size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
10-09-2021, 06:29 PM

Artorias had been leading the Hallows as the Aegis for a few weeks now, and though he had gone through a lifetime of training and preparation for this role, he was still being tested almost daily. The pack was well underway with preparations for the annual Feast of Unity, things within Hallowed lands and across Auster had been peaceful, and he had made good headway into making friendly relations with Fenmyre across the continent. His ambition of a protected and unified Auster was slowly becoming a reality. But with the seemingly sudden and random occurrences of paranormal and horrific events popping up across the land, Artorias found himself being challenged in ways he could never have anticipated.

The young alpha was walking a patrol along the western edge of Hallowed lands, between the plains and the stretch of shore that ran the length of their territory. The sun was warm, but a cool coastal breeze rippled through his coat—which seemed to be growing denser by the day despite the weather—and helped keep him from getting too hot. The air was flavored with the smells of salt from the sea and grass from the plains. These patrols, which once had been for him to recuperate his lost strength, now were just a part of his routine again. Alpha or not, Artorias had a rhythm to his life he liked to maintain. It gave him balance. As he walked, Artorias wondered what his fellow alpha would think of his progress so far. Had he been meeting expectations? What did the other wolves think of his efforts so far? More importantly, what did Ulric think of the young wolf's progress so far?

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterBeevent
1KCritical Hit!
10-10-2021, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 02:50 AM by Ulric. Edited 1 time in total.)
Ulric started making his way back up from the shore, following the path that they had kept maintained to have an easy trail to and from the coast from the castle. With Artorias back he had felt much of the extra load he had been carrying be relieved, but even with that it didn't keep him from working nearly constantly. It just was who he was and he was pretty sure that he'd be this way until the day that he could physically no longer keep up with it—which might come sooner than he'd really like. Age was going to catch up to him one of these days and already he was starting to feel days where his joints ached more than others or where a long patrol took more out of him than it once had. One of these days he was going to need Eska to force him to retire and he was honestly looking forward to that day more than he probably should.

He couldn't let that happen until he was positive that Artorias could fully hold his own as the leader of the pack. He had promised that he would keep the pack safe until Artorias and his siblings were ready and he had taken it upon himself to make sure that Artorias had every bit of training he needed, but it really had gotten to the point that he didn't know what else he could teach him. He was doing well in his new role despite the set backs he had earlier in the season and Ulric had taken on more of a support role than anything. As if on cue, he looked up and spotted the blue-hued young leader that had been the subject of his thoughts and a little smirk crossed his lips. He picked up the pace slightly to catch up to his former Baron and fell into step beside him and offering him a smile. "Mind if I finish out your patrol with you?"

Ulric Adravendi

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
10-10-2021, 06:10 PM

Speak of the Adravendi and he shall appear! From the well worn path leading down to the beach, Ulric appeared, his great dappled brown form rising up onto the plains to fall into step alongside him. Artorias gave his fellow alpha a warm smile in greeting, nodding with a motion for Ulric to join him. "I'd never mind your company, Ulric," he replied, still finding it a bit odd to be able to address his former Aegis by first name instead of "sir". Just one of the many abnormalities of growing up, he supposed. Wolves stopped becoming "sir" and "ma'am" and just were who they were. Although Tamsyn would always be Mom to him.

Together the two of them walked along the coastal edge of the territory, Artorias keeping his eye out for dangers, but also just taking in the sights of his home. His home. His pack. Gods, being an alpha was a weird concept to wrap your mind around! "Preparations for the feast seem to be going well," he mentioned to fill the space between them with idle chitchat. It had been a while since he'd just gotten to catch up with Ulric. "I, uh... I wanted to say thank you, Ulric, for all the work you've done to help prepare me for... all of this. And for leading the Hallows the way my mother would've wanted after she passed." The Carpathius boy drew quiet for a moment, his eyes dimming while he thought of Resin. He hoped she would be proud of him, mistakes and flaws and all. "I wish she could've seen what she made... what we've become..."

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterBeevent
1KCritical Hit!
10-10-2021, 10:08 PM
Ulric easily fell into step beside Artorias and looked around the landscape around them while they followed the border on the patrol. Eventually the Aegis brought up the preparations for the upcoming feast and Ulric grinned with a nod of agreement. "It is. I think this will be the first time I've ever heard of a feast of giraffe steaks, but there certainly won't be any shortage of food." He was still proud of Ezra for leading the hunt and for the rest of the group for having the hunt go off without a hitch. He certainly would never have thought to go after an animal like that, but then again he had led them to hunt a mammoth so... perhaps a giraffe wasn't all that crazy. "The feast hall is looking good as well and it seems like the healers were able to gather a good amount of herbs for the pharmacy while they were out getting the flowers and greenery." He felt like the winter feast would be his last big event that he helped plan before he officially stepped down from alphaship so he was glad that the event was going well so far.

