gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

The Ooze ParticipantValentines 2020Critical Fail!Trick 2019
12-19-2020, 01:43 PM
She really wasn’t sure what she was doing, even after the history lessons she’d gotten from Rhyme and Rhythm she felt like she knew nothing about Fireside. Poem did remember Tyrian though, and even if they’d only had a little bit of time together throughout their lives she felt connected to him. Of course he had long since grown up, as did she, and she had no idea what he might be like these days but she hoped that they still shared affection for Grandmother Rhythm.

She wasn’t sure what the blow to her confidence was, the tension that always seemed to linger between two sides of her family. Abaven was filled with hearts of gold and more suffering than any pack deserved, Fireside was filled to the brim with wolves who valued strength. There were fundamental differences that would forever separate them, but maybe for a day or two they could all loosen up and get along.

Poem wanted to know her grandfather, her uncles, her cousins, but she felt so far away from them. She prayed silently that her plans might come to fruition, but a part of her was sure that despite her best efforts everything would descend into chaos and the rift would grow.

She tried to banish the thoughts as she stopped at Fireside’s border. Poem tilted back her head and asked for Tyrian to meet her.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
Ice Bridge ExplorerWealthyHomebodyDouble MasterExplorerVolcano
1KTreat 2019
12-19-2020, 07:51 PM
Tyrian's heart sank as he heard Poem's voice rise over the Knolls. This was it, then. Rhythm was gone. He'd known the day was coming he just hadn't thought it would be quite so soon with Valentine still going so strong. The young King took a deep breath and set off for the border with a heavy heart. He knew now that Rhythm had struggled when he was a youngster but growing up he hadn't really understood that. All he'd seen was her kindness and her mother hen ways. Any flaws she'd had had been hidden by his youthful naivety and zest for life. She'd been a gentle soul and he'd decided he would never completely understand the differences that had ultimately driven her and Valentine apart, but he'd recognized what Valentine had lost all those years ago when Rhythm had disappeared and again, perhaps more completely this time, when she'd left for Abaven for good.

He reached Poem with a somber air. A greeting seemed ill fitting considering what had no doubt brought her to his borders. That Poem had grown up into a strong looking woman was lost on him. There was only one thing on his mind; he needed to hear it. He needed the confirmation that this was it, Rhythm was gone. Tyrian searched Poem's gaze for signs that he was right. Signs that would maybe lessen the blow when she confirmed his fears. "She's gone, isn't she?"
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

12-20-2020, 12:21 PM
Tyrian looked so serious when he approached, Poem offered him a soft but warm grin. She didn’t expect his words as he stopped before her. Blue and lavender eyes widened slightly in surprise, and she should have figured that she was going to worry someone with her sudden appearance. She also realized in that moment that this scene would play out again. She didn’t know how her father would react to her grandmother’s death with their strained relationship. Poem banished the thought from her mind for now, this was not yet that time. They still had a little longer, and that was why she’d made the trip.

She tried to brighten her smile just a little as she offered relief. ”No, not yet. That’s kind of why I came though.” Poem settled back onto her haunches, hopefully putting Tyrian at ease. Though both young wolves were fully aware of how little time they had with the older generation. ”I wanted to talk to you about getting everyone together, you know… one last time.” She knew how much the now silver dappled old woman missed the ones she left in Fireside, maybe a big get together was what the old woman needed. ”You can tell me its a bad idea, but…” What was life without taking some chances? Poem shrugged lightly and opened up the floor for Tyrian’s opinion.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
1KTreat 2019
12-29-2020, 09:41 PM
He stood there so ready for the worst that he missed Poem's relaxed demeanor. It was the one thing that would have poked a hole in his belief and he was too focused on the tragedy to see it. ”No, not yet. That’s kind of why I came though.” And just like that the pressure was off and he could breathe again. Well, for a second anyway before Poem's second statement registered and he was left wondering if Rhythm was dying and his niece had come to bring him to her deathbed. Tyrian had just a beat to think that before her sweet, innocent smile finally caught his notice and then he was left a little confused but cautiously hopeful. Perhaps he needed to stop guessing and simply let her speak.

Oh. Oh. That was...a dangerous idea. Tyrian pursed his lips and studied Poem for a second. He didn't know much about her part of the family but from what little he'd seen of Theory's attempt at authority he wasn't optimistic any of those Destruction-y types would stand up well to the brash and mouthy Imperialis. He could see the gathering devolving into mean laughter and tender-hearted tears as the softer types chummed the water with their hurt feelings over some rude but ultimately harmless-by-Imperialis-standards jab. The sharks, naturally, would come in for a bite. And that more than anything else was not what he wished for Rhythm's last days.

Tyrian's gaze fell to the earth as he debated what to say. They then rolled heavenward in frustration as he let out a sigh. "Poem..." What did he say? "When everything inevitably goes to shit because my people don't play nice, what then? Will we have ruined Rhythm's last days? Surely you can see why I'm hesitant."
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

01-03-2021, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2021, 12:29 PM by Poem.)
The words ‘bad idea’ did not come from Tyrian’s lips but he did issue a very stern warning. Likely whatever kind of kumbaya campfire story book ending would never happen. Not that Poem expected that by any means, nor would her grandmother. ”As you should be.” She agreed with him, they had every right to be cautious. Especially when they were talking about such a kind hearted old soul. Her dark ears lowered to her head as she thought about her next words. She had to argue against ruining Rhythm’s day. ”Her body is frail but do you think anything will happen that she hasn’t already seen before? Maybe the excitement would be good for her.” Alright maybe it was a long shot but could things be anymore prickly between the two families than they were already?

”I’d like to really meet my grandfather. I know you’d probably let me come speak to him whenever, so it’s only an excuse but..” she tried to shrug off the nagging feeling she wasn’t getting anywhere. ”I’ve got new little brothers and sisters too, I think they’d get a kick out of meeting you and your siblings. Maybe we could meet on neutral ground. I’m sure not everyone would be crazy about seeing Rhythm again, so maybe just the ones who can say they love..” was that too strong a word? Why was she so nervous. Maybe this was a bad idea. ”her.” She hummed lightly and looked away.

Poem lightly shook her pelt and returned her gaze to Tyrian. ”I don’t know. She just… misses you guys. I thought it could be nice. Reminder her of ‘the old days.”

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
01-10-2021, 05:17 PM
"I’d like to really meet my grandfather." At this Tyrian gently rubbed at his forehead with a clawed toe as though warding off a headache. She may have thought she knew what she was saying but she didn't. Valentine was an acquired taste. While she had every right to meet him and she was right, he wouldn't stop her, Tyrian got the feeling she was wholly unprepared for the level of snark the old man now possessed. Like wine his crabbiness had ripened with age. Which was fine, he was unabashedly himself and Tyrian could appreciate that, but he'd grown up with it and was used to it. Not everyone had had the same misfortune.

After Poem finished speaking Tyrian shrugged helplessly and gave her a lopsided smirk. "Well, I've warned you, which I consider my civic duty. What you do after that is on you," his smirk broadened into a good-natured grin. If she wanted to do this, good on her. It was a bit naive, but she'd been warned and that was all he was willing to do regarding the matter. Tyrian himself would go to this party partially because he liked a good shit show and partial out of curiosity. He had a lot of questions regarding that side of the family. Why not go to the source and get them answered? See what there was to see and all that.

Tyrian decided to offer a bit of an olive branch. "I miss her too," he said quietly. "And it would be good to see her again. For me personally." He was still convinced the rest would be a fiery turd ball, but he could (almost) guarantee that his reunion with Rhythm would be fire free. She'd had a hand in raising him, after all, and he loved her dearly for it.