gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantUnderachieverSnake EyesBeeventVolcanoChristmas 2019
02-14-2021, 06:51 PM
It'd been a long while since Caelia had ventured onto the Battlefield, but she felt her need for training outweighed anything that had kept her home these last few seasons. She'd been slacking on her training and knew she needed to jump-start her motivation again, and what better way than by simply searching for someone to brawl with? With that goal in mind she set off, making the trek from Valhalla's lands to the Battlefield at last. This place had never been favorable to her, though she knew its central location made it ideal for easily finding a sparring partner. Slowly she made her way across the bloodstained field, hardly surprised that the winter's bitter cold was even more unpleasant here. She held back a shiver as she continued on, only halting when she found a suitable location that seemed a bit less dreadful than the surrounding lands.

The heavy grey clouds overhead were common during the winter months but apparently she hadn't been paying enough attention - almost as soon as she paused and lifted her head she felt a few stray raindrops splash on her snout. Oh well; better than snow. It wouldn't stop her from doing exactly what she'd come here to do. Finally tilting her head a bit higher she let loose a call for a practice spar, hoping she'd find a suitable partner, though any partner was better than none at this point. All she wanted was some practice.

Tyto

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Advanced Hunter (70)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Fail!Christmas 2019Treat 2019
03-11-2021, 08:46 PM

Things at home had been...less than ideal. His sister was pissed beyond words, some members of the pack still had their misgivings, and while he had been just as surprised as anyone else about the way his cousin had taken the pack the way he did, he had a feeling that things like that happened in the world whether they knew it or not. If you wanted power, you got it by any means necessary. And that's exactly what his cousin chose to do. He had to admit, it was a bold move. And although his sister hated the crimson alpha for that, Tyto was curious to see what his cousin had in store for them. To better prepare himself for the future - however violent it might end up - he opted to head to the battlefield to keep his training up.

With his new companion flying overhead, Tyto walked in his shadow. Within minutes of walking across the bloodstained field, he felt the first drops of rain on his coat. And just a moment or two after that, a howl. He paused, ears perked as he recognized the voice. Caelia. It had been a while since he'd seen her, and he couldn't help the small smile that began to spread. Without hesitation, he sent his companion to seek her out and he followed. Within minutes, he had found her. "Caelia! Long time no see, looking for a sparring partner?"

"Speak"

Caelia

Loner

Advanced Intellectual (95)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

03-14-2021, 03:31 PM
Her own life, unlike perhaps Tyto's, was hardly brimming with excitement. That was precisely why she'd landed here, looking for something to shake up her day. Of course a quest for excitement wasn't the only reason she was here; honing her own personal fighting skills was just as important to her as anything else was. She hadn't anticipated anyone she knew might answer her call, but she waited patiently and before long the sound of pawsteps alerted her to someone's approach. Her head tilted up, taking a good look at the larger man before recognizing him. They'd both been young when they'd met - Tyto had been especially young, and laughably smaller than he was now.

He'd won their little fight at the tournament and she'd felt especially slighted then, given his age. But now? Enough time had passed that she looked upon the memory with vague amusement, and as he drew closer a slight grin tugged at her lips. "I do think you owe me a rematch," she admitted, voice full of mirth. "Unless you're worried about me breaking your winning streak?" She lifted a brow, shifting her posture slightly in visible preparation. She still had no idea how he'd won their last fight but she chalked it up to inexperience on both of their parts. Now she had a feeling they were more evenly matched and she was interested what a proper fight would bring.

Tyto

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Advanced Hunter (70)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Fail!Christmas 2019Treat 2019
05-07-2021, 03:24 PM

"I do think you owe me a rematch," The first words from her mouth, but he could tell they were lighthearted and full of amusement. It caused him to crack a grin, magenta gaze studying her and noting how much more she had grown compared to the last time he'd seen her. How much they had both grown. "Unless you're worried about me breaking your winning streak?" He couldn't help but lightly scoff, though he kept the grin that seemingly refused to go away. "Hey, I didn't think you'd remember that! I thought it was just dumb luck, but I've gotten way better since then. Care to see?" He winked as he settled into a defensive stance. He was eager to spar against her again, only this time, they were both more experienced and potentially evenly matched. "I'll let you go first,"

Tyto Praetor vs Caelia for Spar
Round: 0/?
Size: Extra large
Build: Medium
Companion 1: Verreaux's eagle-owl, Male - Battle
Skills: Expert Fighter & Beginner Hunter
Specialty: N/A

"Speak"

Caelia

Loner

Advanced Intellectual (95)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

05-09-2021, 09:45 PM
Caelia was hardly the most lighthearted of wolves but seeing a familiar face from her past, however brief their interaction had been, lifted her mood substantially. Things had been so much simpler then, back when her biggest worry had been... well, probably winning some fight tournament. She remembered exactly how disappointed she'd been when she'd lost to someone even younger than her. She'd learned enough now about the world and other wolves to know that such things happened - and that they certainly didn't reflect on her own skills, or lack thereof. Sparring wasn't some black and white science; fights could be turned around completely in a matter of seconds, all skill aside.

Her faint grin remained as he spoke up, only growing at his own good attitude. "There's not much I don't remember," she admitted. She wasn't bragging; it was just a fact. She wasn't the type of wolf to forget those she met, especially ones that had pissed her off. She hadn't clung to those feelings at all but she certainly remembered them with clarity. "But I know I've gotten way better too," she teased him lightly, raising a brow. If he thought he'd have an easy win he was sadly mistaken. He even gave her a chance to make the first move, which she was quick to react to, intent on taking full advantage of his politeness. With that she made to charge him, heading straight toward him as she kicked off hard and aimed to close the distance between them. At the last second she stepped to her left, aiming to throw her weight down low and grab hold of his right forepaw, hoping the sudden move would send him tumbling.

Caelia Blythe Adravendi vs Tyto for Spar
Round 1 / ?
Size: Medium
Build: Light
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather Bracers
Skills: Advanced Intellectual & Expert Fighter
Specialty: N/A