size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
10-08-2021, 02:20 AM

He couldn't sleep, so he had opted to go and do a quick border patrol. Maybe getting some energy out would help him feel more tired so he could sleep. Maybe it was just excitement at being back home, or maybe he was just too energetic. Whatever the case, his patrol brought him to the dark confines of the barn. Moonlight drifted into the holes in the roof, lighting the inside with an eerie glow. He stood at the broken doorway, his shadow stretching across the ground. It was a quiet night, and the only thing he could really hear was the soft creaking of the wood and the mice that scurried around.

He moved about quietly, careful not to wake up anyone who had chosen to sleep around here, though he had unintentionally let out a gasp when he spotted a scampering blue form in the rafters. "What the f..." He breathed as he watched the eerie blue mouse-shaped creature pause and look at him. His own head tilted as he watched it, the little beast looking at him with beady little eyes before it scampered back the way it came.

Okay...that was really weird...

"Speech"

Tyrfing

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (210)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Overachiever
Snake EyesCritical Observation!1KCritical Hit!
10-08-2021, 03:22 PM

Fin had been enjoying the oddities that had taken to the night, taking it all in stride as a proper fearless yearling might. The viking boy had on this night been stalking a particularly glowy mouse, and for whatever reason this mutant critter had senses much more refined then its normal-looking brethren ever had. No matter how hard he might try, the blue-tinted mouse always seemed to be one step ahead of him.

He cornered it at last, crouching as silently as cat paws could allow towards his prey when suddenly it took off once more, words cut through the silence after it. "What the f..." Fin heaved a sigh, brought himself up to full height and stomped toward his packmate. "You spooked it! I was gonna get it that time." He accused, before realizing this was a man he'd never met before. The yearling's head tilted to the side, one ear flopping hard to the side as he looked the man up and down. "You are very colorful." He observed. "Almost like you belong in this odd night."

"Speech"

table art by nightauctor

[Image: Tyrfing_Chibi1.png]
Tyrfing has feline paws (with an extra toe on each foot), small horns, and amethyst saber fangs. These features may not be visible on all his art.
He has a black-chinned hummingbird companion named Coach and a mini emperor penguin named Private, and unless otherwise stated, assume the hummingbird is with him at all times.

Ares

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

10-08-2021, 06:51 PM

"You spooked it! I was gonna get it that time." He nearly jumped out of his skin when a voice spoke up, and he turned to find one of his younger supposed siblings standing there. He was still recovering from his surprise when the kid said he was colorful enough to belong to this odd night...yeah...odd night indeed. "Jesus christ kid, you about gave me a heart attack! You were hunting that thing? I wouldn't put it in my mouth, for all we know it could be poisonous!" He exclaimed as he finally managed to find his voice.

He sighed and took a deep breath to try and calm his racing heart. "I'm Ares Saxe. And by the looks of it, you're a younger Saxe, hm? I guess I took after my mom more than I did the old man, but I'm still very much related to you. So pipsqueak, what's your name and why are you intent on trying to catch one of those weird mice?" Granted, the kid wasn't by any means small, but Ares used it as more a term of endearment than anything. He turned his gaze back to where the mouse had been, only to find three more in its place. All three were looking at both of them, and he was slightly unnerved at the way they sat there and stared. Usually, mice were skittish and preferred to hide from them...but not these ones. "Can't tell if they're mocking us, or just being creeps and staring. What's even up with that?"

"Speech"

Tyrfing

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (210)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Overachiever
10-10-2021, 02:15 PM

The colorful man had a mouth on him, and Fin's jaw hung open as he received a very firm and confident rebuttal that left the yearling near speechless. He shot a glare toward the departing mouse's tail - maybe Ares had a point and putting his mouth on it would be bad, but, really what was the fun in life without taking a few risks? The yearling puffed himself up to full height. "I'm not a pipsqueak." He argued back. "I'm Tyrfing Finnvi, not Saxe, but Chaos is my dad." Ares insisted they were related, and Fin wondered to himself whether this was a brother, uncle, cousin? There was a lot of family as far as his pack went, and even some weird ones like uncles who were younger then their nephews. "I wanted to catch one to see if it could be bred. We keep other animals, why not creepy glowing ones? Maybe they give better-then-normal meat."

