Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

Pride - Gay (MLM)Samhain 2022All Oozed OutOoze ImmuneThe Ooze ParticipantMammoth Hunter
11-15-2020, 10:26 PM

Malachai had only just earned his freedom from the den and he was't about to go back to being stored away, even if he was already growing bored of being left to wander by himself. His mom had already given him a hard time about his rough play, though in his opinion any of his siblings that couldn't handle what was simply just him playing were a bit too weak... though he didn't actually want to hurt them so he was trying to find something else to occupy his time, which was hard to do when you have the attention span of a fly and the intellectual curiosity to match.

His family also didn't exactly seem all that interested in him, or his siblings, so he was mostly left to his own devices. Which meant one, very bored puppy.

"Panic" | "Malachai" | "Belladona" | "Lurch"

[Image: eqRWCiM.gif]
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-15-2020, 10:47 PM

Kotori was your typical pup when it came to curiosity.  Thus soon enough he had found the pack line bordering Ashen territory and he could scent wolves who did not smell as all the armada wolves did.  Glancing up he spied dad’s vulture circling lazily in the sky.  No one would mind him going to check out these wolves since the bird was with him, right?  Kotori had heard they were supposed to be allies.  In Kotori’s mind, this equated with the adults over there also knowing they should treat him well.  Kotori was a prince after all and no one would dare treat him poorly, at least not if they knew his mom and dad.  No one would ever risk upsetting dad.

That being decided he made a mighty leap over where he scented the ground marked as if there had been some physical barricade.  When he landed Kotori looked back to see if anyone popped up to tell him to turn around as if they were just tagging along to surprise him.  Looking up at the bird again it was too high up to tell if it had any expression on it.  Oh well, no time for such simple wonders.  Tail wagging fervently he jogged along but slowed after a short way as he looked up at the strange trees.  None of the tree’s on his pack lands looked like these, maybe armada tree’s were just all-around better than trees elsewhere?  The notion of running back with a funny-colored stick came to his mind but then cast aside.  Just a stick and he wasn’t ready to leave yet.

Kotori wasn’t one to bother with hiding or bothering with treading silently frequently.  Stalking something would be a good reason for that but roaming? Nope, he was in plain sight as he walked along, ever so much the tourist.  He only stopped when he saw another wolf, another pup.  At first, his tail started wagging ever faster at the idea of a new playmate but then slowed cause over excited didn’t sound all that cool in his mind.  “Hey! Pink-eye!” The made-up name was called out to get the pup’s attention as he bounded towards him.

[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Malachai

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

Pride - Gay (MLM)Samhain 2022All Oozed OutOoze ImmuneThe Ooze ParticipantMammoth Hunter
11-16-2020, 11:57 PM

Malachai has paused to paw curiously at the glowing pool, not because he hadn't seen it already but because his mother had specifically kept them from playing near it before. He shook his wet paw out, scowling as he looked at the now ripple surface, he wasn't so sure what was so scary about this of all things. He was about to poke into it further when another voice broke through the quiet fog. The young boy frowned, lifting his gaze to spot another pup, older than himself by a bit. He narrowed his eyes at the boy.

"What do you want... mud fur?" He asked, it wasn't totally unfriendly though his annoyance was plain in his voice, returning the seemingly arbitrarily descriptors. Malachai raised himself back up to his full height, even young as he was he was a big pup, the biggest of his siblings, though he was still slightly under the height of the other pup.

Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

12-14-2020, 11:31 PM
Walk | "Talk" | think

Kotori paused at the description Malachi thought up for him. ‘Mud fur?’  Kotori put his ears back and walked forward with his best-measured stride, tail up high in arrogance. “I’m Kotori Fatalis, prince of the ashen armada pack.” No one could talk down to Kotori!  At least no one other than mom and dad and maybe his older siblings.  Maybe. “Who are you?”  The beginning of the first word came out with the same haughty tone as when claiming his name but it faded fast as curiosity got the better of him.

He wanted to know who the pup was and the pool of water nearby had also caught his eye.  It would make sense the pup was from ashen, considering they were on ashen lands.  Kotori imagined he should try to get on good terms with the pup and then maybe he could get a tour?  ‘Mud fur’ did not help put this to a good start for a friendship.  Kotori hadn’t considered how ‘pink eye’ might be an unwanted descriptive name, after all the pup had a pink eye!  Kotori did not feel his fur was mud-colored.

