The old boys hold all the cards

Fel aka pretty lady

Sibyl

gems
size
build
player
12-21-2020, 04:31 PM

The autumn air was crisp and chilly as they got closer and closer to turning the corner into winter, but the sun-bathed rock she was laying on was keeping her plenty warm. It was the middle of the day and the sun was pretty much directly above her so there was no shadows over her to cause any sort of coldness that might invade her otherwise lovely resting place. It had made for a good crafting spot so far and she was making good progress on something that she honestly should have made for herself ages ago.

She wasn't sure why she had put off making a bag of some kind to carry her herbs and supplies in for so long, but she had a hunch that it was the pestering need to shut away all remnants of her up bringing out of fear that she might grow old and boring like the maids that had raised her. Of course her healing skills came in handy from time to time - especially when traveling with someone like Azriel that tended to get himself in a good amount of fights - but it was easier to just use that knowledge as needed rather than give into the fact that she couldn't escape this part of herself.

There was a round piece of leather stretched out in front of her that she had been methodically poking evenly spaced holes around the outside edge with a sharp bit of metal she had scavenged during one of her explorations. She had managed to stick one end of the metal into a piece of wood so at least it was easier to hold and she wouldn't risk cutting herself in the process. So far it was going well, but the process was slow moving and she couldn't just let herself half-ass the project just to get it done.

Once all the holes were in place, she sat down her make shift tool with a sigh and rose to her paws so she could dip her front half toward the ground in a long, satisfying stretch. Her tail flagged over her back and she gave a soft, satisfied groan at the pleasant pull of her muscles. It had been a pretty quiet day thus far since Azriel had gone off to hunt and scout or whatever it was he did during the day and as productive as this task of hers was it was getting awfully boring being on her own.

Talk

Fel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
12-22-2020, 12:40 PM

Days were running together. Staying with the pair went from a few days to a week, then more. Fel was fairly lifeless and only moved about to take care of the most basic needs. She'd lost even more weight. Too much. Protruding bones were prominent in her hips and ribs. She didn't say much. When questioned, she would give only the most basic of answers. No doubt Sibyl and Azriel thought that she was giving up. The big man had said as much on their venture to the beach. That wasn't the case, however. This was simply how she mourned. She'd lost her father. Her mother. Her sister. Now that she'd lost a brother, and one that she cared deeply for, a line had been crossed. A sorrow line. Some day she would step back across, but she wasn't ready just yet.

Despite her undesirable state, Fel tried to venture into the light of day every now and again. The others had been long gone from the den by the time she moved out into the warm autumn sunlight. The bony woman's garnet gaze fell upon the silvered form of Sibyl as she worked on something. Fel watched as the fae gave a delicious stretch before heading over slowly to join her atop the sun warmed rock. Though she was sad and dejected, Fel never forgot what the pair of strangers had done and were still doing for her. The dark woman nuzzled into Sibyl's cheek before curling up in a ball beside her. She left enough room for the smaller fae to move and work, but still made sure that their bodies were touching at the hip.

Fel eyed the bits of leather and the tool that Sibyl had been using curiously. It looked as though she was piecing the leather together into a sort of satchel. The silver spattered woman had a bag of her own that she carried around sometimes, but she hadn't been the one to make it. With Sibyl being skilled in the healing arts, she could only surmise that this pack would be used for herb gathering. It seemed to be a typical accessory for healers. She was curious to see the finished product.

"Speech"

[Image: mZorPt0.png?1]
Fel can often be a very...mature character. Be aware.

Sibyl

gems
size
build
player
12-22-2020, 03:12 PM

As she finished her stretch she settled back down onto her stomach to look over her project. Before she could resume her work though, she heard the sound of paw steps approaching her moments before she felt Fel settle in beside her. Her ears perked with surprise and a pleased smile touched her lips when the dark woman nuzzled her cheek. She had grown increasingly concerned for the clearly mourning and dejected fae that now rested at her side, though she tried to not be over bearing with her urging to eat and her desire to care for the silver flecked wolf that had caught all of her attention as of late. She snuck in an affectionate lick to Fel's cheek in return before the woman curled up beside her with their hips still pressed together. She very nearly abandoned her project all together in favor of spending time focused on Fel, but since Fel's fiery eyes had turned to focus on the leather in front of them as well she figured she might as well see it though.

Now that all the holes she needed were placed in their necessary places, now came the most tedious and irritating part of the whole construction. She leaned forward to pick up a long, thin piece of leather that she had prepared ahead of time as well as a long feather she had found from some bird - maybe a turkey or something of a similar sort. She held the shaft end of the feather under one paw and used the other to start pulling and tearing the feathery bits off, leaving just the smooth tube of the core of the feather behind. It took some fiddling, but eventually she managed to feed the thin strip of leather into the widest part of the feather and then crimped it down with one of her claws so it wouldn't easily pull free from it. Pulling the larger piece of leather closer, she started feeding the thin strip through each of the holes, using the feather as a needle of sorts. As she fed the makeshift string through she began to bunch up the circle piece of leather so that it all gathered together, forming a sack with the leather string acting as a drawstring to keep it all together. After a bit of fussing to get it to sit just right, she pulled the feather off of the one end and sat back a bit to admire her handy work. It would still need a strap of some sort if she was going to carry it around with her, but that was easy enough to accomplish.

