Steal Your Pain Away

Lunar

Aragonesa

gems
size
build
player
04-10-2021, 07:19 AM

Aragonesa was still having a hard time getting around the pack and knowing others. She didn't expect it to be easy while she hadn't even remembered her name. How could she get to know others if she didn't even know herself?

She made her way to this cavern, it seemed like a good place to start a fire and be away from the winter elements outside. She had a yearning to learn of herbs, she didn't know if that had anything to do with her past or not. But it seemed to come almost naturally to her.

With a teapot in hand from the Armada, she went inside with some various supplies and herbs inside a bundled cloth she carried with the pot. She started the fire, and began preparing the lavender and periwinkle she brought along. She pulled the petals from the stems gingerly, she was happy to be in solitary but she wouldn't have minded company either. Being a lost soul she felt didn't suit her very well.

Walk "Talk" Think

Rœkia

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Bisexual
04-10-2021, 07:46 AM

Rœkia squinted at the sky before continuing along the beach on their way south. It was sunny for the most part but she could see clouds on the horizon, moving in from the north and she had a feeling that another blast of cold air was going to be headed their way. Best to find a place to shelter just in case. She called to Lukina and ducked into a nearby cavern only to find another woman there. "Oh! Sorry, didn't mean to intrude." She spied the fire and teapot. "Are you a healer? I was thinking of getting some tea going myself if you didn't mind sharing your fire." Rœkia shrugged her travois off her shoulders. "My name is Rœkia." Hopefully the other woman wouldn't mind her just moving in. The breeze from the north was cold and bitter and the cavern blocked it nicely.

Lukina

Insomnia
Necromancer

Master Fighter (260)

Master Healer (270)

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooze ImmuneThe Ooze ParticipantExplorerVengeanceMammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
Pride - Asexual
04-10-2021, 07:46 AM

"My feet hurt!" Lukina called as she scrambled after Rœkia. The older woman had promised a healing lesson where they could stop and drink some tea to warm up but that had been forever ago and they were still walking. She was tired and she was cold. Not to mention she was getting hungry again. Lukina hadn't had much time to process the coup and the conflict that had taken her parents from let alone her cousin's role in it. All she knew was her father had made Rœkia promise to take care of her and Rœkia had sworn so she'd have to trust her cousin for now. It's not like she had anywhere else to go.

They came to a cavern where there was a woman and a fire and without even waiting to see if the other woman was dangerous Lukina bounded toward the fire, seeking to warm her paws. "Hi, I'm Lukina!"

Aragonesa

gems
size
build
player
04-10-2021, 07:56 AM

The other wolves startled her when they appeared, but they seemed friendly enough so she would be put at ease rather quickly. "That's quite okay, you are welcome to use the fire, I don't mind." She nodded allowing the strangers to make themselves comfortable inside with her. What else was she to expect when not in Armada territory?

"It's nice to meet you both." She smiled, taking an old bone to crush the petals in a bowl she had brought along, opening up the properties. "I'm mixing lavender and periwinkle in the tea, what did you have in mind? You're welcome to use any of my supplies if you need them."

Walk "Talk" Think

Rœkia

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

04-10-2021, 09:12 AM

Rœkia was glad the woman was friendly. She pulled a hide bundle from her travois and set it down on the cavern floor. "Oh, just some chamomile tea to warm up a bit." She unfurled a bundle of chamomile plants she'd managed to gather before the latest winter storm moved in and beckoned Lukina over to her. "Ok, twerp. Here's your bowl. We'll want to use the flowers so start snipping them off the stalks." Rœkia moved to demonstrate as she used her teeth to snip the flowers from the top of the plant and place them into the bowl. This would be a good task for the pup to keep her busy.

"So, what's your name? I'm familiar with lavender but what is the periwinkle for?"

Lukina

Insomnia
Necromancer

Master Fighter (260)

Master Healer (270)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooze ImmuneThe Ooze ParticipantExplorerVengeanceMammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
Pride - Asexual
04-10-2021, 09:13 AM

Lukina was half tempted to just rest by the fire and warm up but then Rœkia pulled out bowls and flowers. Yay! She bounded to her feet and waddled over to where Rœkia had placed her bowl. Taking one of the plants in her mouth she started to chew happily on the stalk, her little tail wagging as she chewed. When she finally got the flower off she proudly dropped it in her bowl. "How come we only use the flowers?" She used a paw to drag another chamomile plant over to herself. Lukina then started chewing on the next plant, working her teeth into the stalk. It definitely had an interesting taste but she wasn't terribly bothered by it.

