonstone hung front and center, flashing blue fire under her light, but pale white when untouched by a light source. Beads and animal bones and fangs line either side, marks of his ranks among the Circles.

It was a promotional gift, and a gift of something more. Was it silly that she was afraid he wouldn't like it?

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Red

Loner

Intermediate Hunter (50)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Trick 2019
05-13-2020, 09:43 PM
Red tilted his head in acknowledgement of her words, and followed as she moved to explore the structure. He let his gaze rove the stone halls and architecture as they made their way along, but always it returned to Aurielle, and with it a smile.

She stepped out onto a balcony, spilling a soft blue glow over stones and casting bleak shadows. She gazed out at the view with an expression of delight and awe - he saw quite clearly, because his gaze rested on her rather than the landscape, and a soft half-smile curled the corner of his mouth. "It's a beautiful view," he agreed.

He paced up beside her as she twisted to reach inside her pack, and he raised his brows curiously. When she nudged a package his direction, he threw back his head with a booming laugh that echoed off the castle behind them. "That's funny you say that," he said in amusement as the echoes faded. "Because I have something for you as well."

Before he even considered reaching for what she'd slid to him, he shrugged out of the makeshift pack on his pack and, pushing aside his other tools he carefully pulled out the rabbit skin wrapping he'd carried so carefully all this way, and set it before her.

Inside could be found a set of hair combs carefully carved from walrus ivory he'd traded for and carved not just the curved teeth into but also careful designs in the old Celtic style, inset with roughly polished moonstones interspersed with smaller fire opals. It had taken him forever to figure out the best way to keep them in, but he'd found that insetting them into a drilled crater with warmed resin would hold them in well enough. Long fringes of suade were tied through a hole on each of the combs, removable but not so easily that they'd be lost as they swung, and each fringe was beaded with more of the semi precious gemstones. They were meant to be worn to keep her hair back, and were just formal enough to be pretty without the embarrassment she had clearly gotten from the headdress she'd worn at the festival.

He positioned the gift she'd given him in front of his own paws, then paused, glancing expectantly at her with a smile.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

05-13-2020, 10:13 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

She was oblivious for the moment, to the fact that he wasn’t looking out at the land but in at her when he remarked on the view. Too busy taking it all in. But she was surprised by his laughter as she presented him his gift.

That head of hers cocked slightly with curiosity as he admitted he’d brought her something as well. Whatever she’d expected, what it was stole her breath. Not only because of the simple beauty of them, but because she knew he had no companions with nimble hands. Unless he’d bought them as they were now, he’d made these.

The stones glinted under the light she provided, and her eyes welled as she recognized the darker stones. For a moment, she so very, very deeply missed the mother of her early puphood. Solveiga had loved fire opals, and her father had always regretted not being able to locate some for her.

There was a lot more husk to her voice as she looked at him, uttering a soft, “They’re beautiful, Red. I don’t know how I can thank you.”

A soft plip on the floor of the balcony brought her eyes down and, in a far back corner of her mind, she had to laugh and admit that, well, at least her tears didn’t glow. But even through those tears, the smile on her features was happy, breathless with how much the combs meant.

She did eventually giggle softly and give him a mirroring expectant look with a pointed, teasing glance down at the gift she'd given him.

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Red

Loner

Intermediate Hunter (50)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Trick 2019
05-20-2020, 04:26 PM
Whatever Red had expected - and he had carefully told himself not to expect anything - it had certainly not been tears. He straightened in alarm, certain he had done something wrong... but she smiled at him, and he smiled back uncertainly. Not knowing about her mother's love of the stone he'd chosen, he had no idea why she had reacted with tears but she didn't seem to be upset with him over it so he simply inched closer to press his shoulder against her in support.

When she threw a meaningful glance at the package she'd given to him, he moved back to put a paw on it again, but made no move to open it just yet. Instead, his expression turned serious, almost pensive. "When I had to leave my family and my home," he began slowly, "I never thought that I would find someplace I loved as much as I did my homeland. But Valhalla feels more like a home to me now than any place I have ever been... because of you."

He tried to continue, and words failed him for a moment before he swallowed and continued hoarsely. "I have never felt for another being the way I feel for you, Aurielle. I love you." He braced himself, staring searchingly into her eyes, an uncertain furrow in his tabby-marked brow.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

05-20-2020, 07:35 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

His side pressed into her shoulder, and she soaked in the provided support with a sigh. When he didn’t open the gift, though he did rest one big paw on it. That pensive look from when he’d asked her to come here with him was on his face, and she listened as he felt his way through what he had to say.

