size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
08-08-2021, 07:38 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

At last they made it across but once again found themselves at another border of Abaven. Sheesh! How big was this place? It had to be the biggest pack she'd run across yet. At least the weather was shaping up to be beautiful. The sky continued to shine and the dark slate clouds were starting to move out of the pale blue sky. She soon found herself at a vast plain covered in green grasses, shrubs and even a few cold and red flowers. The river continued to snake its way through the plain, winding its way through. There were a few trees nearby and she could see a small grove in the distance crowned in jade green, gold and rust colored leaves. She didn't get to enjoy it long for she noticed something peculiar about this plain. There were a number of snakes. One was curled up on a rock near the river, another was slinking through the grass and as she looked at the river she saw a large snake slither out. It was brown and marked in a way she immediately recognized. "Ack, cottonmouth! Poisonous." She shuffled back. Who the heck would want to live here?

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
08-08-2021, 08:11 PM

Álarr already knew how vast Abaven was. It was the biggest pack in Boreas in terms of land and likely in terms of numbers though he couldn't be sure. The were working their way along the edge of the plains, being careful not to get too close to the pack border when Jynn yelled out about a snake. Álarr's hackles raised as he eyed the creature. However, Jynn's yell had startled it back into the water. Álarr made note not to try and quench his thirst here. "Come on, let's get moving and be sure to watch your step." Álarr had his pack and herbs with him but a poisonous snake bite was very difficult to treat and much of it came down to luck.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
08-08-2021, 08:12 PM

Jynn's ears flattened against her head and she growled at the snake until it disappeared back into the water. She then put some distance between herself and the river. She really didn't want to get poisoned on this trip and she wondered why the snakes were so active. Perhaps they were preparing to hibernate for the winter? Either way, Álarr had it right. She nodded, her eyes turning downward more frequently to make sure she wasn't about to step on something alive. "You know… I don't mind the little snakes that much, like garter snakes, but I have to be honest that I don't like most snakes… unless I'm having them for dinner." She smirked.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
08-08-2021, 08:13 PM

Álarr wrinkled his nose as Jynn talked about eating snakes. He didn't care much for any kind of snake. Though he bore them no distinct ill will as long as they stayed out of his den and his personal space. However, all that said he couldn't really imagine eating a snake unless he was truly desperate. Álarr made a face. "I can't imagine they'd be that good. I much prefer mammals like elk and bison on my menu." He would eat fish here and there but rarely a reptile. Birds of course were good, birds he could do but he supposed to each their own.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

08-08-2021, 08:14 PM

Jynn trotted along the plains, the bounce back in her step as she kept on the outside of the pack border, her tail wagging lightly. Her pace slowed though as she stared at Álarr in shock. "Really? They aren't that bad. Granted nothing is better than a big juicy rat or some wolf apples." She had to live off of small prey living life on her own as a sole predator but that was fine with her. There was a wide variety of small animals to try and she ate just about whatever she could catch. Mammal, bird, fish, reptile, it was all fair game.

-exit-

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
08-08-2021, 08:14 PM

Álarr blinked in surprise again as Jynn mentioned wolf apples. He had never heard of such a thing but she'd piqued his interest in what he was certain was some kind of plant. Was there a chance this wolf apple had any healing properties? If it tasted good perhaps he could use it in medicinal mixtures to make them more palatable. He'd have to ask Jynn more on that later. They were moving away from the plains and deeper into the eastern territories. He couldn't wait to get back to Fontamo Bay and stretching back in the sand with the sun warming his back.

-exit-