build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
11-29-2020, 06:22 PM
With Thalia missing, she found herself a little bit lost. Everything had seemed to make sense once she'd arrived and now she'd left without a single word. Theo went about her patrol a bit listlessly. It was difficult to focus on anything when all she wanted to do was retreat to her den and brood. Luckily everyone seemed busy enough with preparing for the upcoming winter. She was so lost in thought that she trod too close to the slippery edge of the river that cut through the center of the territory. Theo gasped and scrabbled for purchase but couldn't avoid the lower half of her body slipping and falling into the dark water. Groaning, she heaved herself back out of the water and back to dry ground. As she pulled her left hind leg out of the water, Theory winced as her paw hit the air. It stung badly. Theory flexed it then grunted at the burning sensation. Must be a deep cut, somewhere between the webbing of her toes where she couldn't quite see; an utter pain to treat. Sighing, she slumped into a sitting position and tried to extend her paw in such a way that it would catch the waning sunlight. It had just begun to set but still threw good light. Hopefully she could figure out how to handle this without worrying anyone else.

wc: 230

Suspense

Avalon
Healer

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Pride - BisexualThe Ooze Participant
12-14-2020, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 11:36 AM by Suspense.)

Suspense's mind was on one track right now and one track only! She'd gotten it into her head today to go and play with Theory. Her mother was always telling her not to get to much underfoot of her older sister, Theory was a busy woman who had a whole pack  to run but the notion of how truly busy her sister was was lost on the small girl, and so despite her mother's continued insistence the young Cavaliere-Klein was very certain this was what she was going to do today!

So the young pup set about looking for her older sister, she'd been learning to track and was quickly picking up the finer points, so it didn't take much for her to get onto Theory's trail and quickly found her older sister, she was about to call out to her when she saw Theory crash into the water. She stuck around just long enough to see Theory winced and then she was off, looking for her mother.

It didn't take too long to find her, the small woman lounging outside their den, her siblings nowhere to be seen, but that wasn't what was on the girl's mind right now. She scrambled as she skidded to a halt before her mother, who opened her mouth as if to say something but the girl quickly began to babble. "Mama come quick! Theory fell into the water and looks like she hurt herself and she needs help!" She paused for a moment, looking at her mother's wide-eyed expression. Then the woman nodded, sighing, and rose to her paws, bidding Suspense wait a moment as she turned and went into their den, returning a moment later with some herbs in her mouth and indicating for Suspense to lead her to her fallen sister.

WC: 300 (529/1500)

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2020

[Image: U9dVjWn.png]
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Samara

Avalon
Healer

Intermediate Intellectual (40)

Intermediate Healer (40)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Pride - Pansexual
12-14-2020, 11:50 AM

Samara had been enjoying a rare moment to herself... not that her mind wasn't on how her kids were probably off causing chaos somewhere she couldn't see, so it wasn't a surprise when she heard tiny paws and the sound of one of her children come crashing towards her, she lifted her gaze to see her smallest daughter, the one who got into trouble the least as of yet... if only because she was quickly proving to be the easiest to keep a handle on... the girl was clearly doomed to be as short as her mother. Still she wasn't about to assume that any of her children were incapable of brinding chaos to the pack's life so was about to ask what it was her daughter had gotten up to when the girl began to babble, the words falling out of her mouth almost faster than Samara thought possible for a child.

It took her a moment to process what Suspense had said, her eyes wide as he looked at her daughter. Then her mind caught up and she nodded, rising to her paws. "Alright, give me a moment." She sighed, turning tail and walking into the family den. Suspense's words hadn't given her a particularly good idea of what exactly had occurred to the alpha and she wasn't totally sure that Suspense's worry was totally warranted. Well, might as well grab something to handle pain and something for infection. She quickly grabbed a small shred of leather, wrapped her herbs up in her bundle, and headed back out of the den. She nodded at her daughter and trailed after the girl as she led her towards one of the banks, the alpha clearly crouched nearby. Samara approached the girl right away, dropping her bundle at her paws and looking over the other woman. "Theory are you alright? Suspense said she saw you fall into the water and you seemed in pain." Might as well just get right to it.

