size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

Halloween 2020 - Witches Hut
09-09-2020, 01:58 AM
Having made the trip once before, he knew how to make the return journey to the Honoured Healers den. He did not need medical assistance, through he would be more then happy to have her use his body for medical practice or examples at any point she wished it. Asla allowing, of course. He strolled through the strange territory, meeting no other wolvws on the mildy misty day. He arrived with no incidents at the den, and found the wolf he sought resting on her deck. She did not like official titles or fluffy sentences. Alas. He was told he was allowed a personality, mores the pity.

He bowed deeply to the woman upon arrival. "Honoured Healer. You gave mention of potential lessons last time we spoke. I have little in the way of payment for your time, through I happy to provide services as you might wish them. If you have students that need to see the effects of certain types of injuries, my body is yours. If you can spare me any scrapes of your Esteemed time, I would consider myself beyond honoured." He said, not pulling out of his bow until addressed and/or permission given.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-09-2020, 02:26 AM
Io, dealing with nausea from her treatments, was laying on a pile of furs in front of her cottage. Approaching paws were the only thing that made her open her eyes. It was Basilisk, Aslas new friend. He immediately launched into formalities. Use him to explain injuries? What? He wanted her to hurt him to prove a point? Wow, this kid was fucked up.

Io waved a paw, simultaneously shaking her head. "Wait, stop." Piercing green and gold eyes stared at him hard. "Cut the formalities. I don't like them. I don't care if I'm the Warlords sister. I'm just Iolaire. Io for short, but don't call me anything else, got it?" Her temper was a little short today and it showed.

"Secondly, I'm not sure what sort of crazy upbringing you come from, but here we don't purposefully harm our packmates. Injuries get healed as they happen." Hurt him to heal him? Absurd! Her silver and snow brow still furrowed, she continued. "I'm glad you want to learn, but you've got to lighten up, kid."

Io shook her head once more. "Now, what do you want to learn? Any particular area of expertise interest you? Medicine? Gardening? Poisons? Medic training?" She was giving him options. It would be easier to pinpoint his strengths if he told her his interests.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Basilisk II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-09-2020, 02:35 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 02:42 AM by Basilisk II.)
"If it pleases you My Lady" he agreed as she warned him off titles. He had not received any painful lessons or punishments since coming here. He felt a strange sort of fearlessness. He would either receive punishment, which some strange perverted part of him missed. Maybe. ?
Or he would not. It left him in a strange place of freedom between servitude, and he wasnt sure what to do with it. Other then perhaps earn a good knock from the packs healer. At least it was likely to be an expert sort of knock, knowing the wolf body as she did.

He gave no remark on her jab at his upbringing, or the lack of living specimens to experiment on. That one left his brow furrowed. How did one perfec their craft without doing? And what better way to do then do both inflict the injuries and heal them. Perhaps he wouldn't be going into any details with her about some of the scars he sported.

"Im allowed to learn gardening?" Surprise. No, wait, did that sound too much like a slave? "Eer. Gardening sounds interesting to me, Ma'am, as would medic training, and the workings of the body" that was the foundation of his last lessons, and a good place to pick up from. He assumed. He said nothing on poisons, such knowledge would have earned him death.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

09-10-2020, 12:54 PM
Iolaire's eye twitched a bit. Rising from her place, she padded forward and placed her dexterous digits on the fleshy part of Basilisks left ear. "No fever, so you must be in your right mind." She then gave him a gentle bonk on the shoulder. "No 'My Lady' garbage. My name is Iolaire. Use it."

He seemed taken aback about the prospect of being 'allowed' to learn something. He kept throwing himself to the dogs. Iolaire had begun to suspect that the boy was not a simple guard. She couldn't see Aslatiel keeping someone against their wi... yes she could. Nevermind. Gold eyes rimmed in green narrowed slightly as she inspected the boy up close. He was big. He was fit. She could see a few scars under his fur.

Still suspicious of him, Io motioned for him to follow. She took him to the sweeping steppes of the garden and motioned to them. "My garden. If you wish it, I'll teach you how to make one just the same. I can teach you how to cultivate plants, transplant them, harvest, process. I can teach you the uses for each." She took a step back, letting him see himself alone in the garden. Dizziness and fatigue were hitting her again, so the dainty healer found herself sitting. "It will take time and dedication, but if you have an open mind, I can teach it."
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Basilisk II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-10-2020, 09:53 PM
He wasn’t sure what it was about Io. She reminded him of one of the no-nonsense wolves that had helped raise him when he had been a wee child. Such support hadn’t remained in his life for long, and he hadn’t thought they had held a lasting impact. But spending time with Io now… he could deny a desire to needle her.

He moved gently with the bonk, taking it on his shoulder without protest. He dipped his head again in agreement towards the older wolf. “Of course, Lady Iolaire” he agreed, a hint of rare fondness creeping into his tone.

At her indication, he got to his paws, and followed after the small wolf. She led him towards the trickle-down garden he had admired on his second day in the pack. The garden that gave him the idea that Io was royalty - and she had admitted to being sister to Sirius. He thought a small army of slaves must be at her disposal for the rich, vagrant life of her beautiful garden, and the cleverly built layout it thrived in.

He was truly touched as she finished her speech. She seemed to truly want to devote time and training to little old him. “I would be honoured Iolaire…. Ma’am” he tucked on at the end. He very carefully didn’t grin.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

09-11-2020, 01:01 AM
"The garden is free for everyone to utilized, whether it be for relaxation, herbs, or sustenance," the small woman began. "I only ask that you help care for it in return. Pluck weeds. Make sure everything is watered. If there's a plant that looks sickly, fetch me." She pointed to the top of the hill. "Up above there's a small pond for watering. There's also a compost heap beyond that."

Most wolves interested in plants and healing eventually wanted their own patch of land. Indigo had. Bird had. Why wouldn't Basilisk want his own as well? "If the tone comes that you'd like to cultivate your own garden, I'll help you with that as well. Or you could ask Indigo for assistance. Aslatiels brother. He's exceptional with plants." She'd taught Indy well.

Iolaire moved into the shade of one of the many trees that she'd transplanted around the garden. There she sprawled upon her stomach in the grass. Why was it so hot? She was already over summer. Perhaps it was hormones. Were the treatments working?

"As for training in healing, that's a bit more complex. We can start with basic wound care. Herb identification and whatnot." It was the standard approach and it hadn't failed her yet. Io raised one paw and kneaded her brow. "Could you get me some water, Basilisk?" She was really, really hot.

Basilisk II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-14-2020, 12:07 AM
She began to lecture, and he fell into an alert pose, his attention on her and the points she indicated. He glanced towards the pond, and the direction of the compost. She certainly had a very good set up going on. No sign of that army of slaves, however. She did say others chipped in, but they took as well as they gave. Was that really the secret to such a wonderful garden? Or was it Io’s expert paws at work? Mostly likely the latter.

He perked in interest at the mention of a brother to Asla. So far, he knew very little about her family life. He couldn’t deny a desire to find out more, but she wouldn't catch up prying the information from her Auntie.

Io moved to one of the shaded trees, and he began to follow her, until she requested water be fetched. He gave a shallow bow to indicate that he had heard, and moved off to do so. Fetching two small pails of water and a scrap of cloth likely for binding wounds. But, it didn’t look like anything that would be ruined by a little bit of use.

He returned to the healer, and placed one before her muzzle for drinking. The second he placed beside her, and dipped the cloth into it. Leaning over, he began to rub soothing, rhythmic motions of cool water across the back of her head.