An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
01-04-2021, 05:21 PM
They had been on the edge of the Prairie, it wasn't far traveling to the Armada. Even as they left the prairie, the light snow layer had begun to melt and turn to sludge. His paws were muddy, and cold. He couldnt feel his nose, and yet the boy grinned. Delighted by the events of the day.

Even the Armada wasn't immune to the chill, but it felt somehow more warm and welcoming the the land outside it. It was like... coming home. Even if home wasn't always perfect, it was the only home he knew.

He stopped at the border, sticking close to his friend. He raised his head, opening his maw to call to his father and then... didn't. He paused, shuffling his feet for a moment, and blushed lightly. No, he didn't want to call dad. He might be the Warlord, but he wasnt his only parent, nor was he the only authority in the pack.
Boy wanted his mum.

"I'm going to call for my mum, the Queen"
He explained to Hikaru, and started again. Tilting his head back, wings ever so slightly loose at his back, as the dire wolf called for the Queen of the Armada.

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Intellectual (76)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
01-04-2021, 06:08 PM
The walk was incredibly longer, even worse with the snow that got dumped on them. The further east they went the more his pelt turned from white to brown, the dirt and mud showing easily on his white feet. Kaiyo was eager to get where they were going. He wanted clean and he wanted to sleep for a week. Filling his belly didn’t sound bad either. However harrowing the adventure a grin still managed to play on his lips. The expression came about almost naturally as he walked with Mortis.

Still, he felt relief when the pair of them finally arrived at the border of the Armada. Hikaru got a bit of a rundown on what to expect on their way here, and when Mort gave pace, and looked almost nervous, Hika felt his head tilt with curiosity as he peered at his friend.

Of course the winged warrior swiftly explained, he decided to call upon his mother instead of father. Kaiyo wondered why he suddenly changed his mind, but didn’t press. ”Think she’ll be more impressed by me than the Warlord?” Hikaru flexed as he teased playfully. No one would likely be impressed with his stature, not that he’d have needed it to be shinobi. ”I’m certainly ready to be warm again.” He huddled into himself as he sat back and curled his tail around his hips.

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipExplorerOoh La LaWinnerPride - Bisexual
All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
VolcanoCritical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
01-04-2021, 07:41 PM

Just as Zee had been getting used to being hornless, the telltale itch returned. At first she thought little of it, but as winter began to set in she became more and more certain that her precious mutation was returning to her. Why the weird cluster of fireflies had only borrowed the horns, she had no idea. Regardless she was pleased, and showed the happiness with every lively step she took towards the border. It wasn't often a wolf called for her rather than the warlord, though recognizing the caller as Mortis waved away any suspicion or discomfort.

She tried to keep the surprise off her face as the two yearlings came into view - one being quite obviously her son, and the other looking suspiciously like the rest of the koi-wolves who'd seemed to have flooded Boreas lately. Zee knew her eldest boys had become quick friends with Hana, was that what this was as well? A prickling worry touched the back of her neck but she swallowed it. If this boy was in any way related to Hana and her captivity, she could give him the benefit of the doubt that he was not at fault. "Mortis." She greeted simply, giving her winged son a smile. "Who's your friend?"

"Speech"

Sirius as her husband may crash any of Zee's threads.

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.
During combat, Zee wears a wrapping of thorns around her kudu horns.

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
01-04-2021, 08:52 PM
Mortis grinned at Hikaru as the last of call faded away, but shook his head. "Sometimes its just easier to call for mum." He hesitated, unsure about getting into too much of the tension between himself and his father. And explaining who his obsessive, unpredictable warlord of a father was... well, sometimes he didn't quite have the words. "Sirius just has... a lot of expectations of me. Zee will love you for being you, instead of judging you for who you might be to me." Hikaru would have to see for himself. Until then, he would get to meet his mother, and settle in. If Zee gave someone permission to enter, Sirius was more likely to respect them - he trusted his wife's opinion more then his own. The winged boy grinned. Was it sneaky, calling for his mum? Maybe. But he did it anyway. He wanted to give Hikaru the best start he could.

He leaned into the muddy white boy, wondering if they might be able to borrow some of his mothers soaps, taking a harrowing bath, and then dry off with a fire outside his den. It sounded like a good evening to him. A bit of daring, some relaxation, and good company for the whole thing.

His mother arrived shortly after that, and, not being one to sit still easily, he bounced his weight back and forth a moment, and then sprang to his feet. Greeting his shorter mother with a kiss on the cheek. "This is Kaiyo Hikaru. He helped me save Saphs life, and waiting out a snow storm in the prairie with me. He's a fighter, and he-I-... we were hoping he could join the Armada. Maybe?" He started out strong, putting in a few good words for his friend. But he started to stumble over his words, a hunt of color in his cheek, and his feet shuffled. He had taken a seat so he wasnt towering over Zee, and he looked up at her with huge, hopeful, blue eyes. Mortis gave to everyone. His time, his strength, his kindness. He didn't often ask for something in return.

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Intellectual (76)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
01-04-2021, 09:14 PM
Mortis explained himself despite Kaiyo’s teasing tone, but the boy couldn’t blame his new friend. Not that his own mother hadn’t been as hard as his father. He wasn’t sure that he had ever impressed either of them. Hikaru was not the favorite child. ”Interesting,” he returned softly as he leaned into Mort’s thick coat. His reprieve in the frozen land. He held his manners but at this point he didn’t care who he had to meet, he was half frozen and ready to get the mud off his fur.

The Queen didn’t welcome him with open arms that was for sure, not that Hikaru would be offended at that. She was cautious, as he would be. However, Mortis seemed unperturbed and made his way to his mother’s side with haste. Mort showed his confidence to begin with, but faltered as he reached the end. Kaiyo stood up, and not one to forget the useless lesions drilled into him, gave Zee a respectful bow as he approached as well.

”Pleased to meet you,” He started where Mort left off, but refrained from kissing her. ”I can prove my strength if you need me to, but I’d ask you wait until my toes have thawed.” The young not-quite shinobi offered with a chuckle and reassuring look towards Mortis. Suddenly worried that he wouldn’t be allowed entry.