size
Small
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantIt's a Miracle
11-13-2020, 06:21 PM
Her nose gently bumped against a fallen log causing Haezel's slow progress to grind to a halt. Gingerly she felt down its side in search of room to duck under. When none was found she turned to her left and carefully walked down the length of it all the while using her nose occasionally to 'see' if it was still in her way. When at last she came to roots Haezel skirted them in a similar fashion. She then followed the other side of the log roughly the same amount of paces it had taken her to travel the first side. From there she continued on in the same direction as before. Her steps were careful and slow, and she led with her nose in the hopes of bumping against any potential obstacle before it became something to fall over.

This was the furthest she'd ever traveled without someone to guide her. The journey had been filled with setbacks, surprises and literal pitfalls, but she was unfazed. There was something here for her; that had been made very clear to her. She just needed to find it. It was a rather exciting prospect. Hopefully it was her familiar. Though his last form had died he had not. She understood it would take time for him to find another but she hoped she wouldn't have to wait much longer.

Hazel has a female capuchin monkey companion that is with her at all times.

Úlfr

Hemlock
Stalker

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (280)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Snake EyesThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth Hunter
Pride - Gay1K
11-15-2020, 09:31 AM

Úlfr liked to chew and whenever he got the urge to nibble on something he figured it was a good day for some crafting. He wandered into the orchard and immediately set out looking for the hazel bush he'd seen when returning home with the gaur leg. It was a lovely autumn day. Clear skies and a warm sun though the cool breeze from the north had a fair bit of bite. Once he found the bush he promptly chewed off two slender branches. He picked them up in his moth and set off looking for a nice clearing.

Úlfr's tail waved back and forth lazily as he trotted through the orchard with two hazel branches held gently between his teeth. It took some work to maneuver through the trees. Every so often he'd misgauge how close two trees were and the branches would run right into both trees, whipping his head right back.

Clack!

Ok, maybe he should just pick a spot to work already.

Hazelle

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lazuli

11-29-2020, 05:17 PM
A loud noise brought Haezel's head around. Her nose twitched as she tried to suss out what was nearby. This was yet another area where her lack of companion left her feeling naked. She feared nothing this orchard had to offer, but it would have been nice to know what it was without having to hope the breeze carried the information to her. Convenience. That was what she missed. But alas, for now she would have to deal. Someday soon her boy would be back. She just needed to be patient.

The wind was not in her favor. Instead of giving up ground to investigate Haezel decided to just call out. If it was a wolf she would likely get a response. If not and it was beast well, she'd cross that bridge when she got to it. Running wasn't a viable option and neither was fighting, really, so her choices were quite limited. "Hello? Is anyone there?"

Úlfr

Hemlock
Stalker

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (280)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Snake EyesThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth Hunter
Pride - Gay1K
12-05-2020, 07:48 PM

Úlfr slowed as he heard a voice call out. He almost tried to answer before realizing this would be quite difficult with a mouth full of sticks. He trotted toward the voice and saw a small girl not far off. He set his sticks down. "Hi, it's just me and my sticks. My name's Úlfr. What brings you out this way?" He hadn't noticed she was blind, he simply assumed she just hadn't seen him in he thick brush of the forest.

He set his sticks down and began to pull excess branches and twigs off them. He spat out leaves as he worked. His raven companions settled in the branches of he tree right above him. They began to preen while Úlfr moved from one stick to the next, seeking to get two smooth spear shafts for his experiment. He was going to build two different kinds of spears and then he was going to stab something with each one and see how it worked. He could probably test it on a kill just o see what happened to the flesh.

Hazelle

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lazuli

12-27-2020, 01:10 PM
There was a small ruckus of noise as something moved about in the trees. After she called out Hazel observed a clear shift in the noise as whatever it was began to make a beeline for her. She lifted her nose in the hopes of catching a scent, but without a shift in wind she was left with nothing and forced to simply stand and wait for whatever it was to reach her. The clatter soon stopped and a voice answered. A boy, then. That was far better than a bear. But sticks? She had no idea what he meant by that except literal sticks, which told her nothing. Although, she mused, that may have been all he meant. Pups liked to play with sticks and he sounded very young so maybe he was just taking his favor chew sticks for a walk.

"Hello, Ullfr. My name is Hazel." Slowly she sank into a seated position. May as well chat a moment. The boy could probably point her in the direction of an easier path. "I don't know," she answered truthfully. "You could say I'm on a journey of discovery. I'll know why I'm out here when I..." The corners of her mouth quirked up in a softly sardonic smile. "See it." Hazel shifted around so she was facing Ullfr properly. "What about you, hm? What brings you out here?"

Úlfr

Hemlock
Stalker

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (280)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Pride - Gay1K
12-27-2020, 03:16 PM

The woman introduced herself as Hazel and started that she was on a journey of discovery. Úlfr cocked his head to he side. "Oh? What are you looking to discover? I know where to find some really cool sticks if you want any." Apart from sticks, bones and food he wasn't sure what else a loner would be looking for. Speaking of sticks, he shifted his focus back to his spears. "I'm making some spears! I'm going to some stuff with them and see which one works better."

Picking up the first spear in his jaws he trotted over to a large rock. He carefully repositioned the spear in his mouth so that his jaws were closer to the tip he wanted to sharpen for better leverage. He eyed the rock for a moment then started rubbing the end of the spear against the rock as he worked to make a sharpened point. It took some doing but with a little persistence he soon had a basic spear.

Now for the second one. Úlfr picked he stick up in his jaws and leaned the soon-to-be spear against a larger rock so that the end stuck up. There was a pine tree nearby that had a few injuries. He knew about using pine pitch but how would sap do? Úlfr took a stick to gather sap and he placed it into the notch of the spear. He then placed a ceramic spear head in the notch and carefully set everything down to dry.