gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
06-01-2020, 08:55 PM

Torin had taken some time to consider what it was his daughter had suggested and he had the intent of making sure she got the chance to try her hand at both healing and hunting. And while since they didn't have any dedicated hunters then teaching her would fall to him. He knew what he needed to do first was asses his daughter and her abilities. Something he feared he'd neglected helping her develop.

So it was that Torin sought out the small girl, his mind running through his ideas as he tracked down his daughter's scent. Maybe a stalking and tracking exercise? He could make good use of the river, maybe even move beyond the pack lands? These thoughts swirled around in his head as he walked.

"Silent Treatment" & Deep thoughts

[Image: jBaYOuX.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Aryn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
Valentines 2020Treat 2019Christmas 2019
06-02-2020, 03:04 PM
The willows were one of Aryn's favorite places to spend her free time, sheltered beneath the low handing trees and playing with the frogs as they leapt from lilypad to lilypad. She lay at the edge of the water, her nose nearly touching the surface as she mentally willed a nearby frog to hop onto her muzzle. At the sound of her father approaching the frog fled, hopping beneath the water's surface with a soft plop. The yearling looked over her shoulder to see who had come, standing to greet her father once she'd caught sight of him. "Dad!" She greeted happily, her tail wagging slowly behind her. "What're you doing here?" Her father was a busy alpha, she didn't expect to see him casually walking the willows.

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
06-15-2020, 10:36 PM

Torin spotted his daughter, her back turned to him but he didn't even get a chance to call out to her when she turned, rising to her paws. A sweet call left her lips and Torin knew he'd never get over his children calling out to him like that, it was like pure concentrated sunshine. It helped to banish the lingering pain of his father's passing, the constant ache of his missing wife and child.

Still, he managed to summon a smile, a real genuine smile, though it wasn't particularly big. He leaned down to nose this daughter's head. "I was looking for you." He said gently. "I figured we should test your hunting skills if you're thinking about pursuing that path." This time he flashed his daughter a wider grin, it was a bit childish but the idea he'd landed on felt like getting to play with his children again. "So I figured we'd start with tracking and sneaking. I'm going to get you to close your eyes and count, I'm going to make a trail and you'll have to follow the trail I make and try to sneak up on me as close as you can."

I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Aryn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
07-03-2020, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2020, 06:01 PM by Aryn.)
At the mention of the path she was wanting to pursue, Aryn's smile began to falter. The very idea of it was frightening, to have to track some poor animal and kill it was something she had no idea if she'd ever be able to do. Aryn was unable to admit this weakness to her father however, and with his nose to the top of her head he likely did not notice the change to her expression.

The yearling was careful to ensure her bright smile had returned when she looked up at him to reply. "It sounds hard, but I'll try my best." She promised. To help her pack in whatever way she could was all Aryn wished for, and she knew it'd make her father happy if she could succeed in this path. Her eyes slid shut and she lifted a paw to cover them to ensure she wouldn't peek. "OK, I'm ready." Aryn announced, her heart beginning to pound hard in her chest.

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
07-06-2020, 11:21 PM

Torin was totally unaware of the shift in his daughter's mood, he was pretty sure at the very least the exercise could be a fun game, a way to recapture the way he used to play with his daughter. Aryn nodded and closed her eyes. Torin grinned. "Alright count to hmmm... 25?" He tried to work out how long he'd need her to count. Then swiftly turned on his toes, almost instantly he moved to walk into the water, eager to see if she could track him through context and not totally have to rely on her noes. The man walked through the water a bit, brushing his legs against the banks from time to time but not offering any easier trail to follow.

Once he was certain that he'd walked through the water long enough he hopped out on the opposite bank he'd gotten in from and started to wander through the pack lands, his ears perked. Torin walked slowly, as quietly as he could so as to minimize his own sound, he kept his mind on seeking out the scent or sound of his daughter's approach.

Aryn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

07-29-2020, 03:35 PM
Aryn did as she was told, squeezing her eyes shut and counting to 25 under her breath. She was not the type to cheat, so she counted to 27 just in case she'd been too fast in any of her pronunciations. When she was sure her father was ready, she let her eyes slide open. "I'm coming now!" She called out, though she remained where she was for a few more moments to take a few deep breaths.

Feeling more centered the yearling started forward, realizing with confusion that his scent trail seemed to disappear immediately. Almost as if he flew away. Aryn glanced around, but could not see any pawprints in the mud either. The water was shifting slowly, the lilypads she'd watched the frogs upon having been pushed a little further then she'd remembered from shore. He must have went through the water then, and Aryn started back forward again with a careful eye to try and see another clue as she waded into the pond.

It was much more difficult to find where he'd left the water, and Aryn found herself needing to check the banks multiple times before she'd found one with a bit more puddling water then the others. Gouged into the mud were the claws of a wolf, and she put her nose to them to try and identify if they were her father's. The scent was faint, but there. She followed onwards, looking uncertain as she moved deeper through the territory. Her ears perked to listen, her father's scent too strong cross crossed around the pack lands to follow in a straight line. If she could hear him she'd have a chance.