Most of what he said to begin with were things he’d spoken of before, and she smiled softly, hoping that others would feel the same way— “Because of you.”

Come again? Her?

Was this what love of this kind felt like? He wanted an answer, certainly, and her eyes dropped away as she thought, though her smaller form leaned into him. She’d had long enough to consider everything with Amos. She’d realized that had he stayed; she may well have solidly fallen in love. It had already begun.

She turned her mind to the times with Red, and in general since he’d become a part of Valhalla. She trusted him with her life and… her heart. She must have inherited her father’s oblivious nature after all, because now, with context… he’d been telling her his heart for seasons now. A crooked smile touched her lips, amused at her family’s tendency for blindness to the best things.

He was still waiting, and she looked back up at him, a sure smile on her features. "Cén fáth go bhfuil mo theaghlach chomh dall lenár gcroí go dtí go gcuirtear ar oscailt dúinn é?"

There was a deep warmth, which was her usual tone with him to begin with, but she hesitated before lifting enough to brush a soft kiss against his muzzle, testing the waters, and looking within for some answer. It was like a click of a puzzle piece falling into place.

It was sure, it was true, and she didn’t hesitate with her answer. Especially when her own body was clamoring its agreement, too. And dear gods, was that fierce…

"Tá mé i ngrá leat freisin. Níor ghlac sé ach é a chur os mo chomhair chun é a dhéanamh amach. De réir cosúlachta ritheann sé sa líne."

She didn’t want to wait, now that she knew what this was... But she still held back nose pressed into the fur at his jaw, eyes watching him for some response.

Red

Loner

Intermediate Hunter (50)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Trick 2019
05-31-2020, 09:57 AM
Red let out a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding, though judging by the ache of relief in his chest when he did he must have been holding it for quite a while. And the light headed feeling. He reached over her shoulders with his muzzle, seeking to tuck the much smaller female close against him with a vast gentleness and return her hesitant with a lingering kiss of his own. He brushed one paw along her glowing shoulder, smoothing the fur there and watching the moonstone sheen across it. "Will you marry me?" he asked gently. "I don't know how your people do these things, but I would give you the honor you deserve." He brushed his lips over her own muzzle softly, coaxingly. "Ba mhaith liom teaghlach a thógáil leat, mo ghrá is fearr."

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

05-31-2020, 10:16 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

Oh dear. She’d gotten the birds and the bees drilled into her at a young age, but the puppy-friendly (if frank) descriptions of how it actually felt were worlds apart from the reality of the reaction. She was pretty sure she’d be tingling from ears to tail for a year at the simple act of his embrace and pawstroke. It was a good thing she was sitting because her legs would have buckled otherwise with the shudder.

Marry him? Was there any other answer but yes? Not for her. But she pulled herself together enough to grin – a little shudderingly – up at him. “I’ll marry you and do it over again a thousand times. You’ll have to tell me how weddings go where you’re from…”

She trailed off with another shudder at his coaxing, and the warm breath of his words over her muzzle. She was practically purring in her answer, stretching up to press her lips to the base of his ear and whispering, "Agus níor mhaith liom a bheith sé bliana d’aois agus mo chéad bhruscar a bheith agam. An mbeidh tú ag damhsa liom, a Chroí?"

Much of it was instinct, something ingrained into her through the generations. The soft brushes and touches and breaths of warmth into his fur, an invitation to dance. An invitation to make a future.

-Fade, gosh dangit! Fade and run for it!-

Red

Loner

Intermediate Hunter (50)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Trick 2019
06-02-2020, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 10:34 AM by Red.)
Red grinned at her like an idiot in relief at her acceptance of his proposal. "You make me the happiest man alive," he informed her giddily. He'd been sure of his own feelings for a while now, but he couldn't be certain she'd felt the same way. "We can do it however your people do weddings," he said. He couldn't seem to stop smiling. "This is my home now."

She pressed closer then, and he felt a jolt of electricity run through him that made his pelt crackle and his breath catch, then release on a rumbling chuckle. She was making it clear what she wanted, and he allowed himself to breath in her scent as he had been too gentlemanly to do before, feeling the warmth of her body against his. "Mar a dhéanfaidh tú é, a ghrá," he whispered into her fur. A life, a family, a future.

-fade-