Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

01-04-2021, 12:09 PM
Question me? All of your doubt feeds my desire.

Snow and bitter-cold took a once colorful landscape and wiped it clean. It felt much like a reflection of her life, bleak or simply just unwritten. She had sacrificed much with the promise of a fresh start. That was exactly what she got, but never did she imagine it would be so difficult to move on from the past. A harsh breeze whipped into her back like an icy razor. Rather than take shelter inside a clammy castle where the air was packed with dust that irritated her sinuses, she found reliable shelter just outside the castle walls. Beyond the ruin and open field that surrounded its borders lay a grove of trees. Their tops remained bare, but their roots would still provide ample shelter. If nothing else she was eager to explore and maybe find something pretty to stick between the pages of a book. Despite the harsh-cold, winters here were tolerable even with the short bursts of daylight. It was more than she could ask for given the few sunless months back in Candenta. Thankfully the sun stuck around and she could bask in its rays till the clouds hid it from sight.

Nox kept a watchful eye on the trees in the distance and soon the barren plains disappeared, and she entered a densely wooded area, dotted with various shrubs and bushes. Some of them bore no berries at all but others had a handful or so of variants likely hardened to the winter air. She was not knowledgeable enough to differentiate which were poisonous and which were edible. Although she determined a few of them might have been elderberries though she dare not eat them without being completely sure. However, the birds seemed to like them just fine. She watched a colorful one swoop down and land on the branch of an oak tree. It tilted its head and puttered on either foot before swooping down to pluck a berry with its beak. Once it was satisfied it fluttered off with its bounty. Nox determined that beneath the outstretched arms of that same oak tree would make a fine place to rest. The wind still nipped through the cluster of trees but it was less-so. At the very least, she had somewhere peaceful to lay as she decluttered her thoughts.

I'm gonna make my own empire.

Thanks to Bird for the table help!
Lupa is Nox's bodyguard and second-in-command. While she clearly does her own thing, he's usually not far behind unless instructed otherwise.

[Image: g1hkYWI.png]

Laying down my past I scream.

This is not the end of me.

Time to bury it or me.

I can't take back who I've been but this is where I'll start again.

Iroh

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
KatG2

Treat 2019
01-07-2021, 02:28 PM
Iroh returned to the Wildberry grove, certain that he’d left one of his best tea bowls the last time the pair of them had been out here. It quickly became a favorite spot of the new couple and Iroh had been a little… preoccupied by his lovely mate that he’d misplaced some important items. Or at least he hoped he did, he really didn’t want to give the bowls up to just being gone. Iroh made his way to the little campsite that had become he and Elise’s little getaway, finding it undisturbed. The once camp fire, a bit of dry wood, and old fur that wasn’t worth carting back to Aerie.

What he found most appealing was the small bowl made for tea. A relieved sigh left his massive chest and to celebrate his find he decided to brew some tea before making the trip back. Carefully the female mandrill Sarabai rebuilt the fire as Iroh searched out the tiny spring nearby to get some fresh water. On his way back he stumbled upon the oak tree the dark woman was underneath.

Iroh was a naturally curious and friendly wolf despite his family’s history. The woman looked alone and lost with her thoughts, ”excuse me.” Iroh aimed to interrupt as politely as possible. ”You look like you could use some warmth, my companion is building a fire up ahead. I’ll soon have some tea on.” Iroh gestured vaguely. ”If you’d like an invitation.” He added with a smile before picking his teapot back up and leading the way to camp.
Where My Demons Hide

Lupa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
01-08-2021, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 09:10 AM by Lupa.)
Get up off your knees girl

Lupa strolled along the bailey. The courtyard of the castle loomed off below him. This was the highest accessible point Lupa could find and was a great spot to watch the surrounding area and make sure no harm came to Nox. Lupa couldn’t explain why he was compelled to find the highest point. It always comforted him knowing he could see everything coming from miles around. Nox had been exploring the meadow near the castle for some time and he sat watching her from a distance. When Nox began to move toward the forest he hopped down the pile of rubble at the base of a tower and jogged out the bridge.

There was something that sired in the winter air that made him uneasy. The feeling of being watched made Lupa more cautious than normal. Quickly picking up her trail, he moved towards the tree line. After a few minutes, he could see her eyeing some berries at the base of an elderberry tree. This woman is helpless when it came to nature. Lupa though with a chuckle. Fond memories of the hours he spent with Nox and the kids trying to teach them how to find food and teaching them what was deadly.

