gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-03-2020, 07:38 PM

The first person Jigsaw needed to see after his visit with Recluse was his brother, and he veered towards their den as soon as he was dismissed. Whether Recluse saw him fit for a rank or not, the little pup was determined to prove to his first alpha exactly how useful he could be to her and his new pack. His brother didn't exactly share the same ambitions as he did, but he knew Kelly enjoyed tinkering with things so perhaps they could find a way to help each other. What else were brothers for, if not to help each other achieve their too-large-of goals?

"Kelly!" Saw shouted as he neared the den, skidding to a stop as a particularly bright flower caught his eye. It was one he'd seen rarely, lavender in color with small buds all the way up the stem. This would surely be a fine start to his herb collection, and when it was complete he had every intention of dumping it upon Recluse's lap with as wide a grin as he could manage. He veered off towards the flower, bending down to inspect it as he called out once more for his brother. "Keeeeeeelly!"

This was to be a mostly-solo adventure - NO ADULTS ALLOWED - but Kelly was an exception. From his very first hunt Jisgsaw had taken down a rabbit, torn the skin off of it (it only had a few holes in the pelt, no big deal) and intended to request Kelly to turn it into a pouch for him to collect his treasured plants in. He continued to yell over his shoulder between angry gnaws at the stem of the plant. "I need your help! I need you to make me something!"

[Image: jigsaw.png]

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Master Intellectual (240)

Expert Fighter (165)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
Pride - Pansexual1KDouble Master
11-03-2020, 07:48 PM

Áskell was digging around in his dad's things. Hari had said the boy could try and make some items out of scrape clay that was in the gray rabbit hide if he could only find where it was. Pushing aside the irrelevant bundles he soon found the one full of clay that he could actually play with. He was eager to learn to make things like his father. He'd spent the morning questioning Hari's companion about the ins and outs of making pottery. Deciding to try some simple pinch pots he picked up the hide and was about to leave as he heard his brother calling out his name.

Áskell stuck his head out of he den, mouth full of rabbit hide. "Hmmm?"

Jigsaw

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player

11-03-2020, 07:55 PM

Jigsaw was very carefully grasping his teeth around the stem of the flower when his brother popped out of the den with a "hmm?". While expecting Askell to answer his call, the noise still startled the very-focused pup enough that he yanked hard on the stem, a few of the lavender buds popping off as it came out from the ground. "Ack!" He mumbled, dropping the plant and glaring down at it. Oh well, at least there were still some small buds of lavender he could work off and collect.

Abandoning the herb for the moment he spun on his brother, reaching a paw back to drag the pelt off his shoulders and presenting it proudly. "I caught this." He announced proudly, a wide grin spread upon his maw. It faltered only a moment as he considered that - maybe his brother wouldn't know how to fulfill his request, but he replaced the doubt with utter faith in Askell's inherited abilities. "I wanted you to make this into a bag for me. It's okay if it's small, it's a small rabbit." He frowned down at it, wondering if he should have tried to catch something bigger. "Maybe.. fix the holes in it too, if you can. I need something to carry my herbs in because I'm gonna be the-" His frown deepened, his tongue sticking out as he tried desperately to remember the title Recluse had swung before him. "Darwa.. something. A HEALER, Kelly. I'm gonna make it big before anyone can steal it from me and I need your help!"

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
11-06-2020, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 04:50 PM by Áskell.)

Áskell giggles as Jigsaw dropped his flowers, he was always gathering strange plants. The boy set down his bundle of clay as his brother whipped out a hide and deposited it at Kelly's feet. He quickly recognized it as a rabbit hide. While not much into hunting himself it was easy to recognize as rabbit formed the lining of his father's travois. Jigsaw went on to say that he wanted Áskell to make him a bag out of the rabbit hide. In truth Áskell had never made anything like a bag before but he didn't want to look stupid so he figured he could get something made. Especially with Ari's help.

"Hmmm… yea, I think I can make something." Áskell picked up the rabbit hide and the hide with his clay before trotting over to a large flat stone that was his makeshift craft area. He then howled for Ari who was quick to arrive. "Can we leave the fur on the outside?" That would be quickest. In the mean time he rolled out the clay onto the rock and set aside the other hide. While he talked with his brother Áskell started kneading the clay.

Jigsaw

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player

11-07-2020, 05:44 PM

Jigsaw had every faith in his brother's abilities and stared at him wide-eyed in excitement until he agreed to try to craft the bag. "As long as the fur is on the outside so that the flowers don't get stuck in it." He decided, nodding his small head decisively. As Askell got to work doing whatever crafters did, Jigsaw bowed his head to begin to remove the purple buds off of the trimmed stem. His teeth were small and so he could grab upon the flowers carefully and tug them off one by one, carefully depositing them into the leaf he'd brought to carry his precious herbs in until the bag was full. Dragging the leaf back into the den without spilling any might be hard, but he was determined to earn this position no matter what it took. "What do you want to be when you grow up?" He asked once his work was done and his mouth free for speaking. Was there a master-crafter rank that Jigsaw could help Kelly into, too?

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

11-15-2020, 11:03 AM

Áskell shaped his clay into a rough bowl shape as Jigsaw stated that he'd be fine with the fur on the outside. "Ok, let me think for a minute." The boy thought as he worked on shaping the clay just a bit more. He then left it to dry. It was admittedly lumpy and uneven but he was still proud of it.

The boy picked up the rabbit hide and started to fold it with his paws, getting a feel for it. How was he going to do this? He was still young and had limited skills. Maybe if he tied the left leg flaps together and then the right leg flaps together and made a strap for his brother to sling over his neck? That might work. It was worth a shot.

Áskell pulled some leather strands out of his dad's things and started trying to tie the legs flaps on the left side together. It wasn't going super well. He set down the strand to give his jaws a break. "Umm… I don't know." Áskell shrugged. That was a long way off. "A warrior I guess, though I like to make things to. What about you?"

Movement nearby caught the pups attention. A large magpie landed in the tree above him and hopped along the branch. It cocked its head then flew down to land near the pups. "I like to make things to, my name is Kári! I can help you with those knots if you let me the hide for any scraps."