"You know the most annoying part of it all is that I've already done this more times than I can count," she commented, smirking a little as she glanced over to Fel. "I had one that turned out much nicer than this one - I'm a bit out of practice now... Back then it was the punishment of choice of the teachers to make us craft these herb satchels when we misbehaved." She chuckled and a more mischievous grin pulled at her lips as she added, "And of course I was always getting in trouble. Too bad I didn't think to take my favorite one with me when I escaped. This one will do though. Just a little something to make collecting and gathering herbs a little easier." She partially felt like she was just filling the empty air with casual conversation, but she liked sharing little bits and pieces about her life with Fel. She wasn't nearly as secretive as Azriel tended to be, though she didn't think her previous life required all the cloak and dagger than his did either. What was there to hide about growing up as a healer? All the other bits that got her in trouble might not be so freely shared with everyone, but Fel was special.

Talk

Fel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
12-24-2020, 09:11 PM

Curled up beside the sweet form of Sibyl, Fel watched as she worked. Ears perked as the tiny fae spoke though Fel made no comment. She simply absorbed the words as the pale woman gave her a glimpse of her past. Fel could imagine Sibyl as a young student, getting into trouble but learning what she could. It almost made her smile. Almost. There was still too much sadness within her for smiles, but the thoughts were a welcome distraction.

Fel unfurled her body a bit, leaning over so that she could more clearly see what Sibyl was doing. The woman was sharing her interest and it would be rude to not show her own. "I've never made one, but I've stolen one." Now she smirked. She'd pilfered a satchel from a dead wolf along with their belongings. Who knew what she'd even done with the bag after she took the goods home? There were other containers used to do other things, but she didn't care for any of them and she certainly had never taken the time to craft her own.

"So you were trained to be a healer?" She stated the obvious, but it was the way to invite in further conversation. Fel wanted to know about the woman beside her. The more time they spent together, the more of a pull she felt. They weren't strangers anymore. They were less than strangers and, if Fel had her way, they would be much much more. Ruby eyes searched the side of the pale fae's face. She wanted to hear more of what Sibyl was like.

"Speech"

Sibyl

gems
size
build
player
12-24-2020, 09:43 PM

Sibyl caught the smirk that crossed Fel's face when she mentioned her thievery and it made her grin in return. She liked seeing little hints of happiness or amusement in Fel's features - it was something that was rare these days. She turned the newly formed back over in her paws, making sure that she had successfully threaded the string through every hole and didn't miss one in the process. Even though she was through, she wouldn't have been surprised if she had missed a spot while her thoughts had wandered to think about the dark, mysterious fae at her side. Luckily, it seemed like most of her former skill had been retained and it certainly wasn't a bad looking satchel. After Azriel brought them another kill, she'd pilfer some of the hide to make a strap, but even without that she could carry it as it was and that would still be easier than carrying the leaves loose in her mouth.

Her lavender eyes turned back to Fel again when she questioned the training she had received to be a healer. Sibyl chuckled softly, mostly to herself, as she looked back at the bag between her paws wistfully. "Yes... Indeed I was." She sat her new tool off to the side and turned her attention fully to Fel, leaning into her side and placing a few affectionate licks across her cheek and ears. "I grew up in a fairly large group of healers... though they tended to think much more of themselves than that so they always called themselves "mages" or "shamans" or something else equally as pretentious. I was an orphan and one of them found me as a pup and took me in - I'm pretty sure that's the only way they ever got new blood into that place." She scoffed a little at the thought while she remembered the old, stuffy wolves that had acted as her care takers back then.

"They certainly knew what they were doing when it came to healing and herbs, but it came at the cost of being brainwashed into their way of life and believing all their spiritual ways and as you can probably imagine I was a little too... against the grain for them." That was quite possibly the understatement of the year, but it painted a picture. She nuzzled into Fel's scruff as she continued to give her little bits of affection and care while she spoke. Despite what her teachers might have believed, Sibyl certainly believed in the healing power of simply being there for someone and loving them in whatever way suited them best so as long as Fel would allow her to distract her form the harsh reality of what had happened then she would continue to do so.

Talk

Fel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
01-14-2021, 05:44 AM

Ruby eyes closed momentarily as Sibyl licked her cheek with affection. She really was glad to be here with the smaller woman and her male counterpart. It was the most love she'd felt since before... well, since before everything bad began to happen. Fel didn't want to change anything about the pair. Especially about sweet Sibyl. If they weren't able to join the pack... would she be able to leave and join them?

Dark ears pricked forward as Sibyl began telling her of her early life. In her minds eye, Fel could see a young, pale pup, learning all that there was to know about healing and herbs. She could also see the rebellious youngling who refused to be shaped and molded. It was as sweet and whimsical an upbringing as Sibyl was herself.

Sibyl nosed into the thicker fur of her neck and Fel practically purred. Seeing and feeling the care that the smaller fae directed towards her gave the dark woman hope. She knew that there would be an end to this. It simply wasn't here yet. She hadn't reached the finish line.

"Thank you for sharing with me," the woman spoke softly, curling her neck to pull the pallid fae close. Lifting her top leg, Fel slid into Sibyl, chest to chest. Heart to heart. "Thank you for everything," she whispered. Hopefully Sibyl would know what she meant.

"Speech"