size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
01-13-2021, 03:30 PM

Hikaru was growing more comfortable with the terrain and landscape by the day. Mortis helped him get his baring's and the best start possible now it was up to him to make the best for himself. He decided to take Hana’s advice and bring himself to the fire that was supposed to draw the pack in with its warmth surely here he would find new faces that he could try and remember and start to form bonds within the pack. They were supposed to be a cohesive unit, and he couldn’t add to that if he didn’t attempt to integrate himself.

The medium built koi loped easily towards the ever burning bonfire, but it seemed like he’d chosen a poor day. The sky was mostly overcast, hinting at snow, and the air was frigid and cruel. Hikaru shivered once and hurried his was to the fire, sure to grab a couple more branches to feed it while he enjoyed the warmth.

Acciona

Loner
Student

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

Halloween 2020 - Haunted House
01-15-2021, 12:51 AM

Since returning to the Armada, Acciona had done little to acquaint herself with any of her packmates. Besides Sirius, it was unlikely that any of them had even remembered she was once part of the pack, as she’d been there for such a short time before being taken again. When she returned, she’d vowed to herself that she would try harder to be better and to show that she was worth letting back in the pack. It was much more difficult for her in practice than it had been when she came up with the idea on her way back. The strange events that had unfolded before her return had rattled her more than she initially realized, and it had driven her back into the shadows were she used to reside.

Isolation was not the way to get better, though. She knew that she had to push herself to step out of her comfort zone, no one was going to come calling and drag her out into the world. She had to be willing to make the first step, so she made her way to the bonfire. Others seemed to gather there, and while she usually only saw them from a distance, uneasy about the idea of going over when there was a crowd. Today there seemed to be only one figure there, one she didn’t even slightly recognize. Maybe they were new, and maybe they would be easier for her to try and talk to.

Slowly, she moved in, nodding to the man as she approached. "Hello. Do you mind if I sit?" She nodded to a spot within conversational distance. Socialization wasn’t something she was good at, but this was a start. Right?

"Speech."

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Intellectual (76)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-15-2021, 09:48 AM

Hikaru was alone but not for very long, his steel gray eyes looked up to see the small woman as she approached quietly. The young koi couldn’t say he recognized her in the least, but then again he was quite new to the Armada himself. Hikaru managed to place his branches on the flame as she approached and greeted him politely. The young koi offered a smile and a polite nod in greeting as she asked to join him.

”Please do.” Hikaru returned with a welcoming gesture of his pale paw. ”I was told if I hung out here long enough that I’d start to meet more of the pack.” Which was obviously sound advice as she made her way here. ”You can call me Hikaru,” he told her politely as he settled himself close to the flame for warmth. ”I’ve only just joined,” he added on, trying to start the conversation.

Acciona

Loner
Student

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

01-15-2021, 02:51 PM

She let out a small breath when he offered for her to sit, smiling as she got comfortable. It was cold out, but the warmth of the fire was nice and she was beginning to understand why so many tended to gather here. It was a shame she’d kept her distance for so long. "I’m Acciona, and just recently returning, It’s nice to meet you." She wasn’t sure what else to say. She felt self conscious about every word that came from her mouth, even though it all sounded perfectly normal to her. "Are you from Boreas originally?" It was the only thing she could think to ask. It was a good ‘getting to know you’ type of question, right?

"Speech."

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-15-2021, 04:20 PM

She seemed to relax a little once he invited her in, and Hikaru tried to be as welcoming as possible. That was weird to think about considering how short a time he’d been that he would feel that way. Hikaru gave a heavy sigh and leaned back onto the massive log behind him and Acciona gave her reply. It seemed like she didn’t have much more experience inside the Armada than he did, and was likely here for the same reason. A meet and greet, form bonds, or at least learn some names. She did a better job of really starting the conversation, and much like Mortis asked if he was from Boreas.

”No, a land rather far from here.” Sometimes he missed his first home, the place he was born and raised and planned to die in. ”I almost died in a blizzard when Mortis found me.” He assumed she knew who Mortis was, or at least recognized the name. By this point he wondered if the Armada had a habit of finding the misfits. ”What about you?”

