size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Pride - Pansexual
09-28-2020, 01:12 PM

Okay, so Hyacinth was curious about this pack that was so clearly linked to the wild party he hadn't been allowed to attend. But he wasn't an idiot, well... okay so maybe he was but he didn't have a death wish, or the desire to lose his all so precious freedom. So instead he kinda just lurked around it for a few days after the party of no invitation.

He'd become a little bit enamored with the orchard during that time, all the food, shade and even some nicely fermented fruits the young man could want, today he could be found lounging under a tree, taking a moment to enjoy being away from the chaos of his siblings, even if he loved them with all his heart, sometimes a young man just needed time for himself...

Okay fuck that, when he was left alone he'd turn to his own thoughts and that was something Hyacinth could not handle. So the man rolled to his paws and started on a journey to find someone, anyone to help fill the silence.

"Talk" "Listen" Think

Bait

Somnium

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
09-28-2020, 02:19 PM

Most of Bait’s kind hunted in the evening, and that was all well and good.  Bait found keeping to a schedule boring as everything else in his breed’s stereotype. Bait had just recently found the sleeping spot of a possum.  It hadn’t ben a quick kill as the little brute once awake put up a decent fight.  However, Bait had made the first attack, and starting off with the other injured was a great way to win.

Bait was standing over his kill now, yanking out the tasty meat, chewing it with great lavish.  Every moment of life should be enjoyed, from lovely naps to romping hunts and of course taking up conversations with predators far larger than himself.

Speaking of which, as Bait was chewing on a tasty portion of his meal he spotted a wolf.  Bait had food in front of him, a wolf could steal his meal and perhaps it was some old instinct bred in that caused a desire to be possessive.  Bait shoved that impulse aside with his desire for fun.  Wow, good looker that wolf was.

Bait moved around to be in front of his meal, taking note of the various spots to rude and hide if need be before speaking up.  “The stars at night are humbled by your beauty, are they not?” Really, the wolves he met these days did keep striking especially brilliant looks. “Hello great wolf, what brings you out this way?”

Speech:"Life is but a game " Think

Hyacinth

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

09-28-2020, 03:10 PM

Hyacinth was certainly not expecting for the company he was looking for to be a fox. But as a voice reached him he found his gaze scanning for the owner, then turning down, down, down. Now Hyacinth was tall, the tallest of all his siblings so he was used to having to look down to meet the eyes of most wolves he'd met but not this far down.

But then again fox. A brow quirked as he realized who he'd found, as he drew in what he was saying. "Well I certainly don't make a habit of comparing myself to the stars, but I won't ever refut it." He said winking down at the small creature. "I've been hanging around here for some time, simply looking to satiate my curiosity and seeing what interesting faces I run into." He stopped and settled himself onto his haunches, still a respectful distance from the fox, especially since he wasn't eager to get his ankles nipped by a resource guarding predator. "What brings you out this way Mr. Fox?" He asked, unsure if he should lower himself further so he could be on eye level with the fox... would that be considered rude?

"Talk" "Listen" Think

Bait

Somnium

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
09-28-2020, 03:34 PM

Oh, this was much more the type of wolf he liked!  Wolves that enjoyed Bait’s charming words were almost always the most fun to play with. When the large wolf sat down Bait was polite enough to do the same.  As to manners between a fox and a wolf, well Bait made those up as the situations arose.  Since it wasn’t such a common thing it was only fair that the fox got to decide, right?

“You chose an excellent path.  I do so love meeting wolves and I sincerely doubt I will see another with such a wonderfully patterned coat!” Yup, it was laced with his natural sort of wonder that worked well sone and brushed off by the less fun variety.

“As to why I’m here,”  Bait looked behind him at the food with a meaningful glance and back.  “Any place with so much fruit is bound to  bring me plenty of food.”  Opening his mouth enough to show off a foxy grin, “I also like for things or others of interest to amuse me.  I grow bored with the mundane quite easily.  Wolves are clearly smarter between are two species, at least in that you like to gather in packs.  We foxes tend to have less to do with one another.  Shame, don’t you think? Hardly any fun and I believe every day should be about fun.”

Hyacinth

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

10-20-2020, 08:25 PM

Hyacinth couldn't help but chuckle at the foxes words. "You haven't met my siblings then." He winked. "Good ol' dad had some strong genes." That was more of an inside joke for him and his siblings, after all he was a bastard and still managed to come out looking like a pure-blooded Aracari. The young man nodded thoughtfully as he listened to the fox speak.

"Well I don't see why president should stop anyone. As for pack life, it doesn't suit everyone, me and my siblings are much more prone to roaming than being tied down." He paused for a moment then flashed the fox a grin. "Though if you're amenable to company then might as well introduce myself. Name's Hyacinth Aracari." He wondered if the Fox would return the introduction in kind, or if he'd be forced to keep calling him "the fox" in his head.

"Talk" "Listen" Think

Bait

Somnium

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
10-31-2020, 10:19 AM

Bait imagined he was missing the punch line at the wolfs first comment but could still appreciate a wolf who had a sense of humor. “I can certainly appreciate the desire to roam.  I enjoy having a main locale, a spot I can expect to find others to socialize with and always easy hunting grounds but roaming is still a must.  I might miss something interesting if I don’t travel farther off at times.”  Bait offered an understanding nod, which was fully true.  How could anyone curious as Bait ever truly settle?

“I go by Bait,”  the fox said with a beaming grin, so much pride in his own name, “though I have no fancy last name nor title to go with it.  A last name would hardly add to how charming my name already is, don’t you agree?”  His poor parents had worked at making him understand folly in dangerous games with the name, but Bait had found it something to be proud of.  “I would enjoy the company well, alone gets boring fast.  I imagine as a roaming wolf you must have plenty of grand adventures to share?”

Hyacinth

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

11-17-2020, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2020, 04:54 PM by Hyacinth.)

"Well Bait it's a pleasure to meet you." Hyacinth said nodding as the fox explained his name. Then he was left to ponder Bait's question, it wasn't that he hadn't had adventures, but there was something to say about how most of them required at least understanding the bullshit his siblings usually got up to, so maybe instead he should focus on something unique he'd once seen?

Hyacinth hmm'd as he leaned back, then his mind visibly landed on something and the young man smiled. "I don't know how much of this continent you've explored but have you ever seen the aftermath of a rockslide? Luckily it seemed the slide itself was old but when my siblings and I found it we basically were faced with a sea of rocks and boulders. The while side of the mountain looked like it had just fallen right off." He paused for a moment, rising to his paws to demonstrate his next point. "Some of the boulders were taller than even me..." Which he knew was an impressive thing to say, he was after all quite tall.

"Took us a few days to get out of the rock sea we found ourselves in, though that more to do with the uneven ground than anything else." Well and having to take shifts carrying cissy, who had been too short to get over most of the rocks in their path. "And what of your escapades Bait?"

"Talk" "Listen" Think