gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11K
08-05-2021, 04:43 PM

Paired up with a fellow yearling, albeit a significantly larger one, the mud-hued healer plodded a short distance from the group with his partner in tow. He'd settled into an easy rhythm after a little while, shorter limbs working twice as hard to maintain a pace that wouldn't drag on the larger wolf. By the time they'd set out, it was easily mid-afternoon, and the sun was still high overhead. Not too hot, thankfully, as the season didn't really allow for it. It was warm enough that the frost that might have clung to the ground in the early morning was long since gone, and the dew had evaporated. "I'm not very familiar with the plants around here, are you?" he drawled, verdant gaze flicking over in a ploy to try and read the stranger's expression. Being social wasn't his strongest skill, and often he failed miserably at making friendly small talk. His toothy hunting partner seemed like she was perfectly at ease around here. Her lightly dappled, monochromatic pelt reminded him a little of the stark contrasts of the boy who had stumbled into the swamp a little while back.

Lowering his skull to the ground, he inhaled deeply in search of striking herbal smells. A lot of useful plants had a very distinct smell, and even having no idea of what might be kicking around, he could pick up the earthy tang of... something. He'd left his mask with the rest of his stuff, safe at the site of their initial gathering, he'd been told. It seemed silly to wear it while he was herb hunting, since there wasn't any risk of attack coming from the girl at his side- supposedly. "Like.. y'all probably got dandelions, but I couldn't tell ya for certain what else we might find." he chuckled, lifting his head again to meet her gaze. Though the corners of his lips curved up in a smile,

"speech" thinking "others"

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
08-06-2021, 03:45 PM

Gossamer trailed after her partner as they headed out herb hunting. She hoped to find something rare but this was her first real time gathering in the gulley. She wasn't really sure where to look but perhaps the boy did.

"I'm not very familiar with the plants around here, are you?"

Welp, so much for that. Gossamer shook her head. "Not this area, but it sure looks green and vibrant compared to the rest of Boreas. Surely we've got some rare herbs around here. I would like to find some marigolds. She set her nose to the ground and began taking in the scents, doing her best to try and filter through them. With so many plants here it was almost overwhelming.

Bog

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player

08-06-2021, 04:20 PM

He attempted to curb his disappointment when she shook her head, but he couldn't help feeling a bit useless. He was quite out of his element. Luckily, it seemed he wasn't alone in that respect. "Not this area, but it sure looks green and vibrant compared to the rest of Boreas. Surely we've got some rare herbs around here. I would like to find some marigolds." the tall fae mentioned, and he made a small sound of agreement in his throat. Casting his gaze across the vast swaths of land that seemed to stretch out in all directions, he sought the pale yellow blooms that he was... fairly certain he would recognize if he saw them. "Oh, I think I know those guys. Big yellow blooms, sometimes they've got orange bits too, ya? They're not too hard to harvest." he drawled, following Gossamer's lead and taking a few long pulls from the air around him. It was strangely pleasant to have the various floral scents all around, he rarely got to experience it at home. When the Great Tree bloomed, sometimes it would carry through the rest of the mangrove, but rarely to this extent.

"I think I can smell marshmallow, that's always a good one." he commented, taking a few careful steps away from his companion in hopes he would find the herb in question. Usually it lurked around the edge of the water, he tended to find it clinging to waterlogged soil. It was easy to harvest that way, just pulled away from the mud with roots intact. Easy to replant too, just drop it near the waterline in a half-assed hole in the dirt, and you were set.

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
08-06-2021, 06:17 PM

Gossamer shifted her focus from her nose to her eyes, at least for a little while, for the bright orange blossoms would be notable. At least she hoped, but it seemed there were a mix of gold and yellow leaves on the ground, intermixed with the green of grass and shorter foliage. She nodded. "Yea, I've seen quite a few orange ones. I'm hoping they'll stand out but there's so much here! So many sights and smells. It makes it hard to focus."

Her ears perked up at the mention of marshmallow and she nodded. "Yea, if we can find it. I'll trust your nose. Hopefully, we're close to something. "

Bog

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player

08-07-2021, 01:47 PM

He was glad that he wasn't alone in being a touch overwhelmed by the sheer volume of plant life thriving in the gulley, it made him feel less ashamed about being lost in the sea of sights and smells. "Yea, I've seen quite a few orange ones. I'm hoping they'll stand out but there's so much here! So many sights and smells. It makes it hard to focus." said the ebony furred girl, and he hummed wordlessly in agreement. His nub of a tail twitched to and fro as he continued to drink in the myriad sights, sounds, and smells. He glanced over his shoulder at her, a lopsided smile on his face. "It's way more.. bright?.. colourful. It's more colourful than I'm used to. It's weird to see all these flowers so close together." he added, ambling a bit further along his aimless path towards whatever mysterious herb might catch his attention. When Gossamer mentioned that she would follow his lead, a hint of anxiety sparked in his chest, but he ignored it. That was a lot of pressure, he didn't want them to go home empty handed.

Luckily, it was only a few more steps before he practically walked straight through a plant he recognized. Pausing with one chocolate hued paw poised to step on the cluster of stalks, he grunted in surprise. It was like the lavender had snuck up on him, even though it wasn't capable of moving. "This ought'a work." he quipped, searching for the looming form of the fae. "Did you wanna split the spoils, or wait until we're done to see what we find, and go from there?" he asked, already setting to work chewing his way through the mid point of the stalks. He wasn't personally aware of any real use for the roots, but the heads of the plant were where most of the useful extracts could be sourced. If Gossamer wanted to go a different direction with the gathering, he was happy to have her input.

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

1KDouble Master
08-11-2021, 01:40 PM

Gossamer continued to try and filter out the wide variety of scents that wafted through the air. One in particular caught her attention. If she wasn't mistaken that was the scent of lavender. No sooner had the thought occurred to her than the duo stumbled upon some lavender. "Let's split the spoils and then we can keep looking." She didn't want to pass up on any herbs, just in case they weren't able to find their way back to them again. She bent her head and began snipping off stalks of lavender with her teeth. She gathered four stocks and tucked them into the hide pouch she had looped around her neck.