size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022Critical Hit!Beevent1K
07-03-2020, 02:16 AM

Paws pick their way through the tall grass, happy that they are bringing her closer to her family. It has been long, too long, since she has been back. Meadow cannot help the excitement that bubbles up into her chest and spills out into her steps. They almost dance as she moves, carrying her ever closer to them.

Resin and Iolaire. Oh, how she has missed them! While she was away, every morning she had woken up and thought of them. There was no worry for them, she knew they could take care of themselves and, if they could not, Sirius and Zee could.

A smile crosses her maw as she thinks of her Alpha’s. They had always shown her such kindness and Meadow is forever grateful to them. That is one of the reasons she had wanted to go catalog all the bugs and small creatures she could find for them. Meadow always wants to be useful and that had seemed like a good use of her skills. Add to the mix a sudden yearning to explore and that is why she had found herself before Sirius.

It had been a chilly winter morning when she had approached Sirius and posed the idea of her leaving to catalog. It had been a hard conversation for the small female because, while she wanted to go, there was a part of her that did not want to depart. Only afterward, when she was far away, did Meadow come to fully appreciate that morning talk.

After he gave his permission, Meadow packed her bag and bid farewell to her sister. Something stopped her from telling Io. Instead she asked Resin to pass along a message for her. It was mushy and sappy, full of tears and even a couple corny sayings; but it was everything that she had such a hard time telling Io face to face.

After giving Resin the use of the ox pelt that Sirius had been so kind to gift her and making sure that everything was taken care of, Meadow had left. It had been difficult, the first few months but she reminded herself often that she was doing something to benefit the pack.

Heart thunders in her ears as the small wolf approaches the edge of the Armada territory. Nose picks up the scent marks and Meadow comes to a stop. Suddenly, her throat is very dry and she almost doesn’t know what to do.

Swallowing thickly, she tilts her head back and calls for Sirius. ‘Please be happy to see me’ is the mantra that she keeps playing in her mind.

"Meadow"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
07-03-2020, 03:10 AM

Sirius Fatalis

It had been a long while since he had seen Meadow last. The petite healer had wished a journey of self discovery, and Sirius had granted her the request. She was still his wolf, just one out exploring the world. He allowed his name to protect her, and did not know when she would return.

It caught him by surprise to hear her voice at the border, and he realised she had come home to them. He released his stance, kicking the sand back into place, covering the markers he had used for training. Stretching, he fell into an easy trot, and made his way to the borders.

He found the familiar sight of Meadow there, and offered her a smile. She had returned, whole and well, to them. Io and Resin would be pleased. “Welcome back, Meadow”

"Speech"

Meadow

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

07-03-2020, 11:09 AM
Heart hammers away in her chest as she awaits the arrival of Sirius. Truthfully, she had not expected to be gone for so long but time had slipped away from the carefree wolf. Days had become months and by the time she had found her paws turning in the direction of home… well, it had been too long.

Watching intently for the approach of the Alpha, Meadow feels butterflies take flight in her stomach. However, she has little time to think of the building anxiety or sudden fear that she might be turned away, as her eyes find Sirius. Relief washes over her as he approaches. One step closer to being home.

A smile breaks across her face as she sees his own smile and her tail starts to wag from side to side. Head bobs its thanks as Sirius speaks and the smile grows. A part of her wants to rush up to him and embrace the big wolf but she holds herself in check. He probably would not like it and she did not want to offend him.

Instead of hurrying forward, Meadow stands in place and says, “Thank you so much! It is so good to be home.” A thought strikes her and she asks, “Is everyone doing well? I have missed you all so much. Are Resin and Iolaire alright?” Her mouth often runs away from her and, in the excitement of being home, has found her talking more than she probably should.

With great effort, she keeps herself from telling Sirius everything she did and saw while on her travels. Right now might not be the best time to share. Instead, the small wolf asks one more thing, “Can I come home now?”

"Meadow"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
07-03-2020, 05:53 PM

Sirius Fatalis

He chuckled at the girl's excitement, taking a step back, as through to invite her onto pack lands. “They are both doing very well. Io has found a mate in Roan, and Resin seems to enjoy my son calling her grandmother” Meadow’s family was very much his family, and by extension, Meadow was also. He might not know the girl as well, but his protection extended to her.