After that, Lupa was left to do the food gathering. The only one out of the litter that had any skill at poisons was Eclipse. They were all good at their own things, but she stood out. Lupa silently climbed the side of a downed tree till he was about twenty-foot off the ground or so and watched her nestle beneath the shelter of an oak. The winter sun warmed his fur coat and relaxed his achy shoulder. It had been a year since he had sliced it open and it still ached from time to time. The forest sung to him and he closed his eyes to listen. Only opening them to make sure Nox was ok. Lupa watched as a stranger approached. Keeping still and silent he watched the interaction.

And stand face to face with your God.

Nox Nightingale

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

01-08-2021, 11:25 AM

There was much stuck between the pages of her mind. Some pages were entirely filled with the screaming verses of her life, and others left partially empty, never to be written. She was glad to abandon a few lesser-beloved chapters, but others weighed on her soul. The greatest weight that sat upon her chest was the loss of her children. Lovers were temporary, friends could be replaced, but family was something different entirely. She missed her daughters and fretted over her only son. He was more than capable, but she wondered if he had parted a moment too soon to truly learn everything she had to teach him. He had all the makings of a ruler, but many young Kings found themselves cut down in their prime due to ignorance.

The type of leader he was to become depended on her teachings. Nox had preached fair but firm leadership. The type that was kind to one’s people, loyal to one’s family, and ruthless with their enemies. He was never to beg or lash-out, think before acting, and maintain a neutral-outlook on conflict beyond his borders unless it suited a purpose. At the very least, she hoped he remembered ‘loyalty to one’s family’, which so far, he had neglected to fulfill. What could a mother do in that instance but let her child make their own decisions? Nox could only hope that she instilled those values in him before he experienced the consequences they bore.

Often she became entranced in her thoughts like that: Pulled into a sort of daydream where the world carried on, but she remained perfectly still. It was not until a sound interrupted her thoughts did she stir. Nox blinked rapidly and looked up to find a rather large gentleman trying to get her attention. Warm irises darted up, not so much startled but surprised to find him there. The voice certainly did not match its vessel. Deep baritones rippled throughout the woods though the words were not harsh but gentle in nature. Nox hesitated but then he mentioned something that she found rather enticing… “Tea?” She repeated, hoping that she heard him right. And even more intriguing than that... Did he say fire? The stranger proceeded to bend over and pick something up. Nox strained to see what the object was, watching it dangle from his jaws. She had seen objects like it before, but never really considered what they were used for.

Whatever the case, she hopped to her paws and followed him through the woods. Admittedly, it had occurred to her then that it could be a trap. If that were the case, she hoped at-least the tea was real. “Thank you for the kind offer.” She remarked catching up to him. Her eyes darted over the metal piece he carried. She assumed it was likely an ‘old-ones’ creation because she had not known any other species to be capable of such craftmanship.  “But I must ask, what is that object you are holding? And did you mention fire?” She appeared rather surprised at the prospect. However, after speaking, Nox retracted as though she made a mistake. "Forgive me, these lands, locals, and customs are all very new to me." Nox explained, waiting patiently for answers if any at all, seeing as his mouth was already occupied.

Lupa is Nox's bodyguard and second-in-command. While she clearly does her own thing, he's usually not far behind unless instructed otherwise.

Time to bury it or me.

Iroh

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
KatG2

Treat 2019
01-09-2021, 12:44 PM
Iroh hadn’t even seen the other wolf that accompanied the lady, but maybe that was his intention. Iroh offered a short nod, welcoming him along as well, before he returned to business. Iroh was just being a polite neighbor, they could happily join him… or not and he wouldn’t take any offense. The last intention was to cause harm to the strangers. He seemed to have caught the woman’s attention well enough, enticing her with a spot of tea. He grinned through the handle in his mouth as he heard her follow.

Massive paws carved their way through the forest floor, keeping a slow pace so that the she wolf might catch up to him. By now he could begin to smell the fire, which always brought about thoughts of Elise. He missed her, and cursed himself silently for not bringing her with him. Still, he had company to keep his mind at bay. Blue and lavender eyes glanced in her direction as she spoke while they walked.