Acciona

Loner
Student

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

01-15-2021, 04:34 PM

She was glad to have run into someone new, someone who wasn’t already well established. It made it feel a little easier to talk to him, she didn’t feel quite as much like she needed to have everything together. There was nothing to suggest to her that others in the pack would be critical of her taking time to settle in, but she couldn’t help but feel anxious about it. Meeting new wolves always made her nervous, but it helped to know that the one she was meeting now might not be in such a different position than she was.

"I also come from a place quite far from here. Sirius found me a while back, he saved me, as well." It wasn’t a blizzard that had nearly done her in, but she was positive that death would have found her sooner rather than later if she hadn’t found a home in the Armada. "What was your last home like, if you don’t mind my asking?" She wasn’t sure what prompted the question, but she wondered what other places were like. The Armada was vastly different from anything she’d known before, and she wondered if this was what it was supposed to be like. She wondered what kinds of things drove other people away from their homes to seek a new start for themselves.

"Speech."

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-15-2021, 05:13 PM

Just trying to fit in was a good way to explain it, but thankfully Hikaru also had Mortis to lean on. There were few wolves he could truly consider his ally. He’d found wolves from his homeland, but Mortis made sure he had a home here. Hikaru was always described as soft around the edges, and that proved true now as it did then. Hika wasn’t sure if it was luck or fate that brought him to Mortis, but the Armada had a habit of saving everyone. The young koi gave her a quick glance, and with a feeling of camaraderie a bright grin. Not that being saved was something to brag about, but there was something about the Armada elite. They were tough on the outside but cared deeply on the inside. He warmed inwardly at how Mortis showed that quality outside as well, his heart was surely made of gold.

”Oh nothing like this.” He started instead of assuring her the question was welcome to be asked. ”The wolves were so different, the culture, the fighting styles, the land…” He went on and on, becoming a little wistful as he saw the cherry blossoms in his mind’s eye. Hika was somewhere far away very suddenly. ”Despite all the differences, I’ve never felt like I’ve belonged somewhere like I do this place.” Hika hummed slightly as he turned his attention to the fire. He poked at the logs a bit before leaning back. ”Was your home as different” Steel gray eyes looked back over at her light features as the fire came back to life.

Acciona

Loner
Student

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

01-15-2021, 05:32 PM

She could see it in his eyes that memories of the place he came from didn’t bring back any negative feelings. It didn’t seem like he had fled from some terrible place, just a place he liked, but didn’t quite fit into. It made sense, in a way, but she struggled to wrap her head around the idea of leaving a place that was safe. The survivalist in her valued safety over everything, but she could remember a time when she was still a young child, before Kyros, when she was eager to see everything the world had to offer. It was easy for her to forget that her life had not always been shadows and fear, and that once upon a time she had been normal, and happy, and maybe even a bit mouthy.

"Very different. Before Sirius found me, I never knew that others could be so… kind. Where I came from, everyone looked out for themselves, and if you were the type that needed saving, there wasn’t much room for you." She used the word you in a general sense. It was clear that she was exactly that type, but she wasn’t trying to get overly personal. Delving into the dark details of her past didn’t seem like a great way to keep a friendly conversation going. "What was it like traveling here? Before you almost died in a blizzard, I mean." For her, her travels had been lonely and frightening, but she imagined that to some, such a journey might be an adventure. Exploring new places, unsure what you might find but eager to see what the next day might bring. She was asking a lot of questions, but there was a lot she didn’t know, and so far Hikrau seemed happy enough to answer them.

"Speech."

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-17-2021, 10:19 AM

Hikaru did indeed miss his home, everything here was so foreign and different. He was even more convinced now more than ever that he had found where he belonged. He’d only been comfortable there because he was born there. Nippon was the only land he’d ever known. Being a shinobi was the only path he thought he could take. Here in the Armada everything was different. He could choose his path and better find his way. He felt at home and welcomed and like he’d found his place.

