size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

By the skin of my teethSnake EyesThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 21K
10-15-2021, 12:39 AM

TIME IS A BUTTERFLY, I'M RIPPING OFF WINGS

The titan had taken a liking to hunting the small animals that had taken to glowing beautifully in the light of the never waning moon. They were surprisingly well camouflaged against the snow, which reflected the cool light of the moon with the brilliance of a mirror. The hellbeast stood out against the pale backdrop like a sore thumb, but that only made the hunt more entertaining. He justified his massacre through the guise of investigation. Every time he caught one of the odd little critters, he was able to examine them more closely. So far he hadn't been able to determine much aside from the sheer randomness of what parts took to bioluminescence, and the odd way that some of them seemed utterly enchanted when their eyes caught sight of the full moon overhead. Like they were hypnotised for just a moment or two, but it was sometimes enough for him to close the last few paces and land the killing blow.

On this particular night in midwinter, the evening had only just given way to night. The moon hung high in the sky overhead, illuminating the snow covered ground and casting stark shadows over the glittering substrate. The cliffs offered just enough cover for him to lurk in the minimal shadows along its face, and he was watching a ptarmigan foraging along the edge of the dried up riverbed. Amidst the beautiful shimmering of the ground, he almost hadn't noticed the subtle change in the bird's winter plumage. He was familiar with the plump winter birds, he was fond of them as a little snack during the cold seasons. This one was unremarkable, except when it turned its head just right and cast a shadow over the darker feathers over its neck and face. Where ruddy brown usually covered the bird, it instead wore shades of purple. The horned brute wanted to take the time to truly admire the aberration before he slaughtered it and examined its corpse. What if all those pretty colours suddenly faded as the life left its body?

Ruby marked form lurked in a crouch at the foot of the cliffs, hidden by a small outcropping and the shadow it cast. He'd tucked his head low to the ground, and his horns appeared more like a pair of strange points amidst the dark stone than anything more ominous.

SPEECH || actions || OTHERS

POE IS RATED M, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT HE IS PRONE TO ALL MANNER OF VIOLENCE AND CRUELTY.
NONE OF THIS REFLECTS HOW VIRGIL FEELS ABOUT YOU OR YOUR CHARACTER, PROMISE!

Doom

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-15-2021, 12:54 AM
He smelled blood.

It was a strange thing to smell while watching the fantastical lights of the fireflies dancing in the moon ominous blue glow. Obviously it was a kill of some kind, for the scent was anything but a wolfs blood and the scent was too fleeting to be anything of interest. A small rodent, bird perhaps. Doom didn't really pay much mind, but the rich scent of the iron made his mouth water. He was hungry.

He wasn't exactly following the scent, but was curious to see if there was more where that came from. The blue glowing animals and insects hardly bothered him now and seemed to be harmless, more afraid of him than he is of them like typical prey animals. His journeys led him to a strange sight, another monstrous wolf, but this time with the colors of blood on blackened fur and a set of demonic horns. Just like the last meeting he had with a wolf in these lands, he was almost certain it wasn't the strange blue creatures he needed to be afraid of. It was these large wolves equipped with strange features from horns to tusks that he worried most about.

In case he startled the demonic looking canid, Doom let out a quiet warning of his presence. He didn't want to be suddenly attacked by these strange wolves, uncertain if even all of his training would have prepared him for something so... mutated.

Poe

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

10-15-2021, 03:21 PM

A soft whuff from somewhere nearby drew his attention away from the fowl, which startled at the sudden sound. Taking off in a flurry of alabaster wings, it fled a dozen or so feet out onto the snowy plains surrounding the ancient riverbed. A low growl reverberated through his ribs, heat rippling through his core as irritation flared. His hunt was ruined. Not that he would give whoever had startled the ptarmigan the satisfaction of knowing they'd successfully annoyed him. Straightening to his full height, he loomed over the short outcropping at the foot of the cliffs, whiskey eyes seeking out whoever had interrupted his quiet time out in the middle of nowhere. There. A dark furred wolf- smaller than himself for certain, which was typical. "Thanks for that." the infernal male growled, taking note of the way the lighter fur on the stranger's face seemed to reflect the blue moonlight. If he were in a better mood he might have called the man pretty. "I definitely wasn't trying to catch that one." sarcasm dripped like venom from rumbling baritones as he took another lumbering step closer.

Casting his attention back out to the snowy terrain on the opposite bank, he watched the ptarmigan resume its foraging. He had lost the element of surprise, as well as his only cover amidst the gleaming snow all around them. "Can't believe how much of this shit is all fucked up," he muttered, still glaring daggers at the ptarmigan that would likely escape again if he tried to chase it down.

POE IS RATED M, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT HE IS PRONE TO ALL MANNER OF VIOLENCE AND CRUELTY.

