An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
12-27-2020, 07:35 PM

He'd remained in Auster for a few days, stewing silently over all the ways things had gone horribly, terribly wrong over the season. Hana had left without another word and Az still had no way to tell whether or not she was okay. Diablo had returned the next day, though Az hadn't been able to bring himself to ask the bat how the walk had been for her. He didn't have the courage to go straight home and face her or Venom either - first he had to get out some of his pent-up anger.

Auster wasn't as full of life as Boreas was, and most of the prey had begun to migrate for fall. The sadistic heir didn't think killing a deer would make him feel better right now anyways, he wanted a real fight with spilled blood and torn flesh. Before he knew it, he'd found himself at the border of Aerie. A pack they'd once raided, the territory where Venom had been born. Which pack in particular he attacked didn't matter to him, only that he'd find some way to release the wrath building inside of him.

He could have howled to make the challenge official-like, but Azure wasn't here for anything as ridiculous as a pack challenge. As long as he provoked someone into battle he'd be happy, and so to skip the inevitable chit chat he merely stepped across the scent line. Nothing of this territory was very familiar to him, though as he walked he imagined how it might have looked back when it was his Empress' home.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Trick 2019
12-27-2020, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2020, 09:02 PM by Riva.)

Life in the pack had been somber of late. The tiny healer had finished building her garden, the irrigation system kept it watered, and her careful wondering - not too far from the borders - had extended its variety. Soon it would be a bustling healers dream, so long as she continued to give it love and care.

It was about the only thing she felt she could build. Her life in Aere had been.. Stressful. With the death of her beloveds brother, her sons Uncle, and everything this pack and those she cared about were going through.

She had been across the border today, doing some gathering and taking note of where things grew outside the pack lands. She had the misfortune of crossing back over in the same place as the intruder, his scent raising the hairs on the back of her head, alarm shooting through her. No. hadn’t Aerie gone through enough?

Raising herself tremulous to all twenty five of her inches, and puffing out her coat, her healer bag slapping at her side, she stepped forward. “Excuse me, can I help you?”

""  

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
12-27-2020, 09:11 PM

When the scent of another reached him, Azure felt finally maybe his prayers had been answered. He'd get into a good fight, come home with an ear or something and feel like he accomplished something beyond ruining every relationship he'd ever had. When it was a tiny woman who approached him and - fuck, was she seriously asking an intruder if she could help him? Azure shook his head, exasperated. "Look lady, I've had it to here-" He lifted his paw to gesture above his head. "-With soft, small women. I've hurt enough of them already, so you can just turn your ass around and walk away and I'll pretend you weren't the first wolf I laid eyes on." If she pushed him he supposed she would do, but Az desperately wanted a real target to get his wrath out on. Someone to help him forget Hana, not remind him of her.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Trick 2019
12-27-2020, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2020, 09:15 PM by Riva.)

The man seemed almost reasonable, in a strange sort of way, but his words - well, he spoke of hurting another. Riva, who would throw herself in front of a lion (and, indeed, had done so) for the sake of helping a stranger, set her jaw. She was not going to back down, just because this stranger looked a little growley.

She continued forward, moving until she stood in front of him, and sat down. “No. My small children are this pack. I will not move. If you need aid, I will help you. Whatever it may be, and whatever the risk to myself. But I will not allow you to harm those I love here. I’m sorry.” her ears lay flat against her skull as she stared the very, very tall brute down. He wanted to find a wolf to hurt? He would have to go through her.

""

Baal

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Treat 2019
12-27-2020, 09:31 PM
He was patrolling the borders. Thoughts of the funeral and of the family that had died so far heavy on his mind. His mother. Malleus. Aureus...each one seemed to add another weight on him, and he wasn't sure how much more he could keep it all down. His mother's death had been the first heavy blow. And since then he had kept spiraling. He had emotionally closed himself off, even keeping things from his own brother. He was full of anger and hatred for the world that kept taking those he loved away. And while he knew he had a part in it by keeping the rest closed off, he felt it had been necessary. He couldn't get hurt if he didn't get close to them, right? But these days, that was starting to sound like the wrong idea.