Malachai

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

12-17-2020, 04:11 PM

Oh it seemed the boy did not like that. He ignored Malachai's question and instead approached with all sorts of pomp and Malachai felt a deep desire to swip that self-important look off the boy's face. Still, he held himself back, at least for now... Though as he introduced himself Malachai couldn't help but smirk. "I'm Malachai Klein, far as I remember that means you serve my family..."

He took a step forwards, coming to stand almost nose to nose with the horned boy. Malachai was maybe a hair shorter than the older boy, something he took great pride in. "I'm gonna ask again, what do you want Ko-to-ri?" He said, breaking down the boy's name in an almost mocking tone. Yeah, it was safe to say he was probably not going to be making a friend here... but from his own point of view Kotori had started it, he coulda been a little less high and mighty about it.

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

12-17-2020, 05:00 PM
Walk | "Talk" | think

“The Fatalis family serves no one Mal,” being sure to try and make the one part of the pup’s name sound just as much a mockery as had been used against him, “Our family are allies.  Since dad wouldn’t make allies with idiots I guess you’re the dumb one in the bunch.” How dare this guy insult his family name with talk of serving them?  He’d pay for it good.

Nose to nose now Kotori kept his glare meeting directly into Malachi’s challengingly, “I came here just to explore and have fun.  That was then, now what I really want is to send you scampering off with your tail tucked between your legs.” Kotori had his tail raised high and proud and clearly wasn't paying any attention to differences in matters such as weight and build.  This guy would pay for his insults.

Malachai

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

12-24-2020, 04:11 PM

The overly familiar way that Kotori referred to him ruffled Malachai and he allowed a growl to rise from him, mismatched eyes narrowing. "You don't get to call me Mal." He hissed, the growl growing louder as Kotori insulted him, he never prided himself on his brains, Malachai was aware enough to know he didn't have a mind for a lot of things but that didn't mean he would just take any insult.

Kotori's final provocation was the final straw, Malachai was going to knock the little prince right on his ass. Ears pulled back to lay flush against his skull, his tail flagging out behind him to lay flat with his spine and his toes spread, instinct taking over. As close as they were Malachai would tip his head back, jaws parting and he spring upwards, hoping to grab onto Kotori's jaw, or at the very least use his upwards momentum to knock Kotori off his balance.

Malachai Cain Klein vs Kotori Fatalis for Dominance
Round 1/2
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Heavy
Skills: Beginner Fighter & Beginner Hunter
Specialty: N/A

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

12-24-2020, 04:25 PM
Walk | "Talk" | think

Thankfully for Kotori he had also had a fight on his mind so his body was already balanced decently well, and ears flattened simply due to being pissed.  He’d love to say it was set for planned defense, it was really just a pissed off pup’s luck.  Sometimes luck was good enough and so it worked.

Still, the other pup got the first move and no one had ever started a fight going for his jaw before!  Kotori kept his balance but the other pup had his jaw in his mouth.  Kotori raised up on his hind legs just a bit to add some height hoping to either get the pup to let go but even more swinging a paw up aiming to slash at the other pup’s eyes if he could reach it, but his muzzle certainly would work. Vicious snarls coming from the back of his throat in agitation.

Kotori Fatalis vs Malachai for Dominance
Round 1/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Medium
Mutation 1: Horns - Offensive
Skills: Intermediate Fighter & Intermediate Healer

Malachai

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

12-25-2020, 05:25 PM

Malachai growled as he struggled to keep his paws flat on the ground as Kotori lifted his head, so much was his focus on maintaining his grip that he didn't really see the paw swinging his way, and with a pained grunt, the boy released his grip, reeling back from the strike to his head, claws just barely missing his eyes, which was probably a good thing al things considered. Malachai rubbed at his eyes with an ankle.

Lowering his foreleg Malachai would attempt to approach again, closing the gap, and would try to slam his left forepaw down onto Kotori's right paw, looking to smash Kotori's toes with his own weight.

Malachai Cain Klein vs Kotori Fatalis for Dominance
Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Heavy
Skills: Beginner Fighter & Beginner Hunter

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

12-25-2020, 11:15 PM
Walk | "Talk" | think

Kotori landed back on all fours, bracing himself and pausing to smirk mockingly at Malachi as he approached.  He wasted time and due to that Malachai’s paw landed ontop of his.  Tori snarled in pain and was grateful he was on the large size, even if not as large.  This hurt, but it would be a lot worse if he was the size of some of his sisters.