Aragonesa

gems
size
build
player
04-10-2021, 09:30 AM

She wasn't entirely comfortable telling the woman of her amnesia, maybe just out of her low self esteem. But there was no harm in it, "I washed up on the shores, I don't know where I came from, or even my name..." She dragged, losing eye contact with the woman. But she wouldn't linger long on the more saddened feelings. "But I'm just taking every day as it comes, that's all you really can do."

She poured her exposed herbs into her pot of water and pushed it up to the fire, now just to wait for the boil. The fire felt nice from the cold outside the caves, and she was sure the tea would be refreshing as Roekia had stated.

Walk "Talk" Think

Rœkia

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

04-17-2021, 11:45 AM

Rœkia worked to get a number of flowers in her bowl. She tapped it with her claws as a signal to Lukina. "Ok, you want to use about an ounce. That's that much ok? Once we have that added you'll add in some water." Rœkia reached over to grab her water skin. Carefully uncorking it she added in a bit more than a cup of water. "That much." She didn't care to bother explaining measurements to the young girl just yet. "We use the flowers because that's where the medicine is that we want."

She turned her attention back to the stranger as the woman answered her question.Rœkia couldn't help but stare for a moment as the stranger explained she didn't know where she was from let alone her own name. Her immediate thought was that this was an opportunity however she noted the smell of pack on the woman's coat. "Ahh… that's unfortunate. I don't know much about amnesia I'm afraid, but you have a pack to help you yes? Perhaps they could give you a name in the meantime?"

Lukina

Insomnia
Necromancer

Master Fighter (260)

Master Healer (270)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Pride - Asexual
04-17-2021, 11:45 AM

Lukina peered into Rœkia's bowl as she got a sense for the number of flowers she'd need in hers. She picked up a few of the flowers and put them in her bowl til she had enough. She was too small yet to really be able to handle the water skin without spilling everywhere so she pawed at her cousin til the older woman poured in the right amount of water.

She was momentarily distracted as the striped woman said she didn't know what her name was. Oh no! Lukina couldn't imagine what it was like not to know your own name or where you were from. She scooted closer, peeking at the flowers the woman was using. She looked from the flowers to the woman's eyes then back again. "I know! You could call yourself Lavender! Or Periwinkle! Cause your eyes are purple like the flowers."

Aragonesa

gems
size
build
player
04-20-2021, 10:36 AM

Auri paid some attention as the woman was teaching the young one how to manage the amounts and how to make the tea. But the attention would be brought back to herself, she tried to hide not wanting to talk about it much. But Roekia was right, The Armada had taken her in despite her being a complete stranger to even herself. Sirius had offered to help heal her in this tough time of her young life. She was grateful for the protection of the pack.

Lukina came to peek into her teapot, and insisted that the names of the purple flowers would suit her well for the color of her eyes. She gave a grin and a low chuckle to the thought, "I think those are both great options." She assured, but honestly she wasn't feeling it. She couldn't scold the pup for trying, there was no need to after all.

She pulled her teapot away from the fire by the handle, gently tipping the spout to pour some into her bowl. She wafted the steam a little, blowing at the top before taking a sip. Roekia was right, refreshing. She wasn't quite ready to just get up and leave yet though, she still had plenty of tea and she was dreading abandoning the warmth of the cave.

Walk "Talk" Think

Rœkia

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

04-23-2021, 05:46 PM

Rœkia eyed Lukina's bowl, checking on the girl's progress before clearing her throat to lure the child back over to her lessons. "Don't be a best, Lukina. I'm sure her real name will come back in time. Now let's finish your tea. The healing properties of chamomile can evaporate easily so you need to make sure to cover the tea when you heat it up." To demonstrate how to do this Rœkia pulled a chipped, ceramic lid out from her hide bundle and set it on top of the bowl. "Then we scoot it next to the fire to heat." Rœkia scooted her bowl next to the fire and would wait for Lukina to finish before pushing the girls bowl near the fire as well.

While she waited for the tea to heat she settled down for a little more of a chat if the other woman was willing. "So, what is your pack like? Are they the peaceful sort or more like marauders?"

Lukina

Insomnia
Necromancer

Master Fighter (260)

Master Healer (270)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Pride - Asexual
04-23-2021, 05:47 PM

Lukina was proud of her ideas and she grinned a little as the woman said that her ideas were good. She was pulled out of her thoughts as her cousin continued the lesson. "I'm not being a pest, I'm helping." She stated. Still, she didn't want to miss any part of the lesson so she wandered back over to her bowl as Rœkia explained that it needed to be covered. Lukina dug around until she also found a lid. Seizing the knob in her teeth she set it delicately on top of the ceramic bowl to cover it. She grinned as Rœkia scooted the bowl near the fire. She couldn't wait for it to be done. "So, when will it be ready? How do we know it will be ready when we can't see it?" The other teas her cousin showed her had been easier to figure out as there was usually a color that indicated the desired concentration in the water.