As he walked in silence and seething anger, he heard voices ahead. Ears perked, and the dark Abraxas stalked along until he spotted them. Phyrric's woman was talking to someone he didn't recognize. Someone who didn't belong here. Hackles rose as his eyes narrowed, the large male heading straight towards them with his teeth bared. "Trying to give an intruder a chance to get off easy? That's not how Aerie does things." He had never spoken to Riva, or even bothered to meet her. But she had been here long enough to know how the pack worked. Turning to the intruder, he growled "You chose the wrong day for this."  He threw back his head to alert the other pack members before settling into a battle stance. Regardless of the outcome of this, he was going to at least try to chase off the trespasser with a reminder not to do it again.

Zagan Abraxas vs Azure for Minor maim (Scarring from corner of muzzle to base of ear)
Round: 0/?
Size: Large
Build: Heavy
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Beginner Hunter
Specialty: N/A

Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
12-27-2020, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2020, 09:34 PM by Kai.)
This whole fatherhood thing was a pain. Well, in a mostly good way, he supposed. Kai just wasn't used to staying in one place and, getting the impression that Justice wasn't the most watchful mother, Kai figured he ought to sort of stick around in case one of his kids needed him. Hopefully as they got older they'd spend more time with him, and if he was lucky at least one of them might want to go adventuring with him. Whatever they decided he'd support them fully, as his father had always done for him, offering appropriate guidance and unconditional love along the way. The thought filled him with joy - but that joy was all but forgotten when a familiar scent touched his nose.

He didn't know the kid's name but Kai knew that he'd pissed him off. He'd gone looking for a fight and he'd lost it on Kai, trying to break his damn tusked. He'd gotten the kid pretty good too - he could only hope he'd been blinded from it. Kai wasn't really one for needless violence - violence was kind of a lot of work for little reward, and he much enjoyed things that gave him more pleasure - but he'd been a nasty fighter and he'd rubbed Kai the wrong way. Catching onto his scent trail he hurried after it, all but ignoring the borders he crossed. Borders my ass, he thought grimly to himself. He'd stay far away from traps and the like, deciding to never again be a slave or indentured servant or whatever you wanted to call it, but pack borders still didn't scare him half as much as they probably should. It wasn't that he was brave, he was just reckless, and that showed in his cocky gait as he trailed across the territory to catch up to him.

He had no idea where he was, or what exactly Azure was here for. All he knew was that he didn't like him and he'd caught him in a mood. "Hey! Hey you!" He caught sight of Azure facing off with a very small woman. "Watch out, this kid's a little shit! Tried to damn near disembowel me! Little fucker!" Okay, not quite, but his tusks were such an integral part of him now that losing them would've felt just as painful, he was entirely sure of it, and thus he wouldn't soon forget how quickly their fight had escalated. Before he could take another step further, another wolf was aiming to attack him, to which Kai let out a gleeful little bark. Now this was a show he was down to watch.

Ragna

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-27-2020, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2020, 09:56 PM by Ragna.)

Ragna had just finished her patrol and had settled down for a nap when her new companion, a macaque, dove into her den to tell her of an intruder. She swore loudly. Skælingr was off on a trip to gather more crating supplies. He should be arriving home any minute but for now it looked like she'd need to answer the call. She just prayed it wasn't a raid.

Ragna raced out of the den and arrived to see one of the Abraxas warriors already confronting a strange youth. So she instead turned her attention to the other man yelling about disembowelment. Well, it was good to know this man wasn't an ally and also good to know they were fighting some sort of psychopath. She'd recommend castration. Perhaps if they removed his balls then his brains would come back and he would not behave so recklessly.

However, the tusked man was still trespassing. "It shall be handled. Now then, please step back across our border or you will find yourself in a similar situation as that spiked man."

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-27-2020, 09:56 PM

Azure did not enjoy being pushed, and though he did not anticipate on a wolf like Riva to be the one he'd spill blood with he was too far into this mess now to turn back and head home. He clenched his jaw and sighed, his choice made for him when she came before him and sat. Her blood it would be, then. One oversized paw was raised when a voice called out and broke his focus. Az couldn't say he wasn't relieved."You chose the wrong day for this." He broke from the woman to turn towards the new male, lips splitting into a grin as he was threatened. ""So did you."

