size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
01-17-2021, 09:12 AM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn had been wandering along the coast as the tide went out and revealed a small bridge of land connected to an island in the distance. It was like fate! There was no way she wasn't going to immediately walk across that bridge. She bounded across, heading toward a large, mountainous island. One mountain in particular stood out above the others and she could see the land there was dusted with snow and evergreen trees. She was so glad there was a nice land bridge here and she wouldn't have to swim. When she arrived she immediately started scoping out the forest around the base of the largest mountain. It was a good day to explore with a clear, pale blue sky above her and the sun shining brightly.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
KatG2

The Ooze ParticipantValentines 2020Critical Fail!Trick 2019
01-17-2021, 11:00 AM
Poem didn’t often make her way out of Abaven these days, when she’d been out searching for Motif she was sure that she never wanted to leave her homeland again, especially now that they had only just been able to return. The sun was shining bright today though and the young Destruction wanted to stretch her paws, heading for the lake where Sparhawk had promised to her she hadn’t expected to see the land bridge. Poem’s pretty pale toes carried her across easily, not missing the scent of a stranger gone through. Though the island was close Poem had never been here before. Immediately she started searching the forest edge for clay.

Poem was no delicate lady, and her massive frame loped easily as she searched for fresh water that would be draining into the ocean. One of the best places to find clay deposits was creeks. Unless she wanted to do a lot more digging. Venom lucked out, she rounded a small hill on the beach and was welcomed to the sight of a creek running through the sand. Poem approached and found clay under the roots of a massive tree on the edge of the forest. With a bit of effort eventually she managed to get enough for a nice piece or two. One for her and one for Rhythm.

Of course she had to test it now and swiftly made a comfortable place under the foliage of the forest.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
01-24-2021, 08:33 PM

A cold northern breeze was blowing down from the north and Jynn pinned her large ears to her head to warm them for a moment. She did not have ears for this sort of weather. Maybe she should look into seeing if someone could craft her a hat in turn for some hides or meat. She shook her coat out, glad that at least the sun was shining and she could feel it on her back. She continued to push through the forest, pausing when she spied a small herd of mountain goats climbing up the mountain side. Now they were dressed for this terrain. She wondered how hard they might be to catch. Well, either way she wasn't really hungry yet so she wandered instead along a creek when she spied a woman digging around in the dirt. "Hey there! Collecting dirt?"

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
KatG2

01-25-2021, 06:41 PM
Poem made herself comfortable and only just began to make a crude shape with her paws. The fresh clay was difficult to work with, but it felt good under her paws. If she could work out a bit of the water it would be even better. As that thought crossed her mind another wolf.. No she didn’t look or smell like any wolf Poem had ever seen, approached. The young woman lifted her eyes and tilted her head curiously as she was greeted. ”Hello!” Her voice was cheery and welcoming and she grinned. ”Hmm, I suppose you could say that, funny as it sounds!” She’d have to use that line on some of the pups. ”It’s a little different than soil though. This is clay, and if you treat it right you can make it like stone.”

Her example wasn’t great, still mostly a lump as she worked it. A wet lump. ”Once I get more of the moisture out of this I can kind of show you what i mean.” She held up the more processed ball that she was molding in her paws. It was far from perfectly round, and couldn’t be mistaken for smooth, but it was certainly a shape and not loose soil.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

01-30-2021, 01:40 PM

Jynn cocked her head to the side as the other woman confirmed that she was indeed collecting dirt. Now that was a strange hobby! However, the woman went on to clarify that she was actually gathering clay that she was going to make into stuff. "Oh, that is neat! My name is Jynn. I'm just wandering through taking in the sights." Speaking of sites, the stream that the woman was gathering the clay from lead right into a large lake at the center of the island. It was a beautiful lake, clear and gorgeous. The sky was reflecting on the water but if she looked carefully she could see a few fish swimming in the water. Jynn trotted upstream of the woman and bent her long neck to take a quick drink. The weather was chilly but decent enough for Jynn to linger a little bit longer.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
KatG2

01-31-2021, 07:48 AM
”My name is, Poem.” She returned with a grin as Jynn told her the reasoning behind her own purpose here. With her attention on the beautiful landscape Poem kind of envied her ability to just get up and go explore. Poem was too heavily tied to her family and Abaven, she’d had so much time in the wilderness while she was looking for her sister. For now she was content staying in the east and finding different clays.

Her pale paws continued working the substance, now that it was warmer and not as wet the texture was nearly perfect. She’d have to remember this place so gather more. If the clay was this nice it would be a shame not to come claim more of it. Slowly her little pinch pot came together. It was a little rough but with a little more work it would be a worthy piece. She continued to smooth the outside and work out a middle until her task was fully complete. Poem lifted up the tiny pot with one paw as blue and lavender eyes scrutinized it.

”Hmm what do you think? It’s a nice little water cup, or place for dried herbs.” She showed the maned wolf her accomplishment with a smile.