WC: 331 (860/1500)

""

[Image: X7DSVIv.png]
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

12-14-2020, 06:24 PM
Theory heard the pitter patter of small paws, but Suspense had already took off pell-mell before she could reassure her little sister that she was alright. Although her toes stung quite a bit, she couldn't help but smile as she watched the girl disappear. That brood was a wild one - if only because there were so many of them - but they all had good hearts. Theo had only been a little weary of Samara as an outsider at first, but once she had helped ground Rhyme back to reality, it was obvious that she was of good intentions. The alpha was glad to have such a bustling family. It certainly seemed to keep Rhyme young. In no time at all, Samara was summoned. "Yes! I'm alright - I just slipped a bit there. Lived here almost all my life and I still forget how steep the drop off is and how tricky wet moss can get. I think I just, well," she extended her paw towards Samara awkwardly, trying to maneuver it so that the smaller healer could peek between her toe pads. "I cut myself in there somewhere. I can't really seem to get to it or even see it on my own." As she flexed her paw a bit of blood dripped to the ground. "Yep. Definitely hurt somewhere," Theo chuckled.

wc: 225 (1085/1500)

Samara

Avalon
Healer

Intermediate Intellectual (40)

Intermediate Healer (40)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Pride - Pansexual
12-27-2020, 06:13 PM

Theory was quick to put any real worries to bed but Samara also had a feeling she was the kind to push off pain to not worry others and even if she was right and only hurt herself a bit the woman figured it wouldn't hurt to treat her, give Suspense some practical experience in the process. She set about opening her bundle, seperating the meadow sweet from the small bundle of Trillium, the last of the precious flower.. she'd need to get more soon.

"Suspense, run back to the den for me please and get some of the wool and the bowl for me please?" She turned to look to her daughter. "You can ask Tamerlane to carry the wool while you fill the bowl with some water, from the source please, not downstream." Suspense nodded and dashed off, lifting her little voice to call for her raven to help her. Samara chuckled and turned her attention towards her herbs again, pushing a few stalks of Meadow Sweet at her step-daughter. "I trust you know what to do with that?" She said, smiling. Ingesting the herb would help to soothe her pain a little, not enough to numb her completely but enough to make cleaning out and dressing the wound less stressful on her body.

She paused for a moment to watch for her daughter's return, then looked back to Theory once she was sure she was done swallowing the pain herbs. "If you prefer you can start making the Trillium into a pulp... if you don't want puppy spit in your wound that is." She winked, pushing the leather strip with the Trillium on it at the alpha. Suspense was just now becoming visible again, her raven flapping above her, a bundle of wool in his beak.

WC: 299 (1381/1500)

""

[Image: X7DSVIv.png]

Suspense

Avalon
Healer

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Pride - BisexualThe Ooze Participant
12-27-2020, 06:23 PM

Suspense watched with rapt attention as her mother took charge. She nodded when her mother told her to return to the den and get some supplies, her tiny paws already pounding the dirt and she called for Tamerlane, who was never too far anyway and she could hear flapping above her as she ran. It wasn't far from the den and she skidded to a halt in front of the den before slinking inside, first she separated a wad of wool from the small bundle her mother kept and pushed it outside to her waiting raven. Then she had to dig around a bit for the bowl her mother kept, a rounded thick stone with a deep divet in the middle, which she struggled had to struggle to grip for a bit before finally getting a solid hold on it. Then she ran out of the den, running up the bank of the river until she got further up than most members drank or splashed in.

Suspense considered how to fill the bowl for a moment, then shrugging dunked her whole head into the river, and lifted it carefully so as not to splash any of the precious cargo from it. Her return was a bit slower this time, trying to avoid losing any of the water from her bowl, which she wasn't quite able to do but still managed to keep at least half the original volume in the bowl. She placed the bowl at her mother's paws and under her instruction, took a small bundle of wool from the bigger wool ball and dipped it thoroughly into the water. Looking up to Theory, ready to dab it gently between her older sister's toes to try and clean the wound.

WC: 291 (1672/1500)

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2020

[Image: U9dVjWn.png]

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

12-27-2020, 06:34 PM
Theory watched with a bemused look as Suspense tore pell-mell back towards the den at Samara's instruction. "I'm glad they can learn so much from you - I definitely could as well." Ever the obedient patient, she dipped her head to carefully nibble on the meadowsweet. She'd never get used to the particular herbaceous, bitter taste of most medicines, but the point was not to create a delectable meal. "Thank you," she murmured. Samara was a wonderful match for her father - and the very proof, of course, came back running just as the thought crossed her mind. Theo grinned as Suspense skidded to a stop in front of her. Following Samara's instructions again, she began to transform the trillium into a paste. She wanted to learn to take joy in this process. Healing was important. A positive force for good. Although she still found herself befuddled by some of the more complicated tinctures and potions, she was becoming better equipped. She felt far more competent than she did this time last year. "Alright, ready to be treated. Nurse Suspense?" she said, only half in jest as she extended her wounded paw towards her littlest sister.