He looked to Arteries when the young man began to speak, blinking with surprise at the thanks he was given for the work he had put in to helping him prepare for his new role. That was easy to wave off as a given and something he would have done whether he had been asked to or not, but hearing Artorias thank him for leading The Hallows the way Resin would have wanted it to be led touched him. He had been extremely found of the former Aegis and he always hoped that he was doing right by her in his attempts to fill her paw prints even though that felt like an impossible task. "Well... it's been an honor," he said in response. He saw the emotion cross Artorias' face and listened with understanding as he spoke of how he wished Resin was here to see what it had all become. "I do too..." he said with a sigh, looking off toward the castle for a moment before looking back to Artorias and gently nudging his shoulder with his own. "She'd be proud of you. No doubt about that. You've grown into an incredible young man and you're going to be an even better alpha."

Ulric Adravendi

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

10-12-2021, 08:59 PM

Artorias couldn't agree with Ulric more. The feast hall was looking incredible, they had plenty of food for everyone and then some, and it was all thank to the combined efforts of the pack. He couldn't be prouder of the Hallows. "This is the first major event we'll be having since we lost my mother. I really want everything to go well, for everyone. I want everyone to remember the way we felt last year, when we were all like a family." More than anything, Artorias wanted to bring the Hallows back to the way it had felt under Resin's leadership. He still felt a rift between some of the wolves in the pack; it was his goal to recreate that tight knit family his mother had created the pack with. Camaraderie would return to the Hallows and they would return to the roots of his mother's vision, but under his guidance and leadership. Sirius had once told him that he was the best of them, and though Artorias had rejected the overzealous compliment out of humility, he sincerely hoped the Warlord was correct. He would need to be to achieve the lofty goals he aimed for.

Ulric seemed genuinely taken aback by Artorias' thanks, but accepted it as an honor regardless. "It's been our honor to follow you," he remarked, giving Ulric a small smile. He winced and rubbed his jaw with a paw, feeling an ache in his jaw and teeth that had only recently started. Hopefully it would pass on its own, otherwise he'd have to pay Gwynevere a visit. Ulric didn't miss the opportunity to turn the flattery around on the young alpha, and his words came close to bringing misting tears to Artorias' amber eyes. All he'd ever wanted was for his parents to be proud of him and to bring honor and respect to his family. Hearing Ulric say how proud she would be of the man he had become... it was validating in ways he never knew he needed. Even though he'd lost his sword, his most precious possession, the gift from his late mother that had been her token of confidence in him. "Thank you, Ulric. I really hope you're right. I'm just trying my best."

Turning his focus to a more serious topic, Artorias looked over across the plains, then looked back to Ulric again. "Have you noticed any strange occurrences happening around Auster lately, usually at night?" he asked, leaving the question open to see if Ulric had encountered any of the frightful things he and Bowen had seen out on the plains that night.

One big happy family

Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

1KCritical Hit!
10-19-2021, 10:25 AM
Ulric was both over emotional about most things and also terrible at expressing his emotions so the tender moment of thanks between him and Artorias left him like one of the stereotypical fathers that wanted to awkwardly hit him on the shoulder as some sign of affection. He was never really certain of whether he had done well as a leader or a father, but little moments like this with Artorias telling him it was an honor to follow him or the little signs of gratitude he received from some of his children made it all worth it. "I know I'm right," he reassured the young man again with a grin. Artorias was going to be the best alpha Auster or Boreas had ever seen—not just because Artorias had a good head on his shoulders and the skill to back it up, but because he was surrounded by good wolves who all have his best interest at heart. He'd never be left working on his own and that would do wonders for him as he continued to lead well on into the future. Artorias had a way of drawing others in and Ulric was excited to see how he developed even more as time went on.

As they continued on their patrol, silence fell between them for a moment before Artorias turned the topic to the strange happenings that the nights had brought to them recently. He nodded in agreement, saying, "I have. Eska and I had a run in with a strange glowing fox while we were out the other night and I swear I've seen eyes following me around at night now... All these fireflies and the mist... It's all very strange." He always hated facing things that he couldn't fight head on and the unusual changes in the world around them certainly fell into that category. "I don't know what's causing it, but whatever it is I don't trust it."

Ulric Adravendi