He caught the unnerved way Ares looked away and followed his gaze toward where the mouse had become three - each of them staring with bright beady eyes and seemingly unperturbed by the two predators before them. "They are pretty creepy." Fin admitted after a moment. "I still want to catch one though - do you think I'd get in trouble if I brought one home?" Truthfully the yearling hadn't considered that they could be dangerous, and the last thing he'd have wanted to do was cause not-prankish-harm to one of his family members.

"Speech"

table art by nightauctor

Tyrfing has feline paws (with an extra toe on each foot), small horns, and amethyst saber fangs. These features may not be visible on all his art.
He has a black-chinned hummingbird companion named Coach and a mini emperor penguin named Private, and unless otherwise stated, assume the hummingbird is with him at all times.

Ares

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

10-14-2021, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2021, 11:58 AM by Ares. Edited 1 time in total.)
"I'm not a pipsqueak." Ares waved a paw in dismissal. A silent "yeah yeah" sort of manner. This kid didn't know him well enough to know that his comment had been rhetorical or...joking or whatever. Clearly, the kid wasn't a pipsqueak, but hey, if he was younger then it still kinda-sorta counted, right? "I'm Tyrfing Finnvi, not Saxe, but Chaos is my dad." Finnvi? Huh...that name sounded familiar to him but he couldn't quite place it. "So the old man caved and let ya'll take your mom's name I'm assuming? If it's who I think it is, she must've strong-armed him or somethin' I dunno. Either way, Chaos is your dad and my dad, which makes me your older brother." Wow...that was weird to say...

All that weirdness aside, he focused on the other weirdness going on. "I wanted to catch one to see if it could be bred. We keep other animals, why not creepy glowing ones? Maybe they give better-then-normal meat." Ares shrugged as he stared up at the weird mice. "I mean, sure I guess. Mice breed like there's no tomorrow, but I dunno that you want meat from 'em...you'd need a shit ton of mice to feed a wolf, I mean have you seen the size of our family? You and I alone could eat a barrel or two full of 'em!"

The kid's latter question about him possibly getting in trouble brought a chuckle from the older Saxe. "Nah, I don't think so. If we got in trouble for all the dumb shit we did all the time, we'd be boring goody do-gooders like...Abaven...or something. And we don't roll that way. If you wanna catch one, go for it. Just uh, I guess I should tell you to be careful yada yada, cuz I'm not takin' the fall for you if dad asks questions."

That was a good disclaimer as any, right? As for the kid catching the mice, he was interested in seeing him try. He himself didn't have claws to climb up shit like Tyr, so unless the glowing freaky mice came down to his level, he was content with sitting back and watching.

Tyrfing

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (210)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy

10-14-2021, 07:36 PM

He probably should have been more confused at hearing this man was his brother by blood, but it wasn't like Fireside was void of both immediate and extended family anyways. Tyrfing scrutinized the man a moment, going over it all in his head and deciding that he was an acceptable brother in the end, even if he wasn't a Finnvi. "I wasn't really paying attention to who named me or for what reason, sorry." He sassed back as only a teenager could, turning away from Ares and attempting to flip his tail into his nose lightly to punctuate his remark.

Thankfully Ares did not shut down his plan - he did state the foolishness of hunting mice for food (which, sure, Fin could agree with though he'd not admit it out loud) but not anything against catching and bringing back the glowing critter to his den. He meant to ask what Abaven had to do with it - as thus far the yearling hadn't been sat down with the stories on other packs - but thought better of it as the glowing rodent disappeared into the rafter once more. Tyrfing took that as his cue, unsheathing his cat claws and leaping onto a wooden beam, intent on dragging himself all the way up to the rafters and loft where he assumed the critters were congregating. As he climbed, he shout-whispered down instructions to his new brother. "If any jump down, be ready to pounce on it for me, okay?" What else were siblings for, if not for helping you reach your goals?

With tired paws he reached the top beams, heaving himself up and preparing himself mentally for the death-defying chase that would follow across narrow rafters. His eyes struggled a moment to adjust to the dim light, but then he realized how very dark it was up here when his prey fucking glowed. "They're gone." Fin yelled down after a moment, stunned. "All of them, they disappeared. Did they get by you?" He clawed tight to the rafted and swung his head down, surveying the barn floor with confusion.

"Speech"

table art by nightauctor

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-15-2021, 03:40 PM
Ares

Something feels off. You also find 3 crystals. Maybe these are worth keeping…

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-15-2021, 05:34 PM
Tyrfing

You feel a strange chill in the air. You also find 4 crystals. Maybe these are worth keeping…