Doom

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

10-15-2021, 04:04 PM
Although the man before him was frightening, Doom had been taught to never back down. The sarcasm and annoyance dripped from the mans baritones and Doom couldn't help but narrow his eyes. The man stepped forward and Doom did his best not to take a step back, even though he wanted to keep as much distance between them as possible. Fact of the matter was, this man had just lost his apparent snack and if he was as mean as he looked, Doom didn't doubt that he would take it out on him. He'd never fought anyone so large before, especially one with strange additions like horns. The entire being of the man had distracted him from his initial concern - blue glowing everything.

"If I prevented you from catching a small snack, then perhaps it's not my fault." He implied the man to be incapable of hunting. A man as large as he should have easily had that snack handled whether or not Doom approached quietly or loudly. Of course, he assumed his own sass would be met back by something equal to if not worse. He actually expected worse, and not in the form of sarcasm honestly. When the larger man mentioned something about the world as of late, Doom couldn't help but nod slightly.

"My homeland wasn't like this at all. This isn't normal for here?" He asked as some fireflies gathered before them, between where they stood and where the mans meal had wandered off to. If massive wolves with horns, tusks, and strange colors was normal, then he fully expected some glowing blue bugs and plants to be. "I know winters are long, but the nights here seem like they'll never end." He was thinking out loud at this point, wondering if thee blue glowing and the funky wolves had anything to do with each other.

Poe

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

10-15-2021, 10:01 PM

Credit where it was due, the smaller male stood his ground even with the ruby stained titan looming over him. The hint of fear that flashed in those pretty violet eyes didn't go unnoticed, it was fuel for his monstrous ego. "If I prevented you from catching a small snack, then perhaps it's not my fault." the stranger sniped back, to which the hellish colossus raised one scarlet painted brow with mock curiosity. Ash gloved limbs carried him another few paces forth, further closing the gap between them. Heavy crown lowered so he could better stare into the eyes of the monochrome wolf, reading the minutiae of his expression all the while. Bold, but deeply foolish. "Is that so?" he drawled, tipping his visage ever so slightly to one side. The dark curve of his horns caught the moonlight, shining silvery blue. Before he could have the chance to escalate matters, to make the boy feel true fear, his thoughts were interrupted.

"My homeland wasn't like this at all. This isn't normal for here?" the stranger questioned, either pointedly ignoring the danger or too naïve to recognize it. Whiskey gold eyes remained fixed upon the young features of the smaller wolf, still accentuated by the barest hint of baby fat. "I know winters are long, but the nights here seem like they'll never end." he continued, and perhaps there was some form of strategy to it. After all, the hellish brute had been quite entertained by his slow investigation of the strange happenings that had cropped up this winter. Gaze locked upon the boy's face, he blinked once, but didn't look away save to trail his attention over the curve of his silvery snout, glowing pale cerulean in the moonlight. A few of the strange blue fireflies danced closer to the young male's ebon and ash masked features, highlighting the curve of a cheekbone, the dark edge of a bottom lip, the nearly ivory edge of one ear. "I haven't been around long enough to give you an answer, but I don't think this is how things usually go in winter." he said with a light shrug, deep voice laced with an edge of amusement. Perhaps he was being staved off by talk of the strange phenomena, perhaps he was taking a moment to decide how he wanted this interaction to go. It was difficult to say so early into their little chat. "Did you not notice the way the ptarmigan glows, where the brown feathers are suddenly purple?" he questioned with a furrow forming between his crimson brows. He jerked his head towards the pale fowl that was still busily scratching and pecking at the snow in search of food.

Doom

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

10-15-2021, 11:22 PM
Even as the larger male approached, closing the distance between them only in an attempt to intimidate. Doom wouldn't lie and say that it wasn't working, but he certainly wasn't going to cave at this basic attempt. He held his ground, taking a deep breath while the man answered with a simple retort. He chose to bite his tongue from saying anything else on the matter, knowing that it wouldn't be setting himself up for any good things. Interacting with this man alone already seemed like a bad idea, so getting on his bad side wouldn't be worth it in the least.

He did at least mostly confirm one of his questions, regarding the winters in this land. The man wasn't sure it was normal, but even to him it seemed unlikely. Doom was glad to be reassured by that, at least. A moment later the man continued on about the snack he had lost, asking if he had noticed the strange coloring where it should have been normal. Doom couldn't say that he saw it specifically on that creature, but had seen it on so many others before so it was of little surprise to him. "I didn't see it on your snack, but I've seen it on other animals." He repeated his thoughts easily, looking off in the direction of the fowl.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-16-2021, 06:41 PM
Poe

You feel uneasy. You also find 4 mushrooms. Maybe these are worth keeping…

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-16-2021, 06:42 PM
Doom

The stars above seem to twinkle in response. You also find 2 crystals. Maybe these are worth keeping…