size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Witches HutSilver Medal 20201K
05-28-2020, 11:56 PM
set right after the meeting

As soon as the meeting was over and Magnus was sure Sirius or someone else didn't need him for something, he was quick to set off and get a lay of the land and follow the borders so he was familiar with the route. The sun was warm for the winter day, yet the breeze was quick to remind anyone of the season. Although snow failed to really reach this part of the south, one couldn't forget the bitter chill of the nights and the occasional flurries that often melted as they touched ground. That didn't mean it wasn't cold, perhaps he just couldn't feel it much with the sun warming his dark back. Maybe had his back been white and repelled the sun, he'd feel less warm. Regardless, he was neither too hot or too cold, but the breeze was refreshing nonetheless.

The tall grasses brushed his coat and left stragglers hanging onto his fur, but he hardly cared. If anything, the snagging of his fur was a bit annoying, but he pressed on and continued his journey around the packs borders, wondering if he'd find anyone else doing the same, or just doing their job really. He was almost certain everyone else knew this place better than he, so he was better off familiarizing himself with it right now rather than later. Though, if a task had been assigned to him, that's not saying he wouldn't do it... but with his free time, better be to familiar than lost.

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2020

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
05-29-2020, 12:10 AM
"Border patrol is a good place to start," the one eyed, armored woman came up beside the new recruit. Her voice was a rasping growl; the product of damaged vocal chords. The ash and onyx dame had seen him leaving and, on the off chance that he was a fighter, decided to introduce herself. Black backed ears flicked forward. "I am called Resin."

With a pull of her skull, she motioned for the man to follow. She was doing rounds as well. "Not only does the Armada hold the Tall Grass Plains, but we hold the Sea's Plains as well." Scarred paws pounded rhythmically on the well worn path around the border of the territory. It was obvious that the big woman did this often. "It's good to have many scents along the border. It shows that we have many keeping watch. We're always on guard."

The cool breeze ruffled the fae's thick, obsidian mane. The hefty crocodile armor creaked periodically with her movements as she kept a steady pace. "No doubt Sirius is the one that welcomed you into the pack." No one else was able to do so other than his wife and she was in short supply. "What is your place here? Your skill set?" The scared brow above her missing eye arched as she questioned him.
[Image: GreYdcM.gif]

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

05-29-2020, 12:26 AM
being vague about the aftermath of his thread with sirius testing his abilities

Although he was rather enjoying the peace and quiet of walking alone, he wouldn't have minded company. He only knew Sirius and one of his children, Mortis. He'd seen others at the meeting, three other kids maybe? What a handful. He thought, although he never turned the idea of kids down himself. He'd never tried to settle down and start his own family, but the thought was always there in the back of his mind. It would probably have to stay there, too, unless someone out there liked snakes for a husband. Smirking at the thought, he wondered what others thought of him, though he hardly cared. If only he could read minds; it'd make everything a whole lot easier.

The womans raspy voice didn't startle him, but he wasn't exactly expecting it either. He glanced at her when she came up beside him and introduced herself, but didn't slow his pace any and kept moving alongside her. "Magnus. Figured I'd be better off familiarizing the land before much else." His steps fell in time with hers, though it wasn't hard for him to keep up by any means. She mentioned the other territory, where he'd met Mortis and failed at fishing before him, and he nodded slightly. At least he knew the places names now, but it seemed pretty obvious. He probably could have guessed if he thought about it.

"The exercise is what I crave; killing two birds with one stone." He smirked and kept his eyes ahead of him even as she continued and questioned his place in this pack. Sirius had already tested his abilities the morning after he arrived, but he wasn't against showing anyone else if they wanted a go. "I can fight." He assumed by the womans size and obvious scarring that she fell within the same skill set, and maybe that was why she had followed him out here.

