gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Creed
03-27-2021, 02:26 PM

The weather was holding up, which was a surprise for the young healer. Auster's "winter" was milder here, but even then the cold reaches of the extended season still managed to get a stranglehold on the place. When they should have been experiencing much milder temperatures, the wind still managed to whip her long silky fur in every direction. Clouds loomed in the distance threatening to envelope the land in another layer of snow and ice, but even that didn't dampen her mood. For once the sky was clearer than it had been the previous days and she was going to make the most of the "nice" weather that had decided to grace Auster.

There still weren't many herbs to be found, so her explorations to gather a stockpile were less than fruitful, but there was an adventure to be had somewhere. It helped lift her spirits that there were so many wonderful places to scout out. Her trek today had led her to a strange standing of granite boulders. The wolfdog walked circles around them admiring the strange runes that coated their surfaces. As much as she tried, she couldn't seem to make any sense of what they could mean. Was it gods trying to communicate with the mortal world? Or something as simple as a wolf coming along and etching a history into them? Either way, she couldn't decipher the meaning behind them, but they were beautiful all the same.

After completely scouting the surrounding area, she managed to bring together some firewood and get a small blaze going. Between the sun that beat down on the stones from above and the little campfire she had started, she was feeling fairly warm. The small canine settled down on her stomach using one of the stones as shelter from the whipping wind. Her eyelids closed over her eyes as she pondered when the weather would go back to normal. Would it ever? Or were they going to be stuck in winter's frozen grip forever?

"speak."| "You"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
04-18-2021, 01:10 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Night had fallen by the time Jynn reached the farthest reaches of Auster. It was notably milder here but still unusually cold for this time of year. She hoped that wouldn't mean for a harsher winter. She walked through the deep green grasses, eyeing the dark hills in the distance as well as admiringly a rich navy sky studded with stars. As she walked she suddenly found herself struck by a strange ring of granite stones. Strange markings covered the stones and they almost seemed to glow bright blue in the moonlight.

Jynn approached cautiously. The stones jutted up out of the ground in various sizes like great earthen teeth. Some marks looked like swirls, others like starbursts or decorative arrows. It was all very strange and spooked her enough that she moved on to the edge of the territory for the night.

When the sun rose again the next day Jynn sought out the ring once more. To her surprise she found a another wolf sitting near a fire. Her large ears perked up and she cleared her throat. "Excuse me miss, are these your stones?"

Antheia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Creed
04-24-2021, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2021, 07:43 PM by Antheia. Edited 1 time in total.)

Antheia hadn't heard the other wolf approach, but her eyes popped open as a voice cut through the silence. Her gaze settled on ... well she wasn't sure what the woman was. Her head cocked to the side as she stared at the strange looking wolf with the longest pair of legs she had ever seen. Antheia wasn't often one to stare at strangers, but she found herself unashamedly doing so in this case. She was definitely the strangest wolf she'd ever met and she'd happened to have met quite a few strange ones traveling with her father before he'd passed. It took a minute to register she'd asked her a question before she shook off the daze she'd been in. She righted her head and chuckled softly.

"Oh no, not at all." She said before she raised a paw and patted the stone near her. "So you're welcome to join me." She said with a grin. "I'm Antheia."

Now that she'd introduced herself she couldn't help but feel a little ashamed for staring at the other woman like she had. "Sorry for staring at you a moment ago. I've never seen a wolf with such long legs before." She glanced back towards the stones as she stared at them with curiosity as she'd done for so long already. "I've been trying to figure out what these carvings mean and how they might have gotten here, but the best guess I have is aliens."

"speak."| "You"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
05-02-2021, 01:41 PM

Jynn waited for a moment, used to the stares she attracted, especially in this new land. The woman, Anatheia, explained that the stones were not hers but that Jynn was welcome to join her. "I'd be happy to, name's Jynn." She trotted over to one of the nearest stones that stood taller than her. She tilted back onto her hind legs, her front limbs stretching up the stone and she scented it.

She glanced back at Anatheia. "Aliens? Is that another term for humans? I always blame them whenever I find anything weird and not natural. Still, these stones are less weird than the human den on the Forgotten Isle. Have you been traveling long?"

Antheia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Creed
05-09-2021, 08:31 AM

She watched Jynn curiously as the other woman headed over to one of the stones and stretched out towards it. Wistfully she wondered what it would be like to have such long legs to be able to reach things, but she shoved the thought from her mind. She was short and there was nothing she could do about it. She would have liked to have been able to get a better angle on the stones, but they were massive.

"No, I was thinking something not from this planet." She giggled softly. "Though I suppose the humans coud have done it." Aodhan hadn't known much about the creatures who had supposedly lived here for a long time before... well she wasn't sure what had happened to them. Other than knowing the existed at one point, she wasn't overly familiar with them or what they had left behind. The idea that there was a human den on an island had piqued her interest. It was just one more to add to the list of places to check out. "Not too awfully long. I can't seem to get out of Auster, there's so much to look at. What about you?"

"speak."| "You"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

05-09-2021, 01:55 PM

Jynn wandered to the nearest stone that had a strange arrow like marking on it that reminded her a bit of a fish. She hopped onto the stone, balancing a bit as she sniffed it and eyed the markings. She cocked her head to the side, glancing at Anatheia. Something not of this planet? She didn't know what a planet was but assumed the other woman meant the continent. She supposed something from another land might have stayed her for some time.

Jynn nodded. "Yea, I've been traveling for awhile. I actually worked my way south from the north. Was hoping the weather would be warmer down here but its been pretty disappointing. I'm thinking of heading northwest. I heard there was a pretty area with grapevines up there."