size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
10-03-2021, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2021, 08:34 AM by Jynn. Edited 1 time in total.)
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn had settled down in Auster, taking in the warmth of the summer here as well as the rains. An evening storm had just passed through and as the sun set the moon rose high in the sky, lending an eerie glow to the warm and humid evening at the falls. Jynn settled near the base of the falls, listening to the sound of the water as it flowed down into the pool below. All things said it should've been a gorgeous evening. Yet something in the air was amiss. There was a heaviness that couldn't be explained away by the humidity and the moon's normally friendly face seemed cold and distorted.

Jynn shuddered. Maybe it was just in her head. She had eaten a rather large meal and had a bit of an upset stomach so perhaps that was the cause for her discomfort. Just maybe.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
10-03-2021, 01:07 PM

There was a tremor in the air as Audra made her way south. Farther south than she had ever traveled before. The warmth and appeal of Auster were too much to deny. Curiosity would always get the better of her, but hopefully not kill her. Making her way down and down, the loud burble of Lazuli Falls drew her in. Already overhead, the moon cast an eerie and unfriendly light. Colder than she expected, Audra shivered as she peered at the glowing pools before her.

Feeling sticky from the humidity, she let her slim legs lead her way to the edge of the pool. Peering into the shining depths that glowed more than she wanted, she glanced up for a moment to see a familiar face. The ominous feeling in her bones subsided for a moment as a few blue orbed fireflies flitted around her face. "Jynn!" Audra called out, feeling hesitant since Jynn's own expression didn't appear to be too promising either.

"I-Is it just me or is there something off t-tonight?" She said as she approached the fiery red wolf. Swishing her tail in a friendly way, she let it hang low. Glancing up to the moon whose face seemed dull and uninviting, she shivered again.

A  U  D  R  A

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
10-05-2021, 07:41 PM

Jynn froze as she heard something approaching, or at least she thought she did. It was hard to tell with the sound of the falls so close. She jumped when she heard her name but she she swiftly recognized the voice as Audra's. Jynn offered the other woman a uncertain smile as she made her way over.

Audra expressed her concern and Jynn wished she had some reassuring words to give. "No, no, it's not just you. It feels like the air is… heavy. But I don't see any signs of a storm." She gazed skyward, searching the heavens for some sort of answer but even the stars appeared strange to her. She was wracking her brain for answers, for anything that could help. She glanced at Audra and stared for a moment at the blue lights floating near the other woman's face. "Umm.. hey Audra. Have you ever seen blue fireflies before?"

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

10-06-2021, 05:47 AM

Standing near Jynn, she felt a bit of comfort as she glanced around their surroundings. Indeed, Jynn wasn't wrong. The air that clung to their bodies was heavy and damp, but not a single cloud hung in the sky. Her own gaze turned upward as she stared at the stars. Streaks painted the black sky as if the world was moving too fast, but also too slow at the same time. Even the moon seemed to turn and stare at them with a foreboding expression. Rolling away the shivers that crept down her spine, she looked back to Jynn.

Having been distracted by the blanket above them, she'd forgotten momentarily about the flitting blue bugs. "Uh, no, I didn't know fireflies could come in any other color than red..," her delicate voice trailed off as she watched cross-eyed at the buzzing creatures in her personal space. "I-I noticed some plants glowing too on my way in. Something else scurried by too with some sort of glow, but I couldn't make sense as to what it was," Audra whispered now, feeling as if they might be in some type of danger. What was happening to their home?

A  U  D  R  A

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

10-07-2021, 10:00 AM

Jynn watched the fireflies carefully, her hackles raising slightly as Audra mentioned that she thought she'd saw something else race by that was glowing. "Ack, really? What makes creatures glow weird colors? I mean, I know there's blue algae at the Shimmering Shore that glows. Maybe… they ate the algae?" She had no idea if that would actually work but she was grasping desperately for some explanation of the weird phenomenon going on around them. Jynn stalked closer to the water, moving carefully as if at any moment some sort of monster was going to jump out and grab her.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

10-08-2021, 07:04 AM

Her wide eyes glanced around as her breathing grew shallow. Was their home really turning into some kind of radioactive paradise? "I-isn't Shimmering Shores a ways wat f-from here?" Audra hiccupped over her quiet breath of a voice as she glanced at Jynn. The other girl was slowly creeping toward the water, fixated on trying to see beneath its depths. "There's no way everything ate algae from there," she said nervously, taking her own few steps away from the water. What if it was radioactive? Whatever that meant. What if there was a dead body? Or something that just things grow like that now? "Do y-you think we'll start glowing?" Audra quickly looked behind her at her sides a few times with a worried expression.

A  U  D  R  A

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-10-2021, 04:43 PM
Audra

A robin chirps disconcertingly from a nearby tree, its song croaking. The red of its chest seems brighter than normal somehow. You also find 3 crystals. Maybe these are worth keeping…

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-15-2021, 04:57 PM
Jynn

A frog croaks at you before hopping away. You could swear his throat was glowing. You also find 4 mushrooms. Maybe these are worth keeping…