”I know how that feels.” He commented softly, knowing the situation she described. There weren’t many soft hearted wolves in the Iga clan, he was one of them and he had been cast out. Acciona continued, continuing on their little talk and asking him about his trip. ”Lots of snow and walking, honestly boring compared to how it felt.” Hika explained his trip. ”I was nervous about leaving, but I don’t think it was founded.” His ink stained tail wagged slightly at his hip. ”Mostly just uneasy about being in a new place, but then again if Mort hadn’t found me…” Maybe he’d have been a frozen koi.

”So, what do you do around here? Hunter, healer?” He couldn’t help but guess that from her smaller stature and timid nature she was no warrior. Then again he knew how many shinobi of smaller stature?

Acciona

Loner
Student

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

02-01-2021, 02:48 PM

She nodded quietly at his explanation of his journey, knowing the unspoken implication that followed his statement about Mortis. She had been lucky to have been found too, even if Kyros and Enno hadn’t been looking for her, she doubted she had it in her to live one her own for long. She also wasn’t the type to go out in search of help, so if it had been someone gentler than Sirius to find her it was very likely she would have insisted she was fine until they left her alone. He had been just intimidating enough for her to spill the truth and willingly follow him home, even if she hadn’t known at the time if it would really be the kind of place she wanted to be.

She was beginning to run out of ideas of questions to ask or ways to keep the conversation going, but thankfully Hikaru had that part covered. The question was one that she didn’t really have a good answer for, though. She was quick, and good at tracking which had always given her a slight edge in hunting. It was the path she intended to follow, as it was something she did enjoy, but she wasn’t exactly great at that either. The only real “training” she’d received before coming to the Armada was in how to be a good wife. To be quiet and submissive, to obey. She’d hunted some small prey on occasion, but now that she was out in the real world it was easy for her to see just how far behind she was compared to most other wolves. Even ones younger than her seemed to be far more advanced in their chosen skills.

Her ears fell back and her gaze dropped to her paws as embarrassment began to creep in. "I plan to be a hunter, but I’m still training." She was clearly old enough that it would be a reasonable assumption that she’d be well enough off to be in an official rank, and she was certain that he’d think less of her for her confession. She didn’t even have anyone to train with or to teach her because she was too ashamed to openly admit that she needed the help. She was just doing her best to go out when she could on her own before it became obvious to everyone else how useless she was.

"Speech."

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

02-02-2021, 09:54 AM

Hikaru was truly blessed to have found Mortis during the storm. He didn’t like to think about the results had he not, perhaps so far as death. Maybe someone would have come across him and the storm hadn’t been nearly as long as he expected. Now he’d found his purpose though, and he had his best friend Mortis alongside him. They had become fast friends and at this point Hika couldn’t imagine life without him. Hikaru didn’t want to imagine being anywhere beyond the Armada either. He truly felt like he belonged here, his whole life he’d tried to fit into a mold he never belonged in. Here, Hika could truly be himself.

It was a perfect fit and a breath of fresh air, he could spread his wings and take hold of the destiny he’d never realized would never be found with the Iga.

Acciona looked quite embarrassed as he asked his question, her ears fell to her skull and she looked quite downtrodden. She was older than he was, but she mentioned her state of continued training. ”Honest work,” he offered encouragingly, ”I’m not a great hunter myself, but I can survive.” He chuckled slightly at his own shortcomings. ”Everyone has to start somewhere, and practice makes perfect.” Hikaru tried to encourage her, she seemed almost ashamed of herself and Hika didn’t like seeing that.

Acciona

Loner
Student

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

02-08-2021, 08:28 PM

Hikaru was kind when she confessed her shortcoming, and she offered a smile, thankful for it. Regardless, she had a hard time shaking the shame and guilt. She felt like a burden to those around her. With Kyros and Enno dead, she at least had the freedom to work at getting better without the fear of them sneaking up on her, but even though she logically knew she was safe, there were times she felt like Sirius killing them had all been a vivid dream. Some nights she woke thinking she was still in his den and she would break into a cold sweat until she realized where she was. It had made it difficult for her to get herself out there, but she couldn’t keep using it as an excuse.

"Thank you… Coming to the Armada had been a big adjustment for me." Despite her embarrassing confession, she did feel a little better overall. Having finally broken out of her shell a little bit, it made the idea of meeting others feel a little less intimidating.

"Speech."