size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-16-2020, 12:29 PM
i'll be watching
from the center of the hollow moon

A sharp inhale. The Archer takes in the scent of muddy earth, sands, salt and fish. The view before him laid out a patchwork of land and sea, as slices of streams and creeks sat side by side strips of land until reaching out into open ocean. The large piece of land a rather large island, lush with forestry. The afternoon was still bright but the breeze off the ocean much colder then inland, he realized. Judas had not much experience when it came to oceans. Having grown up into the Dell only to leave his birth pack and move to the Lore, Judas had not experienced much of an ocean until he had branched off on his travels. He had smelt it, seen it from afar but until now he had not the full experience of what it was like to live near a coast.

Nose crinkling to the sharp salty scents, he padded along the slivers of land, hoping and dashing between the streams going out to the coast from one little island to the next. If he was lucky, he would find an easy meal trapped within one of the tide pools around here. Judas didnt often hunt large game and when it came to getting smaller prey he would try to get away with scavenging and stealing rather then to do the work of it all his own. Typical for the dark Archer, who now looked for an easy meal.

"."

Ramiel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Avella
12-16-2020, 02:02 PM
The ocean had always seemed an elusive thing to the Dark Archer. It wasn't something newly discovered as a small pup discovers the world outside its den for the first time. He'd just never been as close to it as he was then. He stood a few paces from his brother taking in the scent of the salty air. A moment later he focused on the way the sand felt between his paw pads. This was a new experience for Ramiel but not an unpleasant one.

The breeze across the sand ruffled his dark fur as he moved up next to Judas. This was the first time in what seemed a long time where it was just the two of them wandering about. It was what they did best after all.

"Here we are like old times," stated the Dark Archer, "You think we'll manage to scare up a little dinner here?" It was the first thing that came to mind to say since he'd not told Judas about his family. He still wasn't sure he was ready to go into it with Judas or anyone for that matter just yet.

Judas I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-18-2020, 01:18 PM
i'll be watching

Judas could hear his brother's approach, now far off as they moved lazily throughout the new territory. They had nothing else better to do, after all. For the two Archer brothers, life for them had mostly been taken one step at a time. They lived each day in the moment, trying to enjoy life best they could. As far as Judas knew, at least when it came to himself, they had no ultimate goals, nothing specific to strive for nor did they find themselves held down by politics, being the very best in their trade or leading a pack. They were free men and that's the way Judas liked it.

They are hungry men, too and though Judas wasnt damned good at the hunt like Ellery may have been, he knew how to survive, whatever the circumstances. One day at a time, as said. "Might get lucky and find something to snag." He stated, pawing at the cakey earth. "Kinda glad those kids ran off. The Dell can be a bit much." He was sure his brother could agree. Pack life was come and go for Judas, who while he quite enjoyed his friends and family, found the rules, structure and discipline of a pack a bit overwhelming and oh so boring.

"."

Ramiel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Avella
12-25-2020, 08:00 PM
Since talking with Judas and Ellery about their plans for winter Ramiel had felt a sense of urgency. Like they were late in the game of preparing for winter. It made him anxious which was odd for him since he wasn't an anxious man. His life for the most part had been a rather relaxed one without many worries. In the time that had passed since that conversation he hadn't taken much time to relax.

This trip with Judas that felt like old times gave him that chance to take things a little more slowly. He took full advantage too. Keeping up with his brothers lazy pace the Dark Archer sniffed here and there for signs of something to eat. "We might at that," he agreed, "If we're lucky it'll be something big enough for the three of us." Ramiel turned his gaze on his brother at what he said next. "The Dell is a pretty intense place. Its probably best Clouse and Scully left when they did and got away from what would surely be waiting for them." The Archer knew he didn't have to elaborate because his brother knew.

Judas I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-31-2020, 01:12 PM
i'll be watching

"Ain't much for room for men there." Judas agreed, digging at the dirt with a large paw where a clam was hidden. He'd never had clam before and had he not thought it was a rock, wouldnt have known how to eat it either. Not worth the effort. "I'm sure they are pleased to have Gaia and Rashina." He mentioned on behalf of his daughters. "Rashina seems to have a lot of interest for our Goddess." And for that he was proud of, for Judas followed the Moon in more ways then one. The Dell witches were awfully sexist but as far as Judas waa considered, the Moon glowed for him same as it did them.