He settled himself into a fighters stance, a movement that was as natural to him as breathing by this point. The pack-wolf did not attack first - which frankly Azure found only spoke to his inexperience - and Az was ready to take the initiative when one more voice caught his ear. The recognition hit him instantly, his jaw falling open with a humorless laugh. ""Oh man, you?" Az's paw lifted to jab in Kai's direction, and then he glanced back to Zagan. ""You've two intruders to deal with now, it seems." This was going so poorly that it was almost hilarious, or perhaps it was Az being overwhelmed with the day that merely cast everything in a humorous light. ""Hey, buddy, I'm sorry about - well, you know. My woman demanded of me your tusk and who was I to say no?" Mention of Venom brought the painful sting back to his chest and he set his lips back into a line.

With Kai being a weirdly chaotic variable, Azure took a few steps back. Not enough to show that he was considering running, just enough that he could watch both men carefully. The last thing he wanted was to start something with the Aerie wolf and have Kai up his tail going for his jewels as soon as his back was turned. The tusked man had already taken enough of Azure's flesh. When a fourth wolf showed up, Azure didn't find the situation very funny anymore. What had happened to a good-old fashioned honorable combat? Was this guy just waiting for his whole damn pack to show up before he attacked?

Azure Keres Fatalis vs Zagan for Minor Maim (Muzzle scarring)
Round 0/?
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Not equipped.
Defensive Battle Accessory: Not equipped.
Companion 1: Large flying fox, Male - Battle
Companion 2: Not Present.
Mutation 1: Saber fangs - Offensive
Mutation 2: Bear paws - Offensive
Mutation 3: Bone spurs - Offensive

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

12-27-2020, 10:04 PM
And then suddenly she was not the only one keeping the intruder from crossing any further into the pack. She glanced at the man, surprised at his words ‘getting off easy’ she had formed a barrier of her own flesh to ensure this battle hungry warrior did not go near her offspring. What mother would do any less?

Reserving her opinions, she stepped back, acknowledging that she was a healer and not a fighter - even if she was one that would put everything on the line to preserve life. She did not like that this was coming to battle, she would have preferred to talk the man down (or, if any blood had to be spilled, have it be hers, then another)

Another stranger appeared, a tusked man, though he seemed not to be on the side of the fanged aggressor, despite his timing. Another wolf appeared, one not terribly familiar to the healer, and this warrior took on the role of handling the tusked man. It was a lot going on in a short period of time, and Riva took a few more steps back, giving everyone room. Her eyes were on everything, observing, and seeing who would need aid first. She knew it was bound to happen sooner rather than later.

Baal

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

12-29-2020, 01:08 AM
It seemed the youth he was facing off with wasn't alone. Though the newcomer didn't seem like he was on the kids side, either as he told them the brat had nearly disembowled him. Zagan narrowed his eyes at the other stranger who had clearly trespassed too, but he didn't say anything to the second guy since another pack member had shown up to handle him. The healer had backed off to give room. Good. If she wasn't going to fight then she needed to stay out of the way. The trespassing youth spoke again, but Zagan was done hearing their childish banter. "That's enough!" He growled before erupting into a charge, aiming to come at Azure head on before darting to his right in an effort to slam the point of his shoulder into the joint of Azure's left shoulder. He sought to bruise and possibly strain (or dislocate) the limb. Simultaneously, he turned his head to his left and sought to land a solid bite on Azure's face, seeking to lacerate the left side of it potentially gain a grip if he could. At the same time, his left paw rose and sought to slam down on the other male's left paw, seeking to pin the foot to the ground if not crack a toe or two if he were lucky.

Zagan Abraxas vs Azure for Minor maim (Scarring from corner of muzzle to base of ear)
Round: 1/2

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-29-2020, 01:27 AM

The Aerie wolf moved forward against him and Azure figured if Kai was going to do an underhanded attack from behind then he'd simply need to cross that bridge when he reached it. For now his focus had to remain upon the other man, Azure clearly remembered the consequences of having an unclear mind in the middle of combat. He pulled back his teeth and snarled out a warning as Zagan initiated, his legs splaying to prepare to absorb the impact. The majority of the Fatalis family were of his own height, and he assumed Zagan would be incapable of delivering as hard a blow as a wolf who stood as high as any of them.

