gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Halloween 2020 - Witches Hut
10-04-2020, 12:27 AM
Abby lounged within the shadows the fruit trees cast in the warm afternoon, settling into the quiet evening. Not literally unfortunately, for she knew she would just have to wait only an hour more until the crickets started their summer chorus, disturbing her momentary peace in the process.

The morning chores had kept her busy until noon, and the aches and pains still troubled her. She didn't mind it, but she certainly didn't like sleeping by the sheep, as well as the fact that she hungered for work she found more interesting. However, it was quickly established that the wolves of Fireside weren't avid readers, so the normal route of constant study was off the table, and Abby had no clue how to learn from practise without giving herself or other indigestion or worse.

Still, life could be worse and she had already promised herself to push through the hardships. The first few days are always the worst, so the only way to go is up. Hopefully.
[Image: Untitled_Artwork_4.png]

Abby is completely blind as of this thread. The curse will lift on the first day of winter.
Abby has a common brush tailed possum companion named Bell. She’s Abby’s guide dog until her curse is lifted. If she’s not mentioned assume she is close by/present.

Bait

Somnium

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
10-04-2020, 10:17 PM

Bait was keeping his meals to the fireside lands now so while he had spotted a perfectly good possum that was starting to stir in a low lying branch.  Bait had been tempted and watched it for a few minutes but then sighed and moved along.  If he was going to be killing off the ‘pests’ inside the wolves pack lands he shouldn’t fill his stomach out here.  So why come this way?  Bait found it simply a good spot for potential entertainment and to make sure he didn’t become too bored in any one place.

Well, if he didn’t get to hunt possum at least he found a wolf lying under a tree.  A wolf he didn’t know and surely needed to meet.  Even better now that Tyr had shared with the pack that Bait was now a member, he should be relatively safe with their wolves.  “Hello fair one,”  Bait said as he approached, "what is My Lady up this evening? It feels that it will be a pleasant one.”   Bait was of course all charismatic smile, offering a respectful bow to the wolf.

Speech:"Life is but a game " Think

Abilene

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

10-05-2020, 05:59 PM
With no small amount of shock, Abby rose her head at the gentlemanly greeting to become face to face with a fox. A talking fox at that, assuming this wasn't a mean spirited prank. She blinked, gathering her thoughts for a few seconds. If she had hands, she would've been pinching herself furiously.

"Hello?" She tested, scanning her surroundings to make sure her eyes and ears weren't decieving her. She was ready for some burly wolf to burst from the shrubbery, laughing at her foolishness the moment she spoke. "Nothing much." She responded guardedly, still suspicious. She had arrived shortly after Bait had, and hadn't been notified that the fox had joined their ranks.

Abby is completely blind as of this thread. The curse will lift on the first day of winter.
Abby has a common brush tailed possum companion named Bell. She’s Abby’s guide dog until her curse is lifted. If she’s not mentioned assume she is close by/present.

Bait

Somnium

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
10-10-2020, 11:05 PM

Bait sat himself down slowly, finding that ‘just right’ position, weight shifting from one leg to another until satisfied, tail wrapping over his legs. The wolf was looking around as she answered him. What was up with that? Wolves were intriguing and so much fun but occasionally they did things Bait didn’t understand, then again other foxes were known to do that as well.

“Hmm, beautiful one, are you waiting on someone?” Bait tilted his head to one side, glancing in one of the directions she had then back, “Or if you lost something I would be most happy to help you find it?” Unlikely, she was just laying here versus actively searching and the behavior didn’t start until he spoke. Offering to assist at something they would deny was a bonus of offering to be helpful knowing the offer would not be taken up.

Abilene

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

10-11-2020, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2020, 04:19 PM by Abilene.)
The conversation just got weirder and weirder. She never expected to be referred to as beautiful in all her life, as well as the fact that it was a talking fox that had said it. This couldn't be real. but the lack of people nearby was leading her to believe otherwise. She settled a bit. If this was a joke, then they had her.

"No, I'm just... confused." She responded, having not realised her suspicion had been that visible. "Haven't been flattered by many foxes before." She paused, pondering whether to tell the curious vulpine her name. It’d be less startling than ‘beautiful one’ at least.

Bait

Somnium

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
10-12-2020, 08:34 PM

“ahhh!” Bait grinned as broad as manageable at that point, “So that’s it.” The red fox nodded in a more understanding manner. “I’ve always been a bit ‘different’ than the rest of my family, and likely species in general.  I spoke with enough wolves to become quite fluent at it. I just can’t manage howling as you can.  It comes out sounding pretty funny if I were to try.” The last part offered a bit of humor to it.  It was true, no matter how he had tried there was no way he could manage that deep carrying howl of a wolf.  Pity.

“So m’lady, does that help ease things a bit? I am unusual there is no doubt.  Quite proud of that.  Oh, the names Bait by the way.” At the tail-end finally thinking to add that.   "And you? Something princess like maybe? Hm, what does a princess name sound like?" Bait seemed thoughtful, tail tip twitching at this princess-name matter.

Abilene

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

10-19-2020, 05:43 PM
Abby smiled politely, still very confused, though to admit so would be impolite. The fox would seem to follow the common stereotype, as the mottled girl doubted he'd have lived this long amongst wolves without developing at least some wit. Maybe the flattery was a defense mechanism rather then genuine? She hoped so, because telling a vulpine she did not reciprocate his romantic feelings was not on her bucket list of once in a lifetime things to experience.

"Call me Abby." She responded, a faint pleading note in her voice. The shock of the barrage of compliments had worn off, now she just felt mildly uncomfortable.

Bait

Somnium

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
10-29-2020, 12:07 AM

“Princess Abby it is then,” Bait cheerfully announced, but then let the look of laughter in his eyes dim a tad, his smile relaxing to something softer, “well, I imagine my lady prefers just Abby? A shame, but as you request."  It was hard for Bait to resist.  It was entertaining how sometimes being extra polite could potentially put some wolves off more than threatening would ever do any good.  

“Well my lady, I have told you a bit of me, what of you? Anything of interest to share? I don’t do well bored and nothing much has caught my interest today.  You are certainly a relief to find.  I expect once you are done being put off by a talking fox you must have a fun personality,” a pause, tilting his head a bit and adding more questioningly, “I do hope?”

Abilene

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

10-29-2020, 04:43 PM
Abby cringed a little more. 'Princess Abby' was only a slight improvement, and worse, it felt quite patronising. Not that she'd ever let the vulpine know. Luckily, she didn't need to correct him, as he promptly corrected himself. A bold assumption maybe, but he was correct, and Abby appreciated the weight off her back.

"Uh..." She started, well aware that the part of the conversation were she was supposed to share something about herself was arriving swiftly, but it still caught her quite off guard as she fumbled around, desperately searching for some sort of vaguely interesting answer. "I... Like plants?" She said, uncertain on what to add. "And uh, reading."