He had been back into his mother's realm far longer then his original intention and he had his first litter to blame for that. Of course he would never take back his time with Nineva or the birth of his children but with pups to protect and care for Judas wasnt about to just abandon ship. Although he didnt care for pack life and all in intelled, he did care for family.

Taking a few hops around another stream of creek moving faster as it approached the ocean, his ears perked at a particular creature moving about a near river bed. It was a 'Fisher' which to Judas looked like the biggest and fattest weasel he'd ever seen and it was dragging out a quite hefty fish from the waters. "Take a look at that." He spoke, nosing towards the creature and its kill.

"."

Ramiel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Avella
01-01-2021, 04:12 PM
"No, there's not," The Dark Archer agreed, "Which is why I haven't understood why we have to take Clouse back." This was something that had been bothering Ramiel since they'd set out in this mission. There had been plenty of them in the past he was happy to do. Knowing the life Clouse would have had not motivated him to work very hard at finding his nephew. Judas went on to speak of Gaia and Rashina, "I'm sure they are. You would think they would be too occupied with them to care much about a male pups return." Ramiel nodded, "She does and I do hope she keeps that interest for it will lead her well in the future." The moon mother hadn't let him down which made him sure it would be the same for Rashina.

After all it was moon mother who had led him to find his mate he was happy with and have a daughter. He may not have ever had a family of his own had it not been for the Goddess. He may have lost them and returned to the Dell but he didn't blame his diety.

Ramiel was right behind his brother as he hopped around the stream. His silver gaze caught the movement of a creature up a head. It wasn't something he'd seen before but it certainly could be something to eat. His eyes didn't leave it as his brother spoke. "We should catch it, bring it back with us," he suggested turning his gaze on Judas. That was what they'd come for after all.

Judas I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
01-10-2021, 12:01 PM
i'll be watching

Judas found himself shrugging at his brother's words, adding his own input of thought on the manner. "I think it's more Nineva wanting him back then the mothers, really." And then he went onto think of his two daughters and that, maybe one day, one of them would find themselves rising to power in place of the witches who now ruled it. But the witches devotion to the Moon was absolute-who knew how long Moon Mother's power would alow them to live beyond the ages. "My guess, is that after winter and once the pups are closer to yearlings, Nineva will move the lot of them out." Though, he didnt know if his daughters would stay behind or not. Ultimately, Judas would leave their decisions in life as just that-their decisions.

Then, a change in subject as their distractions took them away to the possibility of food to have. "Take what-the fish or the creature carrying off the fish?" Judas chuckles at his brother, though either way offered the other Archer a playful snip to his cheek and took off into the direction of the large weasel-thing. They would take both if they could. Apparently however, the fisher had no intention of giving away his food or himself without a fight. Seeing the dark hound charging after him, he fluffed all out, hissing and swiping aggressively. It was enough to cause Judas to slide to a stop and he couldn't decide if he should laugh at the creature or be a little weary.

"."

Ramiel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Avella
01-10-2021, 09:27 PM
Ramiel nodded in agreement at what Judas said about Nineva. "I'm sure your right. Nineva is rather protective of her children." Ramiel still believed the mothers had some interest in the boy. They would care more about the girls though so that their teachings could be passed down. He didn't know what would happen with his nieces in the future but he hoped they would not remain with the mothers. His ears swiveled toward his brother as he spoke again. "Will you go looking for her?" It was a question he felt relevant as he knew how Judas felt about the Hervok woman. He kept his tone even as he ask despite the jealousy that coursed through him. His brother couldn't know, not yet anyway.

Ramiel found the change of subject a little annoying but they needed to eat and they had found something to hunt. "Judas you know me. I say we take both. Two for the fight of one." The weasel thing wasn't huge but it looked like it might put up quite the fight. He let out a low playful growl at his brother for the nip he'd recieved. He didn't waste time before following Judas toward the creature. When they were a little closer he split off and moved to get around behind the fisher.