An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualIce Bridge Explorer
07-11-2020, 01:05 PM

What a beautiful, unusual place this was! It was like nothing she'd ever seen before, but then again her entire experience so far since the moment she'd stepped foot on Boreas was that these lands were completely different than her homelands. Not that they were better, simply different; but that was why she'd come here, hadn't it? There was so much about this world she needed to learn still and she was eager at the prospect of all she had to experience yet.

Night had long since fallen, though the lands were hardly what one would consider dark. The moon stood in full view overhead, the dark blue night sky interspersed with millions of brightly twinkling stars - but more than that, the lights that streaked across the sky were what really lit up the night. The northern lights were in clear view, a brilliant display of greens and blues, ebbing and flowing as if pulsing with life. Kiela had seen dozens of these displays; they were relatively common back home, but it'd been many months since she'd seen such a sight and she was comforted by the spectacle. She was so enthralled with the sight that she very nearly missed the display that was going on beneath her own paws, though out of her peripheral vision she caught a sparkle of light beneath the ice.

Curious, she slowed her pace as she headed across the frozen lake. Idly the oversized woman swiped at the ice, clearing a small area to peer down into the ice below. Beneath her feet, it seemed as though a different kind of world was alive in the ice, the blues and greens mirroring the view above. Small particles of light and color danced deep below the ice, moving to their own rhythm, oblivious to the world above. It was a beautiful sight - so beautiful, in face, that Kiela was even less aware of her surroundings than usual.

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - AsexualDouble Master
Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
07-11-2020, 03:05 PM

Lúta had been away longer than she planned and by the time she headed back towards home it was already dark. She picked her way southward toward the gorge where she'd made her home, cutting across Kennocha Lake as she went. Moonlight flickered along the surface of the frozen lake in concert with the northern lights, quietly ebbing away the hurry that pushed her onward. Lúta slowed her pace, pausing to look skyward, taking in the sights. This was why she loved the north. There was such beauty locked away in the harshness but only those with patience would ever see it.

Lúta turned her gaze earthward to start the journey again when she spied a large woman not far off, pawing at the ice. As she did the ice beneath her seemed to glow. Lúta cleared her throat before approaching. "How are you doing that?"

Kiela

Loner

Expert Intellectual (120)

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualIce Bridge Explorer
07-14-2020, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2020, 05:13 PM by Kiela.)
This world was such a beautiful place. No matter where she went Kiela was able to see beauty in her surroundings, and in a place like northern Boreas it wasn't hard at all to find beauty in.. well, everything. So far these lands were nothing at all what she expected, in the best way possible. Part of her had worried she might want to return home, to things familiar to her, but it was growing increasingly obvious that these lands had plenty in store for her - and she hoped she had s much to offer them in return. By the time fall came, though that was quite far away still, she intended to be properly herding her reindeer and ensuring they were ready for a potentially harsh winter.

But until then? It was her self-appointed duty to familiarize herself with the terrain and learn as much as she could about this place. Only time and exploration would give her the right direction, and until then she was content to explore freely. Right now she was fully entranced on the colors both above and below. Since she'd seen northern lights before (though they were always quite a sight to see), she'd was focused on looking down, having never seen such a thing before. She was so engrossed on the ebbing colors that she hardly noticed a stranger approach until it was too late to feel prepared for it.

Her movements were slow and cautious as she turned around to face her. Though there was no real hint of fear in her stiff posture, she was visibly guarded, as she always was. For a second she stared, trying to discern what the stranger's intentions might be - but she was equally as distracted by her coat, which was more colorful than any wolf she'd seen before. It was hard to say now whether the glowing orbs beneath the ice were the most distracting thing or not, but quickly she regained her composure as she spoke.

The mere prospect of her being responsible for the sight below her paws, earned a low but genuine laugh from Kiela. The sound was one that was rarely heard from her, and sounded odd even to her own ears. "I.. do not do this," she explained in her heavy accent, wishing she'd found more people to speak with lately. She was unaccustomed to the language here and she hadn't gotten much better at it since coming to Boreas. "It is beautiful, though," she added awkwardly. Conversing was hardly her strong suit but she knew it was necessary. Kiela stepped aside, as if encouraging Luta to come see a bit closer, stepping away to make a comfortable space for her if she chose.

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - AsexualDouble Master
07-21-2020, 05:46 PM

The stranger let loose a gently laugh and stated that she was not causing the color to happen. Lúta cocked her head at the woman's heavy accent but try as she might she couldn't quite place it. Well, at least she wasn't the only one far from home. "Well, it certainly is fascinating!" The woman stepped aside and Lúta padded forward. She leaned out and sniffed the ice before placing her own paw upon it. The ice lit up with a rich blue glow, just like it had for the other woman.

"This is so strange. I wonder what is causing this. Some sort of spirit mischief, perhaps?" She glanced up. "My name is Lúta. I'm from far away. How about you?" She felt a little awkward as she tried to start a conversation with the stranger.

Kiela

Loner

Expert Intellectual (120)

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

07-28-2020, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2020, 08:08 AM by Kiela.)
"It is," Kiela agreed, her voice low and calm, though not without a hint of audible warmth. It was refreshing to meet others who appreciated the world around them; Kiela cared more for this sort of thing, for the lights in the sky and these strange colors beneath the ice, than she did for the affairs of other wolves. It was nice to know that there were others who appreciated such things, too. She too cocked her head and watched with interest as Lúta placed her paw on the ice, the luminescent colors beneath her paw reacting and swirling about unpredictably. The sight really was like nothing she'd ever seen before, ebbing and glowing with unusual colors and light that were as different from the northern lights as they were similar.

Her assessment earned a rare but quite genuine grin from Kiela. "Or maybe, they are spirits, trapped under the ice," she suggested instead. As far as she knew, the wolves in these lands did not believe in the multitude of spirits that inhabited this world... but it wasn't something she could know for certain about every wolf, and she wasn't about to go around asking, either. Getting to know others was one thing, but pressing them on their beliefs was another, even if she was quite willing to share hers. "I am Kiela Jarvela. Also, from far away." So perhaps she wasn't the only newcomer to these lands - that was good to know. "Though I hope... these lands can be my home." She wasn't sure she had the words to explain her purpose more clearly: to care for the caribou here, to ensure their survival and thus to survival of the Jarvela as a whole. Maybe if pressed she might try to conjure them up.

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

07-28-2020, 08:23 PM

Lúta wondered about them being spirits trapped under the ice. "My mother used to tell me stories of beautiful wolves that lived below the ice. They would lure children to their deaths if they strayed too far from their parents." A child's story to be true, but she always found herself being particularly careful around ice. Now seeing those lights it really made her wonder.

The woman introduced herself as Kiela Jarvela. "There are some really lovely lands here. I hope to make them my home as well though I can't decide if I wish to join a pack or not. It would be nice to have company but it's not quite the life I imagine for myself. What about you?"