gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
10-25-2020, 07:24 PM
At long last Hyperion had been reunited with his siblings. He'd learned a lot from his recent traveling companions and he was determined to put that knowledge to use. For that reason he'd gotten his paws on a hide and some ink and a little bit of charcoal from one of the fires. He was going to make his own map, just like those skilled navigators. He'd rolled over what they'd done in his mind as he looked for a place to settle down and work.

When at last he'd found the perfect spot Hyperion flopped down and stretched out on his belly. He kicked out his hind legs, spread the hide out with his forelegs and then carefully set the shell with ink in it to the side. He wasn't particularly good at drawing so he was going to sketch the thing out in charcoal first. Easy peasy, right?

Stjarna A.

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - GayPride - AgenderDouble Master
10-25-2020, 07:35 PM

Stjarna pranced along the shoreline, tail wagging with a fawn grasped tightly between ivory fangs. What a catch! Star couldn't wait to skin the little deer and start drying the flesh. They hadn't gone far when they spied Hyperion working on something interesting. Star couldn't speak very well with a mouth full of prey but they weren't exactly being subtle about their approach. Star dropped the fawn and grinned. "Hey Hype! Whatcha working on that looks interesting!" Star settled down with the fawn between their front paws, fangs moved quickly to snip away the flesh along the belly pulling it apart at either seam to reveal the meat that lay below. Star had a few skewers that were simply sharpened hazel branches. Ripping off a strip of meat Star threaded it onto the hazel. "Mind if I make a fire quick or do you want to?" It would be easier to dry and smoke the meat with a fire. The kill was bound to attract seagulls. Darn sky rats!

Hyperion

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

10-26-2020, 08:07 PM
Hyperion sucked at two things. Well, he sucked at many things but only two that he would acknowledge openly - only because they were things he'd been harangued with since he was small. He sucked at being still and he sucked at being quiet. He could manage one at a time occasionally, but rarely both. It was for that reason that as he lay there nice and still and focused on his project he started humming to himself. The sound was a quiet tuneless drone; a sound he was unaware he was making but something that was nonetheless helping to keep him focused.

When Star padded over Hyperion spit out his charcoal long enough to respond. "Hey Star. I'm uh, I'm making a map." That sounded dumb even to his ears so he amended quickly, "A map of all the best places. You know, good times, pretty people, etc. Gonna put a big 'X' on the beach, that's for sure." When his sibling asked about building a fire Hyperion saw no reason to disagree. "Yeah, sure, go for it. I'm just gonna work on this for a bit." He had a bit of the detail sketched out already. It looked pretty good in his opinion. Not like the ones his travel companions had, but it would do the job.

Stjarna A.

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

10-27-2020, 11:08 AM

Stjarna padded closer, head craning over the map while pushing the boundaries of personal space. Hyperion went on to explain that it was a map of cool places. Star grinned. "Oh, cool! You gonna mark in neat lands to? Like really pretty places and stuff. There's a cool gorge in the west. Though I go attacked by a bear there so I don't know if it's worthy of the map." Granted the bear had clearly been ill but Stjarna couldn't help but be wary of such places.

Once a fire was good and going, Stjarna set up the first few skewers of deer meat to start drying before returning back to the fawn carcass. Star pulled back the skin of the fawn further from the center seam, pulling on both sides as far as they could before the legs started to get in the way. They then worked on cutting he seams up the legs and chewing off the ankles. Stjarna paused to lick their lips. "So, anything interesting happen for you at the party?"

Hyperion

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

11-08-2020, 06:39 PM
Something he was still coming to terms with was how gross charcoal tasted. Even holding it carefully between his front teeth didn't prevent the taste from seeping into his mouth. Didn't matter if he was doing his best not to drool on it either. Somehow the fire dirt taste contaminated his mouth anyway. Hyperion thought about that absently as he made several short lines on the map. He had to do it in spurts. To see what he was doing he had to look cross-eyed down the end of his nose and even then sometimes his eyes played tricks on him and he made marks where he didn't mean to.

Hyperion carefully set down the charcoal so he could talk to his sibling. "Yeah, I'll add stuff like that in there too. You fought a bear?" Star was here and in one piece so Hyperion felt safe in skipping over the worry and jumping straight to impressed. "My sib the bear fighter. Nice! Yeah I'll make a little note for that one." He waved his paw as though saying a grand title "Here be bears."

In response to Star's question Hyperion made a satisfied little 'heh' before fixing his sibling with a pleased look. "Did it ever. You really wanna know details or do you wanna just let your imagination have at it?" Because buddy, he'd share.

Stjarna A.

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

11-15-2020, 11:38 AM

Stjarna worked at pulling the hide from the fawn until it was time to flip the creature. Taking the neck between strong teeth, Star flipped the deer onto its belly and then proceeded to finish peeling the hide from its flesh. Once the hide was set aside they moved to tearing strips of the back meat from the deer and threading them onto skewers to place near the fire. Star worked back and forth, eating a few bites of meat then threading a few more strips. 

Licking blood from their muzzle, Star paused and grinned proudly. "Yep, and I didn't die!" Well, that was probably obvious. Their ears perked up as Hyperion mentioned that something happened at the party of particular interest.  Star scooted closer and nodded. "You know I need those details. What engaging trouble did you find?" Star winked. 

Hyperion

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

11-22-2020, 08:39 PM
He glanced up at the sky and noted the clouds rolling in. It looked like rain was a possibility for this afternoon. The clouds weren't moving too fast so it seemed reasonable to think they might linger long enough to shower over the beach. Hyperion squinted, was that rain falling in the distance? The clouds over the water were little more than a smudge so it was hard to say.  Absently Hyperion slid the map away. That was about all the work he was going to get done on it today. It wasn't the company that put him off it, rather, it was his own attention span. Hyperion was many things but focused wasn't one of them. He could only sit down and do one thing for so long and with Star right there offering an eager ear to his exploits how could Hyperion not capitalize? He liked talking about himself an awful lot and here was a chance to do just that.

Hyperion gave his sibling a sly look. "Women. Lots of them. I don't know about you, but if fucking strangers at a party is 'trouble' I made out like a bandit." Looking quite pleased with himself, like the cat who'd swallowed the canary, Hyperion crossed his paws and leaned back a little. It wasn't a contest or anything but he'd totally won. No doubt about it; no one else had gotten around like he had. He wasn't sure Star would appreciate that but Art certainly would. And Hyperion couldn't wait to gloat about it to him. For now he was set to burn Star's ears with details unless rebuked. "There was this one woman who, no lie, had markings like fire." He rolled his eyes heavenward in blissful remembrance. "And god did they look real when she moved..."