Azure lifted his upper body to meet the man as he came near, his left limb lifting high to avoid the jab to the tender joint of his shoulder. He aimed to bring his bear-like paw down hard upon the top of Zagan's smaller back as he came back down, though in committing to the grapple was unable to avoid the teeth upon his face. The sharp tear upon his flesh only enraged him further, as he sought to throw his weight into the smaller male to try and take him to the ground beneath him. [And, as he's lifted his left leg early on in the attack, there's nowhere for Zagan's paw to slam down upon.]

Round 1/2

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Baal

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

12-29-2020, 02:03 AM
The larger wolf would move in a way that caused Zagan's attack to his opponents paw and shoulder to miss. Honestly, he didn't have too much experience fighting wolves much larger than him, but that wouldn't stop him from trying to do all the damage he could on someone who didn't belong here. Someone who didn't seem to care about pack borders. His paw would find ground again, his limbs spreading as Azure's heavy paw came slamming down on his back. He winced with the pain and weight and knew there would likely be a bruise on his back later, but for the moment he was able to keep his footing. His teeth connected with Azure's face, earning a growl of satisfaction at least. Though when his opponent sought to try and topple him to the ground, Zagan refused to let that happen.

Instead, he released his grip on Azure's face and took a step back while shifting to his left. Hopefully, Azure would overstep and lose some of his balance. Zagan would quickly lunged forward, aiming to grab Azure's throat in his jaws and choke the bigger bastard down, lifting himself in the process in an effort to both gain a little bit of leverage while also using his body to keep Azure's paw on his back so at the very least, he'd need to work to get it off of him if he wanted to use it again.

Round: 2/2

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-29-2020, 02:24 AM

As his paw came down upon Zagan's back, Az immediately flexed the muscles of his toes with intent to clench down the long, curved claws he wore into the other man's coat. It was a way to distract and panic his opponents, as most were not prepared for the mutation Az wore and how with enough of a yank they could tear the bark off of trees. He was more desperate to force his opponent's attention away as he held onto the flesh of Az's face, and as soon as his grip was released Azure knew he couldn't afford to get so careless as to allow it again.

While Zagan taking a step back did not force his paw from his back, it did require Az to pull back from his attempted shove into the dirt. Push a little too hard against empty air and it would be Az instead finding himself downed, and he definitely couldn't have that. He moved to readjust just as Zagan rushed in to grab his throat. Azure's own muzzle titled downwards, aiming to catch the offending upper jaw in his teeth before the potential bite could land upon him. From above his flying fox [bat] joined the fray, not approving of his wolf's random intrusion but not willing to risk Az's wrath should he stand passively by. Diablo merely beat his massive wings in circles around the brawling pair, watching for opportunity to provide a helpful distraction.

Round 2/2

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
12-31-2020, 11:51 AM

And the winner is...

AZURE

ZAGAN must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out. Azure's maim is successful.

Totals:

Adjusted rolls: 75 100.1 12 76
ZAGAN'S total is.. 302.57

Adjusted rolls: 105.85 89 57 17
AZURE'S total is.. 309.18

Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
01-05-2021, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2021, 12:35 PM by Kai.)
Well now, wasn't this a fun little group? It crossed his mind that he was trespassing not long after he started to call out after Azure. Little shit had really rubbed him the wrong way, and though Kai wasn't one to see revenge - it was generally just too much damn work - that didn't mean he wouldn't go after Azure if he happened to come across him in the wild. Which, he had so luckily done today! Before he could catch up to him a stranger intercepted, informing him to step back across the border. Kai let out a huff and rolled his eyes, but he begrudgingly complied. He was a bit outnumbered here, with no allies whatsoever and while Kai was pretty damn foolish he was not that foolish. At least not right now. He did have kids, after all. He thought about them for a moment and decided against stirring up much more trouble. After all, it seemed Azure was doing that well enough on his own. "Well then. Good luck with this one," Kai gestured somewhat absently toward Azure, who - unfortunately - seemed to be holding his own quite well. "He's vicious," he explained, emphasizing the word and grimacing a bit. Ah well. His fun here was done. Not bothering to stick around to see the way the fight played out, Kai made to leave, tail whipping behind him all the while.

