size
Large
build
Medium
player
Res

Christmas 2019
05-07-2020, 07:29 AM

Though the young man had been doing much better, there were still times when he needed to go off on his own just to think. To clear his head. The water was a little cooler than usual due to being winter, but it wasn't entirely unpleasant. The obsidian and snow lad sat on the beach, allowing the gentle waves to curl around him on each ascent. He was looking better. No longer as emaciated as he had once been. Corvus had given him hunting tips and he was with Twig all the time, so his skills had increased. He was eating regularly. His once dirty, dingy coat was now coming in soft and silky. It gleamed in the sunlight filtering through the cloud cover above.

He missed his parents, whom he barely knew. He missed Shaye even more. He was glad though to have Twig. The little wolf had stepped up and had taken control of him like a mother. He was sad that his brother's hadn't been as easy to bring back into the fold. He still held out hope that they would come back some day and that they could be brother's again. For now, they were just strangers.

"Chatting." & 'Thinking'
[Image: s5aYTNb.jpg?3]
Aunt Twig may enter any of Beat's threads while he is underage.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
KatG2

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
05-13-2020, 01:23 PM
When Rhyme wasn’t with Samara he was doing what he could of his pack duties. Patrolling mostly, the physical exercise helped to keep his mind on the straight and narrow. He was still fragile but had made it leaps and bounds when it came to recovering from the loss. Rhyme had trouble forgiving himself for his shortcomings more than ever now. He couldn’t change the past though, no matter how much he willed it. There were others in the pack who felt the same way.

The once alpha found himself on the trail of Beat, Vail’s son and Shaye’s nephew. Rhyme hadn’t been able to be there for those children either, who seemed to have nearly all disappeared after losing their surrogate mother. Rhyme had almost gone himself. ”Beat,” he greeted softly with a grin that had only recently returned to his life. ”You look well.” He observed, praising the boy and his accomplishment of health.

Beat

Loner

Advanced Hunter (105)

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Res

Christmas 2019
05-23-2020, 03:36 PM

His solitude was soon broken by the approach of Rhyme. Beat didn't know him very well, but he did know him. For a moment, he was reminded of those that he had lost, but he pushed it away, forcing a smile. The smile grew genuine as the big man complimented him on his improving health. Beat nodded. "Thank you." He remembered Rhyme being unhappy before, and rightly so. They had all been broken by their losses. Rhyme looked happy now. "You look happier. I'm glad."

Not really knowing what to say, Beat absently cleared his throat and let his gaze roam over their surroundings. He wasn't sure if Rhyme wanted to talk about everything that had happened to both of them or not. He wasn't sure that either of them wanted to open up those wounds. Perhaps though... in the end it might help them both.

"Chatting." & 'Thinking'

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
KatG2

06-05-2020, 12:43 PM
At one point Rhyme was loath to let Eulogy out of his sight, after he got her back he hadn’t wanted anything to happen to her again, but then the eruption hit. He tried not to think too heavily on what might have been if he had a little more focus on his sister at the time. If he would have been able to keep her safe and within Abaven’s borders. But he wasn’t to know what could have been, and he had to live with the present. What else might he have been able to prevent had he been more present? Could he have helped Vail’s children too? Thinking about the what ifs was almost worse than reality. ”Thank you,” Rhyme offered in return with a grin on his features.

His own gaze followed Beat’s as he looked out over the horizon awkwardly. Rhyme didn’t need to put too much pressure on the yearling, but he did genuinely want to see where he was in life. He was Shaye’s nephew after all, and Rhyme would happily help to look after the boy now that his senses had returned to him. ”Are you settling back in alright?” He questioned lightly, the boy looked good sure but that didn’t mean everything was sunshine and rainbows. ”I know you’ve been through a lot,” they all had really. ”If you ever need anything… I’m here for you.” That went for all of Abaven’s youth, but he wanted Beat to know it.

Beat

Loner

Advanced Hunter (105)

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Res

Christmas 2019
06-23-2020, 09:36 AM
Rhyme asked if he was settling in and Beat nodded. "I'm living with Aunt Twig. She's been taking care of me. Reminding me to eat. Corvus is teaching me how to hunt." He couldn't hide the excitement on his features. "He helped me kill my first deer!" It had been a glorious moment. Twig had the skin in her den as a keepsake. He was very proud of that.

"My brother's... I don't even know where they are. That bothers me. I just hope they're alright." He worried for his siblings. If he had come back from the brink of madness, then he was sure that they could as well. "If they could see that things can turn around, maybe they would be happier too. I don't know..." He trailed off. That area was a whole mess within his mind. It was one of those thought trails that he could lose himself in and he never came out whole on the other side.

Rhyme said that he was there for Beat and the boy smiled, offering a small laugh. "Thank you." Ah, but where had he been before? Where had they all been? Beat tamped those thoughts down. That was another rabbit hole to go down and he didn't want to. Not one bit. He was happy today and he was determined to stay that way.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
KatG2

06-24-2020, 04:10 PM
Maybe it was corny to say it but Rhyme was glad to tell the boy that he was here for him. They could train, or just if he needed someone to listen. With both his parents gone he had to look to all of Abaven for guidance. That was proving true in his words, he lived with Twig and Corvus was teaching him to hunt. Rhyme grinned as the boy told him about his first kill. ”Ah, excellent job, Beat!” The boy followed up about his brothers and Rhyme offered a supportive glance, ”I do too.” His words were soft.

Rhyme wasn’t a stranger to family disappearing. Noir, Verse, even Tana had disappeared at one point. He hadn’t heard whispers of any of them, but he could only hope his kids were thriving wherever they were. ”You can’t do much more than hope. Maybe here soon we could go out and search for them.” He offered quietly, and maybe he’d get a hint of his own missing offspring. ”You’re welcome, just remember you’re never a bother to me.” He assured him a second time.

Beat

Loner

Advanced Hunter (105)

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Res

Christmas 2019
07-11-2020, 01:44 AM
The boy smiled at the much older wolf. It was... nice. Nice to have someone with years inquire about him. It was nice to know that someone cared. "Thank you," he said again, truly meaning it. Now that the initial bit of awkwardness was out of the way, Beat genuinely appreciated Rhyme's intent.

When the man told him that he was never a bother, Beats ears tucked back against his skull for a moment. He was so underdeveloped. He always felt like a bother. He didn't even like asking Twig for help with things because he felt like a burden. It would be rude to turn the offer away. Besides, he was trying to be a better wolf, right? "I appreciate it. And if you ever need to talk, or just.. I don't know... be around someone for a while? You can come to me." There. A good exchange. He felt... peaceful about the whole interaction. It was a strange feeling, but not unwelcome at all.