“Of course Meadow, you're already home” he teased, walking forward to put an arm gently over her and steer her back into pack lands. There was a shyness to her that Resin and Io did not seem to share. He would make the effort to make her feel at home.

"Speech"

Meadow

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

07-03-2020, 09:59 PM
The chuckle from Sirius has her smile growing and her tail wags a little faster. When he speaks of Io, Meadow’s eyes grow wide at the news of her finding a mate. A genuine laugh bubbles up and out when she hears about Resin being called grandmother. Her happiness is boundless at the news and she finds herself bouncing in place. Excitement laces each word as she says, “Iolaire has a mate? That is amazing! And Resin has always had a soft side.” A look of worry flits across her features and she adds, “But don’t tell her I said that. She has a reputation and all.”

Letting out a nervous chuckle, she thinks of what might happen should word get back to Resin. Not that her sister would do anything horrible but the thought of Meadow somehow hurting her sister’s hard-earned standing made her worry. With a sheepish grin and a wink, Meadow says, “But that will be our secret. Right?” Another laugh falls easily from her lips.

When he teases her about already being home, tears sting her eyes. They are not from sadness, but the fact that it is sinking in. She really is home. Beaming now, even with watery eyes, she waits as he moves forward. When Sirius puts an arm around her, she sinks into the touch, reveling in the feeling of belonging once more. The smile falters for moment as she looks up at him but it shines all the brighter when it reappears.

When Sirius starts to steer her back into pack lands, Meadow moves, heart lifting with each step. After a few moments, she looks at her alpha and says, “When you have time I would love to tell you what I saw! And maybe you could tell me what I have missed?” There is a small pause before she adds, “Oh! I almost forgot to say, congratulations on being a father!”

With joy glittering in her eyes, Meadow makes her way back into the pack lands.

"Meadow"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-04-2020, 11:29 PM

Sirius Fatalis

She was quick to latch on to his words, excited for the happiness of those she loved. That was something he could respect about Meadow. She might not be a fighter, or strong to defend her decisions, which were the type of wolves he normally surrounded himself with. No, she wasn’t either of those, but she loved, and loved fiercely. It helped that those she loved were also wolves tightly wrapped around Seer’s heart.

“I’ll keep it between us” he chuckled, walking beside her as they crossed into Armada territory, and continued along through the plains. “Your den is untouched, and I believe Io has kept it cobweb-free” he continued conversationally, and then was caught by surprise at her next words But of course, she had been gone long enough that she had not even met his children. They were such a part of his life now, that he had not even considered it. “You’ll have to meet them”

"Speech"

Meadow

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

07-05-2020, 10:17 PM
As she walks beside Sirius, Meadow feels her fears falling away. When Sirius says he will keep it between them and chuckles, the smaller wolf finds herself giggling. A dip of her head and Meadow says, “Thank you! I really appreciate it.” She feels better knowing that the secret is safe with the bigger wolf.

When he speaks of her den and the care Iolaire has put into it to keep the place cobweb free, she smiles warmly. While Meadow tries to live by the philosophy of ‘live and let live’ spiders have been one of the creatures that is harder to ‘let live’. It is so considerate that Io took time out of her day to clean something that she knows bothers Meadow.

With a small laugh, Meadow says, “I will have to be sure to give Io extra thanks for that. You see, cobwebs and I have never gotten along well.” Chuckling softly, she looks at the bigger wolf when he talks about meeting his children. Meadow says, “I would be honored to meet them. I just hope… that they like me.”

Meadow knows that she is no warrior. Neither is she a fighter. To her, at least in her own eyes, that makes her weak. However, what she lacks in those areas Meadow makes up for in her ability to care for others. With a little love and a lot of care, a wolf can be anything they want to be. While the small wolf may not be strong in her belief of herself, she believes intensely in others.

With a bright smile on her face, Meadow says, “Thank you. For everything. And I promise I will do anything I can to be useful to the pack.” She listens to the words that come unbidden from her lips and knows that nothing will stop her from proving to her alphas that she is of value. Because, even with all her faults, Meadow just wants to belong.

"Meadow"