All her questions would be answered when they arrived at the make shift camp. Sarabi tended the flames and Iroh placed the cast iron teapot in the flames. His attention quickly diverted back to the woman. ”Iroh Abraxas,” he offered his name with a bow of his head. ”It’s a pleasure to meet you and to have you for tea today.” Iroh set out the two bowls he now had asn the deft handed mandrill placed the dried leaves into each bowl for when the tea was ready. ”It’s called a teapot, you place it in the fire and it warms water within.” He explained, ”It also makes an excellent blunt force weapon.” His deep chuckle echoed through his chest.

He sat back comfortably and waited for the water to warm. ”So, where do you hail from?” She mentioned not being from Boreas. Technically Iroh had been born in Auster, but he considered himself fully native.
Where My Demons Hide

Nox Nightingale

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

01-11-2021, 12:08 AM

She followed him through the frost-touched woods. It was not too far of a walk. He led her into a small makeshift camp where a fire crackled in salutations. Nox paused in her pursuit as a strange creature came into view. It poked and prodded the fire with ease, clasping objects with no difficulty at all. She could not help but gawk at the creature. The most peculiar thing about it: A touch of color on the face, a bit of blue and red. It was a striking combination especially with the fire's warm light caressing its cheeks. She hesitated in her approach but ultimately found the fire too alluring. While she warmed her paws over the flames, her host set the metal-object over the fire. He then began to satisfy each question with an answer, starting with a name.

He said his name was Iroh Abraxas, which like many of the characters she’d come across, sounded rather exotic. The fellow was already intriguing to the eyes and ears. Why not frame it all together with a unique name? Nox returned the gesture with a graceful smile and nod of similar value. “I concur, it is a treat to have been invited.” It was not often she was invited to anything, really. Tea was not a common occurrence in the places she visited, but it seemed that was about to change. “Nox Nightingale but please. just Nox.” She studied the pot as flames flickered beneath it. He explained what the object was, and she nodded, entranced by the light show.

Nox giggled softly at the jest, though it only partly seemed to be. The imagery of whipping around the metal-pot by the handle in an attempt to bash a head or two sounded rather amusing. “Very fascinating. Where did you acquire it, if you do not mind me asking?” Her eyes drifted to the bowls watching with interest as a blend of herbs was placed into them. “What blend will we be indulging?” She asked casually before reclining infront of the fire. Nox did not know much about herbs but she knew tea. Some of her favorite teas consisted of hibiscus petals, honey, and elderberries. Hibiscus petals for fragrance, honey as a sweetener, and elderberries for a slightly-tart finish. He was clearly the more experienced between them regarding the art of tea-making. She dearly hoped he would part with some of the information. When he spoke, she looked up from the fire and granted him a polite nod. “A land very far and different from this one. Some call it the great-north or I have heard it called Rush-sia-a before.” Nox rolled her shoulders back, allowing the heat of the fire to loosen her tense muscles. “I am still not sure what these lands are called. Would you enlighten me?” Now was as good a time as any to ask, right?

Time to bury it or me.

Iroh

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
KatG2

Treat 2019
01-12-2021, 05:42 PM
The lady didn’t hesitate to make herself at home on the meager comforts that he could provide here. The campsite was nowhere near as well looked after as when Elise brought him here to surprise him. The thought always made him grin, but he was obviously focused on Nox as she returned her own name politely. Iroh nodded politely once more before his attention returned to the teapot as steam trickled from the spout.

He wasn’t sure if she giggled out of politeness or true amusement in answer to his humor, but he appreciated it all the same. ”It was a gift from Sarabi,” he gestured to the mandrill as she tended the fire further. ”Her troop had access to all kinds of odd artifacts. She’s taught me everything I know.” Iroh chuckled lightly again as the steam shifted to a steady pour. Just right. ”Classic green tea leaves.” He answered as he nudged the second bowl closer to Nox before carefully lifting the heated pot and pouring the hot water over the leaves in the bowls.

The water swirled lightly with the dried leaves and quickly grew fragrant. ”My travel rations.” Iroh explained further as he lowered the pot close to the fire, but no longer sitting in the flames. Finally he relaxed his huge form back onto his haunches as he allowed the tea to steep. ”Far indeed.” He commented on her native land quietly as she went on with another inquiry, what was this place called? ”The continent you currently stand on is Auster, and not far north from here there is a beach bridge to the mainland of Boreas.” He explained as his head lowered to carefully lap at the hot liquid.
Where My Demons Hide