"Speech!"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

05-29-2020, 12:44 AM
The Reaper ceremony was over with. Malalia had been chosen. Though she was proud of the girl, she couldn't agree with Sirius' decision. If he and his mate left the pack for a time, the fate of their land was to be left in the paws of a child? Resin hasn't entered the competition. She was getting too old for such things. Plus healing from the broken bones of a bear attack still left her quite sore at times. Really, she should have entered. Then she would have been absolutely sure that her family would be well protected. Too little, too late. What she could do was continue to train the fighters in the pack. Turn them into warriors. That was where Magnus came in

The man admitted that he was a fighter and Resin nodded. "I assumed as much. It's my duty within the pack to see to it that everyone has proper battle training. Proper armor and weapons as well if that's your desire." Armor wasn't for everyone. It hadn't been something that she had desired until recently. "I don't need to tell you how a pack works, but this one is different." Lifting heavy forelegs, the grey dame dove expertly over a felled tree. "All would give their lives fighting for a single wolf. We're a cohesive unit and we need to remain as such." Yeah... she was almost always this serious.

"Do you have any questions?" She would be honest with him. It was good to have a wolf with more years under his paws. She was surrounded by younglings, but Magnus couldn't have been much younger than she was. He was certainly older than most.

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

05-31-2020, 12:26 AM
He wasn't surprised when she said that she was in charge of everyone's training; she looked well built for the part. Although armor and weapons had never been in his mind before, it wasn't something he was entirely unfamiliar with. Although the grade of armor and weapons was by far better here than he'd ever seen, many from his homeland adorned various clothes and things, including armor when necessary. Magnus was young then, too cocky to care much for protecting his flesh then. Scars told stories, reminded you of your wins and losses to make you stronger... but he was getting older now and as much as he loved fighting, he also wanted to live through it.

"I've never considered armor or weapons before, but warriors live to fight and protect, not die." Her serious tone didn't bother him in the least, and his matched. While he might be sarcastic a lot, he was hardly ever not serious. When she asked if he had any questions, he paused and mulled it over a bit, wondering a few things but only settling on one.

"Why a child?" Referencing back to the meeting minutes ago, he glanced over at Resin then to see if she even had an answer. If only he'd been here earlier... then that rank might have been his.

"Speech!"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

05-31-2020, 12:40 AM

Hearing that Magnus had never thought of armor before brought a chuckle from the big woman. "Nor have I until recently. With my age and the extensive injuries that I've sustained, however, it seemed as good a time as any to start wearing it. Resin gave a shrug indicating the crocodile armor that she wore. "I crafted this myself fairly recently. Killed the reptile as well. If you'd like, we can sort out some type of armor for you in the future. There are many skilled wolves here."

She had asked if he had any questions and she was pleased when he stopped to think about it. Eventually he asked after Malalia's age. "The girl is a very quick study. She holds great promise." A slight shrug was given. "Not many entered in the running for the position, myself included." She was getting too old. The younger generation needed to take control of things.

"Speech"

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

05-31-2020, 01:14 AM
Listening as she spoke, mentioning the armor and how she'd hunted for it and crafted it herself, he took a glance at it as they walked and studied it momentarily. Thinking back to the clothing those from his home wore, this was much different and clearly built better than anything he'd seen before. If the other wolves here were really that great at it like she had mentioned, maybe he one day would be good at it too... or just look good wearing it, that was okay too.

"I would like that." Although he wasn't sure what exactly he wanted, he had time to figure it out later and wouldn't think too long on it now. When she carried on about his question towards the girl, he still didn't understand. It seemed better to rise the older woman into the rank than a child still learning, but since it didn't seem to bother Resin, or anyone else at the meeting, he let it roll off for now. He'd have to assess this girls promise on his own to trust the rest of their judgement; he'd never seen her train before. Maybe she really was good, or maybe she was just the best they had at the time.

"Fair enough, I just hope she can hold up to the task while she's so young." If not, maybe he'd have his own chance one day. He certainly hoped to rise through the ranks and find a purpose here, he just prayed it was sooner rather than later. He didn't want to be a student for long.