Kotori had been practicing a move on his own and this was the perfect set up to test it!  Kotori lowered his head then slammed it upwards to try and ram his little bumps of antlers into the other pup’s jaw, hopefully making it raise its head.  He didn’t pull back after the attempt but would also try to bite for the throat but would take chest if need be.  Kotori would have also tried to shove himself into the other wolf more but his paw was still trapped so this was as good as it got.

Kotori Fatalis vs Malachi for Dominance
Round 2/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Medium
Mutation 1: Horns - Offensive
Skills: Intermediate Fighter & Intermediate Healer

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
12-31-2020, 01:41 PM

And the winner is...

KOTORI

MALACHAI must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Adjusted rolls: 45.1 67.2 35.2 50
CHAI'S total is.. 138.25

Adjusted rolls: 96.6 89.7 61 96
KOTORI'S total is.. 274.64

Malachai

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

12-31-2020, 10:15 PM

Malachai kept up the pressure on the other boy's paw, trying to grind his weight into him further and then all of a sudden a painful pair of bone nubs were poking into the fleshy parts of the underside of his jaw, his head forced backward and Malachai realized the boy was opening up his throat! He felt a flash of panic and backed up then, releasing his weight from Kotori's paw and retreated.

"Alright, alright!" He said, frantically trying to put space between himself and the horned boy. "I yeild." He snorted and tossed his head, looking over his shoulder and reigning in his emotion. Finally, he looked back at Kotori, out of the corner of his eyes. He glared for a moment then, felt himself melt a little. Even if he was frustrated with feeling like he'd been forced to concede but he had to admit the other boy had been a worthy match. "You weren't too bad." He said, a smile pulling back the corners of his lips.

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

01-01-2021, 11:17 PM
Walk | "Talk" | think

He succeeded in half of his super-awesome original attack but found the pup had retreated before he could grab his throat. Malachi had wielded! Kotori had won to save the pride of his entire pack! He felt his chest inflate and a smug grin with his victory. That’s why no wolf should challenge a Fatalis.

Mal surprised him by even offering up a compliment afterward. “Yah, thanks. I’d been practicing that last move a lot.” Kotori glanced down to his paw, then back to Mal, “You know, it was fun.” Once the boy had hedged up that far the conversation seemed easier and with a bit more enthusiasm offered, “how about we start sparring together here and there? I’d like to have someone besides my sisters to practice with. You seem like more fun anyway” Not that he'd known much about Malachai besides the insults and the fight but now that it was over, it had been fun!

Kotori sat down, tail kicking up some dirt as it wagged, “So, if we do become friends, can I call you Mal? Malachai is kinda long.” Kotori was one to talk, his name wasn’t any shorter.

Malachai

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

01-04-2021, 10:01 PM

Malachai really did not want to admit that his frustration with Kotori was melting but the other boy took his compliment with a surprising amount of grace and he turned to face him fully, his grin spreading. "It was good, caught me off guard... but it won't next time!"
He promised. The horned boy suggested they become regular sparring partners and Malachai had to admit... it was a good idea. "Yeah It'd like that." He said, stepping back in closer... all the tension that had been building between the two boys dissipating.

Kotori asked about a nickname and Malachai sighed. "I guess, I'll have to let you won't I?" There was a playful edge to his tone. "So do I get to call you... uh Ko? Tori?"

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

01-24-2021, 11:21 PM
Walk | "Talk" | think

A sparring partner about his age who wasn’t a sister!  That was enough to wash away any past insults, that, and the pride of totally winning the fight.  “It wasn’t an insult by the way, or wasn’t meant as one.” Kotori suddenly shifting his topic as he looked over his new friend.  “It’s just cool, you have two totally different colored eyes, and the pink one is just the coolest of the two.”

“Either works.  I’ve been called Ko and Tori,” he’d also been called KoKo but that was more acceptable from a family member than anyone else in his mind.  KoKo kind of sounded too cutesy for general wolves to use, or even hear.

Acknowledging each other, and niceties thrown out of the way it was time for a more important topic that Kotori had been wondering about. “So, I was wondering what's up with the water? I never saw water like that before.  It is water, right?”  What else could it be?  Since when did water glow though?