-exit Kai-

Skælingr

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7
01-09-2021, 12:17 PM

Skælingr returned to Aerie with a load of fire wood for crafting and cold winter nights to come. He had built a den near their living quarters specifically to store the wood and he hoped to find a way to keep it relatively dry in there. That would take some doing and some experimentation. He'd just finished unloading the wood when he heard a call that signaled there was a trespasser on their borders. Skæ bristled and quickly called for his companions before racing toward the breech. He arrived in time to see his wife facing off against a tucked man and to see Zagan taken down by some odd, spiky youth. There wasn't much to think about. He was a new warrior of Aerie and he had to try and do his duty to defend his pack, even against such a behemoth.

Skælingr charged at Azure's left side, aiming slightly in as he attempted to slam his chest into Azure's knee, hoping to strain the patella and cripple his opponent's movement. At the same time his jaws lanced forward as he sought to bite the tender area where Azure's left leg connected to his side. Again, Skælingr targeted tendons in the hopes of weakening his opponent.

Skælingr Nalin Catharsis vs Azure for Dominance
Round 1/?
Size: Medium
Companion 1: Indri lemur, Male - Battle
Companion 2: Lesser kestrel, Male - Flying
Skills: Master Intellectual & Master Fighter
Specialty: Knight

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-10-2021, 03:57 PM

The fight was brief, though Azure hardly had time to admire his handiwork upon Zagan's muzzle before another appeared. This one had an all-business air about him and unlike the younger male had no interest in chatter. That suited Az just fine, he was here to draw blood and shed some himself not to get into a dick-measuring contest.

This wolf was smaller, and Az was momentarily taken back by the body slam attempt from one half his height. His chest hit into Az's knee and the yearling seethed in pain, shuffling his weight onto his other leg and yanking the left limb backwards and up to try and prevent further damage. As the jaws flew forward, Az pulled his upper body into the air and back down in an attempt both to dodge the bite and to drive the bone spur upon his left elbow down onto the top of the wolf's neck before his bite could land.

Azure Keres Fatalis vs Skælingr for Dominance
Round 2/2
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Bloodletter

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Skælingr

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7
01-13-2021, 09:02 PM

Skælingr collided with his opponent, slamming his chest into the younger male's knee. He felt pain spread across his chest from the impact but it didn't slow him down. He had attacked with his jaws and chest at the same time but before his jaws could land on his opponent he felt a sharp along the back of his ribs as Azure's bone spur scraped down his left side, cutting through his skin. Skælingr did his best to ignore the pain as he twisted his head in once more attempt to bite where Azure's left leg connected to his side. Skæ didn't worry about his wounds. His wife could fix him up, he just needed to do his best in this fight. Ideally he wanted to win and drive the intruder away but he could settle for causing enough damage that when Eligos and the other warriors arrived it would be a small matter to put an end to this.

Skælingr Nalin Catharsis vs Azure for Dominance
Round 2/2
Size: Medium
Companion 1: Indri lemur, Male - Battle
Companion 2: Lesser kestrel, Male - Flying
Skills: Master Intellectual & Master Fighter
Specialty: Knight

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-14-2021, 05:18 PM

As his paws hit the ground once more and Skae dove to try his bite again, Az wasn't able to pull back in time. The sharp sting of puncturing teeth brought another pained snarl from his lips and he threw his head forward, craning his neck to try and land his own jaws upon the back of Skae's neck before he could retreat from his bite. He knew the fight needed to end soon, and his best chance at coming out victorious would be to use his size to his advantage. Should he be able to grab hold of the man's nape he could potentially drive him into the ground and hopefully have a chance of getting out of this territory before a half dozen more warriors chose to show up.

Azure Keres Fatalis vs Skælingr for Dominance
Round 2/2 (plz ignore post 1 where I forgot to edit this and it *also* says 2/2)
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Bloodletter

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-28-2021, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2021, 08:49 PM by The Judge.)

And the winner is...

Skælingr

Azure must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Skælingr:
Rolls: 81, 51, 10, 64
Adjusted rolls: 129.6, 51, 10, 86.4
Total: 346.25

Azure:
Rolls: 52, 78, 53, 8
Adjusted rolls: 88.4, 78, 53, 8
Total: 318.36