"Speech!"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

05-31-2020, 01:24 AM

She could hear the doubt in his tone and she couldn't blame him. "I understand your doubts. Were this my pack instead of another's, I wouldn't have made the same choice. Not because she's lacking in skill, but because she's lacking in experience." As she loped along, the woman would once again give a light shrug. "Experience will come. As long as she isn't too proud to lean on others when she needs, Malalia will grow into the position." Of that, she had no doubt. In saying that she would not have made the same choice, that didn't mean that she wouldn't have chosen Malalia. She simply wouldn't have given her such a weighty position right out of the gate. She would have been Reaper in Training. But, again, this wasn't her pack. She would do all that she could to bolster the girl's skill and confidence so that, if the situation did arise where a Reaper was needed, she would be ready. If anything, Resin would stand in herself, if necessary.

They were coming along the edge of the Tall Grass Plains. With a motion of her skull, Resin directed the attention of Magnus. "There is the Alabastrine Shrine. Ashen lands. They are our sister pack. We are welcome there just as they are welcome here. Since you're knew and they don't know you yet, if you wish to explore the Shrine or the Islands, it would be best to notify them first." The grey and black woman had thirsty paws. They always wanted to be on the move, so she often found herself exploring the various places in the four territories.

"Speech"

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

05-31-2020, 02:05 AM
Remaining quiet, he listened while she continued to speak of this girl assuming she'd sensed his doubts. He still held doubts, but she was right. She'd grow into it, he just hoped she wasn't needed before then. He was new, and he couldn't do anything else but have his doubts. He did plan on assessing her himself though, even if the only weight it held was with him. Not being one to form opinions on others based on someone else's opinion, he needed to see for himself. He didn't doubt that she was promising, just perhaps not ready. If it were his pack, it would have definitely been done differently, but that he would certainly keep to himself. He wasn't going to question Sirius' way of leading, at least not right now. It wasn't his place.

The subject changed however when they'd made some more distance, directing his attention to the lands of the pack they were fighting for. He hardly had any intention of walking in uninvited, but kept it in his mind just in case. Hopefully soon the scent of the Armada would mesh in with his own scent and it would help should he ever find himself a little too close to their borders. "I'll keep that in mind."

"Speech!"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

05-31-2020, 02:15 AM

The woman's formerly shattered leg was beginning to ache. She had run the border twice yesterday which was more than she had been doing. She would not be able to continue around the perimeter of Sea's Plains. She hoped that he would continue on himself though. In the short time that they'd been loping together, she'd learned a bit about the man. He was cautious. He didn't accept everything laid before him without understanding it. He questioned things. Resin appreciated that.

Slowing to a stop, the one-eyed dam gave her armor clad body a shake. "I'll let you continue on. My den borders the Weeping Woods if you have any questions or if you need a place to sleep. There are extra rooms." With her sister missing, there was more than enough room. The den was spacious. Too spacious with only herself and the young pup Dunkan living within.

"Most mornings I'm at the barracks in Sea's Plains. I hold training sessions and spars for those with a desire to better themselves. Perhaps I'll see you there." With a nod to the man, the older wolf started back towards home at a much slower pace.

"Speech"

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

05-31-2020, 02:38 AM
When she slowed to a stop, Magnus did the same. Although he had his own den near the fire pit now, it was awfully empty and surprisingly lonely. He might take her up on the offer to sleep in one of the rooms of her den, though, if the offer would still stand later. For now, he'd rather not impose. Although offered, he felt it might be kind of strange sharing a den, even in separate rooms. He kept it in the back of his mind though, for if the loneliness didn't wear off. He figured he could get along well with the older woman, and perhaps learn some things from her as she mentioned running training classes and spars at the barracks. He'd definitely find himself there soon.

"I'm sure you will. Thank you for keeping me company." He smiled at her then and watching her leave for a moment before continuing on the borders, patrolling and familiarizing. Afterwards, he'd find himself a meal and maybe settle down for a rest after the run.

"Speech!"